:witch_hat: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Witch Fashion

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :trophy:

After celebrating the big 1-5-0, the challenge clock has restarted once again, and we’re off! For the 151st challenge, it’s time to open up your wardrobe and rock your favorite magickal look :dress: :sparkles:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

Witch Fashion Style Clothes Challenge

:witch_hat: :ring: Witch Fashion :womans_clothes: :mage:
What does a witch wear?

From ritual robes to a casually Crafty look, there are many ways to wear your love for witchery! :mage:

Clothes and accessories are a form of self-expression dating back thousands of years. There is a lot of power in what one chooses to wear- it can help set first impressions, give a hint about your mood, connect you with like-minded people, make statements, and even inspire certain emotions in those you meet :sparkling_heart:

But not all clothing choices are made for others- plenty of people dress subtly, with concealed jewelry or personal touches that don’t catch the eye of others, but mean the world to the wearer :ring:

However you choose to dress yourself- recognize the power you hold when you reach into your closet!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about magickal fashion - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture of the beautiful @Silverbear shared in Photoshoot Behind the Scenes

STEP 1 : What’s Your Witchy Look? :man_mage:

This challenge is about magickal fashion- but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clothes for the Craft :womans_clothes:

From special robes for rituals to the infamous witch hat- there are many pieces of clothing specific to magick and witchery. But while some clothes are specific to magick, a witch can designate any piece of clothing to assist in or represent their Craft- for magickal workings or simply for self-expression!

• :witch_hat: The Witch Hat

Perhaps the most famous piece of witchy clothing, a witch hat is usually a long, pointed head covering. However, there are many forms- such as witch crowns, different-shaped ritual hats, and more modern versions of magickal hats.

Discussions about witch hats:
The origin of the witch hat
Do you wear a ritual crown?
Cottage Witch Hat
Witch hat finally arrived

• :womans_clothes:Ritual Robes

Discussions about ritual robes:
Is it necessary to wear a ritual outfit?
Witch’s cloak recommendations
Different colored clothes on different days?

• :tshirt: Meditation Shawls

Discussions about meditation shawls:
Brat Bride, Meditation Shawl, and Other Magickal Clothing

• :woman_with_turban:Veiling

Veiling is the practice of covering one’s head as part of their practice. It may be done as a gesture of respect or reverence to a certain deity, to protect the Crown Chakra, or for other religious or spiritual purposes.

Discussions about Veiling:
Started to Veil
Randomness About Veiling

Bipity Bopity Bling :ring:

Accessories have the power to take any look and add a touch of magick- whether you wish to wear powerful symbols of your practice or choose to include subtle hints of witchery with crystals or concealed personal sigils, a small detail can go a long way.

Enchanting Your Jewelry
How-to-enchant-jewelry-360x240

Make a Wearable Protection Amulet
Protection-Spell-Amulet-Enchant-360x240

Discussions about witchy jewelry:
Don’t know what to do with spiritual jewelry
Cleansing jewelry
Best days to wear certain crystals?

Get Your Glamour On :fairy:

You don’t need to break the bank when it comes to witchy fashion- in addition to enchanting items you already have, why not enchant yourself? Glamour Magick (often associated as a type of Fae or Fairy Magick) can help you get the look you desire- by enchanting yourself with beauty and desire :rose:

Glamour Spell for Beauty and Attraction
Glamour-Magic-Spell-360x240

Eternal Beauty Mirror Spell
Easy-Beauty-Spell-360x240

Discussions about glamour magick:
Colors and Glamour Magick
Glamour & Confidence: Candle Spell Ritual

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore witchy fashion in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Picture shared in Crystal Bracelets Crafting

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, July 4 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2023-07-04T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is EDT- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture of the beautiful @MeganB and her Cottage Witch Hat

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

@Ostara’s lovely hat shared in Witch Hat Finally Arrived

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Witch hat and robes, or jeans and a t-
What matters most is that you’re free
So wear the things that make you smile-
You’re a witch with your own style!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :witch_hat: :sparkles:

23 Likes

Never been one for fashion myself. More of the gray man, but I’ll see what I can come up with

And isn’t @SilverBear beautiful!!!

17 Likes

Fun fun fun, Halloween come early :grin:. Time to get the frock out. :joy:

15 Likes

Great timing since I’ve been looking for some new dragon jewelry!

16 Likes

awww ty! :smiling_face:

16 Likes

I’ve been wearing this today but it’s got my dogs pit bull hair all over it :laughing: and I’ve been remodeling my bathroom so it’s kinda dirty but still it’s my favorite sweater. :pentacle_tarot::sparkling_heart::heartpulse:

21 Likes

I’m so excited to see everyone entries :blush:

15 Likes

Yay, this is going to be fun!

14 Likes

I love this statement :woman_mage:

14 Likes

oh goodness… this one might well stump me. :slightly_frowning_face: I am in no way a hat person and have no fashion sense when it comes to clothing, let alone anything ritualistic. I don’t think I own a stitch of witchy clothing… Going to have to put my thinking cap on :thinking:

15 Likes

This sounds like a fun challenge! :blush:
Let’s see what I already have…

• the infamous pointy hat! :sweat_smile: :witch_hat: I once wore it out to a shop, it was Halloween so it wasn’t that weird, just a little! :joy: Other than that, it’s stayed in the closet for now.

• my sarong, that I wear to tantric occasions and occasionally as a meditation shawl. Also fun to dance with :dancer: :heart:

• a few pieces of crystal jewellery

• my mala beads that I consecrated to Kali in a previous challenge :blush:

• a leather bracelet with hearts on it that I crafted myself and imbued with magickal intentions

Also I love wearing a lot of purple, it feels like a vibrational match :purple_heart: Something my tantra teacher pointed out as surprisingly uncommon, and also as another thing we share :blush:

Then there was a fun little synchronicity today that I’d love to share about in a private thread… :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

@Shadeweaver If gray is your chosen color, then wear it with pride, Shadeweaver! :grin: This one is all about finding and owning your own style- you do you, my friend! :sparkles:

@TracyS Woohoo! :tada: And hahaha it is a bit like Halloween in July, isn’t it? :laughing: :+1:

@Kasandra Hooray for more dragon jewelry! One can never have enough pretty shiny things :dragon_face: :heart:

@crystal59 Absolutely love that sweatshirt- and pet hair is a fashion statement all its own! You have a furry friend and are proud of it :laughing: :dog: :heart:

@brandy20 Same here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Ostara I hope so! :grin: :two_hearts:

@Artemisia If nothing comes right to mind, why not do a deep dive of your closet? If you spend some time looking through your clothes and jewelry and other accessories, I think you’ll find there might be some things already there. From moons and stars to floral prints- the clothes you like most call to you in some way. I think you might be surprised at what you find when you look for it :wink: :heart:

@CelestiaMoon You’ve got yourself a really wonderful collection of witchy fashion, Celestia! And you’re smart to look at the colors too- when considering the magickal associations of colors, there’s a lot that can explored about personality and fashion :rainbow: :blush: I hope there are more opportunities in the future for you to rock that pointy hat of yours! :witch_hat: :grinning: :+1:

19 Likes

The wizard’s attire,
It is a basic feature of ritual magic. The garment of the magician represents something specific each time.

By wearing it we will receive certain actions and we will immediately be able to be in the right climate so that we can proceed with the exercise of our magic. Therefore, it must be a careful choice on our part.

In general, the magical garment should speak to me.
If I don’t feel a connection, then it’s not a good fit. When someone belongs to an Order, then they wear specific clothing, of their Order, the symbolism of which of course refers to the specific tradition of the Brotherhood, which the member shares and therefore “speaks” to him.

Thus, this specific magical garment will have a great and positive contribution to the practice of magic for the initiate.
but if you are not initiated into an Order,
You need to choose your personal magical attire, taking certain features into consideration.

You must choose a color scheme that suits your purpose or the general tradition of magic that you follow.

Wearing the color black, we must note, does not in any way mean that malicious magic is practiced.

On the contrary, black is a color that has many positive characteristics (remember how even Orthodox priests wear black cassocks?).

So let’s choose colors we love. The next important element is to wear clothes that are functional, that is, they do not make it difficult for us to perform our routine.

If for example we wish to wear a cloak,
Let’s take care that it is not so long that we can step on it with some ritual steps, nor that it is disturbing in the movements of our hands, so that we do not risk perhaps dropping magical objects or catching fire from a candle.

So in summary, we keep two basic elements: that the garment speaks to us, that is, to feel it is ours, in a personal relationship with it, and that it be functional during our ceremonies. Good luck, in all your benevolent magical practices.

18 Likes

I saw this online store in an Instagram ad and was instantly fascinated, it seems a little pricey but also good quality, I’m curious if anyone here has experiences with them? https://holyclothing.com

14 Likes

Ooo… @CelestiaMoon I agree & love :heart: their fashion :star_struck: I’m saving that one :wink:

Challenge Entry

Currently I have a white hoodie… it’s a light fleece. It has the tree of life in black & some stars then the moon phases around the top of the tree. I do have other tank tops & a sun dress that make me feel all good & witchy too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wear crystal bracelets, different necklaces, as well as different styles of earrings, & 2 keychains that match my meditation beads :prayer_beads: for each of my deities. I’m making my own set of prayer beads too :blush:

I have Brat Bridhe I received as a gift that I wear for comfort or meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:

I have a very soft fleece blanket that says, 100% That Witch & has silouhettes of witches on their broomsticks.

I do have a t-shirt that has dancing skeletons on it & says You Make Me Feel Alive :laughing:

17 Likes

This is great advice :clap: It can be easy to get caught up in all of the details and worrying if an outfit or piece of cloth will be “good enough” for spellwork, but at the end of the day, the most important things are just this! Connection and comfort while you do your ritual work.

Thanks for this, @Airam! :hugs: :heart:

I haven’t ordered anything from them before, but I am looking now! :eyes: :two_hearts: Their clothes look so comfy!

You have quite the collection of fun witchy wear- it sounds like you have a piece for every occasion and mood! :heart: :blush: May your witchy collection continue to grow! :raised_hands: :sparkles: :blush:

13 Likes

Wow Celestia, that’s my kind of store!

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

My new dragon necklace!

Image from Amazon

It was hard to choose which piece of jewelry to try— not enough money! There are dragon earrings where the tail goes through your ear piercing and the rest of the body wraps around your ear. However, my ear piercings have closed and you almost need a stretched earlobe, which I have no desire to have. :sweat_smile:

Image from Amazon

At some point, I’d love a dragon ring.

Image from Amazon

18 Likes

:womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes:

Style Types

• Avant Garde/Artistic
  • Bohemian
  • Cottagecore
  • Emo
  • Everyday/Casual
  • Fairycore
  • Gothic
  • Halloween
  • Hippie
  • Lolita/Kawaii/Cosplay
  • Punk/Grunge/Alternative
  • Renaissance/Romantic
  • Retro/Vintage
  • Sexy
  • Steampunk
  • Witchcore

Clothing Color Magick

• White: Purity, Angelic Guidance, Protection, Transformation

• Black: Repels Negativity, Mysteries, Divination, Beginnings, Balance, Binding, Banishing

• Blue: Healing, Water Magick, Wisdom, Peace, Loyalty

• Green: Abundance, Earth Magick, Fairies, Love, Fertility

• Purple: Intuition, Dreams, Psychic Abilities, Metaphysics, Spirituality

• Yellow: Communication, Solar Magick, Creativity, Life, Prosperity, Humility

• Orange: Energy, Vitality, Opportunity, Confidence, Harvest, Strength, Legal Issues

• Pink: Friendship, Self-Love, Harmony, Femininity, Romance, Creation, Sex

• Red: Passion, Lust, Anger, Ambition, Combat, Self-Esteem, Power

• Gold: Money, Wealth, Power, Royalty, Inspiration

• Silver: Divination, Lunar Magick, Psychic Abilities

• Gray: liminal workings, traversing between realms unseen

• Brown: Security, Animal Magick, Fruitfulness, Grounding, Telepathy

https://themoonlightshop.com/collections/wiccan-clothing
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=witch%20clothing&ref=search_bar
https://us.killstar.com

:womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes: :womans_clothes:

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I thought about this and I’ve decided to enter my Woman In Black costume that I wore last year on Samhain. Here’s why.
First the whole story of Woman in Black is about spirit, which is where most of my witch life seems to be focused.
Second, the story scares the living daylights out of me, which is a reminder to be respectful of spirit and that not all spirit is light.
And finally, we all had a fun time, and it was my first proper Samhain where I left a meal out for my ancestors, so it has a good vibe.

:sparkling_heart::grin:

21 Likes