Today's Daily Ritual with Minerva

Good evening everyone; I wanted to share a couple of exciting situations today. By “exciting,” I mean “poop your pants” moments. I decided to start listening to the Daily Ritual videos on my way to work in the mornings; it’s a short drive down the foothills and peaceful. I turned up today’s “Minerva’s Prayer for Freedom” and made my way down the mountain. As I came close to the bottom, thoroughly engrossed, my car started sliding sideways on black ice into the oncoming vehicles. I quickly recovered and slid away from that car, sliding the other way and fishtailed around the next turn, making it safe and continued. After composing myself, I said my thank you’s to Minerva, not knowing her at all (but learning) and hoping she was guiding me.
Later in the day at work, a fire broke out in a resident’s bathroom (at the nursing home). The fire alarm went off, and I came out of another resident’s room, smelled the smoke, and was told the fires in the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door carefully to check and got blasted with the fire extinguisher from the adjoining entry. Aides had the fire under control, but the bed-bound resident’s room filled up smoke and extinguisher fumes. We got his windows open and the screens off for some gulps of fresh air; 3 of us got him up, and I raced him down the hall to the dining room where others had gathered. After that, the day settled down, and nothing else too crazy happened. I felt grateful for the day’s shenanigans being minor in the end. This evening I’ve been reading up on Minerva, and a few things about her resonated with me. She is a symbol of protection and strength among many other things AND…is often depicted with her sacred creature, the owl. I was wearing some new earrings that are little owls for the first time. Coincidence? I think not! Thanks for reading. Blessed be :owl:

10 Likes

Oh my goodness, @Mistella- what a day you’ve had! It sounds like it was terrifying in the moment- I am so glad that both you and the resident emerged safe and unharmed :pray::heart:

If it was indeed Minerva guiding you through to safety, then many thanks to Her- may She and Her owls continue to watch over you and protect you! :owl::two_hearts:

5 Likes

The owl! How fantastic! That was a sign! I had a full week not long ago, that kept presenting the owl. It was after a mention in a book about signs. I took that as a sign. The owl is groovy and has always resonated with me. I used to be drawn to collecting vintage owl sculptures. I love that you recognize your wild day as a day that you were being guided and protected to safety. You were also a protector to others. Stay bright!

7 Likes

Wow. I’m so glad you and the residents are safe! Minerva was watching over you for sure!

6 Likes

Thank you, @LissaMay222 ! Yes, the owl resonates with me too. I bet you have a great collection of vintage owls, how intriguing! Thank you for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you, @BryWisteria; I am open to Minerva’s guidance and blessed it’s her. An owl often visits in a tree outside my bedroom window, and I can hear it hooting when it’s quiet. Thank you for your kind words, blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst I am really vibing with Minerva! I’m so grateful for her guidance and thankful to have you all to share this with! Blessed be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you @Francisco for the image fixer-upper! I am often technically challenged. :laughing:

6 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad you survived this eventful day :rofl:

Fun fact: Minerva is the Roman equivalent of Athena, goddess of the ancient city of Athens. And apparently Minerva is the patron goddess of California, since they included her in the state seal:

Great_Seal_of_California.svg

And Liberty (as in the statue of liberty) is also a facet of Athena!

7 Likes

Wow! @Francisco, That lady gets around! Thank you for the interesting tidbits. I’ve been learning tons of new info every day with you all. It’s wonderful! :dizzy:

5 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome…btw, a great place to find owl sculptures (historically for me) has always been the thrift store. Some good ol vintage ones that is! :wink::sunflower:

5 Likes