Cottage Witch Hat 👒 Something New!

Hey everyone! I mentioned in the Zoom for this week’s Group Ritual that I made a new witch hat and I’m super proud of it. I wanted to show everyone, too!

If you crochet and want to make one for yourself, the pattern is here → Morale Fiber Hedge Witch Hat Crochet Pattern

It’s so cute and soft and I really love it. I’ve also added them to my shop if you want a custom one! Seriously, these are so fun to make :laughing:

35 Likes

Thank you! I was just thinking that I haven’t knit or crocheted anything in a while. I just didn’t know what I should make! Perfect timing! :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad I could inspire you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you’ll show us what you make!

9 Likes

I absolutely will. I’m going to look through my yarn now!

9 Likes

Looks nice. How long does it take to make?

11 Likes

This is so cute! It may convince me to try crochet again.

11 Likes

It took me about 3 to 4 hours total, I think. I’m making another one just to specifically track the time it takes :laughing: @Mark01

Do it @Amaris_Bane :partying_face: I’d love to see what you make, too!

12 Likes

So very cute! Great work!

8 Likes

I’ve got a plain black one in this style but this is gorgeous!

I’ve not crocheted in a while but think I may give this a go :grin:

9 Likes

That’s so cool!!! I love the colors, too!!! You’re such a great knitter!! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you everyone!

I’d love to see what you make @IrisW :partying_face:

7 Likes

It’s so cute, @MeganB! :heart_eyes: Really the perfect hat for a cottage witch- and I love the colors you choose for this one. It suits you very well! Thanks for sharing :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Ball of Aran yarn now purchased from Amazon, which I think equates to about the right weight after having a Google, and it should arrive tomorrow. I’ve also got wooden crochet hooks, just need to remind myself of the stitches (and do a conversion from American to English as the stitch names are slightly different).

It’s been a while since I last picked up my crochet hooks so this is going to be a bit of challenge, but it’s good to have something to focus on.

8 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love these colors together! Now I just need a black one to wear with all my outfits :laughing:

Hooray! :partying_face: I can’t wait to see what you make @IrisW! If you need any help feel free to shoot me a message! I will help as best I can :blush:

7 Likes

I started this today as my 2nd act of self love. The first was a healthy trim at the salon today. I’m happy with how it is coming out & the color!

12 Likes

The beginning of it is looking great!

6 Likes

Thank you! It’s been a long time since I have crocheted anything so it feels good & that it’s coming out so great! I haven’t lost it, but I have used crochet for dummies a couple of times :joy:

10 Likes

I could only crochet square things, never round. It was weird. LOL. Anyhow, I haven’t done that for years. Good luck with your hat!

6 Likes

I’ve sat patiently all night and mine is now done.

It’s now gone 1.30am here so I’m packing up and going to bed and I’ll tidy loose threads tomorrow.

I’ve got a stupidly small head so I’m debating whether I can shrink it a little in the wash…

17 Likes

It’s coming along nicely, @Susurrus- great start! :sparkles:

Ahhhh your hat looks perfect on you, @IrisW! :heart_eyes: Wow, you crafted that so quickly, you’ve got a real talent for crochet! :clap::yarn:

8 Likes