Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Congrats to the Coven! šŸŽŠ

Wishing a warm welcome to all!

Thank you once again to those who shared their beautiful altars as part of last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - All About Altars :place_of_worship:

After decorating our altars and showing pride in our sacred spaces, itā€™s time to celebrate another sacred space- one that we all share together!

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge corresponds with a special occasion and isā€¦

:birthday: :handshake: Happy Birthday to the Coven Community! :heart: :dancer:

This Saturday, May 1st marks the 2-year anniversary since Founder @Francisco opened the doors of Spells8 to the world :earth_americas: :door:

The past two years have seen the coven grow and flourish- blossoming into a community of over 900 users! The growth of Spells8 and the warmth of our community wouldnā€™t have been possible without the many wonderful witches who joined the coven along the way :hugs:

This week is for YOU! It is all about celebrating the Spells8 community by showing off the best of its coven members.

Are you ready? Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE CELEBRATION TIME! :bellhop_bell:

PART 1 : Strut Your Stuff! :star2:

This week, the focus is on you- what is your favorite aspect of magick? Is there a special type of spell or particular tool that you love working with?

Feel free to let your talents shine by showing or talking about your most beloved aspect of magick! :star_struck:

For those unsure of the direction theyā€™d like to take with this challenge, here a few suggestions:

:sparkles: Share your favorite spell

Do you have a go-to spell you use all the time? Or perhaps there was spell that just worked perfectly for you in the past.

Feel free to share your favorite casting or a successful spell experience with the coven!

f0e6908eaeb463f819464c2bf9b33605
[Gif from Pintrest]

:open_book: Express love for your favorite aspect of magick

Are you a Green Witch at heart, who loves learning about plants and herbs :herb:? Or perhaps cooking up magically delicious meals as a Kitchen Witch is your specialty :bowl_with_spoon: ! Maybe Tasseography leaf reading is your cup of tea :coffee: , or perhaps youā€™re all about working with crystals :gem:

Whether youā€™re an astrologist studying the Zodiac :milky_way: or a devotee of Moon Magick :full_moon: - feel free to express your love for your favorite aspect of magick!

:infinite_roots: Talk about your time with Spells8

Instead of (or in addition to!) working some personal magick this week, you might also reminiscence on what brought you to Spells8.

Did you come for the courses, or found your way here while on the hunt for a spell? Were you a baby witch looking for guidance, or perhaps a solitary practitioner hoping to find a supportive community?

Take some time to reflect on your journey here so far! :sunrise_over_mountains:

If in your reminiscing, you come up with suggestions for witchy content that you are hoping to see on the site (such as new topics, themes, subjects, etc.), feel free to share your thoughts! :raised_hands:

aa7b6efec54637e1ec112a6e41efba8d
[Gif from Pintrest]

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience for a Prize :writing_hand:

Challenges are here to help you help yourself!

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to do what feels most comfortable for you!

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you must share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About your personal magickal pride and/or reflections on your time with Spells8

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, May 4th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-05-04T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

giphy
[Gif from Giphy]

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

tattoo

A seed was planted two years ago
Watered with love, it continues to grow.
Roots now spread from shore to shore,
May the coven celebrate for many years more!

Blessed be! :infinite_roots: :heart:

23 Likes

I have been absent lately but I still look at our forum.

I am beyond blessed to be apart of this Coven. To be able to open up and share my experiences in my craft is something I didnā€™t think I would get to do(especially being solitary). How we all jump on a topic and go down the rabbit hole, to our energy exchange circle, sharing recipes, and more!.. Each one of our crafts have flourished with our combined tools, sources, ideaā€™s and creations.
I can say wholeheartedly that my expansion into other aspects of my practice has been inspired by our collective consciousness.
I am literally the WORST when it comes to engaging in this forum. I get anxiety and feel a little overwhelmed when responding to our growing community. Thatā€™s no excuse really but I wanted to jump on this challege to express how thankful I am and that despite my lack of responseā€¦ you, YOU, and yooouuuuu you you you, hold a special place in my heart and I appreciate having been reached out to during my time with Spells8.

14 Likes

Greetings Janelle! I feel you about your anxiety and feeling overwhelmed when responding. I have only been a part of the coven for a month and have adored the positivity and support in the forums but I too find myself feeling unable to respond to posts especially the Challenges. I love the themes and ways to delve in to explore the challenge but end up being unable to decide what I want to do or how to share.

I will keep trying though!

Blessings,
:infinite_roots:

Kat

13 Likes

Hi everyone, although I have only belonged to I.R.C. A month
or two, I remain an eclectic witch who is a sole practitioner.
I spoke of this with @Francesco, and he said there was no reason I couldnā€™t and remain part of the group, I am so blessed. I LOVE MY LIFE!
My heart has always belonged to healing, even as a child.
Iā€™m usually a seat of the pants type of spell caster, that is to
say I make up spells & prayers as I go along. Thatā€™s why
I canā€™t repeat most of my spells word for word.
Since Iā€™ve been here, Iā€™ve developed a closer relationship with
my Goddess & broadened my scope of thinking. And most of
all found a wonderful group of people who donā€™t judge me
for being a coo-coo. You know, the odd daughter, the crazy
aunt. Iā€™ve been alone & lonely for so long, starving for
communication with like minded people. Thank you all for
your generosity.

Magick?

I love the rituals involved with the Magick Iā€™ve learned here & am beginning to incorporate them in my every day life.
Iā€™ve been gifted with a small & transient amount of healing in
my hands. I run my hands over a person & when I feel increased heat, I gather it into my fist & throw it toward the west so the setting sun can carry it away with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t, as I said, transient.
I started out searching the web for magic & found one site, but wasnā€™t very comfortable with it. I rather felt harassed, it seemed that the site always wanted money. Their promises were not realistic.
Well, anyways I stumbled on Spells8 & fell in love, so here
I am & have never felt as happy & comfortable in my life.
Iā€™m a retired R.N. & have felt useless for a long time. Here
I have found value, in myself & my ability to listen & help
others. I truly had forgotten what it felt like.
I love my altar & the treasures I have collected over the
years, like a small Tibetan bell that I use & so much more.
I have a travel altar with a mini hatchet thatā€™s sharp for
harvesting and a 1ā€ foldable boline, I carry selenite & a paper
with the 4 seasons (elements). So much more but I hate to
be vain or show off.
Iā€™ve used herbs & plants for years to make bath salts, bath bombs, lotions, creams for skin care. Salves for arthritis pain,
and a shower bombs for colds. etc.
Right now I canā€™t think of anything more, but thanks for the opportunity. Garnet

14 Likes

This is an awesome challenge!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Thank you so much @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I havenā€™t been in this Coven very long but I cannot express enough in words, over the internet, how much you have all changed my life :heartpulse: Not in the physical aspect, I still live my life and do me like I always did. But, in a spiritual and emotional way, like I found another part of myself that had been a little sleepy all this time and is now fully awake and in love with her Craft more than I thought possible. So thank all, truly, for allowing me to be a better me :heartpulse:

I actually did cast a spell with Rune + Candle Magick during the waxing Half Moon at the end of March (Sunday 21st) to help me grow in confidence in my Craft and set an intention to learn more, and well then I found and joined The Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots: on the 1st of April :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I guess the spell has now officially manifested so I can share the spell with everyone now, Ill type it up after work tomorrow its late here :grin:

I canā€™t wait to hear everyoneā€™s stories and wisdom :heartpulse:

14 Likes

This is easy!!! My most reminiscent time here was meeting everyone and getting to know the now familiar personalities that I adore in each of you!!

Spells8 (Infinite Roots) has helped me grow magically in many ways. I learned more correspondences, much more about tea magic, and a lot about learning to trust my intuition. I did come here knowing a lot. But you learn something new everyday here!!!
Oh and you donā€™t need anything for a spell to work (like the right color candle or herb, etc) except for your intent.

With that said, itā€™s a pleasure to share my birthday with something so beautiful as this! Thank you for beginning this group @Francisco :sparkling_heart::relaxed::tada::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Happy birthday Spells8 :gift::birthday::balloon::tada::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Janelle,
You share a special place in my opinion, I am glad you made it back on the forum. I am glad to be apart of this coven too! Thank you for sharing your gratitude! It is transcendent watching everyone grow!

Garnet,
I am so glad, to hear you Love :heart: your life! I love your life back! LOVE YOUR LIFE! I always loved to help others.

Blockquote

I believe I do a healing technique too by whisping negative energy out with my :raised_hands: hands when the body is not well. I think itā€™s a shamanic practice or somewhat message therapy. I think thatā€™s what you were talking about. Itā€™s energy work and just like you were describing where my hands were warm. Itā€™s like activating frequencies.
I like that you value yourself and others that is a great quality to have! I love :heart: my life too and even if there are times I try to make sense of the conscious world and sometimes it donā€™t make sense. I love my life too!
Thanks for sharing your magical powers! You are a natural!
Jeannie

11 Likes

How wonderful you have the ā€˜touchā€™. You are truly blessed

10 Likes

Welcome, @janelle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is always wonderful to hear from you- thanks for the update and for your very kind words! You and @Artemisia raise a good point about the challenges. Iā€™ve gone back in and added a note, encouraging everyone to use the challenge as theyā€™d like- perhaps in way like a guide or as inspiration. There is no pressure to share if it leads to anxiety- I think it is absolutely possible to join the coven in spirit, keeping your spellwork personal if you choose! Hope you are doing well- love and light to you! :heart:

Beautiful, @Garnet! Thank you for sharing your warmth- reading your post made me smile :blush: Iā€™m so happy to hear you found a home in the coven, we are certainly blessed to have you among us :two_hearts:

You are very welcome, @Liisa- thank you for the wonderful entry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is so inspirational to hear how finding your practice helped to awaken something deep within you- I think you wrote it very well! One step has lead to another, and I am grateful you found your way to the coven. Thank you for all of the light, joy, and wisdom that you bring! Many blessings to you :heart:

So many fun aspects of magick, @Christina4! Your witchy talents have truly flourished- congrats to you :partying_face: Thank you for sharing not only your birthday with Spells8, but also thank you for all of the wonderful wisdom and positivity you bring! :grin: Keep on being awesome! :sparkles:

Removing energy with human touch is a popular form of holistic medicine, @Jeannie1- itā€™s an exciting aspect to explore! I think you are right that it could stem from shamanic practices, massage therapy, or also perhaps Reiki as well. Itā€™s very interesting- I hope it continues to work well for you! :blush::heart:

14 Likes

Not quite in time for this challenge, but Iā€™m booked in to have the coven symbol as a tattoo on 11 May. I do feel like Iā€™ve found my people since joining.

15 Likes

You are ours, mother aunt niece cousin, we are your family and we, yours. Warmest blessings

11 Likes

Wowā€¦ I am beyond words at this time although I am a woman of words in silence :blush: It is such a blessing to see how much this Coven has changed our lives for the better and I would love to say @Francisco I thank you so much for such a great opportunity.

I have always had love and interest for the craft not only because of what I had known from my grandmotherā€™s behalf but from the very unset of reading about it at a young age. Where I am from I do not know of anyone that may call his or her self a witch or wizard or even a lover of the craft and that was a challenge for me from the very start.

Spells8 on a whole had shed much light :candle: and opportunities for someone like me who have no mentor or guidence in the field of Magick :dizzy:. I have been in and out, lost and confused but from since I have found spells8 and the coven, I have learnt so much alone the way and continue to learn every day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am happy to be amongst such wonderful people like you :kissing_heart:

I am still learning myself as a witch but with Infinite Roots I am definitely getting there. I am happy to say that I now know that I am a Eclectic Witch that loves :heartbeat: working with the fire :fire: element and have a passion for words when it comes to the craft and because of this I am a creator of many of my work.ohhhhh I love working with herbs too. :grin:

Am that little blessed witch
That has gotten her wish
To be apart of something great
Happy Birthday to you Spells8
Hip Hip Hip Hooray :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

This one is for you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES

LšŸ’« ve LšŸ’“ve LšŸ•Æght the way.

12 Likes

This topic is going to make me cry!! :joy: :blush: :blush: My heart is so ful of love right now! I wish we could all get together around a maypole!!

It is so comforting to be a part of this community where everyone is so supportive as we go through similar things. I am feeling really warm vibes and itā€™s not just the spring!! :sun:

15 Likes

Awwww :hugs: I know the feeling. I am so happy and excited during this moment.

8 Likes

Nick wick,

Blockquote

I totally understand and agree with you wholeheartedly! You said it perfectly! Thank you! Love :heart: spells eight and I experience nothing but love and I respect you all! :broken_heart::hugs:
Jeannie

11 Likes

That is so exciting, Iris! And you betcha getting a coven tattoo absolutely counts towards the challenge about celebrating the coven :partying_face: I know the appointment is still a ways away, but Iā€™m wishing you the best with the tattoo process! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :infinite_roots:

Your words always take my breath away, Nick! Thank you for both your kindness here and in the wonderful birthday piece you wrote. I will treasure your words for a long time to come- so much love back to you! :heart:

What fun that would be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Maybe someday in the future we can plan a coven get-together, perhaps to celebrate a Sabbat or a future anniversary! :tada: Sounds like a blast!

12 Likes

It is so good when there is a place that you can turn to for guidence @Jeannni1. I am thankful for such opportunities.

8 Likes

My wooden chest for my herbs finally arrived and Iā€™ve spent the morning decanting my herbs into bottles. Didnā€™t realise how long that would take!

Iā€™m really pleased with it though. For the herbs where the plastic sachets are now empty, Iā€™ve also put the label from the packet on the bottle with more info about whatā€™s inside. Iā€™ll do that with the rest as I run down my stocksā€¦

And one of the suggestions for food for Beltane is something spicy so tonight Iā€™ll be using one of Jamie Oliverā€™s recipes as a base for:-

Not a favourite spell as such, but cooking makes me happy and I see the process as kitchen magick.

13 Likes

But they will be happy tears! The maypole idea would be fantastic! Maybe a Spells8 field trip!

6 Likes

Youā€™ve got me all emotional reading everyoneā€™s entries so far :heartpulse: but in a good way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Francisco You placed down the cornerstone for something truly wonderful :infinite_roots: Thank you for bringing us all together :heartpulse: I also second the meeting up and dancing around a maypole one day :heartpulse:

@IrisW Thatā€™s a beautiful herb box :heartpulse: the engraving on the front is very nicely done :heartpulse: the jars all look so pretty in it :heart_eyes:

Ok so for this challenge Iā€™m going to tell you all the spell I did that helped me find all of you beautiful people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I decided to do this spell at the little natural circle I found on my favourite nature walk

I had been a little down in a couple of weeks before this because I didnā€™t know where else to turn to find wisdom that was from anyone I felt I could trust on the matter and books can only take you so far. I had started to get lonely on my journey and desperately needed a guide. So I was setting my intention for my confidence in solitary practice to grow and sending a message into the Universe for guidance on my path. I got to the circle just as the sun was setting and the waxing half-moon was still up and I set up the little campfire windbreaker I have and set up a small altar in the middle of the circle. I used palo santo for incense and using the help of the nature spirits I cast a circle with my mind. I carved the Dagaz and Sowilo Rune onto a yellow candle for confidence and enlightenment and the Anzus and Raidho Runes on a blue candle for helpful communication and wisdom on my journey. I lit them both and I didnā€™t have words prepared because I wanted to speak from my heart during this ritual. I told the Universe that I was confident, strong and powerful in my own right and that I would never forget that. I then went on to be a little more humble and express my need for better guidance and friendship on my path so that I could do more good with my practice and share my experiences and doubts. I sat quietly meditating until both candles burnt most of the way down then blew them both out and the confidence hit me like a freight train at that moment, I canā€™t really describe it, I just knew I was on the right track and that it was going to be ok. Faith and patience was the key. I tied a purple string around the blue candle stub and discarded it at the crossroads on the way back home to send my message into the Universe and I tied a black string around the yellow candle and buried it in my garden to keep the confidence I had found.
Then around a week later, I decided to use my confidence proactively to seek out courses for expending my knowledge. I looked on Udemy didnā€™t see anything that spoke to me, I looked on a few witchy related sites but i got lost in all of the different blogs, conflicting craft information and just general rudeness of people sometimes :pensive: Then it happened, I clicked a link that took me to a Youtube video that was easy to watch and listen to, open-minded and full of actually useful information. So I looked to see what the channel was, it was called Spells8 :infinite_roots: I noticed a link to a website for courses so I clicked it and the rest everyone already knows, here i am with the very guidance and friendship I needed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes