šŸŖ„ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Tools of the Witch Trade

Merry meet!

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Flower Power :sunflower:

After enjoying a delightful garden of magick last week itā€™s time to head inside, so to say, and hone a fundamental aspect of the Craft :magic_wand:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge was suggested by the wonderful @Amethyst and isā€¦

Magical Tools Wand Athame Cauldron Challenge

:magic_wand: :broom: Magickal Tools :dagger: :bowl_with_spoon:

What magickal tools do you use in your Craft? And how do you put them to use?

From cauldrons to athames, magickal wands, besoms, and more- there is an emporium of tools available to help a witch in their practice.

For an introduction and overview of witchy tools, consider watching the Tools of Witchcraft Video (part of the Wicca Self-Initiation Course):

Tools of Witchcraft Video on Spells8
Tools-of-Witchcraft-Video-Lesson-360x240

Remember that what works for one witch many not work for another, and there is nothing wrong with experimenting with magickal tools until you find what works best for you :+1:

This week is all about exploring magickal tools- but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because itā€™sā€¦

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

witcheskit_pinkweb_670
Art by Helen Mask: Witchā€™s Tool Kit

STEP 1 : Tools of the Witch Trade :magic_wand:

For this challenge, feel free to share about your favorite magickal tool(s) and how you like to use them in your Craft.

You might also be a bit daring and try out a magickal tool or two for the first time- thereā€™s nothing to lose and only experience to gain :nerd_face: :sparkles:

Not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge! :wink:

:magic_wand: Magick Wand
Not all those who practice magick choose to wield a wand, but if it is something that calls to you, considering giving it a try! Wands can help to direct and channel energy, enhancing spellwork.

How to Make and Consecrate Your Witchā€™s Wand
Create-Consecrate-Magic-Wand-Wicca-360x240

ā†’ Show Off Your Wands
ā†’ Tips for Making a Wand
ā†’ Looking for a Wand

:broom: A Witchā€™s Broom
Perhaps one of the most signature tools of a witch, brooms (often called ā€œbesomsā€) can be used in spellwork, cleansing rituals, and even as magickal protectors when placed around the house. Consider getting a besom or make one of your own!

What Does a Magickal Broom Over the Door Mean?
Magick-Broom-Meaning-Witchcraft-360x240

Besoms/Brooms: Did You Make Yours?
Besoms-and-Brooms-thumb

ā€œI Made a Besom!ā€
Made-a-besom

:bowl_with_spoon: Into the Cauldron
A cauldron can be anything from an impressive cast iron pot to a simple dish- this is where potions are mixed and herbal remedies are concocted!

ā†’ If you donā€™t have a designated cauldron, consider consecrating one :sparkles:

Tool Consecration Spell
Wicca-Tool-Consecration-Spell-360x240

ā†’ You might take the time to give your trusty old cauldron a good cleanse :bubbles:

ā†’ You could also put your cauldron to work with spellwork this week:

Bay Leaf Cauldron Spell
Burning-Bay-Leaves-Witchcraft-360x240

Cerridwen Incense
Cerridwen-Incense-Recipe-diy-360x240

:dagger: Athame

The athame is a sacred tool that plays a part in ritual work. Although it can be used in ways similar to a wand, there are unique differences between the two tools and many witches who enjoy ritualwork have one of each.

Athame: The Doā€™s and Donā€™ts of Your Ritual Knife
Athame-Ritual-Dagger-1-360x240

ā†’ Ritual Tools Show and Tell: The Athame
ā†’ Dedication of an Athame
ā†’ Does an Athame Have to Have a Double Blade?

:raised_hands: ā€¦And More!

These are just a few of the basic tools of witchcraft- you might also consider magickal staffs :wood: , witch hats :mage:, divination tools :crystal_ball: , and so many more!

Feel free to be creative with this challenge and know that you are welcome to approach it in a way that works with your unique magickal practice!

10147827_10152016174343741_1445893559_o-1
Picture from Patheos: Magickal Tools: Cheaper Alternatives

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience .

To participate in the challenge, please share:

1. About your experience with magickal tools in your magickal practice this week

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, March 29th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-03-29T05:00:00Z )

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Art by Johanna Polle: Traditional Witchcraft Tools

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

Cauldrons, besoms, and wands- many magickal tools.
So full of potential, theyā€™re worth more than jewels!

Appreciate the treasures, but donā€™t you forget-
The true power is within, on that you can bet!

Blessed be! :magic_wand: :heart:

22 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what everyone does!

14 Likes

Oh, this is going to be fun! I was bummed that I didnā€™t have time to do last weekā€™s challenge. Thanks as always, @BryWisteria! And thanks for suggesting it, @Amethyst! :hugs: :cherry_blossom: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Glad yā€™all like the idea! I just wanted to learn how to use my tools more, and I figured everyone would like that.

18 Likes

Wow, I was working on the wand I made a few months ago last night! This is going to be fun!!!

15 Likes

Well, this weekā€™s challenge is almost perfect for me. :grin: My favorite magick tool may be myself. As, intension is key to any spell.

Now when it comes to physical tools, I would say ā€˜everythingā€™ except crystals( sorry, they are just ā€˜pretty rocksā€™ to me). The flame of a candle, how herbs have medicinal and magical powers, the psychological color magic of candles, and donā€™t forget the aroma of incense.

17 Likes

Oh my! I use lots of tools! This one I am going to have to think about and more than likely narrow it down. :smiley:

Thanks @BryWisteria and @Amethyst for a great topic this week!

14 Likes

This is so funny because Iā€™ve been wanting to talk about tools of my craft on the podcast probably next month! Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™ll make or talk about with this challenge, though :thinking:

13 Likes

One of my dragon statues carries a very blunt knife that Iā€™ve used as an athame. I remember when it first came, I was going to write a draconic cord cutting spell, but never finished it for some reason.
Well, now is my time to finish it!
Yesterday, a customer left me a harsh review, saying that Iā€™m a worthless employee because weā€™ve been out an item she buys habitually and are having trouble restocking it. I know thatā€™s not true, but hurtful words are like cords that can ensnare you.
I usually work with Tysteal whenever I am in need of protection from negative energies, but if any of that has invaded your sacred space, Davliteau is the draconic deity to go to!

16 Likes

So I was cleaning up a spring ritual when I saw this post. Since at my house we have recently acquired a new human and the furniture and energy hasnā€™t really settled yet, I have been keeping most of my tools in one of the big popcorn tins so I have it all in one place.

The tools I use the most are my wand, my book of spells, a silver plated bowl I used as a cauldron, a pocket knife I use as a boline for anything I wonā€™t be eating, and a glass I use as a chalice.

20 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst for thinking of this challenge, it is going to be interesting.

11 Likes

I am SO excited for this week. Iā€™m a newbie, so I donā€™t have many tools. Iā€™ve been wanting to make myself a wand so badly. Tomorrow (if itā€™s not raining again) I plan to take my dog on a walk and stumble across whatever tree I may find to make one. :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

This is so true :people_hugging: Iā€™m glad you know that itā€™s not true, but it does sound like a cord cutting could be in order!

@Torista ā€“ those are beautiful tools :heart: and I am in love :heart_eyes: with that book!

@Janae_Rochele ā€“ I hope you find the perfect stick given by a wonderful tree :evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Itā€™ll be interesting to see what everyone does!

10 Likes

I have a little besom that I bought from another witchā€™s stall and a handicrafts fair that I have over my bedroom door. (My altar is set up in my room). It may be tiny but I really feel like it packs a punch. You can just feel the energy shift as soon as you walk in - well I can. I just feel safe there.

Plus I would like to just take a moment to give a shout out to my amazing mum. She has done nothing but support me fully on my path. She always wants to help me. While were out at the markets this last weekend we found like a little witchy supplies store. I was too busy lost in the crystals as per normal. When we got home mum gave me thisā€¦

On the condition that I do her leaves for her! I told her deal. I want to practice as much as I can.

16 Likes

Thank you! When I bought it was just plain grey and I was okay with that but after a while it was just too plain.

12 Likes

Iā€™m excited for this one :musical_note:
Also, do you write those little poems yourself @BryWisteria ? They are always amazing and a nice way to finish off the post

12 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried writing to several people at once, so here I go.

BrightBearTea Witch - Donā€™t be in such a hurry, tomorrow is another day. My girl you have so many utensils in your cauldron, take it easy .

Label the Witch Printable

Just sayinā€™ :upside_down_face:

AmethystWord Witch
You are so dear to us. A gift. :gift:

OstaraStudent of Magick
:magic_wand: great timing.

flowing
Enthusiast Witch :crystal_ball:
Maybe youā€™re a romantic Witch, a sensualistsā€™

KasandraBlessed by Dragons
Sorry youā€™re having customer problems again. Iā€™d send you my dragon to make people-kabobs of them but heā€™s in dragon jailā€¦
images
Yep, he got out, flew to Japan and ravaged Tokyoā€¦AGAIN and the dragon police caught him
Heā€™s now doing 99 years. Of course the cover story is Godzilla and Kong? Strike again!
Well, shoot, they arenā€™t even real, donā€™t people know that?

Janae_RocheleWitch
Isnā€™t it exciting to set up your Magick instruments?
I wish you well, honey. Just remember, donā€™t break the bank. and donā€™t be afraid of the dollar store, youā€™d be amazed at the treasures you can get there cheap.

Thanks every one for your contributions. Iā€™m so looking forward to your entries.

Blessed be, love you all.
Garnet

15 Likes

Ohh I am a huge fan of dollar stores HAHA. Thank youā€¦because yes, this is very exciting for me this week.

12 Likes

:blush: Aww, thank you, love! Youā€™re a gift too, one that keeps on giving!

8 Likes