Cottage Witch Hat šŸ‘’ Something New!

I think may be my favouriteā€¦

10 Likes

OOh sparkly! Very nice!

5 Likes

Hey that looks fantastic! :slight_smile: Thumbs up.

I love the colors.

6 Likes

Oh I love the red @IrisW :heart:

6 Likes

That red is lovely! Great job!

Iā€™m still working on my black one, we had a lot of goings on since Friday so Iā€™m hoping to get more done on it today.

7 Likes

Hey @Draykor75 ā€“ here are some of my hats! :heart: And a few others have made some, too!

4 Likes

Oh! I made a gray one for my sonā€™s girlfriend that went cross country & a black one for my friend in PA. I remember wmenjoying them.

Back to the hunt for my crochet hooksā€¦

5 Likes

Girlā€¦ are you ever going to find them? :laughing:

5 Likes

I think I put them in a ā€œsafeā€ place when my daughter was attempting it. Then they got moved when my oldest moved home & my world of crafting had been downstairs. :rofl:

Watch, theyā€™ve been hiding in plain sight this whole time :joy:

6 Likes

@Susurrus I feel your pain! I crochet and knit like crazyā€¦ I couldnā€™t find all of my hooks ! (Several of my knitting needles are being held hostage by our house sprites, lol) I had a cute mug that I was using for old pens, I dumped the pens and put my crochet hooks in that. :blush: Maybe that would help you in the futureā€¦ when you find them!

@MeganB I didnā€™t swatch at all until recently, I got tired of my projects coming out the wrong size all of the time. I agree though, it is NOT FUN, I just wanna make stuff lol! :laughing:

@Susurrus @IrisW @MeganB I know this post is older, it popped up for me today and I had to say that your hats are so cute!

I saw this pattern a while back. I really should make one. My projects havenā€™t been working out lately, and making a cute hidden-in-plain-site witch hat would be so fun. :woman_mage::black_cat: :broom:

Iā€™m a little overwhelmed by her special row ending trick but Iā€™ll figure it out!

And @IrisW I understand the head size issue, mine is the other way, I have an almost 24ā€ noggin! Iā€™m glad changing the hook size worked for you.

Now to pick out colors from my crazy yarn stash! :rainbow:

7 Likes

@Melora_Fae ā€“ I used to never swatch either but itā€™s so worth it.

And her ending for joining the rows is a bit tricky and I honestly skip it and just slip stitch like normal :woman_shrugging: the seam doesnā€™t bother me.

6 Likes

LADIES!!! I FOUND THEM!!!

@Melora_Fae & @MeganB I put them with my knitting needles then that container was in definite hiding in plain sight ā€œsafeā€ place :laughing: If my husband didnā€™t come home for lunch & raise the coffee table, I never would have looked!

I even found some yarn under there that didnā€™t make it into the huge tote or bag that is downstairs. Now to try actually get my hands to do what I want them to the first time :rofl: & to find that Tarot Bag post :joy:

9 Likes

@Susurrus Iā€™m so glad you found them! Now to find all of my knitting needles, lol. With how many have gone missing, I hope our house spirit is making me one heck of a sweater. :yarn:

@MeganB oh thatā€™s good to know! I need to dig out my yarn. I think I want to go with a heather grey.

7 Likes

Oh Heather Grey, thats a nice one. I have to see what is still upstairs :laughing: Iā€™m going to ask someone to help me bring up the tote for maximum choices :rofl:

@MeganB thats something i would do for an alternative too! Great idea!

6 Likes

Yay! :partying_face: :tada:

I canā€™t wait to see what you come up with :blush: Just take it sloowww lol but good on your husband for lifting up that table.

And crochet seams donā€™t usually bother me unless Iā€™m doing something like a stuffed animal. Then itā€™s too noticeable and throws off the whole shape of what Iā€™m making.

6 Likes

So, in my I donā€™t know what to call it last night, I found out that I actually had already bookmarked the video for the pouches on my YouTube Watch Later! So, now just to pick a few hooks & try out the first one with one of the three colors I found in the table.

Then I found this, itā€™s the last knitting project I did. I just have to add buttons & itā€™s a baby onesie that is like overalls. I remember making it too. My daughter had picked out the color.

A couple of happy moments in my day :heart: :smiling_face:

7 Likes

I love that purple yarn. I think that would make a great tarot pouch! :heart: And that onesie is adorable! I sometimes wish I learned how to knit instead of crochet. I think there are so many more things you can do with knitting than crochet (plus the knitted clothes look way better than crocheted ones lol)

4 Likes

My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was very young, I was making hearts & ice skates for pins & cloversā€¦ little things to sell when we went to the flea markets. My mother taught me to knit when I was in my 20s & I used to make hats & scarves & blankets for the boys. Then I started figuring out circular needles & then clothingā€¦ it was a long process over about 15 years :laughing: I enjoy knitting, but I just have trouble finding patterns that I can doā€¦ like cablingā€¦ canā€™t do itā€¦ I have the cable pins, but nope I canā€™t figure it out. Lol maybe I should try Knitting for Dummies, I have Crochet for Dummies bookmarked because sometimes I have to remember which way the yarn is going :joy:

I was thinking that too! Then I was thinking of the earthy tones one for maybe my Celtic Tree Oracle :thinking: definitely going to start with the purple though for my Moon Deck I think, maybe the Runes deckā€¦ more decisions :rofl:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to knit my own sweater and I found a really awesome pattern that has snakes along the collar butā€¦I canā€™t knit :laughing: Iā€™m thinking of getting really good at Tunisian crochet and learning how to make things that way. It looks like knitting but itā€™s not.

I think the Earth-toned yarn would be good for the Celtic Tree Oracle. Thatā€™s a good idea! :bulb:

5 Likes

So I watched your video, found a couple of othersā€¦ then started with the purple yarn & Iā€™m making a modified wrap for one of my decks. I just havenā€™t decided which one yet :laughing: Then I want to make a pouch type like yours for my Brigid Deckā€¦

I modify them to make them something of my own & different. :laughing: Kind of like spells & blessings. I feel like if Iā€™m making it or saying it, it should be something that I also had something to do with creating for my items.

I am definitely using the earth tones for the Celtic Tree deck. Iā€™m using black for my Morrigan deck. Then I have to go through the tote of endless yarn to see what I have for other decks. :joy:

6 Likes