🕔 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Liminal Magick :globe_with_meridians:

This week marks another exciting milestone- it is the 110th witchy challenge here in the forum- wow! :star_struck: As with every ten challenges, the challenge clock has come to a brief halt and challenges of all shapes, sizes, and sorts are open once again :alarm_clock:

Spells8 Weekly Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :timer_clock:

To celebrate the 110th Weekly Challenge something special is happening…

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forum? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for. Well- now is your chance!

This week is a Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

So are you ready? It’s a blast from the past!

On your mark, get set:

CHALLENGE TIME! :bell:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are 100 previous challenge themes to choose from (not including the Catch-Up challenges).

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. For details about each challenge including guidelines and inspiration click the link to visit that challenge page.

Note that the old discussions for past challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:clock5: Catch-Up X [this challenge!]
:globe_with_meridians: Liminal Magick – Liminal Witch
:game_die: Divining Differently – Divination Explorer
:speaking_head: Multilingual Magick – Polyglot Practicioner
:mending_heart: Wholesome Healers – Healer
:moneybag: Money Magick – Prosperous Witch
:sunglasses: Casual Casting – Casual Caster
:heart_hands: HandCrafting – Handy Witch
:railway_track: A Journey of Change – Doctrina et crescente
:mountain_snow: Mountain Magick: Land Beneath Our Feet – Mountain Witch
:100: Catch-Up IX : The Hundredth Challenge
:sun: Solstice: Festivities of Light – Solstice Celebrant
:shell: Ocean Magick – Sea Witch
:people_hugging: As Above, So Below – One Who Is Connected
:nose: Smells Like Magick – Osmic Occultist
:person_in_lotus_position: Meditation Magick – Magickal Meditator
:hibiscus: Blooming with the Moon - Virent anima
:unicorn: The Bestiary - Cryptozoologist
:couch_and_lamp: Let a Witch Unwind! – Caster of Calm
:hotsprings: Energy Work – Energy Channeler
:clock4: Catch-Up VIII
:diya_lamp: Candle Magick: Light 'Em Up! – Holder of Light
:tornado: Chaos Magick – Master of Chaos
:magic_wand: Tools of the Witch Trade – Well-Equipped Witch
:sunflower: Flower Power – Athrophile Witch
:tea: Teas & Infusions – Tea Witch
:teacher: Teachers of Magick – Student of Magick
:pentagram: Symbols & Sigils – Wielder of Symbols
:broom: Everyday Magick – Carpe diem
:heart: Love Magick – Lovely Witch
:clock3: Catch-Up VII
:tiger: Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese New Year – Favored by Fortune
:performing_arts: Your Magickal Muse – Beloved by the Muses
:deciduous_tree: Sacred Trees and Wood – Custos Arborum
:open_hands: Making Magickal Offerings – Blessed Bestower
:door: Passage Into the New Year – Trailblazer
:blush: The Magick of Happiness – Beholder of Happiness
:sun_with_face: Solar Magick – Solar Mage
:busts_in_silhouette: Freedom in Forgiveness – Magnanimous
:crossed_swords: Dual Wielding Opposite Forces – Unus qui est libratum
:clock2: Catch-Up VI
:sparkler: Spell Swap Meet – Coven Contributor
:angel: Working With Higher Powers - In manibus numinum
:candy: Trick-or-Treat! - Sweet 'n Spooky
:purse: Making Objects Magickal – Enchanter
:sparkles: A Magickal Blessing – Blessed One
:mag_right: Peering into Past Lives – Witch of the Ages
:books: History of Magick – History’s Heir
:shield: Powerful Protection – Powerful Protector
:dancer: The Magick of Music – Bard Witch
:clock1: Catch-Up V
:map: Magick on the Go – Wandering Witch
:handshake: One Witch to Another – Keeper of Knowledge
:salt: Salty Spellwork – Imperium salis
:cyclone: Reading Auras – Aura Reader
:black_cat: Cat Magick – Amicus felium
:yum: Wickedly Delicious – Connoisseur Witch
:bride_with_veil: Deities of the Moon – Blessed by the Moon
:rose: Beauty Magick – Pulchra magicae
:flower_playing_cards: A Touch of Tarot – Tarot Reader
:trophy: The Challenger [50th Challenge] – Challenge Champion
:dragon_face: Dragon Magick – Blessed by Dragons
:prayer_beads: A Healthy Dose of Crystals – Crystal Healer
:notes: Enchanting Chants – Chant Witch
:rainbow: The Many Colors of Magick – Colorful Witch
:timer_clock: Catch-Up IV
:milky_way: Astrology: Reading the Skies - Astrologer
:white_heart: Into the Light - Witch of Love and Light
:black_heart: From the Shadows - Shadow Survivor
:confetti_ball: Congrats to the Coven - Coven Celebrant
:place_of_worship: All About Altars - Reverent Witch
:toolbox: Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary - Apothecarist
:writing_hand: The Wizardry of Words - Word Witch
:paw_prints: Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales - Animalis magum
:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch
:running_woman: Catch-Up III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - Ceiliúradh an tséasúir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch Up II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[You can view the full list of challenges at any time by visiting: Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History ]

How many challenges can I do this week? :thinking:

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week and want to do more than just the usual one challenge, you can do:

Up to TWO CHALLENGES

This limit exists to encourage mindfulness on each challenge- please remember that, although some challenges have similar themes, every challenge requires its own unique entry in order to receive the corresponding badge :medal_sports:

But I want to earn all the badges!

That is awesome- I am so happy that you enjoy the badges so much! :blush:

At the end of the day, badges are just a small token- the challenges are really here to help you improve and enhance your magickal practice. So please try to take your time with your exploration of the theme(s) you choose- they are here for you! :sparkles:

On another note, the limit also exists to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) for all the various challenges at once.

But for challenge enthusiasts and badge collectors- no worries! Another chance to join in on any additional missed challenges will come again soon. Expect another Catch-Up Challenge and catch to earn old badges every ten challenges :+1:

Not sure which challenges you already participated in? :ballot_box_with_check:

Click here to see how to check your current badges

If you can’t remember if you completed a challenge, no worries! You can go to the challenge page and check the entries to see if you submitted.

Additionally, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check your badges:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select “Summary”.
  3. Next, click on “Badges”

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry(ies) to the Challenge :writing_hand:

Please click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

After you have chosen an old challenge (or two!), completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry(ies) in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below
  • :green_circle: In a new thread in the forum (If so, please add a hyperlink back to this post and/or tag it as challenge-entry so that it can easily be found!)

:exclamation: IMPORTANT : Please don’t forget to include the name of the chosen challenge and/or the badge you want somewhere in your post as well!

If you do not include a challenge or badge name with your entry, I will have to use my best guess and you may not get the title you were hoping for- so please be sure to mention it!

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, September 13th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-09-13T05:00:00Z )

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and don’t be afraid to delve into a previously unexplored of magick!

:mage: :infinite_roots: :trophy:

Blessed Be!

14 Likes

…a catch up challenge already?!

Now I have to go through my spreadsheet of challenges to see which ones I haven’t done :laughing:

13 Likes

That is too funny. I was thinking this morning that it is quite possible I won’t remember the ones I have done. Then I thought, well if I do end up doing the same one hopefully it will be a different challenge entry or at least a new level of understanding. :wink:

I like the spreadsheet idea.

14 Likes

Omg i love these catch up challenges😁

13 Likes

Since Mabon is not far off, now would be the perfect time to do the Inviting Abundance :corn: challenge. I was browsing YouTube for some autumn ambient music and I have a great idea for a simple ritual for attracting abundance.

The moon will begin to wane before September 13th, so why not undertake the Magick in the Dark :new_moon_with_face: challenge too? Instead of Shadow Work, I’m thinking of writing and performing a spell for alleviating fear.

13 Likes

Thank you :pray: @BryWisteria
I needed 3 weeks for the Liminal Magick Challenge :rofl: :alarm_clock: I have it all written in my head :thinking: but missed the deadline :frowning_face: anyway!
:heart:

9 Likes

Woke up early and couldnt get back to sleep so thought id respond here before i had to get up for another crazy day at work.
Im glad for positive things to focus on especially since yesterday i finally broke down at work. Gut wrenching tears. It was intense. I pulled myself togerger n got on with the day n did my best to get through it. Ive been finding after work on trains or when get home finfing comfort in my new project of sabbat books n working on my book of ostara. My challenges i chose seem to flow well into this project.

Books tomes and tales
One thing ive been doing on scribed app is look for any n all pagan, witch etc books, audiobooks etc. Ive got quite alot of saved books n audio books to go through. One tging in my ostara book ive started is a reading list. Its for the books ive looked at and listened to or read that found useful. I might even do a review of books im not sure so can remember key stuff in books found useful or interesting. Not sure. But im going to continure with this. Ive already looked at a few pagan books whivh found interesting. . And an ostara book. A book about the sabbat. And ive got a good selection of norse n celtic mythology n lore books to explore, magic books on anythinh from moon magic to kitchen magic. Books on deities, i found a few on correspondances etc that thought might be useful.
My first step though other than keep saving books find that that want to read or lisren to, but also maybe organise into catagories to easily find topics.
Then i can continue reading and listening to the books and build on the reading lists of books so that i can have a list of books that ive read and found useful so when im lookibg for information on something i can go to my list n find a book relevent to topic n look up stuff.
I can also write about the books i liked n what fiund useful and interesting in the books.

The other challenge that decidex to do was the making magical offerings. As ostara and indeed the book of ostara im working on is a refresh n renewal of path n practice i was relooking at reconnecting to my clan and looking at offerings etc i can give or things can do to honor deities n make them feel welcome in my home n life. Not so much to ask for things but more for the connection n spending time with them n honoring them. So one thing in book of ostara was doing was puttibg page for each deity in my clan that summerises who they are or what main associations are. A list of sacred animals trees etc and special days as well as a list of offering s and ways to work with them or thinfs can do to honor them n things important to them. Some things are same or similar to things decided to do like supporting wildlife conservation while others i have to look at maybe adjusting something that didnt wirk out to something else still relevent to that deity but maybe sometjinf that might work better that can do for them. So the offering challenge also seems to be a fitting challenge to do this week. Ive done two deities so far, i didnt get to do anything last night as was so exhausfed buti can try again tonight. I dont take my ostara book with me to work n leave it on my altar space jyst to be spafe but working on it after settled in at home n eating or after eaten but before bed ive found ive been able to get one deity page done. Once got all done i can look at planning any new offerings.

10 Likes

:laughing: I was just thinking the same thing… where’s my spreadsheet?

Gotta figure out which 2 I want to pick this week.

8 Likes

@MeganB Hahaha I know! Where did the last 2.5 months go!? I feel like the last Catch-Up was just last week lol :laughing:

@Phoenix_Rose All of the challenge badges are able to be earned multiple times- so just like you said, if there is a theme you want to develop further or build on, you are absolutely free to do so! :blush:

@Kasandra You’re right- it is the perfect time of year for Abundance work! And I love the idea of exploring Shadow Work with a spell that alleviates fear- I can’t wait to see what you create, Kasandra! Good luck and have fun! :star2:

@Marsha No worries at all, Marsha! And yes, liminal magick is a tricky one, I understand that it’s something that can take a while to think and develop. Luckily, as it’s a catch-up, this week can count as “week 3” of the liminal challenge! :smile: :+1:

@Phoenix_Fire I’m sorry you’re having a tough time at work- that’s good that you’ve found solace in your Craft and your exciting projects :heart: I know from your other posts that you’ve really been digging deep into your books- it sounds like you’ve found some really interesting ones and that you’ve been enjoying your studies, good for you! :books::sparkles: It sounds like the Ostara book has given you lots of inspiration for your magickal offerings too- I’m wishing you all the best with your continued offerings! I am sure your deities appreciate your thoughtfulness :blush: Great work!

@Artemisia You are all so organized with your spreadsheets! :scroll::sparkles: Looking forward to hearing which challenges you pick- whatever you choose, good luck and have fun with them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Ahhh, this is so nice! So many challenges to choose from :star_struck:

9 Likes

Good Morning Phoenix _Fire.

You sound like a very busy person with a lot of positive going on in your life. On that note, I find one of the most important statements regarding life, in my opinion, is the key to success is organization! It sounds like you’re well on your way with all you have going on. I wish you the best and always remember to take a deep breath, burn out can be debilitating.

Have a wonderful, blessed and safe day!

Medea

11 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose – Spreadsheets are a lifesaver :laughing: now I just have to make sure it’s actually updated!

@Kasandra – Those sound like good ideas :new_moon: I’m not sure if I’ve done the Magick in the Dark challenge yet but I like how you’ve switched it from shadow work to alleviating fear. Nice adjustment!

@marsha – Well, now’s the time! A catch-up challenge will still work for the liminal magick challenge :blush: You can do it!

@Phoenix_Fire – All the hugs to you :people_hugging: :sparkles: You’ve been going through so much and you are so strong. You just keep pushing forward – please remember to also take a break for yourself!

I love Scribd for their selection of occult books! :raised_hands: There are so many on there that I don’t think I would ever be able to make it through all of them. If you’re looking for suggestions, I recommend a book called Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer. It’s on Scribd as both an eBook and an audiobook. I recommend the audiobook because it’s narrated by the author. It brings so much more to the book!

You’ve also inspired me to work a bit more on a physical book for my grimoire. Right now, most of my information is kept in my head! :laughing: Here’s to working on our collections of information, making offerings to our deities, and learning what we can in our sacred spaces!

@Artemisia – I know where my spreadsheet is…but is it accurate? Probably not! :joy:

@BryWisteria – That’s definitely an understatement! :joy:

13 Likes

Same!!!

I can’t believe it is already catch-up time. I’ll have to see which ones I haven’t done and narrow it down to two. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

9 Likes

@stavroula Choices, choices! :grinning: Whichever ones you pick, I hope you have fun with them- enjoy! :star2:

@meganB Good luck with building your physical grimoire- that sounds like a fun project, and it’s going to be so cool when you can hold the final book in your hands! :open_book: :two_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane Catch-Up time snuck up quickly this round haha. Good luck and I hope you have fun with whichever two challenges you choose! :heart:

6 Likes

So progress to this
Making magical offerings
I decided lobg ago to do a herb garden to honor Brigid and vegie garden for Cerridwen and id done a sun flower grow for Lugh previously but it was dying a littlr because id forgot to keep watering cause of weather so all icer placr. I replanted n watered and pkabted more. I also had tried herb n vegies garden in past but didnt gr o w but decide to try again. So today i did this
Uploading: 20220909_150438.jpg…
I need more cotton balls for some of the herbs but from left to right sunflowers, wild flowers, lettuce, cucumber and carrots. The herbs were coriander, parsley and another but cant remember last one.
I also put a plant ive had out in tge sun as it looked like it needed more sun. I watered the inside plant as well.
I lit my candles on ostara altar

And when an order from scentsy was having trouble getting to me n made few calls i was waiting to find out what was happening. I am using sventsy wax melts as a form of offering as a form of candle but without flame plus i chose cleaning and washing products based on magical correspondances and the associations to deities to things theu like to make them feel welcome in home and to honor them.
When i heard back that tge issue was resolved n it was coming on monday i was so grateful n relieved i put essential oil diffuser on with correspondances associate to my clan as an offering of thanks and said a prayer of thanks not just for the help with that which helps me embrace my pagan and witch/druid practice but also helps with helping home be calm and safe etc which i need. So with tears i offered my thanks in words n offering. I remembered the challenge n thought im so grateful for what my clan had done for me i also wanted to share what they had done because its safe to do so here n im so grateful fle their help i didnt want to keep it to myself lol.

Also progress on the books tomes and tales i am organising my resources not obly on phone to have all pagan resourcrs in one file on phone but also caragories of books n resources on scribed abd had to remember to make my lists private. Just like what ive done on pinterest. Ive got lists from paganism, druidry, general witch practice, celtic myths and legands abd another for norse as tgats where my deities are from and oddly also my family tree comes from both cultures but that i found out ( at least the norse) after id alreafy been following deities from there. I also have lists for types of magic or practice and lists for sabbats in general and specific. Im still sorting through books but ill end up with more catagories im sure as i know i have books on the moon but have not come accross yet. Ut will be easier to find specific books on a topic this way n ive alreafy been listening to and reading books so far. Alsi each list topic will thrn create further search topics for more books. N as i find books dont connect with can remove from saved list and will only have books found useful n connected to and also can further adjust the list system as i find what topics a book may relate to that might not come up in the brief description which will further assist when looking up information later that i might of read somewhere or heard in audio book. Im calling in my pagan library and im creating a library space in my inner temple where i can put on an audio book and go into the inner temple while listen and maybe even use the inner temple to maybe follow allong with a spell or a devotion or even if its talking about a topic i can explore it further in the inner temple. If its an ebook then be harder to do that but the ebooks are a resource without needing to 1. Buy physical book cause ita a part of subscription but also i can have it on my phone which is just brillisnt n can access when ever i have phone n have a little time like on train etc. N the range of books found is awesome :grin:

8 Likes

I even found scribed has sheet music which means i can put together sheet music lists or collection tgat can use not only as offering to deities but in my hraling work as well and learning to play musical indtruments is also part of my offerings to members of my clan. Nkt just the types of songs but the act of learning instruments and pkaying them :grin:im excited

7 Likes

My first choice, for reasons associated with the death of Queen Elizabeth, the upcoming Mabon holiday, and the previous Liminal spaces challenge, is the challenge from October 2020, “The Veil Between Worlds”. How enticing! That elusive veil where secret, hidden things reside and only necromancers have access!
For me, and maybe what drives me as a Chaote, there is a strong scientific connection between alchemists and physicists. Yes, I’m aware that many would criticize this as being a centuries-old belief that died out because of a lack of evidence to support it.
But, again, I disagree.
I feel that Dark Energy (aka The Aether) is the force containing the ‘liminal spaces’ and drives the electron in it’s travels and that it is entirely possible that Dark Matter is the substance that ancestors, ghosts, demons, and angels themselves are made of! This may very well be the reason that necromancers, such as John Dee, have always commanded deep respect and equally deep fear, for how does one go into that realm and not return fundamentally altered?
This, for me, also lines up nicely with the Peering into Past Lives Challenge from Oct. 2021 for the same reason. It’s as if so many ‘sense’ a liminal sphere and are either able to communicate with it or desperately seek to do so.
As if they believe that sphere holds answers that elude us here.
This upcoming week, I will be looking into what forms of alchemy I am most interested in and, maybe most importantly, dare to engage in!
Thanks for this thought-provoking 'Catch-up" challenge as it led me to that which, apparently, intrigues me the most.

11 Likes

:new_moon_with_face: Magick in the Dark :new_moon_with_face:

For this spell/ritual, I was inspired by a scene in A Clash of Kings, the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire, which Games of Thrones is based on.

At the end of season two, Daenerys goes through the House of The Undying in Qarth to find her kidnapped dragons. The scene plays out very differently in the book. Her dragons are not kidnapped and she has visions she has are more numerous, not to mention strange and terrifying. She has Drogon, her red and black dragon, perched on her shoulders the entire time. He guides her, protects her and saves her in the end.

Since the moon is not waning yet, I will wait until Sunday or Monday to perform this spell.

Draconic Spell For Alleviating Fear

You will need:
A red candle
Small cauldron
Water
Dragon’s blood fragrance oil

1. Light a red candle on your altar during the waning moon.

2. Fill a small cauldron with warm water (approx. two or three cups) and add a few drops of Dragon’s Blood fragrance oil.

3. Turn off the lights and sit (or stand) behind the candle at a safe distance with the small cauldron in your hands.

4. Breathe in the scent of Dragon’s Blood and watch the candle light flickering on the floor or the walls.

5. Imagine a small dragon perched on your shoulders. What color is its scales? Its eyes? Your breath is in perfect sync with it. This dragon is with you always, ready to burn away any fears that limit you or do not serve you in any way.

6. Name these fears or anxieties. Maybe you are feeling anxious before a job interview. Maybe you are starting a new job. Maybe you are moving to a new house or an apartment. Or maybe you are trying to overcome a lifelong fear, such as a fear of flying or a fear of the dark.
    Whatever it is, visualize it as tree branch. In front of you is an unlit fire pit. Throw the branch into the pit and say: Ag, ag voth Dovahro Yol (Burn, burn with dragon fire)! See the dragon on your shoulder setting the pit ablaze!

7. As you watch the branch burn in your mind’s eye, say as many times as you need: Kii, Kii, Faasi nu Kii (Ash, ash, my fear is now ash)

8. Sit for a moment in silence. Find the waning moon in the sky and end the ritual with the following affirmations: Fod Iilah gevul, zu’u paagol zeim Vulom vothni faas (As the moon darkens, I walk through the darkness with no fear) Dahik Dovahro Yol jaaril zu’u nol Ahraan (For dragon fire protects me from harm)

12 Likes

With the full moon in Pisces this weekend, I chose Freedom of Forgiveness as one of my challenges and will be posting my ritual later this weekend. I am also going to do the Dual-wielding Opposite Forces since I am working with Hel, who is about the balance of life and death (She’s portrayed as half alive and half dead).

9 Likes
  1. Weekly Witch challenge – Catch up

027. Weekly Witch Challenge - Of the element of Air

first entry
Challenge entry - Garnet
I’m not sure if I correctly categorized this subject, if it’s in the wrong spot let me know and I’ll move it.

In the last few weeks, questions have been floating on the many rivers of my mind. And like

a leaf floating in the air, I felt compelled to float with it.

This challenge is delving into your senses and the curving rivers, of one’s mind.

I’ve often told young people that the secret to life is to live it to the fullest measure.

But, the fullest measure of life comes with unwritten rules.

#1. Be mindful and aware of everything going on around you.

I think that the human mind is like an early warning system. What I mean is that funny feeling when something is going to ‘happen’

#2. Develop and appreciate your 5 senses, to slow down and live for the moment… This helps to stop the thoughts racing around in your head until you want to dig your hands into your hair and scream.

STOP! Let me take a breath.

#4. Breath. It sounds so simple and for the most part, breathing is automatic. Think about the act of breathing. While pulling air into your lungs, do you know what else you’re doing? You’re oxygenating your blood. You are also unconsciously using your sense of smell. Do you smell the fabric softener on your clothes, your shampoo, or even a small whisp of smoke that can alert you to danger? Walking down the sidewalk, you can smell the freshly mowed lawn. Categorizing the smells becomes an automatic reflection. What does the smell mean to you, is it a good smell or something that should alert you to danger?

#5. Sight. Sitting in a comfortable chair on the porch, look around you. How lovely life is. Now close your eyes. All those lovely shapes and colors are gone, they are only a memory. All of the things you observed can be analyzed to help ground you and release anxiety or other negative emotions.

Don’t forget smell and breathing, it’s related.

#6. Taste This is such an important sense that if one should lose the ability to taste, it is possible to starve. Concentrate on your mouth and how it works, your tongue movement, your teeth, and the saliva produced to keep the mouth moist and help in early digestion.

#7. Touch We often think of touch. your hands & fingers. What about your feet? Your toes? in fact, the skin is the first line of defense against injury and infection.

This next little bit may seem a little unrelated to what I’ve said so far but bare with me here.

#8. Focus. Stand up and walk around the room, touching various things. When you are ready, pick something to be your focal point. Train yourself to continuously return your attention to that item. In time, even with distractions, you can gently return your attention to your focal point.

Don’t lose faith if you don’t succeed right away, it’s just another way to fine-tune your life and practice.

Anxiety is the enemy. It can make you feel out of control. You need to learn how to do grounding activities to instantly calm your mind and body.

If you remember nothing else, remember this.

This is your life, your body, your mind, and your emotions.

You ARE the master of your fate, so learn to sail the lovely sailing ship called YOU.

Blessed be and remember

You can be anything you want to be

Your only obstacle is yourself

Garnet

13 Likes