šŸ• Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Merry meet to all!

Thanks again to all of the free spirits who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Magick on the Go :map:

After letting our magick roam far and wide, itā€™s time for a much-deserved rest. The challenge clock comes to a stop this week for a chance to make up on lost time.

The theme for this week isā€¦

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :timer_clock:

To celebrate the 60th Weekly Challenge something special is happeningā€¦

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forums? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Picture from Time Spells

Are you ready? Itā€™s a blast from the past!

Hereā€™s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are 55 previous challenge themes to choose from.

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below. For details about each challenge including rules, guidelines and inspiration click the link to visit that challenge page.

Note that the threads for the old challenges will remain locked- please share your comments and entries here or in a new post!

:clock1: Catch-Up V [this challenge!]
:map: Magick on the Go ā€“ Wandering Witch
:handshake: One Witch to Another ā€“ Keeper of Knowledge
:salt: Salty Spellwork ā€“ Imperium salis
:cyclone: Reading Auras ā€“ Aura Reader
:black_cat: Cat Magick ā€“ Amicus felium
:yum: Wickedly Delicious ā€“ Connoisseur Witch
:bride_with_veil: Deities of the Moon ā€“ Blessed by the Moon
:rose: Beauty Magick ā€“ Pulchra magicae
:flower_playing_cards: A Touch of Tarot ā€“ Tarot Reader
:trophy: The Challenger [50th Challenge] ā€“ Challenge Champion
:dragon_face: Dragon Magick ā€“ Blessed by Dragons
:prayer_beads: A Healthy Dose of Crystals ā€“ Crystal Healer
:notes: Enchanting Chants ā€“ Chant Witch
:rainbow: The Many Colors of Magick ā€“ Colorful Witch
:timer_clock: Catch-Up IV
:milky_way: Astrology: Reading the Skies - Astrologer
:white_heart: Into the Light - Witch of Love and Light
:black_heart: From the Shadows - Shadow Survivor
:confetti_ball: Congrats to the Coven - Coven Celebrant
:place_of_worship: All About Altars - Reverent Witch
:toolbox: Holistic Magick: A Witchā€™s Apothecary - Apothecarist
:writing_hand: The Wizardry of Words - Word Witch
:paw_prints: Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales - Animalis magum
:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch
:running_woman: Catch-Up III
:art: Magick in the Arts - Art Witch
:star: Star Magick - Shining Bright
:footprints: Your Magickal Roots - Peritus viatorem
:small_blue_diamond: Elemental Mastery - Master of All Elements
:mountain: Of the Element Earth - Earth Elemental
:fire: Of the Element Fire - Fire Elemental
:seedling: From Seed to Sprout - CeiliĆŗradh an tsĆ©asĆŗir
:wind_face: Of the Element Air - Air Elemental
:ocean: Of the Element Water - Water Elemental
:alarm_clock: Catch Up II
:scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
:partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
:new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
:yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
:bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
:gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
:hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
:candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
:spiral_calendar: Catch-Up I
:honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
:crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
:alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
:open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
:full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
:pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
:cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
:sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
:dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
:money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
:compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
:star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter

[You can view this list at any time in the main forum by visiting Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History ]

Picture from Pixabay

How many challenges can I do this week? :thinking:

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week, you may decide to do up to two challenges to collect those titles.

This limit is just to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) - but no worries! Another chance to join in on any additional missed challenges will come again soon :+1:

Picture from Pixabay

Not sure which challenges you participated in? :ballot_box_with_check:

No worries! If you canā€™t remember if you joined a challenge, you can check that challengeā€™s Props and Presents page in the Activities Category to view everyone those who completed the challenge.

Or, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select ā€œSummaryā€.
  3. Next, click on ā€œBadgesā€

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

Picte from Charmed

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusitivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below

• :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. (If so, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that it can easily be found!)

:exclamation: IMPORTANT: please donā€™t forget to include the name of the chosen challenge and/or the badge you want somewhere in your post as well!

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, September 14th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-09-14T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

The clock has stopped so the door of missed opportunities can open once again- spread your wings and donā€™t be afraid to delve into a previously unexplored of magick!

Blessed be! :clock1: :heart:

14 Likes

Chosen challenge by @anneshakargupta

:handshake: One Witch to Another ā€“ Keeper of Knowledge:- Everyone knows that Britain attracts me and I love Britain. I have only one aim to serve my lord England because England is containing the energy of the multi-universe and it is life to me. So when ā€œCovidā€ attacks England, then I was overwhelmed with anxiety about how to save my love, my England? Many non-magical people told me that I donā€™t have that power, but that was the moment when I looked into myself and one day found ā€œGerald Gardnerā€ and how he attacked ā€œAdolf Hitlerā€ from entering into the UK. I believe that following his way, I can bring changes for the better sake of my England. I read the article ā€œOperation Cone of Power: When British Witches Attacked Adolf Hitlerā€ and designed my own ritual to send positive energy from my England so that the country stay safe always and this is my only aim.

Reference:- METCALFE, TOM, (OCTOBER 18, 2016), Operation Cone of Power: When British Witches Attacked Adolf Hitler, https://www.mentalfloss.com/, Operation Cone of Power: When British Witches Attacked Adolf Hitler | Mental Floss

:dragon_face: Dragon Magick ā€“ Blessed by Dragons:- I am a Dragon-Rider and Drogon loves me. So, I always chant this for the protection of me and my loved ones:

Reference:- Operation Cone of Power: When British Witches Attacked Adolf Hitler | Mental Floss

14 Likes

Yay I was waiting for this!

Iā€™m going to try to do the permitted two as I did for the last catch up. Iā€™ll have a scroll through and decide which ones :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Picking 2 is always so hard, especially when I have no idea which ones Iā€™m missing anymore! Iā€™m going to have to go through mine & the ones available. I love the catch ups though. Learning new things! :heart:

11 Likes

@Princess_Tara donā€™t feel like you have to do all of those challenges right now! You will never get them all finished. The Catch Up Challenges come around after so many have been done & each time you can do up to 2 at a time. Otherwise, you will get so overwhelmed & burnt out trying to catch up on all of them at once.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot, @IrisW and @Susurrus

Oh no! I was so excited and overlooked the challenge rule! I wish, I could participate in all these challenges in a week!.. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I understand the wanting to do all of the challenges, but 2 per catch-up is a good way to pace yourself. I completely understand the excitement though. Thatā€™s too many to do in 1 week, youā€™d be up round the clock! They arenā€™t going anywhere, you will be able to get to all of them in the perfect time. :heart:

9 Likes

It would be a lot of fun for me if I could do it all in 1 catch-up! Nooooo! :lying_face: :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Lol :smile: Iā€™ve been there. But, they get done quicker than you realize. Iā€™m actually not sure that I have 2 to catch up on now. I think thereā€™s 1 MAYBE 2 that I can do. :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh PRAISE. Ever since moving, Iā€™ve missed the challenges every week! Itā€™s made me so sad! Very excited to catch up a bit. Thank you. :pray:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I went through mine & actually have 3 to catch up on. So I think I am going to do 2 this time & then 1 the next time. Going through them took time though. I had to print out the list of challenges & go through my badges looking for each 1. Phew!

9 Likes

Iā€™ve got a fair few to choose from.

The first challenge I completed was Apothecarist I think and I believe Iā€™ve done them all since then. So Iā€™ve got a lot to choose from before that, except Witch of the Veil and Lunar Witch completed during the last catch up challenge.

Choices!

6 Likes

Yay!

It was a bit difficult to choose which ones, but Iā€™ve decided to do:
:sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
:skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch Of The Veil

The first is perfect since Witchā€™s Thanksgiving is less than two weeks. Iā€™ll probably write down 13 Things Iā€™m Grateful For (though Iā€™m sure I have more than that!).

I chose the second because I think the next catch up challenge wonā€™t be until after Halloween/Samhain. Not sure what Iā€™ll do yet. Maybe Iā€™ll try using a Ouija board, but Iā€™m doubting my mom will let me take theirs. :neutral_face:

9 Likes

1st Catch Up Challenge Entry

For my first Catch Up I have an entry for: :sparkling_heart: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude

I feel that I needed to give some gratitude to Brigid for the healing & strength to get through the last few months. So I set up my altar with my Goddess Statue on a piece of Selenite, a White candle, some coins in my malachite trinket box shaped like a heart. (Coins are an offering for Brigid, the trinket box is where I keep them stored), With my Black Tourmaline, Labradorite, & Blue Apatite palm stones. My crystal turtles are behind her. Malachite, Tiger Eye, Labradorite, Sodalite, & Amethyst flip flops. The other crystals live on my altar with them.

11 Likes

I made a decision on my first catch challenge entry: :pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch

As many here know Iā€™m a member of the English Law Societyā€™s LGBT+ Lawyers Division Committee.

Today I attended an online appeal briefing hosted by Macquarie Pride with Kimahli Powell and Baroness Barker with a view to assisting LGBTQ+ people in Afghanistan in light of the dire situation (understatement: death) theyā€™re facing under Sharia Law.

Iā€™m not intending to make this a political post. But I decided to call on one my deities, Hekate, and focused her justice devotional prayer on asking for justice for LGBTQ+ people in Afghanistan.

My outside altar space felt right for this so I set up my statue of Hekate, a black candle, an offering of wine in my cauldron and lit some Dragonā€™s Blood incense (note to self, backflow incense cones arenā€™t designed for outside :rofl:) before reciting the devotional and adding an additional prayer for justice for the LGBTQ+ people of Afghanistan.

14 Likes

Iā€™m excited to the catch up! Only joining recently, I have several challenges to complete! I have the perfect two picked out for this week as my patron Selene actually sent me a message this morning that she wants me to spend more time with her.

So I will be attempting to complete:

• Dealing in the Divine
  • Moon Magick

Now off to research and plan!!

11 Likes

Beautiful looking setting, @IrisW, and for a good cause! What a great idea!

7 Likes

ooo, Iā€™m excited for this since i have so many to choose from! But since I just got some salt, I think iā€™ll do a protection or cleansing scrub with it and essential oils. I also became interested in Mayan deities, since I have Mayan ancestry, so I want to learn what I can about IxChel (I read she liked chocolate :laughing:)

7 Likes

I love your enthusiasm, @Princess_Tara! :raised_hands::heart: But like Siofra kindly pointed out, itā€™s best to pace it out with the challenges- too many all at once would likely be an overload. The limit of two is also for my sake as well, or Iā€™d be tracking and assigning badges all week! :sweat_smile: But no worries about getting to them all, since there are periodic Catch-Up Challenges- lots of opportunities to dip back into old challenges :blush:

Wishing you the best of luck, @sarah29- have fun! :tada:

Choices, choices indeed @IrisW! It sounds like you found one that aligned really well with you- that is a beautiful dive into helping people in need. And a very gorgeous altar- it looks like you are enjoying the new outdoor casting spot! :blush: May Hekate help to bring justice and safety to the LGBT+ community in Afghanistan :pray::candle:

Nice choices, @Kasandra! Both perfectly timed challenges for the season- good luck and have fun! :party:

Beautiful work, @Susurrus- thank you so much for sharing your gratitude! And such a lovely altar as well! :sparkles: May Brighid continue to watch over and guide you in your path :fire::pray:

Wishing you all the best as you jump into your chosen challenges, @Amaris_Bane- enjoy! :sparkles:

A chocolate-loving deity who shares your ancestry definitely sounds like a worthy path to pursue, @Peaches- enjoy your dive into deities! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

For the Catch Up challenge, I chose to go with the Magic in the Dark Challenge: šŸŒ‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Magick in the Dark

I did the Goddess Protection Spell by the lovely @SilverBear

Itā€™s to be done on a dark moon and after I got the correct words :joy: I could do it. But hereā€™s my finished results:

Im Goddess Strong :muscle:

10 Likes