Used a real butterfly is it wrong?

Hi everyone, so i found a butterfly :butterfly: lying on the footpath where i walk everyday, and unfortunately it was not longer alive and quite crumbled as well where one of the four wing parts were missing. I took it home and decided it would look beautiful as a keychain, but now i am feeling 50/50 about my decision as i wonder if it was better off buried or left to decompose in a bush somewhere… :neutral_face: It has been done so nothing i can do now, but does anyone else use these little ‘gifts from nature’ to make anything?

13 Likes

In my opinion, making that little butterfly into a keychain is honoring that butterfly. I see nothing wrong in what you have done. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

11 Likes

I completely agree with @Mystique… you were gentle with the little butterfly body and saw beauty in it that you wanted to preserve, nothing bad about that :butterfly: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Just here to repeat what @Mystique and @CelestiaMoon have said. You’re all good. :smile:

11 Likes

@Mystique @CelestiaMoon @starborn thanks guys i mean the butterfly was so beautiful and unfortunately it was falling apart even just sitting in my hands so i made sure it would be preserved rather than get run over with bikes on the trail…

11 Likes

Hi Khadija, it’s been a long time :slightly_smiling_face:
The butterfly has been a cacoon, caterpillar, and then a magestic butterfly,
its circle of life has been fulfilled. Now it’s a gift from the universe. Have no regrets.
Bless you
Garnet

10 Likes

Beautifully said and correct aswell as @Mystique @CelestiaMoon @starborn! Gaia leaves us hidden treasures for us to discover, interpret and honor as we see fit.
:people_hugging::blue_heart::butterfly::green_heart::earth_americas::herb::raised_hands:t4:

10 Likes

Hey how have you been hun long time been thinking of you hope all is well… :blush: :heart:Your kind words reassure me that all is fine… I definitely appreciate the butterfly’s beauty. Its a shame however that it was so banged up as a result of people not seeing it on the ground and either treading on it or riding over it with their bike :butterfly: :people_hugging:

8 Likes