Witch hat origin?

Hi everyone, so i was thinking since the witch’s broom or besom is true in witchcraft and what most non-witches believe it to be (on object to fly with) is just an altered version of the story, is the same for the witch’s hat? Is this all a myth or is there some background story i have missed?

13 Likes

Oh I just found this: The origin of the dunce cap style is thought to come from the followers of a 13th century magician called John Duns Scotus who believed humans act as a funnel for wisdom. The tall, conical hat would act as a receiver and focusing point for wisdom. Drawing down power.

14 Likes

Oh I like that description. Now I want to get one to wear with my robe and look more like a wizard :smiley:

8 Likes

Found my hat. With some of my favourite mushroom to eat on it!

7 Likes

I brought a modern day witch hat as I thought it looked cute…. My mum is the best at sewing and is making me a dark purple robe and purple blue galaxy curtains for when I move my altar to the spare room as a sacred space….

9 Likes

Wow nice :star_struck: I saw a very nice one but since I am scared mine will fall apart from the kids or what not mine is plain… I will find the one I was thinking to get but didn’t…

6 Likes

Cant wait to see that robe. Mine isn’t here yet, but I bought it because I like to set myself into that mood for my trance. Getting out of every day clothing and into something specific, changes the mood.

Tem

7 Likes

Yes exactly and I would like to wear it for certain rituals

5 Likes

This was what I wanted to get and this is what I brought…

9 Likes

Nice hat! :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I love the hat. I need to find one made of mushrooms based material heh

6 Likes

Thanks…. Maybe I will buy this one down there track…

5 Likes

Mushroom based material? Never heard of that but sounds organic…

5 Likes

Your hat is cool too, @TheMuslimWitch! Too bad though about the other one, it would have been really pretty.

5 Likes

Yer I know… and I just realised u meant @Temujin_Calidius lol :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Yeah I saw Paul Stammets with one and fell in love. But I need it in the pointy design!

7 Likes

Wow I guess I learn something new every day… who would have thought it was possible…

6 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius have you watched the ability and process of making mushroom bricks for building houses? Omg it is so incredible and sustainable.

7 Likes

Oh, I’ll have to look deeper into the history of the witch’s hat :thinking:

6 Likes

I forgot I bought a hat a while back on Etsy. I still may adapt it some to make it more masculine looking before Halloween. It’s a really nice hat overall. Material and quality is great. The rim is a little large which makes it seem feminine to me (the dummy head doesn’t help).

I love the simplicity of the hat you bought @TheMuslimWitch. What’s the link for that if you don’t mind sharing it.

Forest Witch Hat | Etsy

10 Likes