I made a besom!

I found another lovely stick in the woods a few weeks ago and I’ve been debating what to do with it since I brought it home.

It dawned on me last week that I’ve not yet got a besom other than a mini one on my altar.

I had look at some guidance online for making one and ordered some birch branches from Etsy which arrived a few days ago.

Today was a lovely day so I sat outside and removed the bark from my stick with a chisel, then sanded it down and waxed with beeswax.

I soaked the branches in some hot water to make them more pliable and this is the result…

I might add some decoration, not sure yet, but I’m pretty happy with it :blush:

37 Likes

@IrisW beautiful! You did a great job :heart:

11 Likes

It’s gorgeous!!

10 Likes

Beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Very nice, it can be used on a ritual.

9 Likes

Nice job!!

7 Likes

I love your besom. It looks amazing

6 Likes

WOW. I wouldn’t add a thing if it were me, that’s the perfect witch’s broom! You did a great job on it!

6 Likes

I love it the way it is! Great job!

6 Likes

amazing work.

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! It’s perfect! I love it so much. You did a beautiful job!

7 Likes

Ooh girl I see some talent in you!!!

8 Likes

Congratulations on your besom! There’s a saying that goes: “a new broom sweeps clean”

Beautiful work and it adds so much meaning that you crafted it yourself :clap: :clap: Is it going to be hanging near the door?

7 Likes

It turned out lovely, @IrisW! May it invite in good luck and help to sweep out any negativity- congrats on your new besom! :broom: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Yes it’s the hallway near the front door.

I’ve had a clean with the hoover this morning so I’ll consecrate it later and having a ritual cleaning of my space.

8 Likes

Wow! That is awesome. So much love and energy has gone into this. Well done!

7 Likes

I love it.

6 Likes

Came out awesome!!

6 Likes