🎨 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magick in the Arts

A very merry meet to all!

Thank you once again the brilliant folks who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Star Magick :star2:

After channeling the dazzling magick of the stars, it’s time to let our own natural talents shine brightly :sparkles:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:art: :scroll: Magick in the Arts :microphone: :framed_picture:

With both the Sun :sun_with_face: and the New Moon :new_moon: currently in intuitive and thoughtful Pisces :pisces: , now is the prime time to let our creativity loose:

Magick is manifestation- and there are so many ways to channel our energies and express our spellwork through the arts!

This challenge is all about exploring and using art magick.

Are you ready? It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

[Picture from Mehta: The Essence of Life: Art]

STEP 1 : Artful Magick :rainbow:

Art is as broadly defined as creativity itself- any form of self-expression can be categorized as art!

So for this challenge, feel free to pursue your favorite crafty calling or explore a new form of self-expression. The sky is the limit and possibilities are endless :sparkles:

Since a blank canvas can be intimidating, here are few suggestions you may consider:

:art: Painting and Drawing

Talented drawers and painters are welcome to let their skills shine! Feel free to paint in honor of a deity, symbol, the earth, or any other aspect of your practice that calls to you.

→ You can find inspiration in the thread Art Witch :art:

For anyone who wants to pick up a brush but is feeling less confident, consider expressing your magick in abstract ways. Cocobee has some wonderfully meditative and stress-free videos on abstract painting:

:writing_hand: Writing and Poetry

Perhaps the magick of words and language is calling your name. Consider writing poetry such as @Amethyst’s fantastic Tarot Haikus or perhaps try to capture words by writing your own spell or ritual :scroll:

→ My Spellwriting Process and Can You Write a Spell for Me? are helpful guides to writing your own spells!

:microphone: Music and Prayer

Explore witchy songs and find inspiration in the power of music and prayer! :musical_note:

→ The thread Witchy Music- What’s Your Favorite? is a great place to find new magickal tunes.

→ Magick in Music has additional ways to incorporate magick in your practice

You may also enjoy the purifying sound of meditative music in your practice, such as the cleansing videos of WOKE NATION.

When it comes to powerful prayers, visit the Spells8 YouTube Channel for some beautiful Devotional Prayers that you can listen to (or read long with!) :speaking_head:

:sparkles: Increase Creativity

If you feel the pull of expression but don’t know where or how to begin- considering working some magick to boost your creativity!

→ Spell for Creativity may help spark your creative juices

→ The stones Carnelian and Orange Kyanite have both creative-enhancing and motivation-boosting properties :gem:

:raised_hands: …And More!

In such a rich and colorful world, the possibilities for magically artful expression are truly endless!

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please share:

• Your experience exploring/expressing your magickal practice through the arts

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-03-16T06:00:00Z CET (Central European Time Zone)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

[From QuoteFancy]

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

As ways to brighten up the world and help us express our inner will, magick and art go hand-in-hand. Remember: it’s not the result that matters- but rather the experience of using hand and heart to fill the canvas of your life with color and joy.

Let your heart be free- allow your colorful and vibrant magick to paint your world in exciting new ways!

Blessed be! :art::sparkles:

18 Likes

Right up my alley! I’ve been doing so much lately it’s almost hard for me to keep up with myself. I feel so good doing my arts and crafts though. It’s my time to get “zenned” out and fade away for a bit.

9 Likes

Hmm, I really need to think about this one. I haven’t had the time to do anything. I knoelw I’ll come up with something

10 Likes

Oh this one will be fun! I have some new crafts & molds to use! I think I’ll do a phases of the moon dish! That seems appropriate for the New Moon! Thank you for this one @BryWisteria

9 Likes

Looks like it’s time to create another sigil painting!

9 Likes

WHOOT! Sounds like fun! The only problem is what to write about. LOL.

8 Likes

Oh this is perfect, I am crafting a Scrying Mirror as of yesterday, will that be appropriate for this challenge?
I might refresh some of my sigils I have around the house.

9 Likes

I’m going to like this one, I can’t sing or play an instrument but I like to write and create things. Which is best? Do we post our work on this thread or start a new one?

8 Likes

This is gonna be my favorite challenge yet! Time to do the first drawing I’ve done in a few months! And I know just what to draw too! :writing_hand:

10 Likes

@Rowan I think that would be perfect!

@Saulamay you can do either, start a post & link it to this thread or post in this thread. Personally, I post it to this thread, but I know others like to start their own thread & link it to this one because sometimes the entries can be longer than a normal “reply” post. It’s really whatever you are comfortable with when you are ready.

@Kasandra I can’t wait to see what you come up with for this one!

@Amethyst… I know you will come up with something great.

I am going to make some resin crafts, I have a few options & found resin that once it’s cured is safe for indirect & direct contact with foods & such. I have a new quartz crystal that I can learn to wrap… oh boy… decisions, decisions.

10 Likes

Thanks @Susurrus , I’m sure whatever you craft will be beautiful, can’t wait to see it!

7 Likes

Thanks love! I have a couple of ideas, I just have to figure out what to write about.

6 Likes

Name Game – Spells Eight

When I was younger I used to write a lot of poetry and one of the ways I would do it is by taking someone’s name and use the letters as the first word of each line. The poem would contain information about the person (or thing) so it was related to what you are writing about. So here we go…

Stumbled upon this glowing site one night
Placed a lit candle, flame burning so bright
Energized my spirit to help the Magick flow
Listened to the words that I once did not know
Looked for the likeness of those all around
Set my intentions, my feet firm on the ground
Empowered by the Goddess I charged all the quarters
I cast my first circle and I called out my orders
Goddess Beloved it’s your blessings I seek
Help lift the veil, provide a small peek, and
Teach all your children with words that you speak

Blessed be.

9 Likes

This is so apt as I just had a reading where the magician card came up over and over again. What I’ve done is crafted miniature altars that a person can take with them. I’ll upload a photo and give some suggestions as to how I created some of the items!
Blessed be

7 Likes

@Saulamay That is awesome! You did a wonderful job! I like the background information, I would do similar things when I would write poetry. I made them like games to come up with different ways to write them. I love it, great job. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@AliceInWonderdab I can’t wait to see the pictures! I love things that are smaller versions of items!

7 Likes

Wait till you see the tiny shell and feather with the smallest pinch of sage made it’s beyond adorable

7 Likes

@Susurrus I would also do timed poetry where a friend would call when they were coming over, give me a word, and I would have until they got to my house to write something about the word. It had to be eight lines minimum

8 Likes

@AliceInWonderdab That sounds really cool.

8 Likes

Wonderful Poem! I think I’ll bookmark and save for my BOS, if that’s alright with you??

7 Likes

@Saulamay That’s so good!! :clap: :clap: At first I almost didn’t catch it! (although you did mentioned how the poem works) :laughing:

I’ll give it a try:

Sing a song of Saulamay
A Witch whose rhymes convey
Unique messages of spirit
Leaving us repeating lyrics
And wanting to write as well.
My poem I shall improvise
And share it with Saulamay
Yippee yippee, yay yay!

11 Likes