šŸˆā€ā¬› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cat Magick

Greetings to all!

Many thanks again to those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Wickedly Delicious :yum:

With bellies full of food both blessed and delicious, you may be feeling like itā€™s time for a cat nap :cat: :zzz:

Which is purrrrfect timing, as the theme for this weekā€™s challenge (suggested by the fan-cat-astic @Kasandra) isā€¦

:black_cat::paw_prints: Cat Magick :cat: :sparkles:

As mentioned in the latest Merry Meet Monday post, there is a very special holiday this weekend- International Cat Day :tada::paw_prints:

As familiar spirits or spellwork buddies, now is a wonderful time to celebrate a traditional companion of witches! After all, these curious creatures have been loved and worshipped since at least the time of the ancient Egyptians ā˜„

Hold your kittens! Why isn't this a Catch-Up Challenge?

Based on the History of Challenges, every 10 challenges is usually a ā€œCatch-Up Challengeā€- a chance to do any of the past challenges that are normally closed.

However, just a few challenges ago the special 50th Challenge was a very open-ended challenge where participants could choose any aspect of magick to focus on.

As that theme was similar to the usual Catch-Up Challenge, the plan is to hold off for a few more challenges- gotta keep the challenges fresh! :wink:

(Not to mention that this challenge ties in purrrfectly with International Cat Day this week!)

Apologies if anyone was looking forward to the Catch-Up Challenge, but no worries- the next one will be coming just a bit down the road at Challenge Number 60 :raised_hands:

[Picture from Redbubble]

What is ā€œCat Magickā€?

For the purpose of this challenge, Cat Magick is magick pertaining to felines in any way, shape, or form :cat:

While I wonā€™t say the options for this category of magick are limitless, thereā€™s certainly enough ways to enter this challenge to fill up nine lives! :wink:

Take a peek at the suggestions below to help you get started, but donā€™t hesitate to chase your curiosity and pursue Cat Magick in a way that calls to you!

Itā€™s all about cats and magick this week- so are you ready?

Becuase itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell: :black_cat:

[Picture from Wallpaper Abyss]

STEP 1 : Catty Casting :smile_cat:

There are a meow-lion ways to approach this challenge- here are just a few suggestions to help get you going!

:paw_prints: Casting for cats! From protection spells to pet blessings, there are plenty of spells you could either do for or with your pet. Here are a few to consider:

Spell to Protect a Pet or Find a Lost Pet
Spell-to-Protect-Pets-360x240

Protect a Pet Spell
Protection-Spell-for-Pets-thumb

A Blessing for a Pet Who Has Moved On
Wiccan-Prayer-For-A-Dead-Pet-360x240

:paw_prints: Cat Meditation: If you have a relatively calm furry friend, why not enjoy the benefits of meditating together? :person_in_lotus_position: :cat2:

If your kitty makes it impossible to sit quietly or youā€™d like to meditate alone, then why not draw on feline traits in a visualization meditation?

:paw_prints: Cat Deities: All felines might believe they should be worshiped- so why not make an offering or say a prayer to Bast? In addition to being the Egyptian Goddess of cats, She is also a powerful protective deity :shield: :black_cat:

Bast-Devotional-Wiccan-Prayer-360x240

:paw_prints: Cat Magick Books: For book lovers, you might read a book about cats and magick, such as Cat Magick by Deborah Blake :open_book: :

712BEw6VUtL

:paw_prints: Magical Cat Names: Maybe you havenā€™t found your magickal name yet, but you could certainly Find a Magical Cat Name for your pet, familiar, or spirit animal!

[Picture from Magical Cat Names]

:paw_prints: Creative Cat Magick: You donā€™t need a cat around to draw on feline inspiration! With cats on the mind, consider doing some Art Magick and let your talents shine. Paintings, drawings, writing stories, poems, dancing- let out your inner creative beast! :art::notes::dancer:

[Picture and poem by Unknown on Poem Searcher]

:paw_prints: Magickal Symbolism: Are you interested in the magickal symbolism of animals? Maybe you have a guiding animal in your life- whether it is a Spirit Animal, Power Animal, Guardian Spirit, or Totem Animal.

If you see them in dreams, encounter them in divination readings, or feel a connection with them, perhaps learn about the symbolism of felines:

Symbolism of:
ā†’ :lion: Lions
ā†’ :tiger: Tigers
ā†’ :black_cat: Panthers
ā†’ :cat2: Cats

You might learn How to Call Your Spirit Animal or explore the Differences between Familiars and Pets

:paw_prints: ā€¦And more!

No need to chase your tail with this one- feel free to pursue Cat Magick in any way that calls to you!

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusitivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To enter this challenge, please share:

1. Your experience with cat magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, August 10th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-08-10T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

[Picture from Pinterest]

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Whiskers and tails, paws and claws
Clever eyes can see beyond flaws
They lurk in the darkness and play in the light
A sneaky fluff that prowls through the night!
Whether sweet and playful, or cranky and mean,
No matter their mood- they think theyā€™re the queen!

Happy cat magick and blessed be! :black_cat: :heart:

20 Likes

YESYESYES!
I have had tabs open on my laptop for weeks about certain aspects of cat magic!
I canā€™t wait to share what Iā€™ve found and finally do what Iā€™ve been planning! :heart_eyes::cat2:
@BryWisteria weā€™re still in sync I see :smirk::joy:
Edit: just noticed it was @Kasandra who suggested the theme! :smirk_cat: Ha! Another mind-reader!

13 Likes

I am going to do the prayer for a pet that has moved on, my kitty passed a few years ago, but she is still very missed. She was an amazing cat & my sonā€™s best friend.

14 Likes

I might do a protection spell for my two babies :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

Thank you @BryWisteria @Limeberry @Kasandra

14 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m going to do for this one as Iā€™m not really a cat personā€¦ Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll think of something :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check my cat tree to see if Max has shed any claws, always useful in protection spells. Looking forward to this one! Now if only Max would cooperate. LOL. A familiar he is not.

11 Likes

OMG I am SO excited about this weekā€™s challenge!! I am a TOTAL cat person ā€“ when I saw this, I literally ā€œsqueeeeeeā€™dā€ out loud! :heart_eyes_cat: Iā€™m going to work with Bast again for the first time in a while, and Iā€™m also going to do some protection spells/prayers for my prescious fur babies :heart_eyes_cat::green_heart:

13 Likes

Itā€™s about time we had a challenge for people into :drop_of_blood: blood sacrifices.

Iā€™m kidding! Iā€™m kidding! Weā€™ll save that for dog magic. :rofl:

Thank you, Bryanna. Now to get thinking of what I shall doā€¦

13 Likes

@praecog29 Stay away from my dogā€¦ :two_hearts::dog2::hugs::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Hey now ā€¦ Blaze and Trix are my black hounds from hell but I am not sacrificing either of them!!! LOL. I have had cats in the past but find it easier to travel with a dog.

11 Likes

My challenge will be a pet protection spell for my hounds from hell using my cat statue that reminds me of my wonderful paired siamese cats, Suki and Keyoko, that have moved/passed/transformed on. And I just realized my dogs count in the challenge because they are both Catahoulas.

12 Likes

Yes! :heart_eyes_cat:
Cats are one of my favorite animals, so Iā€™ve been eagerly awaiting this challenge! šŸˆā€ā¬›
Iā€™ve been reading The Little Book of Cat Magick by Deborah Blake for some ideas. I plan to do a cat connection meditation and a spell for the health of my fur baby.:heart_eyes_cat:
Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll love the extra attention sheā€™ll get.

10 Likes

Hey, I give blood every night I try to move Max to get into bed and he doesnā€™t want to move. Little booger and probably shed enough of my blood over the years for it to count as a sacrifice! LOL!

11 Likes

:cat: Traits: Freedom, Communication, Independence, Mystery, Curiosity, Sensuality, Exploration, Magic, Companion, Flexibility, Adaptability

:cat: Catnip:(Nepta Cataria) Connection, Fertility, Protection from Psychic Attacks

Check out this website to see interpretations over a variety of catsā€¦
Angora
Tomcat
Alley Cat
Siamese
Persian
Calico
Bengal
Sphynx
Kitten
Black
Orange
Golden
Dark Brown
White
Grey
Tabby
Lavender

:black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat:

:cat: Cat Spirit Animal: ā€œThe Cat Spirit Animal is very selective about those they help, so take its presence as a compliment. Cat Spirit may arrive when you feel your timing is all off, and your patience is worn down to a thread. Cat helps hones your confidence and ensures the right timing so you can hunt down reliable options that position you with perfection. Teaching you when to act and when to wait is one of Catā€™s greatest gifts. Cat Spirit Animal also appears when you face a task you feel you are incapable of completing. Cat says, ā€œDonā€™t be a scaredy Cat!ā€ Your Spirit Animal is resourceful and adaptable. Sometimes you have to shake things up and get out of old patterns. Change your thinking and youā€™ll change the outcome.ā€

:cat: Cat Totem Animal: ā€œThose born with Cat Totem Animal are definitely night people. Darkness comes, and they awaken with energy and curiosity. A person with a Cat Totem will take proverbial ā€œwalkaboutsā€ with no particular destination in mind. Itā€™s all about the walk, being wrapped in the night and working personal magic. If this is your Birth Totem, you are the ardent adventurer, including exploring your own inner space. You are naturally agile and able to land on your feet in seemingly impossible situations, and you engage life with the ferocity of a Lion in a Catā€™s body.ā€

:cat: Cat Power Animal: ā€œReach out to Cat as a Power Animal when you are experiencing insomnia and other sleep problems. Think of the term ā€œcatnapping,ā€ and youā€™ll understand how Cat as a Power Animal is the perfect aid for catching some sleep. Cat is adaptable, so it makes an ideal Animal Ally when you face change and feeling resistant to it. Invoke Cat when you want the same adaptability of the flexibility of movement and decisions making. Cat comes to help you decide when itā€™s the right time to pounce while showing how to do so while remaining in balance.ā€

:black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_cat:

This other website includes meanings overā€¦
Native American Cat Symbolism
Christianity Cat Symbolism
Celtic Cat Symbolism
Cat Mythology and Folklore
Cat Dreams
Cat Astrology/Zodiac
Far Eastern Cat Symbolic Meanings
Cat Tattoo Meaning
Cat Spiritual Meaning

19 Likes

Thanks for the great info @Missa! There are oodles there to look through!

11 Likes

Aw this is really going to be a challenge for me, cause I have no idea what I am going to do! Iā€™ll ask my kitty what she thinks and get back to you!
Jeannie

14 Likes

Hahaha thanks @Limeberry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: But yes, I can claim no credit for the brilliant challenge idea- it was all thanks to Kasandra :grin::heart: Good luck and have fun- it sounds like Cat Magick is a speciality of yours! :cat:

That sounds like a lovely plan, @Susurrus. Wishing you the best as you honor your treasured friend who has moved on :pray:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Abs53- enjoy your protective spellwork! May it keep your fur babies safe and sound :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No worries, @IrisW- you can let your creativity out of the bag with this one! :wink:

ā†’ Have a Tigerā€™s Eye crystal :gem::tiger: ? Growing any herbal Catnip in the garden :herb:?

For this challenge, the word ā€œcatā€ can be interpreted quite loosely for those who donā€™t consider themselves to be cat people :laughing: :+1:

Thatā€™s a great idea to use shed claws in protective spells, @Amethyst! Cā€™mon Max, lend a paw and help out with the challenge! :cat: :joy:

It really is the perfect theme for you, @Jewitch- may your love shine brightly as Cat Magick this week! :sparkles::cat:

Very naughty! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Spray bottle for @praecog29! :lotion_bottle::sweat_drops: (thereā€™s no spray bottle emoji, so bear with the lotion bottle) :joy:

Looking forward to seeing what youā€™ll come up with, Benjamin! :grin:

ā€œCat-ahoulasā€, you say @steph? That counts in my book! :laughing: :+1:

Wishing you all the best with your protective spells this week :shield: :two_hearts:

Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion for the challenge, @Kasandra! :raised_hands: What do you think of The Little Book of Cat Magick- are you enjoying it so far? :open_book: :cat:

Wonderful info and correspondences- thanks for sharing your wisdom, @Missa! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When in doubt, ask a kitty! Thatā€™s a great idea, @Jeannie1- I hope your furry friend will help to spark some inspiration for you :blush::black_cat: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Ok Iā€™ve decided on a plan. As Iā€™m enjoying my craft work at the moment, and I canā€™t have a real cat both because Iā€™m mildly allergic and Sherlock would likely eat them, Iā€™m going to make one instead.

Iā€™ve ordered a needle felting kit and a crochet cat book from Amazon so there may be an army of cats by the end of the week!

14 Likes

Well, I know exactly what Iā€™m doing!! :grin::sparkles:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea!!! Iā€™ve never thought of their nails. They do fit!

9 Likes