Ways To Be A Garbage Witch

an eclectic’s grimoire | thenorthwestwitch (tumblr.com)

• Save and use apple seeds, orange seeds, peach pits, cherry pits, etc. to use in your spells.
  • Make a spirit board/pendulum board out of an empty cardboard box.
  • Make drawstring pouches out of old clothes.
  • Use bag strings for binding magic or use them in small drawstring bags.
  • Shoelaces and drawstrings from old pajamas or sweatpants are fine for knot magic or turning into drawstrings for pouches.
  • Save glass jars for spell jars.
  • Study carrion animals, animals that eat garbage, fungus, and the process of decomposition in general. Learn about the importance of biodiversity, and the hazards of oversterilization.
  • But also study proper sanitation methods, and be aware of biohazards. Don’t go living in a house fulla mold or fish through people’s garbage for… uhhh… ummm… taglocks. Don’t store chicken bones so they’ll rot.
  • If you have a compost bin, write anything you want to “decompose” out of your life on a banana peel. Put the banana peel in the bin.
  • Learn how to repair broken stuff. (But also learn what you really shouldn’t repair for yourself - EG, microwaves - lest you meet with a horrible fate.)
  • Make charms/talismans by cutting out pictures of things that correspond with your intent and decoupaging them onto wood, chipboard, or layered cardboard.
  • Make paper mache diety art/statues out of newspaper.
  • Learn more about crafting with scraps, packaging materials, old magazines, etc. (There’s many videos on YouTube!)
    an eclectic’s grimoire | thenorthwestwitch (tumblr.com)
16 Likes

Knew some, learned more. Thank you

8 Likes

Love this thanks for posting it :blush: Always good to reuse, reduce and recycle as we say here in Australia

10 Likes

I love love love the idea of Up cycling things!!! I like to say I’m a collector of finer items, but I just can’t seem to part with any thing that still has a use to it!!! And I use just about everything I save or find!!!

6 Likes

@AIRAM
Thank you for all the great ideas!
Love :pink_heart: always

5 Likes

These are all great ideas! :clap: I don’t know if I’ve ever heard the term “garbage witch”, but I kinda like it!

5 Likes

Definitely learned some new things. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

I have to say when I saw “Garbage Witch” I was really intrigued! I either knew or do some of these things already so that was a delight too! Thank you for sharing! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I am definitely trying this! I love this idea :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This is basically a vision board! I don’t have one right now, but we did have a post here a while back where @BryWisteria made a vision board template. I think I might have to do one for this Full Moon!

Witchy Vision Board (the post is closed, but the template is still up there!)

5 Likes

Fantastic ways to reuse and recycle! I would have never thought about these two:
Make charms/talismans by cutting out pictures of things that correspond with your intent and decoupaging them onto wood, chipboard, or layered cardboard.
Make drawstring pouches out of old clothes.

Thanks so much for sharing!

6 Likes

Did not see first time I read. Great idea

5 Likes