Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies

The lovely and talented @BryWisteria asked for something with Triple Chocolate and this was the first thing I found. Since you can make giant cookies, I said, why not? The link will lead you to the site where there’s a video if you wanna see how big they can get. Enjoy!

Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Additional Time: 1 hrs
Total Time: 1 hrs 25 mins
Servings: 12

Ingredients:

¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 (3 ounces) bar dark chocolate, cut into chunks
3 tablespoons white chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine brown sugar, butter, white sugar, and salt in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until a creamy, deep-brown mixture forms. Add egg and vanilla; beat until mixture lightens and becomes smooth, 10 to 15 seconds.

Mix flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add slowly to the wet ingredients until mostly incorporated, but some white traces of flour remain. Fold in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate using a spatula, not the mixer. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) when ready to bake.

Divide cold dough into 2 1/4-ounce portions and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake in the preheated oven until the edges start to look golden brown and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake; the centers will not look fully done. Cool until cookies are set, about 30 minutes.

Cook’s Note:
For huge cookies, divide the dough into 5 portions and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of All Recipes.

10 Likes

@Amethyst These look fabulous! Just looking at them makes my mouth water! I remember what soft cookies :cookie: used to taste like, being GF is not fun. All the GF flours always seem to make hard cookies. Sadly it’s just not the same.
All my love :heart: to you dear Amethyst!
Thank you for sharing another yummy recipe!

6 Likes

@Amethyst
Honey? Where’s the danger line?

DANGER, CHOCOLATE MAY BE HABIT-FORMING.
CAUSING EUPHORIA, JOY, AND :heartbeat:
:boom: happiness palpations
:kiss: You may run around kissing everyone
And when you crash, you become a sloth
:sloth:

but it’s worth it.
love you
Garnet

7 Likes

I’m so sorry if I temped you @marsha! GF must be so difficult. Want me to look up some cookie recipes for you?

Sigh. I’ve been addicted for so long that I’m just a sloth. LOL!

Love you too, @Garnet!

6 Likes

No, my darling. I have tried so many different recipes and mixes over the years. Brownies usually turn out well though and I make those every now and then, just often enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Thank you so much for offering. I love you, my friend. :people_hugging: :heart:

6 Likes

Oh no… I’m a sloth :sloth: :heart: but I’m happy!

5 Likes

Awwww gosh, Amethyst- you are too sweet! :blush::two_hearts:

I love the way you think! :laughing: :+1: :+1: Double thumbs up of approval from me! :heart:

Don’t mind if I do…

And hoo boy! You weren’t kidding!

Screenshot 300 x 300

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT COOKIE! That’s a whole meal! I’m in love :joy::+1: :heart:

These are absolutely amazing- we just finished making a quick batch of Red Velvet heart cupcakes (with chocolate chips inside, of course), but this is going on the to-bake list too! Bet I could the whole tray of these bad boys :laughing:

You’re a legend, Amethyst- thank you so much for this perfect recipe! It’s even better than I could have imagined. Big hugs to you! :hugs::two_hearts: :chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

Yuuuum! I love how big you can make these.

I think I may try making them with my daughter this week. Just need to make sure we have the chocolate chips!

3 Likes

Love you too, @marsha! I may look at brownies later on for you!

Those are some cookies! :yum:

Thanks for adding the video.

Oh, red velvet cupcakes with chocolate chips, yum! That sounds amazing! Glad you liked the recipe, big hugs to you too!

I thought they looked amazing. I hope your daughter likes them.

3 Likes

I think my current count is five cupcakes- I just keep popping them in everytime I walk by the kitchen :face_with_hand_over_mouth::cupcake:

I loved it- thanks again for sharing! I really enjoy seeing the recipes you find, you’ve got such a good eye for spotting the best ones! :hugs::heart:

2 Likes

I’ve got a recipe for mini king cakes for next Sunday, considering it’s Mardi Gras, that seems appropriate. LOL! Thanks, love!

3 Likes

Goodness, is it already time for Mardi Gras!? February sure is whooshing by :astonished:

Mini king cakes sound deeeeelicious! I’ll look forward to seeing the recipe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes