šŸŒ€ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Reading Auras

Merry meet to all!

Thanks again to everyone who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Cat Magick :black_cat:

Blessed by feline-kind (and with all the fur-nomenal puns behind us :joy_cat: ) itā€™s time to be aware and learn how to read the roomā€¦ and all those in it.

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge was suggested (a while ago, but not forgotten!) by the kind-heartered @Susurrus and isā€¦

:cyclone::woman_juggling: Aura Reading :rainbow::low_brightness:

Can you sense things that go unnoticed by others? Are you able to pick up someoneā€™s vibe immediately when you meet them? Or perhaps you see a haze, colors, or lights around other people?

While there is some technology (such as cameras that capture auras), the easiest and most traditional way to see auras is through learning a method and seeing them for yourself! :eyes:

Whether itā€™s a visual sight or with a deeper sense- you may have gift of being able to read auras.

Source: Aura Photography

What is an aura?

The word ā€œauraā€ stems from Greek, and in both Greek and Roman mythology, there was a minor deity with the name Aura who was associated with the breeze and flow of wind.

From Wikipedia: Aura (Mythology)

Everywhere we go, we perceive other peopleā€™s energy on the auric field. To put it simply, an aura is a vibrant ray of color composed of energy that flows around living things. Stemming from the Greek word for ā€œbreeze,ā€ our auras indicate our moods, emotions, and overall vibe.

From Oprah Daily: Aura Colors and Meanings

What do auras look like?

While some say auras have seven different layers, neither Firester nor Hanekemp see them that way. Similar to the rainbow-hued aura portraits, they see them as splotches of colors around people. And just like each reader sees auras differently, they also might see different colors and interpret them differently as well.

From Well and Good: What is an Aura?

Some may have the gift of sensing aura- either through seeing colors or sensing something beyond the physical plane- since childhood :baby: . Others may begin to see auras at any point in their life :blonde_woman: :woman_white_haired:.

While some have a natural ability for aura reading, those who have not done so before donā€™t need to worry- as it is possible to learn how to read auras :open_book: :rainbow:

This weekā€™s challenge is all about exploring aura readings- so are you ready?

Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 : Reading Auras :cyclone:

Reading auras comes naturally to some but can be learned by others. No matter if you are a beginner or an aura-reading pro, feel free to use the following suggestions to help you get a sense for this challenge.

Here are just a few ways that you might approach this challenge:

:man_juggling: Try an Aura Reading

If youā€™ve never done it before, why not give aura reading a try! You can find your own aura or examine the aura of someone else. There are many guides out there for reading auras.

ā†’ How to Read an Aura- a quick guide on YouTube:

ā†’ @Christina4 shared tips for How to Read Auras
ā†’ Chakra Anatomyā€™s guide on How to See Auras

Note that different methods may or may not work for different people- and building any new skill takes time! If youā€™d like to learn how to read auras, it is recommend that you experiment and practice with different methods to find one that works best for you.

:rainbow: Meaning of the Colors

Some aura readers see colors or layers of colors around people- and each colors carries a different meaning.

Some Aura Color Meanings:

Note that individual readers may associate different meanings with different colors- trust your instincts and impressions as you read!

White

This shows a well-balanced personality, one that is calm and open to possibilities. White is the rarest of all aura colors.

Gray

Gray auras can show skepticism and uncertainty about others. They often see the glass half empty.

Brown

A brown aura often denotes a selfish persona.

Black

A black aura can show a dark energy which is often pessimistic and unkind.

Red

Passions run high with those who have a red aura, as they live by their desires and emotions.

Orange

Creativity is key for those who have an orange aura. Their artistry brings peace to them.

Yellow

Those with yellow auras are high energy and exude optimism.

ā€“>More color meanings can be found at the source: Aura Colors and Meanings

Aura Color Chart
Source: Pinterest

For those who are interested in the magickal meanings of colors, you can explore more color meanings and other magickal color interpretations in Color Magick Correspondences and the previous Color Magick Challenge :art:

:open_hands: Awareness and Empathy

Do you consider yourself to be an Empath? For many, reading auras is closely tied with the abilities of an Empath- as seeing auras and expericing the emotions of those around you both rely on being aware and sensitive to your environment.

Oftentimes Empaths are Aura Readers (and vice versa)- but this isnā€™t always the case!

For this challenge, feel free to explore auras through the eyes of an Empath- feeling, sensing, and even taking on the emotions and energy of those around you. There are benefits but dangers too- so be sure to practice carefully and shield yourself as necessary! :shield:

ā†’ Are You an Empath?
ā†’ Empath Smokeless Shielding Spray

:sparkles: Cleanse Your Aura

Some believe that auras can take on negative energy or be influenced by outside forces.

There are many ways to cleanse and/or purify yourself. Here are few to consider:

ā†’ :herb: Cleansing with Palo Santo

ā†’ :tea: Cleansing Chamomile Tea Meditation

ā†’ :salt: Elemental Protection and Cleanse with Salt

ā†’ :bathtub: Cleanse & Protect: A Bath Spell

:raised_hands: ā€¦And More!

There are as many ways to approach this challenge as there are colorful auras out there- feel free to be creative!

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To enter this challenge, please share:

1. Your experience exploring aura readings

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, August 17th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-08-17T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

If you peer beyond what most eyes can see, in colors and sensations you may find true clarity!

Happy aura readings and blessed be! :cyclone: :heart:

21 Likes

This is a good one for me as Iā€™ve been trying to get my aura sight :cyclone: back for a while; as a child I could see them so clearly, not just colours, but textures, strengths and projection distances too but sadly it faded over time, now I just have a senseā€¦

But Iā€™m positive it will return one day :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Screenshot 2021-08-11 064404
Rebecca Ferguson as Jenny Lind in The Greatest Showman

Screenshot 2021-08-11 064455
Rebecca Ferguson as Jenny Lind in The Greatest Showman

Last year I wrote about a summer fling that helped me embrace my path concerning Wicca. :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon: It was by her magic I was able to smell :nose:t4: things again after years and years of not being able to. It was by our magic that I could eat things I was deathly allergic :skull_and_crossbones: to without harm. And it was our magic :sparkles: that allowed me to communicate with her and her newborn over vast distances through emotions we would send each other.

The first time we met in person, after talking online in a serious way since May 2020, was 26 June 2020. When I saw :star_struck: her in person, I saw a shimmering :white_circle: white light around her body. (I know the above shots from The Greatest Showman are the result of the light bouncing off of the actressā€™s stunning dress, but that white refection in the pictures is the best way for others to visualize what I saw.)

The light around her never left in the time I knew her and it was so bright to me that I could actually see her in the dark. I ended up nicknaming her Nightlight :bulb: and I always believed that the glow I saw meant she was my soul mate - the one I had been looking for.

Well, part of that was true. Since I was about 8 I had been looking for her thanks to a :sleeping_bed:t4: :thought_balloon: dream. But she was wise enough to know our story would end quickly and she was merely the light :flashlight: that pointed my way forward. She would say the blue :large_blue_circle: light she could see around me told her I was destined for someone that could embrace the kind love :heart: I offer.

Do you want to know something amazing, something only a deity like The Lady or Selene could pull off? A person I knew, I believe :thinking: I actually talked to in passing while dating my summer fling, started talking to me in earnest around (late?) May of this year. :open_mouth: On 26 June 2021 she told me she loved me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - the first time she told me. I could never have planned any of this.

I survived a dark time with the help of so many here. :infinite_roots: I survived it thanks to my :cat2: cat. I also survived it thanks to my experience from last summer warning me what was coming - the darkness ahead of me - and the hope it gave me that I would come out the other side meeting my true soul mate. :heart_eyes: Many of you have been here for me over past last year as I have changed and grown as a person. And just as things started turning the corner to finally being good again, I met my soul mate, actually my :fire: :fire: twin flame.

My story about seeing an aura - the only one I have ever seen - is a story of me seeing a light in the darkness that pointed to the love of my life. (And, hopefully, my :ring: future wife.)

20 Likes

@praecog29 Thank you for sharing your story with us! I would love to be able to see auras as clearly as you saw Nightlightā€™s :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I canā€™t really see auras at this point, but I can definitely sense peopleā€™s energies. As far back as I can remember, Iā€™ve always been very sensitive to the energies that other people give off. The first time I meet someone, thereā€™s something about me that just intuitively knows the character of a person ā€“ whether theyā€™re a good or bad person, or someone I can trust or not. Iā€™ve only been wrong about my initial assessment of someone a handfull of times in my life.

I can tell when my parents are home or not because I can feel their presence. When they go outside the house, I can still tell theyā€™re there, but something that I canā€™t describe feels different and indicates that theyā€™re not in the house but still nearby.

I have a few friends that Iā€™m particularly close to, and I can sometimes sense their emotions from hundreds of miles away.

This week, Iā€™m going to try to see if I can learn to actually see these auras/energies in addition to feeling them ā€“ Iā€™m excited about this weekā€™s challenge :heart_eyes_cat:

14 Likes

As @Jewitch said, for as long as I can remember I have been able to sense what people are feeling or their true intentions. I have really only been wrong about them a handful of times also. I get strong feelings from people & will take on their energies.

Iā€™m excited about this weekā€™s challenge. Thank you! :star2:

10 Likes

Huh. This one is going to be weird for me to do. Iā€™ll have to look into it, aura reading is not easy for me.

8 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to enjoy this one. Iā€™m sensitive to the energy around me. I work in a mental health clinic and by the end of the day, Iā€™m emotionally drained to say the least. Almost all my life Iā€™ve seen a haze around people, though not all. Incidentally, Iā€™m at a doctor appointment and I looked at the gentleman across from me and he has a thin white aura around him, another gentleman has a blue one

11 Likes

When I saw this weeks challenge I had a moment of dread. I have not attempted to see auras yet but I like others have always had what I refer to as gut feelings about people. In my current situation with my grandkids I have been experiencing a lot of negative surrounding a man that latched onto my daughter only weeks after the thing happened. This man to me feels off and dark and I have been doing all I can to protect my grandkids from him with protection spells. He tells them when he sees me he is afraid of me. So for my part I am going to find someone without dealing with the darkness to try and focus on.

10 Likes

This will be interesting for me to do. Iā€™m very much an empath. I can sense the energy of people around me and tend to absorb their energy. Iā€™ve been veiling as a way of protecting my own energy when Iā€™m out in public and around certain negative-energy friends. As others have mentioned, Iā€™ve always been able to judge someoneā€™s character almost immediately, and Iā€™ve yet to be proven wrong. Iā€™ve had people who look sketchy/dangerous that I know are good people and vice-versa.

Iā€™ll definitely be doing research on this topic and see if I can actually see peopleā€™s auras and start associating colors with my feelings.

Thank you for the suggestion @Susurrus and the challenge @BryWisteria!

8 Likes

I canā€™t I say I have ever been able to tell what color someoneā€™s aura is, but I can sense what kind of mood someone is in.
Iā€™m going to have some free time this weekend, so maybe I can learn how to see what color someoneā€™s aura is before I go grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday.

7 Likes

Praecog29,
Such a beautiful love story, and I love how in your soul mate lites up even though the darkness.
Itā€™s encouraging to hear about the evidence in her her life that shines! Night light is a inspiration to me and others here. I will think of her night when the lights are off!
I want to to thank for sharing your love :heart:You inspire the light Thatā€™s what makes you both, compatible!
Jeannie

8 Likes

That means you are doing something right. Good for you

7 Likes

I think the fact that you still have the sense is a really good sign @Abs53- I bet with some practice you can reignite your full ability to see the colors and textures of auras :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The light you saw appeared when you needed it most and lead you to where you wanted to be (and who you wanted to be with)- thatā€™s an amazing story, @praecog29! :heart::blush:

It sounds like your sense of a personā€™s character could very well be a form of reading auras, @Jewitch, and thatā€™s amazing that you can sense emotions even across the miles! :star_struck: Wishing you the best of luck with working on your sight ability, but it sounds to me like you already have a very strong sense of reading auras and energies- good for you! :blush:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Susurrus- thanks again to you for the suggestion! :heart:

Wishing you good luck, @Amethyst! :blush: And no worries- if seeing or sensing auras isnā€™t something that clicks with your practice, feel free to explore the colors and energy of different peopleā€™s auras in different ways. Perhaps a chant on different colors that people/deities show, or about the colors of moods. You are a very creative soul- let your talents shine in any way youā€™d like! :sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you have a finely attuned sight when it comes to auras, @Peaches- I imagine it can help with your work in the clinic! Thatā€™s an amazing ability, thanks for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No stress and no worries, @SharonD- it sounds like you naturally have a very strong sense of peopleā€™s energies and auras! This ability seems to be helping you know when and where to do your protection spells- and it sounds like your sense is right on. Wishing you and your loved ones to stay safe and be well! :pray:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Amaris_Bane- it sounds like reading energies and sensing auras may come naturally to you! It does seem like Empaths and Aura Readers overlap in abilities at times. Wishing you the best with your veiling- looking forward to hearing about your experience exploring auras and colored energies! :heart:

That sense is a sign that you have strong intuition, @Kasandra- it may very well be how auras present themselves to you! Wishing you the best of luck with your exploration of colors and auras, though it sounds like you already have a talent for sensing! Enjoy! :blush:

9 Likes

Since a few folks have expressed hesitation about this theme (and thatā€™s absolutely okay- not every theme will align with everyoneā€™s practices!) Iā€™d like to offer a bit of encouragement:

Like many aspects of magick, auras may present themselves in different ways to different people.

Some folks may have a sight- seeing colors, textures, patterns, etc. with their visual sight or as seen in dreams.

Others folks may have a sense- feeling emotions, intuitive triggers, or other sensations that can be hard to describe about someone or something.

Others may have different opinions, but I believe that thereā€™s not one way of experiencing auras/energy that is better or worse than another method

If you can see colors or a haze- fantastic! If you have razor-sharp instincts or a great intuition that tells you things- wonderful! If you donā€™t see or sense anything at all but gave it a try- great for you!

Challenges are all about exploring and trying things- itā€™s not about ā€œsucceedingā€ at seeing/sensing auras, success here is all about learning something new :grin::+1:

I felt like I may not have expressed that clearly in the challenge post- if so, apologies! But I hope that anyone who was on the fence about giving it a go in any way, shape, or form feels a bit more confident now!

Good luck and have fun with auras! :rainbow: :cyclone:

11 Likes

Im currently reading a book on auras right now! And I cant wait to share my review on it with everyone :slight_smile:

I have attempted to read my own aura several times and tried to read others but was never successful at it. I know it takes a lot of practice and patience!

10 Likes

Thanks for the great sources!!!
I know itā€™s hard to read auras! You have to relax your eyes and look down your nose to kinda go cross eyed a bid then quickly hold your hand out right under your nose and try to see if you can find a color either outside the hand or (like me) in between both handsā€¦but the same hand.
I can easily go cross eyed :joy: I learned how to do it at a young age!
But I hope this helps. Oh, also if you try to do it to yourself in a mirror, use a dimly lit light. And wear light colored clothing. These are tips that helped me anyway. Hopefully youā€™ll get there soon!!!

7 Likes

Keep practicing!!! Iā€™m amazed that you could see all that!! Thatā€™s a talent I wish I had! I can only see color.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s so beautiful! Maybe one day Iā€™ll have what you do! Iā€™ve always dreamt of my prince charming. But as I grew in the dating world, I learned that he doesnā€™t exist anymore or at all.

Itā€™s funny because I did a past life regression and my soulmate passed away and even afterwards in that life, I havenā€™t loved since.

5 Likes

Youā€™re definitely a clairsentient!! I am too. I canā€™t tell if someones home though!! Thatā€™s neat!!!

6 Likes

Thanks @christina4 @BryWisteria, I really hope it does. When I was younger I was told I was imagining it and not to talk about it as it was ā€œembarrassingā€, I think thatā€™s why I lost it. :sweat_smile::upside_down_face: Damn it, Mum! :joy::joy:

6 Likes