Two Pumpkin Recipes Today! 🎃

Because they sort of go together. If you’re gonna have roast pumpkin, what are you gonna do with the seeds? :jack_o_lantern:

Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme

Ingredients:

4 cups fresh pumpkin cubed (about 1 inch)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 TBL fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme dried
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F

Cover a cookie sheet with parchments paper, set aside.

If you have a whole pumpkin, you will want to cut it in half and scrape out all of the seeds. Then slice into wedges that are about 1 - 2 inches thick. Cut the skin off and cut the pumpkin into cubes about 1 - 2 inches in size

In a medium bowl, place the pumpkin, olive oil, and spices. Stir well.

Pour the pumpkin mixture on the cookie sheet. Make sure the pumpkin is in a flat layer.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until a fork easily passes in the pumpkin.

And …

Sweet and Salty Rosemary Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients:

1 cup freshly harvested pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Rinse seeds under cold water until they are no longer sticky. Dry well and add them to a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Stir to coat and spread the seeds on baking sheets

Roast for 15-20 minutes, removing after 10 minutes to shake the pan and move the seeds around a bit, flipping some of the crispier ones. Remove from oven when they are golden brown.

Allow them to cool before you start snacking.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Oooooh yummo! Thanks for sharing :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Roasted pumpkin seeds!!! :heart_eyes: Oh, I have such wonderful childhood memories of getting pumpkins for Halloween and letting the seeds bake while we carved funny faces :jack_o_lantern:

This is a great way to use the whole pumpkin and make not one, but TWO very delicious pumpkiny snacks! :yum: Gosh I can already taste them :drooling_face: Thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

My Mom loved pumpkin seeds. One year we did two jack o’ lanterns and we has seeds out the wazoo. LOL. It’s a nice memory of back before my Mom got infirm. Glad you like the recipes! :hugs:

3 Likes

It sounds like pumpkin seeds bring back lovely memories for you too, @Amethyst ! :jack_o_lantern:

I’ve got a pumpkin I plan to carve for the holiday, so when I toast the seeds and use this recipe I’ll think of you! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for those kind words. :blush: I don’t know what to say. You’ve got me speechless. :hugs:

2 Likes