Vanilla Extract, or bean, or oil

My latest post for the Potion Challenge got me wondering if anyone uses Vanilla extract(specifically) in their craft?

If so, would you mind sharing whatever you would like in regards to its magical properties, perhaps what kind of spells you add it to, etc… ?

I’ve tried digging into the web but can’t seem to find solid information about it in regards to witchcraft or herbalism.

4 Likes

I did see a few potion recipes that did call for it in my searches

5 Likes

This is my Top Secret (not so secret) Vanilla info I’ve collected from various sources for the herbyspicy section of my Grimoire Vanilla.pdf (50.1 KB) use it well :joy: :heart:
I use all types of vanilla interchangeably - beans/pods can be very expensive so I’ve only used one once so far in a spell jar. I add vanilla extract/syrup to my morning potion and in kitchen witchery, and regularly burn vanilla incense/light vanilla candles when meditating. I also have a vanilla - based perfume I like to wear occasionally.

4 Likes

A good title for finding out uses and correspondences is: Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences :open_book:

Here’s what it says on the Vanilla entry:

Vanilla

• Zodiac: Libra, Scorpio, Taurus

• Solar System: Venus

• Element: Water

• Energy: Yin

• Chakra: Root

• Issues, Intentions & Powers: Attraction, balance (emotional), calm, comfort, community, concentration/focus, desire, energy, happiness, the home, improvement, inspiration, love (attract), luck (attract), lust, magic (general, sex), marriage, the mind, moods, passion, peace, power (magical, mental), sexuality, strength, stress, success.

I hope that helps!

3 Likes

Ooh I would looooove this book :star_struck:
One to put on the list! :joy:

4 Likes

Ooh I’d love to get my hands on that book too! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes