🕓 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Merry meet!

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Light 'Em Up :diya_lamp: The lights of the coven shine so brightly!

I’m happy to announce that this week’s marks the 90th witchy challenge here in the forum- wow! :star_struck: And, as with every ten challenges, the challenge clock has come to a brief halt and challenges of all shapes, sizes, and sorts are open once again :alarm_clock:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :timer_clock:

To celebrate the 90th Weekly Challenge something special is happening…

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forum? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Picture from Pixabay

Are you ready? It’s a blast from the past!

Here’s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are 82 previous challenge themes to choose from (past Catch-Up challenges not included).

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. For details about each challenge including guidelines and inspiration click the link to visit that challenge page.

Note that the threads for the old challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:clock4: Catch-Up VIII [this challenge!]
:diya_lamp: Candle Magick: Light 'Em Up! – Holder of Light
:tornado: Chaos Magick – Master of Chaos
:magic_wand: Tools of the Witch Trade – Well-Equipped Witch
:sunflower: Flower Power – Athrophile Witch
:tea: Teas & Infusions – Tea Witch
:teacher: Teachers of Magick – Student of Magick
:pentagram: Symbols & Sigils – Wielder of Symbols
:broom: Everyday Magick – Carpe diem
:heart: Love Magick – Lovely Witch
:clock3: Catch-Up VII
:tiger: Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese New Year – Favored by Fortune
:performing_arts: Your Magickal Muse – Beloved by the Muses
:deciduous_tree: Sacred Trees and Wood – Custos Arborum
:open_hands: Making Magickal Offerings – Blessed Bestower
:door: Passage Into the New Year – Trailblazer
:blush: The Magick of Happiness – Beholder of Happiness
:sun_with_face: Solar Magick – Solar Mage
:busts_in_silhouette: Freedom in Forgiveness – Magnanimous
:crossed_swords: Dual Wielding Opposite Forces – Unus qui est libratum
:clock2: Catch-Up VI
:sparkler: Spell Swap Meet – Coven Contributor
:angel: Working With Higher Powers - In manibus numinum
:candy: Trick-or-Treat! - Sweet 'n Spooky
:purse: Making Objects Magickal – Enchanter
:sparkles: A Magickal Blessing – Blessed One
:mag_right: Peering into Past Lives – Witch of the Ages
:books: History of Magick – History’s Heir
:shield: Powerful Protection – Powerful Protector
:dancer: The Magick of Music – Bard Witch
:clock1: Catch-Up V
:map: Magick on the Go – Wandering Witch
:handshake: One Witch to Another – Keeper of Knowledge
:salt: Salty Spellwork – Imperium salis
:cyclone: Reading Auras – Aura Reader
:black_cat: Cat Magick – Amicus felium
:yum: Wickedly Delicious – Connoisseur Witch
:bride_with_veil: Deities of the Moon – Blessed by the Moon
:rose: Beauty Magick – Pulchra magicae
:flower_playing_cards: A Touch of Tarot – Tarot Reader
:trophy: The Challenger [50th Challenge] – Challenge Champion
:dragon_face: Dragon Magick – Blessed by Dragons
:prayer_beads: A Healthy Dose of Crystals – Crystal Healer
:notes: Enchanting Chants – Chant Witch
:rainbow: The Many Colors of Magick – Colorful Witch
:timer_clock: Catch-Up IV
:milky_way: Astrology: Reading the Skies - Astrologer
:white_heart: Into the Light - Witch of Love and Light
:black_heart: From the Shadows - Shadow Survivor
:confetti_ball: Congrats to the Coven - Coven Celebrant
:place_of_worship: All About Altars - Reverent Witch
:toolbox: Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary - Apothecarist
:writing_hand: The Wizardry of Words - Word Witch
:paw_prints: Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales - Animalis magum
:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch
:running_woman: Catch-Up III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - Ceiliúradh an tséasúir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch Up II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[You can view the full list of challenges at any time by visiting: Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History ]

Picture from Pixabay

How many challenges can I do this week? :thinking:

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week and want to do more than just the usual one challenge, you can do:

Up to TWO CHALLENGES

This limit exists to encourage mindfulness on each challenge- please remember that, although some challenges have similar themes, every challenge requires its own unique entry in order to receive the corresponding badge :medal_sports:

But I want to earn all the badges!

That is awesome- I am so happy that you enjoy the badges so much! :blush:

At the end of the day, badges are just a small token- the challenges are really here to help you improve and enhance your magickal practice. So please try to take your time with your exploration of the theme(s) you choose- they are here for you! :sparkles:

On another note, the limit also exists to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) for all the various challenges at once.

But for challenge enthusiasts and badge collectors- no worries! Another chance to join in on any additional missed challenges will come again soon. Expect another Catch-Up Challenge and catch to earn old badges every ten challenges :+1:

Not sure which challenges you participated in? :ballot_box_with_check:

No worries! If you can’t remember if you completed a challenge, you can go to the challenge page and check the entries to see if you submitted.

Additionally, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check your badges:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select “Summary”.
  3. Next, click on “Badges”

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience .

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below

• :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. (If so, please add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can easily be found!)

:exclamation: IMPORTANT : Please don’t forget to include the name of the chosen challenge and/or the badge you want somewhere in your post as well!

If you do not include a challenge or badge name with your entry, I will have to use my best guess and you may not get the title you were hoping for- so please mention it!

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, April 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-04-19T05:00:00Z )

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and don’t be afraid to delve into a previously unexplored of magick!

Blessed be! :clock4: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Oooooh yay!

9 Likes

@BryWisteria - already another Catch Up! :smile: I’ll have to see if there is a challenge that I would like multiples of OR take a week off. I hate when I have this decision… :joy: So many great & fun challenges! Once I know people are where they need to be, I will have to see if any of them move me to participate again. :rofl:

@Amethyst do you have any ideas? I know that you are sort of in the same situation as I am!

PLEASE REMEMBER Challenge Badges can be earned more than once, so repeating a challenge that you want to try a different way or again… is definitely something that can be done!

10 Likes

Oh yes! Woo hoo! Catch up time!

Edit: ok first challenge entry is figured out. I think that it may be suitable for :purse: Making Objects Magickal – Enchanter

I was absent minded-ly scrolling through Pinterest today and a TikTok video popped up. It’s how to make a pendulum jar. Ooooo went my little sqeaulo-metre and the little coggy wogs started a turning. I want to make me one of these!

I ordered some Amethyst, Clear Quartz and Labradorite crystal chips online today. I hope they come in time.

8 Likes

I think I’m just gonna sit this one out this week. Either that or work on a healing tea spell for my lungs. LOL. I might do that.

8 Likes

90! Oh my gosh, I’ve done one!! I guess I better get to work. :laughing: So many to choose from, they all are interesting and will teach me new things. I am looking forward to this!

10 Likes

I wonder if we can collaborate, I can think of something & I know you have the items :thinking: :smirk:

9 Likes

I can’t believe we’ve already hit 90 challenges :laughing: we should throw a party for the 100th challenge!

12 Likes

90 already? :open_mouth: I didn’t think we were at that number yet!
Since Earth Day is soon, I’ve decided to do the :dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft challenge.
We have a (brief) warm-up this week, so I can take a bath for the :bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick-In-The-Tub challenge. :grin:

10 Likes

This is sooo exciting! 90 is amazing, I cant wait to catch up a bit!!!

11 Likes

That sounds fun!!

10 Likes

:partying_face: :heart:

Thank you for the reminder, Siofra! Yes indeed, for those amazing folks who have done all the challenges (I think there’s only two of you right now!) or anyone who has a most favorite challenge, you can indeed jump back in and earn a double badge if you so choose :grinning:

Ohhhhh it’s gorgeous! :star_struck: That’s definitely a way to gather objects and use them to craft something magickal- a great entry to the challenge! Good luck and can’t wait to see how yours comes out, Jessica :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aww Amethyst- your poor lungs! I hope they are feeling better every day :pray::heart: Sending healing energy and big e-hugs your way! :people_hugging: :sparkles:

I love your enthusiasm, Amber! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck and have fun with your challenges this week! :star2:

Hahaha you made me doubt it myself for a hot second- I went back in and counted again :joy: It is crazy, but we are really at challenge number 90! :tada::laughing:

As for a party for the 100th challenge… hmmm, sounds like fun to me! :partying_face:

They flew right by, didn’t they? :laughing: We’ll be at 100 before we know it!

I love timing the Earth-Friendly Witchcraft theme with upcoming Earth Day, and bath magick is always a great choice if you ask me! :bathtub: :smile: Good luck and enjoy, Kasandra!

It sure is a lot of challenges haha! And hooray- I’m looking forward to seeing which challenge(s) you choose, Rachel- enjoy! :partying_face:

10 Likes

I think that’s team Amethyst & Siofra… :laughing: but I sent @Amethyst a PM because I have an idea for her, just not for me. Her’s is easy though if I’m right :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Thanks love! I’m on albuterol and antibiotics so it’ll get better, it just hurts for now when I breathe. And I’ve gotten kinda used to breathing. I like doing it.

10 Likes

Okay, so since figuring out how many badges I’m actually missing (25 if you must know! :scream: ) I’m going to go for the two oldest ones that I am missing.

First up is Experimenter from the Try Something New challenge!

One thing I have never done before is candle wax reading. And honestly, this is pretty fitting since there’s a brand new blog post on Spells8 about pyromancy. But anyway, I decided to set up a little bowl in front of me with a candle and meditate for just a few minutes. I just asked for some general messages, insight, guidance, etc. about my money bowl since I lit the candle with my current money bowl candle. I didn’t ask anyone in particular, just my higher-self at this point.

I’m not sure if this is because I used a chime candle and just held it over the water and let it drip, but I’m not entirely sure I did this right :laughing: anyway, here are a few pictures of my experiment with wax reading plus my possible interpretation of the things I see in the water.

I let the wax settle a bit before trying to look for symbols. That’s why the last two pictures look slightlyl different. Anyway, in the wax, I see three different things. The first thing I immediately saw was the figure I circled in yellow that appears to be running toward me. The big blob of wax on the bottom looks like the sole of a shoe to me, giving the impression that something is running. Then the wax figure circled in red reminded me of the shape of a dollar sign. Circled in green is another little blob of wax that I can’t figure out. Overall, I’m taking this reading to mean I am chasing money (obviously) and that it is close enough in my reach but I may be trying too hard.

I definitely welcome any other interpretations or symbols you may see in the water!

Next up I’ll do the Dream Magick challenge to get the Oneiric Witch badge!

11 Likes

In the yellow circle I kinda see a scorpion maybe :woman_shrugging:
I really like your interpretation of it. I think you did a great job!
:rose:

10 Likes

For my catch-up challenge, I picked Magick in the Arts! I decided to try my hand at lino print. I have never done it before, this is my first attempt. Hopefully, you all can tell what things are supposed to be.

IMG_5590 IMG_5591

I tried making the print on a few different types of paper the first one ripped. Then I forgot to do my lettering backward :crazy_face:… thanks for digital editing I flipped a few to read correctly lol. Not too terrible for a first try. Now I’m going to go rest my hands. That was a lot of carving.

:star: :star: :star:

13 Likes

@JollyStar
I love it, it looks awesome!
:heart:

9 Likes

Yay!!! I love catch-up challenges!! There are so many either I wasn’t a member for or ones for ones that I didn’t have time or inspiration.

I am not sure which my projects qualify for… either Magick on the Go or All About Altars. I suppose a bit of both but I guess I have to choose one - Magick on the Go it shall be!

Seeing the post from Satu_TheGreenWitch and the amazing travel altar she brought with her on her vacation, I was inspired to create my own!

I happened to have a few Altoids tins laying around that were perfect for this challenge. I also decided that since I was making myself one, it was the perfect time to make a second to gift for a friend for her birthday.

I chose a wintergreen tin for my friend’s altar

and lined the inside with flowery printed papers.
Then for the fun part, picking and choosing the contents!

I chose nature-themed items for the most part

• Cowry seashell
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Frankincense
  • Moss
  • Wand stick
  • Rose quartz (the larger rock in the top picture didn’t fit so I had to switch it)
  • Jasmine flowers
  • Roses
  • Acorn
  • Feather
  • Matches
  • Candle
  • Palo santo
  • Goddess charm

Then I went to work on mine! I chose the cinnamon tin

and lined the bottom with silver paper and the top with a chart of pendulum divination.

The contents were lots of fun to chose.

• Moss
  • Quartz pendulum
  • Palo santo
  • Stick wand
  • Matches
  • Handmade (by me( bronze crow coin
  • Pentacle
  • Key
  • Silver leaf
  • Goddess charm
  • Seashell to in which burn small offerings
  • Seashell
  • Acorn
  • Feather
  • Pink Hyamuian Salt
  • Roses
  • Jasmine
  • Frankincense

Both are now sitting open to be charged and cleansed by the moon overnight.
I am so thrilled with how these came out that I have ideas for more… one dedicated to Artemis, one to The Morrigan. So much fun!

Perfect timing for this catch-up challenge! Thanks as always for encouraging my practice to grow :heart:

18 Likes

Wow @Artemisia! These are stunning!! I love them…especially the natural materials you used!! Just beautiful!!!:heart:

11 Likes