Weekly Witch Challenge (Catch - Up IV, Wizardry of Words), A Poem Named Babaylan

Hello, welcome to all and in response to this week’s challenge, I ended up writing a poem after realizing that the first one I entered in response was mistaken and moved it to a different topic genre, this Poem’s title is “Babaylan” and it does contain information I learned about them from research and certain experiences. It may not be all information about the Babaylans though, most of the information about them is almost as if one’s studying how to rule a country under a monarchy’s reign as a royal member of a family when one accepts and enters it’s calling with the never seemingly endless study about how to become one. Again, thank you to all and I apologize for any potential confusion the last post I posted hours ago has given to anyone reading the forum

Blessed Be and Enjoy,
Margaret

Babaylan
By: Margaret

A sage, guide and seer
One full of wisdom
Yet isn’t superior

The hidden fighter
Among current civilization
This age’s warrior

Is also a healer
Cures every ailment
Inner or outer

A greatly beloved honor
To the priestess calling
For the lost voyager

Equal to a ruler
Endearing to all
Never an oppressor

Gives justice to the lower
Discerns every spirits
Unconditionally loves another

Always a guider and seer
Embodiment of duty
To every dweller

This week’s challenge reference: ⏲ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up! - #11 by Amethyst

9 Likes

Beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you and you’re welcome @christina4 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

I love this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: very nice

5 Likes

Beautiful poem, @anne2! :clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your words paint a beautiful picture of someone who is a healer, defender, and mighty sage all in one. Thanks so much for sharing- this is a lovely entry to this week’s challenge!

4 Likes

Thank you @NickWick and @BryWisteria , I still have to work on myself then on others after dealing with my own set of troubles, It’s not the easiest task then again the core is about loving others and yourself unconditionally now from how I see it to be now in it’s raw form

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing & it’s a great entry for the Catch Up Challenge!

4 Likes

Once again you’re all welcome, I do have fun in writing poems specially cause it’s freestyle mostly after figuring out which theme to use, I’m glad I didn’t lose my touch after days of Finals work @Susurrus

5 Likes