Validation

I had a thought this morning. Yeah, I know, dangerous. But it was about this time over three years ago that I really started looking into making more of my magic. That path led me here and I’m glad to have found this place.

But I realized what I was looking for. Validation.

I wanted someone to say that I was doing it right, that I wasn’t making a mistake. I got that here at Infinite Roots and I thank the Goddess every day for bringing me here.

But someone else may need to hear that too.

If you do need to hear it, you’re doing it right. Cast a circle from a chair because you can’t move around? That’s good. Substitute rosemary for mugwort? That’s good too.

Meditate for only five minutes because your brain is like a squirrel on crack. That’s good!

It’s good because we are all individuals and everyone’s practice is going to look different. Wouldn’t it be boring if everyone did the same thing?

Plus it’s called a practice for a reason. You’re never going to get it perfect.

Burp in the middle of your invocation? Hail whatever trickster deity you like and move on. It’s all good!

21 Likes

Gosh! That’s sooo sweet of you Amethyst! :face_holding_back_tears: :sob: I can’t tell you how much I needed to hear these statements my dear! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You are soo loving and caring my friend…I too am blessed to be a part of this lovely coven where such beautiful souls stay bonded with love & magic! :sparkling_heart: :sparkles: And…I do NOT need any validation anymore, specially after reading this! :smiling_face: :innocent:
Thank you, you purple beauty! :purple_heart: :heart:

11 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! I figure even the most confident people need to hear this from time to time.

11 Likes

Oh dear, this has been my life, looking for validation and fawning and trying to please and be perfect, doing anything to avoid that bitter rejection that must be coming any time soon… still catch myself slipping into it from time to time.

My path looked a little different there, with witchcraft I always had a feeling that I’m allowed to make mistakes and alterations to my spells, that it’s the intention that counts, and the deities don’t mind if we look like clowns from time to time, they might even get a good giggle out of it.

My validation seeking often takes the form of “look how much I know”, or “look how hard I’ve worked on this”. I know I know a lot, and I love to share it, but sometimes I can feel the motivation of sharing it shift into the form of “please like me, see, I can be useful”. Add to it that it can cause the complete opposite reaction in some people, highlighting their own insecurities about how much they know about something (or how much effort they’re putting in), and how much they feel they should. But the acceptance was never about knowing, and that was a hard lesson to learn for me. It’s about being open and accepting myself, offering my heart instead of my head.

Good topic, and I love the way you write @Amethyst, it always makes me smile! :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you @CelestiaMoon! It’s difficult to find encouragement in a vacuum so that’s why I think groups like this are so important. You’ve got lots of great knowledge to share, but I’m glad you’re finding a way to accept yourself.

9 Likes

Oh yes, it took some time to relax even here, but now I’m feeling right at home, loved and welcomed just as I am, no need to prove anything but happy to share :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Well, I for one, think that what you share is lovely! And I appreciate you!

8 Likes

Awww, I appreciate you and all your lovely contributions too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Amethyst, do you know how much I love and appreciate you? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If you don’t, well now you do!

7 Likes

Love you too Megan :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

And I love you, too! :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you both! It means a lot to me!

8 Likes

I must have gone back and forth between four or five quotes selected to highlight before I finally chose this one- gosh, Amethyst! This entire post went right into the feels :hearts: :face_holding_back_tears:

You’re absolutely right, everyone could use a little boost up now and again- definitely those just finding their foot at the start of their magickal journey, and I think everyone at all stages benefits from a little validation and a pat on the back from time to time. We all have those moments when we feel lost or unsure (or at least I certainly do!) so knowing there’s a big, friendly group of people out there willing to help support you means the world.

I think I needed to see this message today- thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and share it! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :people_hugging:

8 Likes

You’re welcome, my love! Even super-mods need validation sometimes. You’re doing a great job! Love you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:

7 Likes

Amethyst!
And you wonder why I dubbed you my Crystal Princess!
Garnet

8 Likes

Aww, thank you, sweetie! If I’m the Princess you must be the Crystal Queen!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for that Amethyst! I definitely needed that. I often feel like, for lack of better words, a fraud. I don’t do all that I should, some days I do nothing. And I most of the time I don’t know if what I’m doing is right or just pointless
My life is so crazy and lacking a schedule that I can’t manage to do much of anything most days.
There must be a prayer for that

Showing my age and working off the old commercial “There’s an app for that” :laughing:

8 Likes

I was seeking validation too, for sure. I had dabbled some a few years ago, but that was with the help of a witch friend of mine. I always had the interest but there was always someone around looking down on it or me and I only pursued in private. Now, I’m “free” to do and feel and act and learn as I want to, and it feels great to have a safe place with like-minded individuals where I can learn and share after only being “in the closet”!!! I have added books to my library, an altar that is my kind of DIY, and shared with new friends! deep sigh It feels good to be “home”!

8 Likes

Awwww Amethyst!!! You’re too kind- thank you so much! Love you too! :heart::hugs::sparkles:

6 Likes

@Nixi I kinda think the magic we do in busy moments when we have the chance works better because you’re putting your all into it to help you in troubled times. That’s how it’s been for me at least. Like doing an English paper at the last minute. LOL!

I do hope things slow down a little for you at least.

We’re glad to have you here at home! LOL! The more the merrier.

8 Likes