Understanding what it means to be a witch

So i have been doing some deep thinking and i just realised what it means to myself to be a witch. It is not about what i have what tools i use how much i practice or even just having a title. It is more than that, and to me it means asides from God knowing my fate and directing which way my life goes i am also a big player in this.
I always knew i was different maybe it was for different reasons growing up from the way i acted to who i became friends with and even partners i chose. It seemed everything i drew was ‘bad’ for me, but i have just come to realise it is not because i am bad, but because i have a good heart, and perhaps these individuals who hurt me so bad, wanted to see that in themselves so badly they kept me around to feel better about themselves. They too are good and want to be good so they like myself improve who they are through the goodness of others.
Now i am not saying i am perfect or never hurt anyone’s feelings, as to do so would be a lie, but for the majority of the time i am kind, always want to give and all i ever asked for in return was some love. Some sort of emotion that reassures me that i am worth of every breath i take on this earth and am not some sort of ‘waste of space’ i always thought of myself as.
To be a witch… To be a witch to me makes me cry. Not in a sad way, but in a proud and happy way. I am the foundation of what i can and shall be. I keep saying to myself, “why do you stay”? Well i have come to realise is because i can see past the bad and see the good in others. I should not keep seeing this as my weakness or as a curse, but rather see it as a blessing and my little part in trying to make the world a better place no matter how small or insignificant it may be…
I guess me rambling on is me saying to myself that you are good, you are worth it! And i truly am and from today do believe so. So why do i stay in my current circumstances? I am not forced, i could easily get up walk out the door and never look back, but i stay because i want to. Because although i get unsatisfied rumbles from my other household members since i am such a bright morning person :laughing:, i can not only influence myself but why not influence others for the good. Share a little of my own sunshine for those that need it… Be a role model to my children on what people can be like. Be a role model for my husband, and even more so be a role model for myself…
A witch to me is to be strong, independent, accepting, diverse, forgiving, weird (in a good way), different and above all unique. I do not have to follow society or even my own community group because what they say is right or wrong goes, no! It is all about me knowing deep in my heart, in my intuition that even giving that dollar to the poor if that’s all i can do today will make a difference. That sending good intentions into the world has somehow altered the negativity in the world.
I am not a very organised witch and i don’t want to be one even though that is all i have been trying to do. I want to be messy. Have herbs left over scattered everywhere from my last spell, have a missed day here and there as i ‘wasn’t in the right head space’ to do meditation or a tarot reading. I am no lesser witch for not doing so and who knows, maybe just being thankful for the sun rising and setting each day and the moon also doing so, the fresh wind that goes right through to my soul as i take a daily walk, the sound of the trees and animals and even just the weight of my own body is a sign for me to be grateful for what i got and who i am.
I am a witch… imperfect, messy, silly, loving, kind, hardheaded, make mistakes, looks like a train crash, also can look beautiful. I choose this way and it chooses me… My birth was not a mistake as i had been telling myself, no! I have been put here just as everyone else for a reason. No individual regardless their actions deserves to be here more than another even if this means someone has committed a crime or is a saint. We are all human and for some we are also witches.
So i am confirming today that to be a witch is to be me as i am and embrace all the parts of me :blush: I invite you to do so as well :heart:

10 Likes

Well said @TheMuslimWitch from one bright morning, messy witch to another!

6 Likes

Thank you hun… sorry for long post… just suddenly became so enlighten as if I have just seen myself for the first time :blush:

6 Likes

It’s awesome and I enjoyed it!

6 Likes

Beautifully said, @TheMuslimWitch! :heart:

This was a really lovely reflection on who you are and how your identity as a witch is interwoven into your life- while reading this, I could see bits of myself reflected in some of what you’ve said. No one- witch or otherwise- is perfect (in fact, I’d say that being perfect would be a flaw in and of itself- it’s a paradox) and that’s a wonderful thing, it’s our fun quirks and uniqueness that make life interesting and enjoyable :blush:

Lots of love to you! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

You, my dear, are absolutely worth the space you take up and the air you breath :heart: don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

Absolutely! I love this about witchcraft and paganism, too. I have full control over my life and my path. I am guided by my Gods, guides, and ancestors. The more I don’t let the ideas, thoughts, and opinions of others bother me the better off I am :heart:

I’m glad you see how bright your light is :sunflower: I don’t want anyone to ever dim that for you. You have such a kind heart and the people around you should never take that for granted :pray:

So mote it be! :sparkles: :pray: I agree with this fully!

5 Likes

Thank you hun. It can be hard to not let others dim one’s light down, but since my personality is just so bright as most things are about me (sometimes blinding lol), i honestly can’t even help that i am so happy and bubbly and feel so out of place when i am not as if i have a condition. So sadness to me is like the key to illness :blush:

4 Likes

Awww that is nice. Love the part about how you see yourself in what i said. As you expressed, being perfect is a flaw in itself so why not accept and even embrace our weaknesses. Take this little example, i am terrified from bees since i was stung so much as a kid i even sat on one when swimming once, and to embrace that no the bee population is not out to get me and i should face this fear, i dedicated my little car to bees and their hard work and the happiness they bring us. Because lets be real, i love their honey and i can’t love what they produce and not love them lol :blush:

5 Likes

It takes a huge amount of strength to be able to look beyond pain and see the situation clearly, and even more strength and a very open mind and heart to move past the pain towards love. You are amazing, @TheMuslimWitch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers to that! :raised_hands: :honey_pot: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.