🕚 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Tactical Magick :dart:

This week marks another milestone in witchy challenge history- it is the 120th witchy challenge here in the forum- wow! :star_struck: As with every ten challenges, the challenge clock has come to a brief halt and challenges of all shapes, sizes, and sorts are open once again :alarm_clock:

Spells8 Weekly Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :timer_clock:

To celebrate the 120th Weekly Challenge something special is happening…

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forum? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for. Well- now is your chance!

This week is a Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

So are you ready? It’s a blast from the past!

On your mark, get set:

CHALLENGE TIME! :bell:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are 109 previous challenge themes to choose from (not including the Catch-Up challenges).

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. Please click the link to visit that challenge page to view details including guidelines, entry suggestions, and inspiration from past coven member entries.

Note that the old discussions for past challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:clock11: Catch-Up XI [this challenge!]
:dart: Tactical Magick – Magickal Strategist
:fehu: All About Runes – Rune Reader
:cloud: Hedge Magick: Into Other Realms – Hedge Witch
:fallen_leaf: Seasonal Magick – Witch of the Season
:raised_hand: Palmistry – Palm Reader
:cauldron: Witch Brews & Potions – Potion Brewer
:fountain_pen: Handwritten Magick – With Hand and Heart
:white_check_mark: Conditional Magick – Master of Circumstances
:1234: Numerology – Numerologist
:clock5: Catch-Up X
:globe_with_meridians: Liminal Magick – Liminal Witch
:game_die: Divining Differently – Divination Explorer
:speaking_head: Multilingual Magick – Polyglot Practicioner
:mending_heart: Wholesome Healers – Healer
:moneybag: Money Magick – Prosperous Witch
:sunglasses: Casual Casting – Casual Caster
:heart_hands: HandCrafting – Handy Witch
:railway_track: A Journey of Change – Doctrina et crescente
:mountain_snow: Mountain Magick: Land Beneath Our Feet – Mountain Witch
:100: Catch-Up IX : The Hundredth Challenge
:sun: Solstice: Festivities of Light – Solstice Celebrant
:shell: Ocean Magick – Sea Witch
:people_hugging: As Above, So Below – One Who Is Connected
:nose: Smells Like Magick – Osmic Occultist
:person_in_lotus_position: Meditation Magick – Magickal Meditator
:hibiscus: Blooming with the Moon - Virent anima
:unicorn: The Bestiary - Cryptozoologist
:couch_and_lamp: Let a Witch Unwind! – Caster of Calm
:hotsprings: Energy Work – Energy Channeler
:clock4: Catch-Up VIII
:diya_lamp: Candle Magick: Light 'Em Up! – Holder of Light
:tornado: Chaos Magick – Master of Chaos
:magic_wand: Tools of the Witch Trade – Well-Equipped Witch
:sunflower: Flower Power – Athrophile Witch
:tea: Teas & Infusions – Tea Witch
:teacher: Teachers of Magick – Student of Magick
:pentagram: Symbols & Sigils – Wielder of Symbols
:broom: Everyday Magick – Carpe diem
:heart: Love Magick – Lovely Witch
:clock3: Catch-Up VII
:tiger: Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese New Year – Favored by Fortune
:performing_arts: Your Magickal Muse – Beloved by the Muses
:deciduous_tree: Sacred Trees and Wood – Custos Arborum
:open_hands: Making Magickal Offerings – Blessed Bestower
:door: Passage Into the New Year – Trailblazer
:blush: The Magick of Happiness – Beholder of Happiness
:sun_with_face: Solar Magick – Solar Mage
:busts_in_silhouette: Freedom in Forgiveness – Magnanimous
:crossed_swords: Dual Wielding Opposite Forces – Unus qui est libratum
:clock2: Catch-Up VI
:sparkler: Spell Swap Meet – Coven Contributor
:angel: Working With Higher Powers - In manibus numinum
:candy: Trick-or-Treat! - Sweet 'n Spooky
:purse: Making Objects Magickal – Enchanter
:sparkles: A Magickal Blessing – Blessed One
:mag_right: Peering into Past Lives – Witch of the Ages
:books: History of Magick – History’s Heir
:shield: Powerful Protection – Powerful Protector
:dancer: The Magick of Music – Bard Witch
:clock1: Catch-Up V
:map: Magick on the Go – Wandering Witch
:handshake: One Witch to Another – Keeper of Knowledge
:salt: Salty Spellwork – Imperium salis
:cyclone: Reading Auras – Aura Reader
:black_cat: Cat Magick – Amicus felium
:yum: Wickedly Delicious – Connoisseur Witch
:bride_with_veil: Deities of the Moon – Blessed by the Moon
:rose: Beauty Magick – Pulchra magicae
:flower_playing_cards: A Touch of Tarot – Tarot Reader
:trophy: The Challenger [50th Challenge] – Challenge Champion
:dragon_face: Dragon Magick – Blessed by Dragons
:prayer_beads: A Healthy Dose of Crystals – Crystal Healer
:notes: Enchanting Chants – Chant Witch
:rainbow: The Many Colors of Magick – Colorful Witch
:timer_clock: Catch-Up IV
:milky_way: Astrology: Reading the Skies - Astrologer
:white_heart: Into the Light - Witch of Love and Light
:black_heart: From the Shadows - Shadow Survivor
:confetti_ball: Congrats to the Coven - Coven Celebrant
:place_of_worship: All About Altars - Reverent Witch
:toolbox: Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary - Apothecarist
:writing_hand: The Wizardry of Words - Word Witch
:paw_prints: Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales - Animalis magum
:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch
:running_woman: Catch-Up III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - Ceiliúradh an tséasúir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch Up II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[You can view the full list of challenges at any time by visiting: Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History ]

How many challenges can I do this week? :thinking:

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week and want to do more than just the usual one challenge, you can do:

Up to THREE CHALLENGES

This limit exists to encourage mindfulness on each challenge- please remember that, although some challenges have similar themes, every challenge requires its own unique entry in order to receive the corresponding badge :medal_sports:

But I want to earn all the badges!

That is awesome- I am so happy that you enjoy the badges so much! :blush:

At the end of the day, badges are just a small token- the challenges are really here to help you improve and enhance your magickal practice. So please try to take your time with your exploration of the theme(s) you choose- they are here for you! :sparkles:

On an administrative note, the limit also exists to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) for all the various challenges at once.

Additionally, challenge enthusiasts and badge collectors can rest assured that another chance to join in on any additional missed challenges will come again soon. Expect another Catch-Up Challenge and catch to earn old badges every ten challenges :+1:

Not sure which challenges you already participated in? :ballot_box_with_check:

Click here to see how to check your current badges

If you can’t remember if you completed a challenge, no worries! You can go to the challenge page and check the entries to see if you submitted.

Additionally, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check your badges:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select “Summary”.
  3. Next, click on “Badges”

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry(ies) to the Challenge :writing_hand:

Please click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

:exclamation: IMPORTANT : Please don’t forget to include the name of the chosen challenge and/or the badge you want somewhere in your post as well!

If you do not include a challenge or badge name with your entry, I will have to use my best guess and you may not get the title you were hoping for- so please be sure to mention it!

After you have chosen an old challenge (or two, or three!), completed your task, and are ready to share- all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please please PLEASE clearly write that it is your entry so that I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new thread in the forum (doing so keeps your entry separate and is a good option if you have a lot to share)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, November 22nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-11-22T06:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and don’t be afraid to delve into a previously unexplored of magick!

:mage: :infinite_roots: :trophy:

Blessed Be!

19 Likes

Just adding a note here for any challenge veterans who may skip right to the comments- the Catch-Up limit has been increased!

With so many previous challenges out there and so many wonderful new folks in the forum, I felt it was time to raise the catch-up limit from two to three challenges! :muscle: :grin:

As always, I’m looking forward to seeing which challenges will be explored this week! :star2:

Good luck to everyone who jumps into a theme(s) this week- Blessed be! :sparkles:

16 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:Catch up week​:smile::smile::smile:
:dancer::dancer:Im so excited i just cant hide it :dancer::dancer:
Yes im singing the song :joy::joy::joy:
I recently had looked at what challenges i had done as i wanted to figure it out to gibe myself time which ones to do so when next catch up challenge came up id be ready​:grin:woop now its time to pull out my list i made of challenges not done :tada::tada::tada::joy:i know im like a spaz getting over excited about the littlest things​:joy::joy::joy:bring on the catch up challenge came up :grin::grin::grin:

12 Likes

120 Weekly Witchy Challenge - catch up

Challenge entry Garnet

1. 003. The Thrifty Witch

Once upon a time we were all baby witches and wanted all the bells and whistles. Until we found out how much $$$ it would cost us.

At this point, we put on our Harry Potter thinking cap :mage: and decided the best way to acquire what we needed, not necessarily what we wanted. So we start with the basics. You don’t have to break the bank to set up a simple altar. Anything is acceptable.

An altar cloth

A pretty napkin as an altar cloth or a pretty piece of fabric will protect your table from wax and can be easily replaced. When you can afford a better altar cloth, then get it.

Pentagram – you can carve it in clay, or draw it with pen and paper to make it by twisting hay. I have a cobalt star that I found somewhere.

The elements.

You can get circular wooden coins at any hobby store. Paint them with the elemental symbol you wish to represent. If you find a smallish branch fallen from a tree, make wood slices as an elemental representation.

Candles?

You can buy expensive candles, or pick some up at the dollar store. I like birthday candles, they don’t burn as long and are economical. I have a tiny candelabra that holds birthday candles. Oh, and candles can be remelted and made into new candles.

Bowls, dishes, salt pot… or symbols

You might consider buying a little girl’s tea set for salt, holy water, etc

Your altar is unique to you and nobody else should be telling you what is right or wrong about it. Those cheap little bottles at the dollar store work well for storing your potions, like Florida water, holy water, etc

Beads, stones, flowers. Symbols

You can use any symbols depicting your beliefs. What you can see becomes real and precious, but the mind, being a most wonderous organ receives messages from the eye and it (the brain) then translates it into the image it ‘thinks’ you see. As for findings from the earth? Old beads, pretty pebbles, a flower or two.

Even sigils make great symbols for your altar.

I have to remind myself to keep it simple or I’d have an altar to rival the Pope LOL!

Just bear in mind that this is your most sacred workspace, devoted to Deity.

Other than that? Have fun!

Blessed be

Garnet

11 Likes

@Garnet great entry & seems like you knew exactly what to do foe your first entry!

I know I’ve missed… at least a few… :rofl: usually I’m much better at the challenges, but had a few bumps along the way.

I’ll have to go through at least the last 10 of them to see which ones I missed… I think there were at least 3… thereay be more… just call me Dory for right now :hugs:

I’m excited to explore some different ones though. I remember being sad I either missed the deadline or couldn’t get to them those weeks.

So, thinking cap is on while I go through & pick them for this week.

@BryWisteria increasing it to 3 is a great idea! Im sure the older through the newest members will have just as much fun & gai ed experience as those who have been able to keep up! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

120 Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch up
Challenge entry #2. Garnet
004 [Earth-Friendly] witchcraft Earth Witch

I decided to do something different.
Instead of what, where, when, who and why?
A few short lines would suffice…

This is what we need to remember…

Earth is our home, our provider, and our protector.

Without it, we would be thrown back to 2 atoms circling

each other forever, in an eternal loop without purpose.

Yes, the earth is responsible for our well-being,
But, we are responsible to do our part.

Plant your seed with love and water

Set it in late spring for your food to grow.

Bide you time, patience is the key,

Watch as your garden grows.

Then, late in summer or early fall,

Gather what the earth so freely offers

Harvest your garden and your will winter stores will grow

Watch the animals, they’ll know where to go.

Harvest your crops from corn to squash. Peas and carrots.

You reap what you sew and now you won’t starve.

The earth provides for her children if we care for Her, with love.

Blessed Be

Garnet

9 Likes

120 [Weekly Witchy Challenge - catch up

Challenge Entry - Garnet

006. Witch Weekly Witchy Challenge - Kitchen Witchery – Kitchen Witch

#3. Challenge entry – Garnet

I decided I would make southern short ribs in an instant pot

In 48 years, I haven’t poisoned Rich yet but you never know…

Fingers crossed…

Ingredients

3 Tb. olive oil

• 1 yellow onion, diced

• 3 carrots, chopped

• 8 whole beef short ribs (I got a rack of ribs, cut in thirds)

• salt and pepper, to taste

• 1/4 C. all-purpose flour

• 1 C. dry red wine

• 2 1/2 C. of low-sodium beef broth

• (Beef bone broth, homemade is best)

• 2 Tablespoons tomato paste

• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme

• 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
instructions - oven
First turn the ribs over and slide a blunt knife under the membrane at one end of the rack, lift to loosen the membrane. Using paper town, hold onto the membrane, and peel it off the back of the ribs. With luck, it should come off in one piece.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

• In a large dutch oven or oven-safe pot with a lid, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Remove veggies to a plate.

• Season the ribs with salt and pepper and coat on all sides with flour. Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pot and turn the heat to high. Add ribs and brown on all sides, about 45 seconds per side. Remove to a plate.

• Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bites of flavor. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.

• Add beef broth, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in tomato paste. Taste broth and add additional seasonings, if needed.

• Add ribs, veggies, and (whole) sprigs of thyme and rosemary to the pot.

• Cover with the lid and place into the oven. Cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours, then reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Ribs should be very tender, nearly falling off the bone.

• Remove the pan from the oven and allow rest for 20 min., with the lid on, before serving. Skim off any fat that has risen to the top of the liquid, before serving.

• Serve ribs over mashed potatoes with a spoonful of sauce from the pot.

• Store leftover short ribs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days depending on the freshness of your ingredients.

**Instant Pot: Turn the IP to the sauté setting. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot. Once hot add onion and carrots and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Remove veggies to a plate. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and coat on all sides with flour. Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pot and turn the heat to high. Add ribs and brown on all sides, about 45 seconds per side. Remove to a plate. Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any browned bites of flavor. Cook for 2 minutes. Add beef broth, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in tomato paste. Taste broth and add additional seasonings, if needed. Add ribs, veggies, and (whole) sprigs of thyme and rosemary to the pot. Cook on Manual/High pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 15 minutes before removing the lid.

Now, wasn’t that a nice recipe?

But guess what? I followed it completely – NOT!

What I really did was: Bought the rack of ribs, striped the membrane, and cut them into thirds. Dumped 2 Tb. oil and a diced sweet onion into the instant pot to soften. Threw in ribs, 1 bottle of honey barbeque sauce(cheat much?), 1 C water, and 1/2 cup ketchup. Slow-cooked it for 3 hrs. Ta Da! Done.

And thank the Goddess, it was great.

And please, believe me, the fact that it turned out good was magick!

Blessed be

Garnet

10 Likes

Challenge entry #1

So i have tried to get a better understanding of what each of my runes mean. I have a rune plate and runes to cast that a friend made me. I wrote out each rune meaning. And did research, which yall know i love, on each aswell.

19 Likes

Challenge Entry #1

Weekly Witchy Challenge: Handwritten Magick. I tried my hand at automatic writing: this was my first attempt.

I began with thinking about a question i wanted to receive guidance about. I was more fuzzy on from whom I wished to receive guidance, whether it was from my higher self, a spirit guide or ancestor. Honestly, I was not sure on which door I should knock,I just knew I did not want to channel a dark entity.

But I haven’t let inexperience and uncertainty hold me back from trying new things before so I jumped in with both feet, or hands, not knowing what to expect.

I knew I was to close my eyes, focus on my breath and try not to think what my hand was doing, to surrender it to whatever force would guide it. I was calm and mildly curious.

I was surprised just how automatic this felt very early on. Whatever i tapped into, whether it was my own subconscious or what i could feel my hand writing like mad and my head fell on chest. It did feel trance-like or dream-like.

I scribbled 3 pages of notebook paper, stopping because the energy became quiite intense…i was scribbling very fast and my heart rate increased. I haven’t had a seizure before but it occurred to me that i was approaching an altered state of some kind so i quit, since this is unknown territory for me.

I was able to discern some words i had no intention of writing “tomorrow,” also “son” and “father.” It is very dream-like and hard to pinpoint a meaning. I will set it aside and come back to it. Perhaps the meaning will come to me in dream.

14 Likes

Challenge Entry #1

I totally missed this challenge, I’ve been busy with crafts for this time of year! Made cute Halloween skirts for my daughter and I, and now I’m working on a dragon wings shawl for her. I have more clothes and gifts to make… I’m always crafting lol!

Anyway I don’t have an official entry since this is closed but it did get me thinking. One thing I’ve done for quite a while now is being aware of the day names. I follow the Norse pantheon, so each day I focus on the God or Goddess and what teachings they have. For example Wednesday is Odin’s day. I focus on learning, wisdom, and insight. Tuesday is Tyr’s day… I try to keep promises on that day, if I have any that I haven’t fulfilled. Friday is Freya’s or Frigga’s day. I focus on romance, the home and hearth, family, etc. Just some small examples. (I need to work more on it. I frequently just go through my days and don’t think much about them.)

I also always use a candle when I do prayers, spells, or rituals. Someday I hope to collect colored ones. For now I use white tea lights. I have a couple of crystals and herbs, and joining Spells8 has helped me be aware of things I can use to boost any workings I do.

Oh! I also frequently choose colors I wear to match the day and what I need. Cool colors for calming, warm for warmth or motivation. Black for protection. Pink for softness and love. I need to get back into that, I haven’t been as mindful about the colors I use.

My daughter and I also recently collected the 2023 Coloring Book of Shadows planners, so that we can both be more aware of the moon phases and astrological changes throughout the year. Being more in flow with things like that I think boosts everything we do. We as humans can get so out of flow with nature. I think the Universe responds in kind when we follow the flow the best that we can, and work in alignment in the things we do and say.

Anyway here’s the website with more information about the planners!

It is definitely my goal to work more with correspondences in EVERYTHING I do!

11 Likes

Oh my goodness, 120 already?! :astonished: It’s time to breakout my spreadsheet and figure out which challenges I missed :laughing:

A challenge limit increase, too?! Score!

You and me both!

This is a great entry for the Thrifty Witch challenge, Garnet! I love all of the suggestions you’ve made here for more thrifty tool options. I think my favorite would have to be an altar cloth. I didn’t buy my altar cloth but I have made one (or two…or three?) I prefer to make them myself because then they get a bit of my own energy added to them :blush:

Psshhhh you’ve been busy healing and recovering (yes, even weeks and weeks ago – all healing is valid!) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m excited to see which challenges you missed and what you decide to share lol

You’ve got a standing ovation from me, Garnet! :clap: :clap: :clap: I’m always a fan of your writing and poetry. I think this really captures the essence of what it means to be eco-friendly and taking care of our Earth :earth_africa:

haha sometimes the fact that we can throw things together and they still turn out good is the magick itself :laughing: That’s my preferred method of cooking!

That rune plate and rune set are so pretty! :heart_eyes: Is it resin? That purple is just amazing :purple_heart:

I’ve never done automatic writing – it’s interesting though! Have you tried it again since? And were you able to discern the meanings of the words you had written down?

I’m gonna need pictures and a pattern :laughing: That sounds like a great project!

12 Likes

Three challenges? Yay! That puts me one step closer to getting all the badges that were given out before I joined the forum.

Since Thanksgiving is only a week away, now would be the perfect time to delve into some Kitchen Witchery! :cupcake:

Tonight is Hecate’s Night, so I think some Moon Magick :full_moon: is in order!

I have been doing some research on Ryujin, Japanese dragon god of the sea, and I’d like to work with him for the first time for the Dealing in the Divine :pray:t3: challenge.

12 Likes

@Garnet, I love the creative ideas you came up with for this one!! I am definitely going to use the little girls’ tea set idea! Brilliant! :heart: :hugs:

10 Likes

Here’s the pattern at Etsy, it’s different than any I’ve used before but super detailed! I finished the wings in Caron Simply Soft yarn, dark blue and sky blue. She’s worn it quite a bit already!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/910336049/

11 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire Hahaha I love your excitement (and song :dancer: :tada:)! It makes me really happy that you enjoy the challenges so much- I’ll look forward to hearing which one(s) you choose to jump into this week! :blush:

@Garnet You’ve got some brilliant ideas for thrifty witchery (along with the most important advice of all- having fun doesn’t cost any money! :partying_face:), a really heartwarming chant to the Earth (you always write so beautifully! :seedling: :heart:), and an absolutely mouth watering recipe for ribs- gosh, when was the last time I had ribs? It’s been too long- thank you for sharing the recipe and cooking tips, Garnet- I like your version! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for sharing your entries!

@Susurrus Hooray! I’m glad you think so- it just felt right with so many challenges out there to do. Hopefully increasing the limit will help new folks get any badges that catch their eye :grinning:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs The lovely Siofra helped move this here- just saying that this lovely entry is noted and will be counted towards the Catch-Up Challenge! Thanks again for sharing your beautiful runes and rune plate- I hope they have been serving you well in your rune work! :heart::relaxed:

@mary25 This awesome entry that missed the deadline was rehomed here by the wonderful Siofra- just noting it and acknowledging that it will be counted toward this Catch-Up Challenge :star2: Thanks again for sharing it, Mary! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Melora_Fae Thank you again for sharing this fun entry towards the Conditional Magick theme, Melissa! The lovely Siofra has rehomed it here- just making a note that it has been received and will be counted towards this Catch-Up Challenge :star2: Thanks again!

@Kasandra I think you’re pretty close to collecting all the badges, Kasandra- I’m cheering you on with the themes you take on this week! I hope you have fun with your magick- good luck and enjoy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Moon Magick :full_moon:

Last night was a difficult night, because I had a huge fight with some of my family members. I might vent a bit in A Sacred Space post later.

But for Hecate’s night, I lit three black candles, left an offering of minced garlic on my altar, and asked the Lady of the Crossroads to bless all of the keys that I owned: car keys, jewelry box key, and key necklace.

Under the waning moon, I then did some shadow work. It was very difficult, but I learned that the accusations thrown at me were not true.
I was thinking of not doing any ritual for Hecate’s Night, but she never fails to bring me peace whenever I need it.

13 Likes

I’m bookmarking that – it’s gorgeous! Thank you :blush:

I’m glad you were able to do something even though you had a rough night with your family members :people_hugging: your offering and ritual to Hekate were successful :heart:

13 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this yesterday but I love catch ups!

And it’s already #120?!?!? That is crazy to think about!

Now to figure out which ones I want to tackle. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry-Trying something new

Ok, full disclosure, I am terrible at meditation. I kid you not, friends and I have been kicked out of yoga class twice for breaking the mood. It wasn’t on purpose what we did to get kicked out, I swear.
I’m terrible at meditation, folks have tried to teach me, it just doesn’t stick, because I sit still, and my brain Will. Not. Shut. Off. Never have a problem any other time, but I sit still and try to meditate and one of a few things happen. My to do list is first of mind and will not put itself aside. Something happens that breaks my focus, the phone rings, a thought wanders by, etc.
Based on everything I’ve learned here that meditation helps with spell work, I figured ok, let’s give this another shot. I tried the first mediation in the meditation course, and I made it at least a few minutes before the to do list wandered back in. Progress, I think.

11 Likes

That’s definitely progress! :clap: Congratulations!

One thing that I always remind myself of is that meditation isn’t about quieting the mind, necessarily. It’s more about acknowledging the thoughts that come into your mind, saying I see you, and then letting them go. :wind_chime: It gets easier with time!

9 Likes