⏲ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Merry meet to all!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Astrology: Reading the Skies :milky_way:

With the stars lighting our way, it’s time for second chances as the challenge clock comes to brief stop :timer_clock:

The theme for this week is…

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :timer_clock:

To celebrate our 45th Weekly Challenge something special is happening…

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forums? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Are you ready? It’s a blast from the past!

Here’s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are over 40 previous challenges to choose from.

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. For details about each challenge including rules, guidelines and inspiration click the link to visit that challenge page.

Note that the threads for the old challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:timer_clock: Catch-Up IV [this challenge!]
:milky_way: Astrology: Reading the Skies - Astrologer
:white_heart: Into the Light - Witch of Love and Light
:black_heart: From the Shadows - Shadow Survivor
:confetti_ball: Congrats to the Coven - Coven Celebrant
:place_of_worship: All About Altars - Reverent Witch
:toolbox: Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary - Apothecarist
:writing_hand: The Wizardry of Words - Word Witch
:paw_prints: Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales - Animalis magum
:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch
:running_woman: Catch-Up III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - Ceiliúradh an tséasúir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch Up II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[Links taken from the helpful list in Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History ]

How many challenges can I do this week?

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week, you may decide to do up to two challenges to collect those titles.

This limit is just to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) - but no worries! Another chance to join in on any missed challenges will come again soon :+1:

Not sure which challenges you participated in?

No worries! If you can’t remember if you joined a challenge, you can check that challenge’s Props and Presents page in the Activities Category to view everyone those who completed the challenge.

Or, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select “Summary”.
  3. Next, click on “Badges”

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below
  • :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. Please use a hyperlink back to this thread, linking your entry to the challenge!
  • :no_entry_sign: Please do not post your entry in the comments of the old challenge or an entry to that challenge

Also: please don’t forget to include the name of the challenge you are entering in somewhere in your post as well!

Your friendly challenge-monitoring mod thanks you very much! :hugs:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, June 1st at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-06-01T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the badge(s) associated with the challenge(s) they completed.! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and don’t be afraid to delve into a previously unexplored of magick!

Blessed be! :timer_clock: :heart:

14 Likes

Picked mine :grin: master of the elements badge here I come :heart: I love this catch up challenge, what an awesome idea thank you :heart:

10 Likes

The only thing I don’t like about these catch ups is figuring out which ones I don’t have. I was doing 2 catch ups at a time, so I know that there aren’t many I don’t have. I will spend time looking into which ones I’m missing.

I love seeing what everyone chooses to catch up on because different challenges get done in the same week. I will have to go through my badges this morning & get back to you!

Thank you so much! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit: I am going to try 2 of the past ones. Of Spells & Strings & Trying Something New. I can’t wait to get started on them!

8 Likes

I missed the string challenge too. I might do that.

9 Likes

Oh yay! I have a challenge buddy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Huh. I’m all caught up! Yayness!

10 Likes

Oh great job @Amethyst! You get a week off! I only have a few that I have to catch up on. I decided I am going to do @SilverBear’s knot magic & then for the other one I am going to do a crystal grid. I have never actually done one before & I like working with crystals.

9 Likes

Ooh what a fantastic idea. I’ll have a scroll through tonight when I get home and pick a couple :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

When you get caught up you can have a week off too! Good luck with your knots!

7 Likes

Thank you! I believe after these 2 I only have 1 or 2 that I need to do. I was doing 2 at a time for the other catch ups, but I don’t remember having that many that I missed. It’s nice to go through the badges that I do have to see what I have to choose from though. I have a bunch! Some multiple times! I still can’t seem to choose one other than the “Empathetic” for myself. I still feel really connected to this badge.

6 Likes

I get what you mean, I love the Word Witch myself. Too bad we can’t cycle through them or something. LOL.

6 Likes

Oh, that would be great too! I know with some of the badges you can get them more than once. I have some that I received multiples of them. I wish we could see the other badges that we can earn! The ones that aren’t related to a challenge but that you get for doing different things within the coven/forum.

7 Likes

Go into your notifications and click on the latest badge you received. If you click on “badges” in blue at the top of the page it will bring up the whole list of standard badges and show which ones you’ve already earned and which you haven’t.

6 Likes

Given that it’s the full moon tonight, I’m definitely going to do :full_moon_with_face: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon or :full_moon: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Moon Magick!.

I’m also thinking about doing :skull: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- The Veil Between Worlds

9 Likes

Thank you @IrisW, I know how to find them. I just have a lot so I have to open 2 windows when I am going through the list of Challenges & the list of which badges I have.

Those are great challenges to catch up on this week! I remember the Veil Between Worlds, that was a good one to do & with the full moon & eclipse tonight, the Veil will be thinner than it usually is, Great Choice!

I hope you have a great day!

6 Likes

Ooooh, my first challenge! I’m so excited! But… WOW, there are so many intriguing options.

11 Likes

Oh yes! The full moon one is a good one because we have the full moon tonight. I would choose based on what you may interested learning more about or that goes with your practice. They are all really fun to do & you can learn a lot from them. Click on the challenge & peek at what others have already done for it if you need some inspiration or ideas! I hope you enjoy them!

5 Likes

I wish I could do them all, but one week isn’t enough (and I don’t need to overwhelm myself and @BryWisteria). :sweat_smile:
Anyway, I’ve decided to do the Dream Magick and Potion Making challenge.
I tend to have some…interesting dreams. Some can be explained (i.e., something from a movie, a TV show I watched or book I read that day), some can’t. I’d like to explore what these unexplainable dreams could mean.
For the Potion Making Challenge, I’m gonna for a walk in the woods and see if I can find enough dandelions to make some flower tea. I found a recipe online for making your own. It’s supposed to cool down briefly this weekend, so this would be a great time for some hot tea again.

10 Likes

Of Spells & Strings Challenge Entry

I used @SilverBear’s Knot Spell for this challenge.
I started by doing some mindful breathing & meditation on the issue I am having. I then took about 12 inches of twine & held one side in each hand. I focused on the issue & tied knots to bind & hold the issue & its facets in place while I tied each knot.

I brought the knotted twine to my fire pit & let it burn there sending my issues into the wind to be taken care of by the Universe.

I feel a lot better about the issue & now I can say that I have done everything I can towards resolving it. Now it’s just waiting for a phone call at the beginning of the week & following through. I can do both! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I’ll be starting tonight with the
:full_moon_with_face: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon.

I’ve prepped my altar for the for the Flower Moon Spell. I don’t have two red candles in my collection (really need to get some more candles), so I’ve got crafty and cut one down into two. which I’m hoping will be ok.

As part of the spell I’ll be thinking about what I want to do differently this month, what makes me healthy and strong, how I’m treating my body and how much I believe in myself and why.

I’m also planning to do tonight’s moon spell for the moon in Sagittarius, with some sage incense and charging my Agate and Aventurine crystals.

I’d love to do something for the lunar eclipse but it’s not visible here, and we’re pretty clouded over anyway. I’ll be using my Sky Map app to locate the moon :full_moon:

10 Likes