Traditional Runes v Witches Runes

As part of my studies on the runes, mainly the Nordic Runes, I am looking at other runic forms, of which there are many. But particularly witches runes. I haven’t purchased any yet, their origins are unclear, some information says they’re a modern concept, other information says they are a mystery. :person_shrugging: Where there is agreement is that they are not simply an alphabet but are instead a simplified divination system.

So, before I make a purchase, does anyone use these lovely runes, and what kind of energy do you get from them?

:green_heart:

13 Likes

I’ve never used Witches Runes before but I think the general consensus is that they’re fairly modern - invented sometime in the 19th or 20th century. I also can’t find a source for the runes but I’m pretty sure they’re probably in a book somewhere :laughing:

10 Likes

I think Loki enjoys giving me puzzles. :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m sure he does :rofl:

9 Likes

I searched for a book about these runes and could not find anything other than they are a modern concept. Check out the above website for a lengthy article about how to read them.

10 Likes

Thankyou I’ll take a look :green_heart:

9 Likes

I do have a set, well two actually, that I’ve made. I enjoy them and use them on occasion. As the set has fewer than the traditional runes, it’s a bit more limited of a reading if you’re looking for something in-depth. From what I’ve read they are more of a modern creation. I know some are listed in Scott Cunnigham’s books, I think the entry on wicca that I did had the pictures of those pages.

And my opinion, make your own :slight_smile: Unless you find a set that call to you.

11 Likes

Thankyou, I have some sparkly femu. I’ll make some. :green_heart:

6 Likes

It took a bit of trial and error searching for me to find the article so I hope it’s OK to share a direct link:
Witch’s Runes: A Simple Introduction to Rune Reading

6 Likes

That’s great! It’s not an easy site to navigate.

6 Likes

I found another site for interpretations of the witches runes:

4 Likes

Ooh thankyou. :partying_face:

4 Likes