Walter Mercado's stuff

Today I went to Plaza Las Americas Mall in San Juan, there’s a bookstore in the third level, main section of the mall. In this book store I have a awesome friend, she’s a hereditary witch from Canada, and the one in charge of all books of the occult. Sadly because of the transportation problem in the island, they’re short on books and witchy tools. So I went to a Antique Shop in the second floor; is from this Antique shop where I bought my Bastet Goddess image I have on my alter. Surprisingly I found out that the lady is Walter’s niece, and they have stuff of him to sell. Sadly all tarot cards went off quickly, but she has even capes and jewelry and things from his house, incredible.
So I picked a brass statue that caught my eye of Lord Hanuman, also a book; in which I knew of it, but never saw it of G.B. Gardner: The Meaning of Witchcraft, a June 1971 impression. With a certificate of authenticity that it belonged to the deceased and famous astrologer in Latin America, and other places Walter Mercado.

14 Likes

Congratulations on your wonderful finds. I hope you enjoy them

5 Likes

Oh yes, they have wonderful things. From the statue, they have other ones, from this and of Manjushri. Sense I have a Manjushri Gao prayer box from Tibet, the Lord Hanuman really caught my attention.

5 Likes

Was awesome you found them

5 Likes

From G.B.Gardner book, I saw on the internet different types of cover art, depending of the year made. The original is from the 1950’s. Definitely I prefer with the Baphomet cover. First time I see one of this copies, and now to owned one. The statue was expensive, because of its material. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Super cool - what a find! :smiley:

4 Likes

They are quite the find for your collection!!! That’s really cool!!

3 Likes

This is massively Cool! Finding little shops that have the tools and gear you need is a great thing - I prefer supporting such businesses to faceless, internet, mass production - but to discover treasures and vintage books is thrilling! I get a lift just from hearing about it!

3 Likes

WOW. You’ve made a great find!

1 Like

RIP Walter Mercado :dove: He was a true cultural icon. Congratulations, Pedro on your findings!!

There is a Netflix movie about him for those who want to learn more about him. I haven’t watched it yet but it was recommended to me and it seems to be really good:

3 Likes