Cottage Witch Hat 👒 Something New!

I had to Google a couple of things, including how to make a magic ring :rofl:

9 Likes

The ends are now all woven in and I’m pretty happy with it considering I’ve not picked up my crochet hooks in years!

I wish I’d remembered I had quite loose tension as I’d have used a smaller hook which might have compensated for it being a little on the large size.

Still contemplating whether to try shrinking it a little. It’s an acrylic and wool mix. Any thoughts or tips in that regard @MeganB?

13 Likes

Oh my gosh!

@Susurrus you’re doing an amazing job. It looks great! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love the color you chose!

I love it @IrisW :partying_face: Does that yarn have a bit of sparkle to it or is it just my computer? For future, I think the designer provided a gauge swatch to do so you can check your tension. It’s the worst part of doing other patterns :laughing: but it’s helpful nonetheless! As for shrinking it, I’m not entirely sure. I know acrylic won’t shrink as it’s technically a plastic. I don’t work with wool, though. I’m allergic. Wiki-How has a few ideas you may want to try though → 3 Easy Ways to Shrink Wool - wikiHow

9 Likes

Aww, that looks great on you @IrisW! When I do wear hats I like them big and floppy so I wouldn’t shrink it but that’s just me. But it looks just awesome, both pics!

8 Likes

So cute hats, well done! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Very pretty!

7 Likes

I just have to finish this row & I will try mine on too! :womans_hat:

6 Likes

I’ve started a second one on a smaller hook. Look much better already…

7 Likes

I’m going to add a black satin ribbon & get the yarn to make another one! This one is a wool so it’s soft, but thick.

15 Likes

Very nice! Looks good on you with your hair!

6 Likes

Thank you! I started a black one tonight that I will put a grayish/blue ribbon around. My daughter wants to add purple buttons to it. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

That’ll be pretty!

5 Likes

It’s not sparkle it’s little white flecks. I’m not gonna lie, when I bought the wool on Amazon it was described as denim blue and looked darker, but c’est la vie, I’m working with what I’ve got.

I’ have though just found a ball of red sparkly wool and I think there’s enough there to make a hat so that’s my next project when I’ve finished the one I’m on!

5 Likes

Oh it’s so pretty! It really does look like little specks of sparkle.

I can’t wait to see what the red one looks like!

4 Likes

Everyone here is so amazing! I love that one little post has sparked inspiration in so many of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: everyone’s hats look great!

4 Likes

Attempt number 2 now completed.

I wanted a wider brim so I added a couple of extra rows. And I used a smaller hook so the tension is much tighter.

11 Likes

It looks really nice althoughbypu just started it @Susurrus I bet it will look so beautiful, cant wait to see the finish crafty hat.

5 Likes

Real nice, great job

5 Likes

Looks really nice on you!! :blush:

5 Likes

It looks great @IrisW :partying_face: I love that you made the brim longer!

5 Likes