Trigger Spells - How to Make & Use Them

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope it can help keep you protected while you’re out investigating!

5 Likes

I really like this concept! Thank you!

5 Likes

You’re welcome, @robin77 :blush:

5 Likes

Does the spell wear down on its own? How could I tell if I am no longer protected? Is there a way to turn it off?

7 Likes

Hello @bj1 and welcome :heart:

These are all great questions!

In general, spells do tend to wear down with time. It’s the same as anything else- think of your favorite coat, a package of cookies, or the doors or windows in your house. Anything that is being used will take on wear with time (sometimes quickly, sometimes over a long period of time), and anything with a finite amount of energy/resources put into it will eventually be used up.

As such, after a certain period of time passes, it is a good idea to renew any important spell you wish to be ongoing. The big exception to this is spells that have already manifested their intended result- their purpose has been fulfilled, and they do not need to be recasted.

As for how to know when to renew a spell- that depends entirely on the details of the individual spell. The intention, the spell’s purpose, the ingredients used, where the energy is being drawn from, how much wear/use the spell is going through, and any terms set with a deity will all give clues as to when it should be recast.

That being said, the best way to know is to trust your intuition! If you feel a spell’s power is waning, then it is probably time to renew it :grinning: :magic_wand:

In terms of trigger spells, you could easily add a part in the spellwork saying “if I do X, then the spell will be null and void”. You can set what “X” would be- writing a note asking for the spell to be void, putting a black rock on your altar, saying “spell, finish!” out loud, etc- it could be anything.

With that clause in place, if you decide you no longer want the spell to work, then you have already programmed an easy “off” button.

These are just my thoughts on the subject- I’m sure others will have additional input and answers for you to consider too!

Wishing you all the best- happy spellwork and blessed be :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! I am starting to trust my intuition more. Intuition seems to play an important part in all aspects of the practice.

7 Likes

I’m happy if I could help, @bj1! :blush:

I agree completely- intuition is a big part of the practice! It’s a great area for someone to focus on in their studies, as intuitive abilities grow and develop along with the caster :mage:

Wishing you all the best with your studies- blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Merry Meet!

Sneaking into this thread to welcome you to the forum!

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

Kat

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

6 Likes