šŸŽ‡ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Spell Swap Meet

Merry meet to all!

Thanks again to the divine folks who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Working with Higher Powers :angel:

With the blessing of divine forces on our side, it is now time to open up your Sacred Book, Journal, or peer into your memory as we gather the best spells of the bunch :sparkler:

This weekā€™s challenge was suggested by the generous @phoenix_dawn and isā€¦

Spells8 Spell Swap Meet Witchy Challenge

:sparkles::open_book: Spell Swap Meet: The Covenā€™s Favorite Spells :books::infinite_roots:

Was there a spell that helped you in your time of need?
Do you have a go-to ritual that never fails?
Is there a daily blessing that always brings light into your day?

Itā€™s time for a coven ā€œSpell Swap Meetā€ where the best spells are shared for all to enjoy!

Take a look through your Sacred Book, the forum, your memory, and more to put forward the best of the bunch :open_book:

While you may share a favorite spell of your own making, in the theme of sharing, it is encouraged that you offer a spell that was once shared with you (such as something you learned from a coven member)

This week is all about sharing your favorite spells and rituals. Share your faves and donā€™t forget to make room for more- over the course of this challenge, youā€™ll likely pick up plenty of new spells to add to your collection! :blush:

Are you ready? Because itā€™sā€¦

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bellhop_bell:

Pagan Gathering
Picture from Pinterest

STEP 1 : Share Your Spells! :books:

For the challenge this week you should look back to find your favorite spells and rituals.

To find your favorite spells, you might checkā€¦

:open_book: Your Book of Shadows or Grimoire
:blue_book: Your Journal
:computer: The Spells8 Forum
:bookmark: Your Spells8 bookmarks and forum bookmarks
:brain: Your memory

If you donā€™t have a favorite spell to share, why not share something youā€™d like to try?

To find an interesting spell to share on a topic you are interested in, you mightā€¦

:mag: Search the forum for specific spells
:label: Browse the Forum Tags
:crystal_ball: Explore the Witchy Wisdom Category
:sparkles: Jump to the Spells Tag
:face_with_monocle: Read through the many Spell Collections on Spells8

Art from the Everyday Witch Tarot by Elisabeth Alba

STEP 2 : Share Your Spell or Ritual :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusitivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To participate in the challenge:

• Please share your favorite spell/ritual - including the spell ingredients and instructions (or a link to where they can be found)

Sharing your personal experience and results from the spellwork is also welcome and encouraged!

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, November 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-11-16T06:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from the Gods and Demons Wiki

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Art by Boris Olshansky

Calling all witches to put out their best-
Your favorite spells to share with the rest
By swapping and sharing that which saved you
Youā€™re certain to find some great new spells too!

Blessed be and happy spell swapping! :sparkler:

28 Likes

This is easy! The sun sigil spell has helped me on numerous occasions for passing tests and pop up quizzes!

Needless to say I now have 2 certificates and Iā€™ve decided that Iā€™m going to take a third course. Iā€™ve already started. Iā€™m still using the same sigil but Iā€™m giving it a boost with another spell.

I hope that whoever else uses this has as much luck with it as I did!!!

all-about-the-sun300
Pic from Google

24 Likes

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! :lemon:

Protection from Draining Energies

My absolute favorite spell that has been shared in the forum & is by the lovely @SilverBear. I have shared it more than a few times. I tweak it as I need to, but itā€™s something that I regularly do for myself & for my daughter through the school year at the very least. :two_hearts:

17 Likes

Iā€™ve started working on a Draconic Binding Spell, so once itā€™s done, Iā€™ll share it here!

Edit: Itā€™s finished! As always, feel free to add it to your BOS!

Draconic Binding Spell

You will need:
1 piece of yarn/cord/ribbon/string
1 piece of paper
1 pen or pencil
1 black candle

1. Light a black candle and meditate for a moment on the person you want to bind and why. If you learn that there is another way to resolve the situation, blow out the candle and end the ritual.

2. If you learn that all avenues have been exhausted, write down the name of the person and how they are causing harm.

3. Blow out the black candle and wait for the wick to cool. Once it has cooled, rub some of the ashes between your fingers and smear it onto the paper. The purpose of this is to strengthen the spell or to blot out their desire to continue their harming others.

4. Tie the piece of paper with the yarn, cord, string or ribbon and say the following:

Your Actions Have Been Causing Harm
So With This Cord/String/Ribbon/Yarn That I Take,
Like The Great Snake Aker Of Egyptian Lore,
I Bind You For Your Sake
May You Hurt Me/Name Of Person You Want To Protect No More

1. Place it somewhere dark beneath a piece of furniture such as your altar, a chair, or a couch. The reason for this placement is Akerā€™s name means ā€œbeneath usā€.

2. Leave it there until the person has ceased their harmful actions.

17 Likes

I have fallen behind in my challenges and really want to do this one even if Iā€™m still new to spell casting and spell creation. My intention is to share a version of a cord-cutting ritual that I hope to use to help entangle me from some relationships of which I need to let go.

Kat

13 Likes

I took this afternoon to really put some thought into this oneā€¦I have a few spells that are my go to faves but one kept sticking out that I use most and that is the Road Opener Spell from our very own Spells8!
Whenever I feel a stale energy within my home/self, and if it lingers more than a day I will pull this out and get to workā€¦it is a great spell.

13 Likes

I will share a proper spell tomorrow I promise but I just wanted to share this quick little tip:

Sharing from Pinterest: fb.com/LOVEandLIGHTALL

Kitchen Witchy Tip: Bury a raw egg near the entrance to your home to ensure abundance for the forthcoming year and fertility in your garden.

The year that I happened to look for some ideas to have a bit of a better year next year was really pretty bad where money was concerned. Now I have done this every New Yearā€™s Eve night for the past few years since I stumbled upon it on Pinterest.

Now, I have never been ā€˜rollingā€™ in money or won the lotto or anything like that. But, ever since I started doing this I have ALWAYS managed throughout the year. Whatever bills came in expected or unexpected I always found that I had the money to sort it out or I was able to find a solution without having to put myself in debt.

I try and share this one every year with people as I do believe that it helps.

14 Likes

Congrats on your certificates (and good luck on the upcoming course), @Christina4! Iā€™m glad the Sun Sigil spell has been so useful for you- thanks for sharing it! :blush:

Silverbear has so many lovely spells- thatā€™s a really great one, @Susurrus! It sounds like it has become a go-to in your practice. Thanks so much for sharing! :heart:

Beautiful Binding Spell, @Kasandra, and I love how it uses Knot Magick! :yarn: Always great to have a binding spell or two on hand, just in case. Thank you! :sparkles:

No worries at all, @Artemisia- the challenges are always ongoing, so you can jump in whenever you have the time and feel drawn to the theme! Cord-Cutting rituals are always valuable to have. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about the ritual you like to use! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nice, @Rowan! Iā€™m glad someone chose the Road Opener- itā€™s one of my favorite types of spells for sure :blush: Iā€™m glad youā€™ve found it useful, thanks for sharing it! :raised_hands:

Interesting witchy tip about the egg, @jessica72- it sounds like a good way to bring in a bit of funds throughout the year. Thank you for sharing your wisdom! :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Iā€™ve been going back through my journal and notes and I have to admit itā€™s pretty tough to pick out a favorite spell- there are so many amazing spells, rituals, blessings and more that Iā€™ve collected from the talented folks here in the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :infinite_roots:

In terms of things Iā€™ve used over and over again, I have to mention @bertaā€™s beautiful Prayer for Shipped Packages :package: that I have used multiple times with great results.

And I canā€™t leave out the Spells8 Quick and Easy Tea Blessing that has helped me form the foundation for many of the group ritual tea meditations made over the past year :tea:

Quick-and-Easy-Tea-Blessing-1-800x530

Everyone has shared lovely spells so far, and it was fun going back through my notes to reminisce about past spellwork :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Canā€™t wait to see what other spells, rituals, and magickal works have become beloved by the coven! :star_struck: :infinite_roots:

12 Likes

This is definitely an easy pick for me. Itā€™s the ā€œDaily Wiccan Prayerā€ from Spells8 and itā€™s YouTube video. Itā€™s a musical abbreviation of the Wiccan Rede. Itā€™s so positive I even made a CD of it to play while I drive. Growing up Catholic, I learned prayers that were mostly adoration-type prayers. If youā€™re Christian you know these prayers. Yes, theyā€™re nice prayers, but they donā€™t really tell us how we should act or live.

Using the Spell8 border I once again made it printable to be added to my BoS.

Daily Blessing - Google Slides

I love this blessing so much Iā€™ve added it to the list of opening prayers I use for my Cub Scouts. Being a scout leader I get to choose the prayers to use that the kids read. All prayers I use are non super religious. We still do virtual meetings so this is from a previous meeting slide (thanks a lot COVID :crazy_face:). So as you can see Iā€™ve changed it some to mask the origin.

11 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if this is admissible in this category, but Iā€™ve been reading the BOS of ā€œSandgroanā€ online. His BOS is free for personal non-commercial use.
It is phrased in a delightful rendition of old English. Myth, Fantasy, or dream, itā€™s a joy to read.
Iā€™m only uploading one page and posting the address to find the rest.

https://www.deviantart.com/sandgroan/art/Book-of-Shadows-23-Page-3-698917519
Garnet

11 Likes

Does anyone remember who posted this?

Star Goddess

Star Goddess, I ask that you illuminate this Dragon statue

and fill it with your power, so it may ever watch over this

place that is so sacred to me.

Holy Mother

In you we live, move and have our life.

From all things you emerge, and unto you all things return.

I found it while going through a bunch of papers I saved and want to give you full credit in my BOS, its a lovely piece.
It was hand written.
Found out who wrote this. It was our own Colin. Havenā€™t heard from you in a while, you still out there?

12 Likes

Thank you dear Garnet! That was beautiful :heart:

9 Likes

Was it yours C4

7 Likes

This spell comes from ā€˜ The Little Book of Moon Magicā€™ by Sarah Bartlett

The book was a gift for my birthday from my amazing mum.

ā€˜Wish for Just a Little More Moneyā€™

You will need: Your journal and a pen.

For this wish, during the Waxing Moon period, you need to write down exactly how much money you would like.

1. In your journal, write: ā€˜Dear Moon, please bring me (x amount of money) by the next New Moon. Thank you for your support and help.ā€™

2. Repeat your wish four times to align to each of the main lunar phases.

As long as you truly believe in receiving this (realistic) amount, you will.

I followed the instructions sort of. Only difference was I decided to complete my 1st journal entry on the Full Moon night of October 31st in 2020. I asked for $500.00 to help pay a bill.

Anyways I ended up winning $7.10 on a lotto ticket a couple of days after that.

On the 2nd of November 2020 I won just over $340.00 on a bet that I made on our biggest national horse race, ā€œThe Melbourne Cupā€. I only bet once a year itā€™s a little tradition that I have with the girls at work and I usually do terribly and donā€™t win a thing.

But did I complete the ritual and finish the last 3 journal entries? No I got lazy.

This was last year before I was fully committed to the craft. I was just dabbling back then and I didnā€™t fully have a concept of the dedication and respect required. So Iā€™m sure if I had of not been such a lazy bones and committed to my wish fully and completed the last 3 journal entries and perhaps started during the Waxing Moon phase as it said I may have gotten exactly what I asked for. I did make sure to record my gratitude in my journal. I didnā€™t mind that I didnā€™t get exactly what I wished for. Every little bit helps. The bill was paid and I was a happy little camper.

13 Likes

This spell comes from ā€˜ The Little Book of Moon Magicā€™ by Sarah Bartlett

The book was a gift for my birthday from my amazing mum.

Last night as part of my month of ā€œhitting the connection that I feel towards my narcissistic and toxic ex with every single thing I can find, I need him out of my headā€ repertoire I decided to try the:

ā€˜Complete Emotional Healing Charmā€™

During the Waxing Moon phase, use this general elemental charm for cleansing your emotional field and restoring good feelings, especially about yourself.

You will need:

• x3 white candles (to represent Fire and Air energy)
  • x3 pieces of onyx (to remove dark feelings)
  • x3 rosebuds (to promote happy emotions )
  • a small ceramic dish filled with springwater (to represent Earth and Water energy)
  • At your altar or sacred table take up each of the candles in turn and say: ā€˜I charge this candle to invite positive emotions into my life.ā€™
  • Place the candles in a row on a table and light them.
  • Now take up each piece of Onyx in turn and say: ā€˜I charge this crystal to remove all negative emotion form me.ā€™
  • Place the crystals in front of the candles.
  • Take up each rosebud in turn and say: ā€˜I charge this rosebud to bring me joy.ā€™
  • Place the rosebuds in front of the crystals.
  • Now place the bowl of water in front of the sacred enchantment and place the rosebuds and crystals into the bowl. Blow out the candles when youā€™ve had a few minutes to focus on your feelings.
  • Leave the enchantment in place until the Full Moon, and you will be bestowed with emotional healing.

Maybe thought that someone else in the coven may need a little bit of complete emotional healing just like me.

12 Likes

Well, @Rowan used my favorite spell already so I went with my second favorite, this one:

Itā€™s nice and calming when Iā€™m anxious about doing something or going out.

11 Likes

OH, I forgot about this one! I have these purple candles & I knew they were for a spell, so I put them aside until I printed the spellā€¦ wellā€¦ now I guess I should print the spell since originally the candles had been put asideā€¦ a while ago. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thank you @Amethyst!

8 Likes

Since our situation needs a little higher intervention, Iā€™ve actually done a couple spells! Last night I made the Good Luck and Prosperity Spell Jar, and tonight I made the Wealth Sachet. I had to substitute a couple ingredients because I havenā€™t been able to make a run by my local apothecary or witchy supply store, so Iā€™m crossing my fingers that I did it correctly :heart:

I love making spell jars. Iā€™ve made one for Self-Love, one for tranquility in the home-- and Iā€™m not sure if it is a thing? But Iā€™ve made one for deity work as well. I filled it with things that correspond to that deity-- at the time, my brain was like ā€œthis should make that work better!ā€ but-- (Iā€™m really great a second guessing myself?) I donā€™t know if even does :skull:

11 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, sweetie!

8 Likes