:cauldron: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Brews & Potions

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Handwritten Magick :fountain_pen:

No break for our hands this week- but set down the pens and ink, as it’s time to stir and pour and mix instead! :cauldron::sparkles:

The theme for this week’s challenge is inspired by the witchy season and is…

Witch Brews Potion Making Challenge Spells8

:cauldron::sparkles: Witch Brews & Potions :bowl_with_spoon: :test_tube:

Double double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble-
It’s time to make exciting potions and magickal brews!

It’s been over two years since our previous Potion Making Challenge- we are bringing this theme back as we celebrate the witchy season and count down the days to Halloween and Samhain! :jack_o_lantern: :candle:

What is a Potion?

A potion is a combination of ingredients and magickal intent. It can be something consumed, applied topically, added to a ritual bath, diffused into the air, or used as a spell enhancement. Potions come in as many forms and have as many properties as there are types of magick!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s theme challenges you to explore brews and potions - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 1 : Making Potions :bowl_with_spoon:

This challenge is all about witch potions and brews- there are many ways you could go about exploring this theme!

Still not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few suggestions in which a witch might approach this challenge! :sparkles:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:open_book: Potion Making 101

New to the world of witchy potions? If so (or if you’re just in need of a refresher!) a great way to jump into this challenge is by building your brewing foundation. Read through some potion-making guides and share some knowledge as your challenge entry!

You can also check out the previous potion challenge- be sure to check out the entries shared by your fellow coven members, as there are some great recipes and inspiration there!

:cauldron: Make a Potion or Brew

Ready to get brewing? Here are some suggestions of potions and brews you might make for this challenge! If you don’t see a recipe that calls to you, feel free to tweak or adapt an existing recipe or write your own! :scroll:

:raised_hands: …And More!

As always, you are free to draw on your creativity and pursue the theme of conditions and circumstances in magick in ways that suit your unique magickal practice :blush:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Please click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

For your entry to be counted towards the challenge, please share:

1. How you explored/crafted potions and brews this week

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new thread in the forum (doing so keeps your entry separate and is a good option if you have a lot to share)

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, October 11th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-10-11T05:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

In your cauldron, in your kettle
Born in glass, stone, marble, metal
Bubble, stir, then mix and wait-
Blessed potions you’ll create!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Good luck and blessed brewing! :cauldron: :sparkles:

23 Likes

Yay, I’m so excited about this one! I’ve missed doing challenges and especially all of you!! :heart_eyes:
Love to all,
BrightBear :heart: :cauldron: :heart: :sparkles:

16 Likes

I’m excited about this one!! I was just thinking that there are a few things I want to make this weekend, and then I see this. It was meant to be.

15 Likes

I am really excited for a potion over blessings, healing and love!
Jeannie

15 Likes

This will be a great week to try some Dragon Oolong tea for the first time! :blush:

17 Likes

@BryWisteria hmmmm which would u like? How many would u like? Lmao

14 Likes

My Challenge Entry:

Under the title, “Home-Brewed Concoctions,” I make creams and ointments for personal and family use. I’ve compounded professionally, and it’s a hobby of mine. The attached picture is from an old label.

Recently, I started mixing aromatic oils & herbs for agents to help one relax and induce quality sleep. My elderly father loves the aromatic blend.

21 Likes

I am excited to join on this one. The majority of my workings are candle or word-based so this will be a good stretch.

17 Likes

Challenge Entry

Hmmm making brews and potions isn’t something that I thought that I really incorporated into my practice. But in a way I guess that I do if I thought about it properly. Every full moon I like to set up a batch of Moon Water.

Sometimes I use spring water, sometimes if I have made the effort to go and collect some I use sea water. What I have been doing lately with my moon water rituals is to use this moon water to make a crystal elixir. I put a crystal or crystals that I wish to imbue its energies into the moon water inside a glass jar and then I set that glass jar into my water under the full moon.

Some crystals are not water safe!!! I would not advise submerging crystals in water for an extended period of time. Most quartz varieties are ok. But I prefer to err on the side of caution. Then at least this way if drinking your moon water is something you’d like to do. You’re all good.

This method still allows the crystal energy to be transmitted into the water plus a bonus they are charged and amplified by the power of the full moon at the same time.

17 Likes

@BrightBear Yay BrightBear, welcome back! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Lots of love to you too!

@Amaris_Bane Things have aligned- I hope you have a lovely time brewing up whatever fun potions were on your mind! Good luck and blessed potion making, Amaris! :cauldron:

@Jeannie1 That sounds like a great intention for a potion- blessed crafting, Jeannie! :sparkles:

@Kasandra Ohhhh pour me a cup too- that sounds amazing! :dragon_face: :tea::sparkles:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs Hahaha you’re in your element here, Christeena- feel free to whip up anything that calls to you! Blessed brewing, my friend! :test_tube: :grinning:

@Wysteria_Norn Look at that awesome label- and it sounds like it’s got some beautiful magick inside! Goodness knows potions and concoctions for quality sleep are in high demand, it sounds like you’ve got some lovely recipes, Wysteria! Thanks for sharing :blush::two_hearts:

@Ben1 Your talents with candles and words can enhance any potion work you venture into, Ben! Light a candle and say some powerful words over your mixture or brew and it’ll be sure to help imbue your intention :muscle: Wishing you all the best- good luck! :candle::sparkles:

@Jessica72 Crafting moon water definitely counts as a potion in my book- and it sounds like you’ve developed a really wonderful routine for charging your water! Thank you for the friendly warning and safety note about crystals in water- it’s definitely an important thing to consider when making mixtures that involve crystals :gem::pray:

17 Likes

@BryWisteria oh Bry this is gonna be fun. And im gonna have some goodies for ya

14 Likes

I should have written down all the spells I make up when a situation presents itself. For example, I’ll be walking down the street and a car will be driving at excessive speed, there is a little squire in the middle of the road, so I will make up a spell like this:

*Little Squire, little squire run away, there is a car coming your way...*
                 Little Squire, little squire I do not want to see you die today*

Something like that.

I did see a spell on Charmed I would like to use as this *Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Brews & Potions. *
I have not made it to two (2) challenges, and I am determined to get this one in on time. The two (2) I missed are done and just sitting there, I forgot to post both of them…?

Medea

16 Likes

Thank you :white_heart: i love the weekly witchy challenges.

14 Likes

Goodies!!! :star_struck: It’s like Halloween is coming early here in the forum- I can’t wait to see what you’ll have in store, Christeena! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It sounds like you have a talent for coming with spells in the heat of the moment- that is some fast thinking spellwork, Medea! :clap: And a really sweet chant to save a furry friend too :chipmunk: :sparkles:

Perhaps the posts are in your Drafts folder? If the entries are all ready, feel free to hold onto them for a bit longer- you can share them during the Catch-Up Challenge if you’d like! :blush:

The pleasure is all mine, Ashley- I’m really happy if you enjoy the challenges! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Blessed be!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Oh i didnt take any pictures but I made an autumn simmer pot. It had apple slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, chamomile, vanilla, almond extract and water. Oh it smelled so good. If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know.

19 Likes

I would love the recipe!

12 Likes

Thank you for your encouraging words. There is nothing that comes before Spells 8 except for my kids, gkids & my health, and that is only if I cannot physically do “things”. Of course, that is what happened this last (2) weeks. Now I am back on track (magick willing…lol). Yes, I did keep both challenges, they were finished, and I also thought about the Catch-up Challenge, too.
Have a Blessed and safe day,
Medea

13 Likes

Witch Brews & Potions Challenge Entry: “Glamour” An Anti-Aging Potion

I’m excited and a little nervous to share in this challenge since this is my first time posting here. I have been working on potions in my practice for some time now. Personally, this past June I turned 38 and wanted to create a herbal remedy to help me beat back those ticking hands of time. This is a daily infused anti-aging oil that I created that I call “Glamour”.

Ingredients:

• Rose Petals & Rose Absolute EO - Antioxidant Powerhouse, Healing Hydrator, Wrinkle Eraser, & Redness Soother.
  • Rosehips & Rosehip EO - Antioxidants like vitamins A and E, Combat visible sun damage and helps prevent photoaging.
  • Horsetail - Anti-aging benefits and has been proven to increase skin elasticity, tighten the skin, and improve skin texture.
  • Rosemary EO - Diminish the skin-damaging effects of free radicals and contain anti-aging properties.
  • Lavender EO - Skin Soother and Increases collagen production.
  • Safflower Oil - Fast absorbing. Works to minimize the appearance of aging, as it also works to help restore the collagen that was lost due to environmental factors like UV exposure and free radicals.
  • Olive Oil - Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains antioxidants that help protect against free radicals.
  • Rose Quartz - Rose Quartz is the stone of universal love. Rose Quartz dispels negativity and protects against environmental pollution, replacing it with loving vibes.

I personally infused the herbs in a Levo machine but this can all be placed in a jar and left to infuse for 1 complete moon cycle. I even place the oil out under a Dark Moon for extra banishing and renewing energy.
Screenshot (233)

23 Likes

Challenge Entry

Finally figured out what to do for the challenge. I worked on it n figured ingredients and am making two potions for this challenge in form of teas for magical intent. :

1st potion is to help to improve my situation at work with ingredients to help promote success n prosperity, protect against negative energies and helping to bring courage in the situation to not be taken advantage of.

2nd potion is related to my meditation practice with not only herbs to help calm and altered state but also to protect while journey states from negative energies n spirits and help remember any lucid dreams may have.

I wasnt sure what to do at first but im excited that i figured out what to do. . Im making a cup of meditative one to have now. Just boiling kettle😁

17 Likes

@ashley69 Welcome to the forum - you knocked it out of the park on your first challenge — you can tell you have some experience with EO’s and potions, NICE! I love the Glamour potion you created although I have never used horsetail in this type of potion before, I have in a night time potion - is it an oil or what form of horsetail are you using for this?

I have looked at the Levo machine for a while and didn’t know if it was worth the money or not, I love the concept of not having to wait so long for the end result in some instances! How long have you had it, do you personally recommend it?

A hearty welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you better as time rolls on! :brown_heart:

15 Likes