Treated & Man-Made Crystals šŸŒ€

What are your thoughts on treated/man-made crystals & stones? Are you a fan of them or not? Do you think they are just as effective for you as natural crystals? Do you own any treated or man-made crystals?

Heres a few I can think of just on the top of my headā€¦ Orgonite, Aura Quartz, Opalite, Goldstone, Some Citrine, Blue Howlite. Im sure there are lots more out there!

Heres an article I found talking about them!

5 Likes

Very interesting topic! :diamonds:

As far as I know, lab synthesized gemstones are essentially the same as their naturally-grown counter parts, all the same elements went into creating them, minus the human suffering.

Natural sources are not always sustainable or ethical.

Regarding how they work, I feel itā€™s more about personal preference than anything else. You should try them and compare to see if they work for you!

7 Likes

One of my favourite crystals is my opalite. Iā€™m so drawn to it and I genuinely feel a connection with it. I sleep with it under my pillow most nights and carry it around with me with Iā€™m feeling fragile.

So I have no problem with man made stones :blush:

7 Likes

Man made stones are out of natural made elements, The elements are still existing in the materials used. So in essence, even though man made, they are just the sameā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t mind man-made stones until someone tries to tell me that the beautiful geode I went to buy at a market last year was just naturally that deep of a shade of purple and I knew they were full of crap. They were dyed, and it was obvious.

Anyway, that being said, I agree with @roxanne here. The stones use natural elements - like heat - to change their physical or chemical properties. That doesnā€™t make them any less magickal.

7 Likes

I was wondering about this. Great topic!

4 Likes

When given the choice between natural versus man-made, Iā€™ve always tended to get the natural stones. Itā€™s always just been a personal preference of mine.

But I agree that the same elements go into both types- and in most cases, I would never be able to tell the difference! :laughing: The most important thing is connecting with the stone. And trying to avoid stones that were collected in unethical ways, like Franscisco mentioned. Or stones that are mislabeled and sold as something they arenā€™t- like @MeganB mentioned here, or in the dicusccion Is Selenite Really Selenite?

A very interesting topic- thanks for brining it up, @Missa! :heart:

6 Likes

Aragonite can be found as hot spring deposits when water, releasing calcium upon reaching the air, forms mounds and thick crusts around the spring (ā€œtravertineā€). Gem-quality crystals of Aragonite can be found in Germany and Austria. Other sources include Czechoslovakia, Sicily, Greece, Spain, and Japan.Dec 28, 2018
https://soils.wisc.edu ā€ŗ aragonite_tx
Aragonite

Arogonite is not manmade

4 Likes

Youā€™re right, Aragonite is not manmade. She said that Orgonite is manmade. They are similarly spelled but different stones :blush:

6 Likes

It happens. Itā€™s A common mistake.

4 Likes

I have 2 Opalite pyramidsā€¦ they are small and they were a gift from Embodii Crystals. They were in the box my purchase came in. I do have some heat treated Amethyst (Citrine). I donā€™t work with that much, but I like how it looks. I would rather use my natural Citrine. So I have a few tumbled stones & a point that I wear as a necklace.

5 Likes

Natural citrine is truly hard to come by these days. Itā€™s crazy how an abundant crystal is being sold as heat treated. But itā€™s still pretty :star_struck:

3 Likes

I love natural citrine over the heat treated amethyst, but both are pretty. I have a necklace, a couple of tumbles, & soapā€¦ that have the natural citrine. I do have a slice of heat treated amethyst & a small necklace charm that is heat treated also. I want to say that at some point my birthstone changed from Topaz to Citrine? I donā€™t know the reasoning, but I still use Topaz as my birthstoneā€¦ Iā€™m an OG. LOL :rofl:

4 Likes

Youā€™re too much!!! :rofl: I have three topaz and I have the springy necklace that you can put crystals in. I always put them in there. Sometimes I get scared that theyā€™ll fall out.
This necklace:

3 Likes

Yes! I have those coming out of my ears! I use them for keychains too. I got them from the tumbler mostly. I put my smaller pieces in them & wear them. :heart:

3 Likes