šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Challenger

A warm welcome to all!

Thanks once again to the legendary folks who joined in last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Dragon Magick :dragon_face:

After taking wing and igniting the fire of dragon magick, this week we have reached a bit of a special occasionā€¦

This week is the 50th Weekly Challenge to launch in the Spells8 forum! :partying_face:

From moon rituals :first_quarter_moon_with_face: , crystal collecting :gem:, potion making :test_tube: , and so much more- challengers explored many aspects of magick!

If youā€™d like to explore past challenges, you can see them listed in chronological order in Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History

Whether youā€™ve done one or done them all- take a moment to give yourself a pat on the back :hugs: Trying new things can be hard, but there are many benefits to widening your magickal horizons and exploring new aspects of the Craft.

Iā€™d like to give a very big thank you to everyone who has joined in for the challenges over the past year- you are truly amazing!

:clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart::clap::heart:

So as a special 50th edition challenge, I am handing over to you the power of choice :open_hands:

For this challenge- you are your own challenger

Itā€™s something new- but I know you can handle it! :grin:

So are you ready?

Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

PART 1: Challenging the Champion :trophy:

Whether this is your first challenge or your 50th, in both life and in magick youā€™ve survived challenges of all shapes, sizes, and sorts- youā€™re a real challenge champion! :tada:

So this week, throw down the gauntlet in a challenge to yourself. The following are just a few suggestions for ways you might go about it.

Ways you might approach this challenge:

• Do you have a favorite aspect you want to dive deeper into? Go for it!

• Is there an area of magick youā€™ve been putting off? Explore it!

• Choose a branch of magick/magickal tool you know nothing about and learn- you can do it!

Choosing a theme for your challenge:

Feel free to look at themes explored in previous challenges for inspiration, but know that you are completely free to explore any theme youā€™d like. From tarot to herbalism to Black/Dark Magick to meditation- the choice is yours :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

You might find some new aspects of magick in the list of 45 Different Types of Witches or in this video 100 Types of Witches:

Take this opportunity to explore a magickal interest, dig deeper into a current practice, or learn about something entirely new. Feel free to be creative with how you approach this activity! :sparkles:

PART 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

1. The challenge/theme you chose for yourself

2. And your experience learning about or working in line with the challenge/theme you chose

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, July 6th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-07-06T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The power of choice is a gift indeed- follow your heart and youā€™ll be sure to succeed!

Blessed be :trophy::heart:

21 Likes

Right after I get over the shock of the 50th challenge (Itā€™s wild to me that itā€™s been a year of witchy challenges!) Iā€™ll have to do some brainstorming on a theme to dig into! :thinking:

I havenā€™t had much time for Tasseography lately and could dig deeper into that :tea:, but Iā€™d also like to study up a few new herbs that have been on my radar :herb:

Thereā€™s also learning more about the 7 Chakras :person_in_lotus_position: or exploring how to make tea spells with these new tea bombs Iā€™ve been seeingā€¦ choices, choices! :laughing:

Canā€™t wait to see what topics everyone chooses to pursue this week! Blessed be :sparkles:

12 Likes

Oh wow, I like this challenge, but I have no idea what I am going to do for it! I will really have to think about this one. Right now I am drawing a major blank though. Maybe I will do something with crystal grids or learn something about using oracle cards. I also just learned about anointing or dressing candles. I really like doing that now. I will think on it some more :thinking:

10 Likes

Congrats @BryWisteria for 50 challenges, and to :infinite_roots: for participating in them.
This is exciting :grin: but like @Susurrus I have to think about this one.
Blessed Be

9 Likes

Oh, interesting! I may try out some candle wax divination :candle: not sure yet!

10 Likes

Oh, wow! As a newbie witch, there are so many areas I want to explore. How will I decide?? Looks like today is for brainstorming!! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Also congrats on the 50 weeks!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

11 Likes

Weā€™re already at the 50th challenge? Nice!
I was unsure what to do, since I think Iā€™ve tried just about everything, but after reading through the first post and looking at one of the pictures, I think I will try some Mirror Magick. Not sure what kind of spell I will use the mirrors for yet, but Iā€™ll think of something!

10 Likes

As a Libra Iā€™m horribly indecisive so Iā€™m going to have to think about this one :joy:

8 Likes

Hi, @MeganB I hope you are recovering well!

I am going to make up my own small spell jar for happiness, peace, love. :heart: I just have to write it out how Iā€™m doing it. :pen: I spent all morning deciding on herbs :herb:, crystals, incense, candles :candle:, & such. I havenā€™t finished deciding how I am going to put it together or anything, but I know I want to ground myself :woman_in_lotus_position: before doing anything with it. I feel kind of scattered today.

10 Likes

Since Iā€™m having to switch doctors for my leg infection, I think Iā€™ll try to do something healing for myself. Just have to figure out what.

8 Likes

You did a gorgeous job with your Peace, Love, and Calm Spell, @Susurrus- thanks again for sharing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks, @Rowan! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll come up with something lovely :heart:

Candle wax divination sounds exciting, @MeganB- if thatā€™s what you choose to pursue, then enjoy! :candle::blush:

Thanks, @Amaris_Bane- and I know the feeling, thereā€™s so much to pick from! :grin: Enjoy your brainstorming, I hope you find an intriguing aspect that draws you in :sparkles:

I know- 50 challenges is a shocker, @Kasandra! :laughing: Mirror Magick is a wonderful thing to jump into. If youā€™re looking for some mirror spellwork inspiration, you might explore past threads about mirror work and Books of Mirrors. Have fun! :sparkling_heart:

If you feel that your Libra traits are restraining you, @IrisW, you could always explore those very traits by digging into Libra horoscopes or other astrology! :grin::libra: :balance_scale:

A healing spell is always helpful- may you find something perfect for you, @Amethyst! Leg infection- be gone! :raised_hands: :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you sweets! Iā€™m thinking of what I want to do, now that I have a goal in mind to manifest for.

9 Likes

Oooh I like this idea :heart_eyes: 50th challenge is certainly a milestone so happy to be here sharing it with you all :heart: I think I might delve into the tarot for this one,Iā€™ve really connected with the deck I got and I want to learn more :grin: looking forward to seeing everyones entries :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

For this Challenging Challenge, I was challenged by making candles :candle::candle:

Steps I used:
Step 1: Measure out how much wax you would need, then double it.
Step 2: Melt the wax. Pour the wax into a double boiler and melt for 10-15 mins, stir frequently.
Step 3: Add fragrance oils. I used lavender and rose essential oils.
Step 4: Attach the wick. Tip- dip the wick in the wax and then quickly sticking it to the bottom of the container.
Step 5: Pour the wax. Before pouring, allow to cool for a few minutes. When the thermometer reads 140Ā°, pour.
Step 6: Secure the wick. Lay 2 chopsticks (in my case, toothpicks) across the top of the container. Allow wax to set for 4 hours at room temperature.
Step 7: Add more wax, if the top has cracks or holes. Simply reheat and add more wax. Let harden.
Step 8: Cut the wick. The candle wick should be less than half an inch long.

:sparkles:Tadaa, youā€™ve got a candle :candle::sparkles:

Sorry about the messy altar cloth!!
On the left, I added rose petals and carnelian chips to the candle with rose essential oil.
To the right, I added dried lavender and amethyst crystals to the candle with lavender essential oil.

Thank you @BryWisteria This really got my creative juices flowing! Iā€™m honored to take part in the 50th challenge!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

This will be my 1st challenge and i am debating between trying to make a tincture or getting into the tarot deck I got ! either way i will be sure to post my results :face_with_monocle: :heart:

10 Likes

@Amethyst I hope you find the perfect thing for healing. I like doing spells & rituals for healing. i always feel better afterward.

@christina4 lovely candles! I would love to make my own, I havenā€™t done that since I was in Girl Scouts when I was in junior high! We did it with crayons, that much I remember.

@Liisa I hope you & your deck get along great! I have gotten along with my new Tarot & my new Oracle cards wonderfully so far. Itā€™s fun to learn more about them.

@THCLEMONADE have a lot of fun. The challenges are a lot of fun & you learn so much from them.

Thank you @BryWisteria, after I started thinking about what I wanted to put in it, I had to follow through with it.

9 Likes

Wow this is a great challenge thank you!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thanks for the ideas! I decided to write a Draconic Self-Love Mirror Spell, which I will cast tomorrow since Friday is perfect for such spells.
When I first joined the forum, my focus was improving how I see myself. I have kind of moved away from that and Iā€™d like to get back to doing that, at least once a week.

9 Likes

Thank you, love! I hope I can find the right herbs to use to dress my candle. Iā€™ll have to think on it. Yours was such a nice spell jar, youā€™ve set a high mark!

8 Likes

Oh goodness! Donā€™t go by me! Yours will be just as good!

I will say that when I hold my jar it brings a smile to my face. I did some cleaning breaths while holding it today before my appointment.

5 Likes