šŸ§‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Salty Spellwork

Merry meet!

Great job once again to all those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Reading Auras :cyclone:

Working with auras was an exercise in both sight and senses- this week, weā€™re reaching beyond ourselves to grasp one of the most beloved and accessible witchy tools :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge isā€¦

:salt::gem: Salt Magick :bowl_with_spoon: :white_heart:

Whether itā€™s Table Salt :salt:, Sea Salt :ocean:, Rock Salt :mountain:, Himalayan Salt :red_circle:, or others- salt is found all across the world in many different forms.

While it was once an ancient luxury, salt is now available in just about every market you can think of- you have a treasure of the ancient world right at your fingertips! :moneybag:

Salt is not only cheap and accessible to the modern witch- it is also a powerful magickal tool used for purification, cleansing, and protection (among other uses).

You can learn about the spiritual meanings of salt (as well as a few great salt spells!) in the following video by @Francisco:

There are so many ways to use this versatile, accessible, and trusty magickal tool in your practice, and this weekā€™s challenge encourages you to do just that!

For the challenge this week, itā€™s all about exploring the magickal uses of salt :salt:

So you are ready? Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

Picture from Pinterest

STEP 1 : Salty Spellwork :white_circle:

How many grains of salt are there in the world? I donā€™t know, but I bet thereā€™s an equal number of salty spells and rituals- the possibilities for using salt in spellwork are practically infinite! :laughing: :infinity:

If youā€™re not quite sure where to get started with this challenge, here are just a few salty spellwork suggestions you might consider:

Oceanā€™s Charm: Sea Salt Money Spell
Money-Spell-with-Salt-Wiccan-360x240

Salt Jar Spell (Easy Spell Jar)
Salt-Jar-Spell-Video-thumb

Healing Salt Bowl to Clear Sinuses
Sinus-Clearing-Healing-Salt-Bowl-1-360x240

Remove a Cure With Salt
How-to-Remove-a-Curse-with-Salt-Recipes-360x240

For even more salt spells, there are much more for you to browse on the Spells8 Salt Spells Page:

Witches-Spells-with-Salt-360x240

Black Salt :black_circle:

Like witches, salt comes in many wonderful shapes, sizes, and colors. Black Salt is a powerfully protective salt that is easy to make at home- if youā€™ve never made it before, why not give it a try?

How to Make Black Salt
How-To-Make-Black-Witches-Salt-360x240

Salt for Bath Magick :bath:

A common ingredient in bath and shower work, salt takes your ritual to the next level with its powerful cleansing and purifying properties.

Relax Witch! Bath Salt Recipe
Relax-Witch-Bath-Salt-Recipe-1-360x240

Spirit Delight: Cleansing Bath
Cleansing-Spiritual-Bath-with-Salt-360x240

ā€¦And More! :raised_hands:

From Kitchen Witchery :woman_cook: to Crystal Magick :gem:, there are so many ways you can use and explore the powers of salt.

Feel free to be creative in how you approach this challenge! :blush:

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To enter this challenge, please share:

1. Your experience using salt in your magickal practice

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, August 24th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-08-24T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Eclectic Witchcraft

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pinterest

Blessed be and happy salt magick! :salt::sparkles:

20 Likes

Oh the possibilities with this challenge! Iā€™ve already got tons of ideas running through my mind :grin::salt:

11 Likes

Iā€™ve been meaning to make some back salt using the Spells8 recipe for ages. I even crushed eggs shells a while back but just never got round to itā€¦

10 Likes

Oh wow! I love working with salt. I have Table Salt, Dead Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Himalayan Salt, Sea Salt, Black Salt. I really want to do the Relax Witch! Bath Salt Recipe, I just havenā€™t figured out how to incorporate it for a shower. I think I found my challenge!

Oh I could make it up as a gift too! Thank you @BryWisteria!

11 Likes

Ooh, if this doesnā€™t fit perfectly for me and my situation!! Thanks for the salty challenge :crazy_face: :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Perfect timing!
I saw my former boss yesterday while I was out shopping. His aura wasā€¦ Lord and Ladyā€¦ itā€¦wasā€¦aā€¦MESS! :confounded: I wanted to get as far away as possible. I couldnā€™t even begin to name the colors for it, but they were NOT healthy. :nauseated_face:
I bought some Pink Himalayan Salt awhile ago I think it will be perfect for removing some of the ā€œspiritual dirtā€, for a lack of a better term, that rubbed off on me.

10 Likes

Oh, this is perfect! Iā€™m planning to do some cleansing/blessing/protection work on my house (i.e. RV) this week and we all know that means salt is involved A LOT!

11 Likes

Perfect tie in for me with last weeks question of finances. I did the Oceanā€™s Charm spell.

12 Likes

Ooh I looooove this recipe :heart_eyes: - I made up a whole huge batch and gave large jars of it as Christmas gifts last year! I wonder if you could use it as a scrub? :thinking:

10 Likes

Whee! I know what Iā€™m going to do! Yay, for once I have a clue, now I just have to research a bit!

8 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your lovely Salt Magick, @phoenix_dawn! :sparkles:

Sounds like itā€™s time to bring back the eggshells, @IrisW- that black salt is calling your name! Have fun if you decide to make some this week :blush:

You are a salt collector, @Susurrus- thatā€™s an amazing assortment of salts! :star_struck: Youā€™re very welcome, hope you have a wonderful salty bath and have some magickal goodness leftover for gifts- I agree, it would make a perfect present! :raised_hands:

Youā€™re welcome, @Christina4- enjoy your salt magick! :two_hearts:

Oh yikes, @Kasandra- sounds like a very good time to cleanse that bad energy away. May your Himalayan Salt help you to purify and refresh, washing away even the memory of that icky encounter! :pray:

Thatā€™s a great use for salt, @Amaris_Bane- wishing you all the best with your RV cleansing! :blush:

Beautiful display, @SharonD- may the might of the ocean wash in bountiful blessings for you! :moneybag: :pray:

So glad youā€™re excited about this one, @Amethyst- have fun and blessed salt magick! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been meaning to do this spell!! It looks like you did it well!!! :relaxed:

6 Likes

So many fantastic ideas here!! :heart_eyes: :salt:

In the springtime I poured little piles of salt into the corners of my bedroom, left it there for a few days, and then vacuumed it up. I did feel a bit of an energy shift afterwards, more than the one I usually get from regular cleaning and tidying! Probably time to do that again :sweat_smile:

I have fine sea salt and coarse pink Himalayan salt in the pantry to work with. I am going to try the oceanā€™s charm spell. The idea of making black salt sounds amazing too! :crystal_ball:

EDIT: I cannot find an incense stick anywhere in the house! I must have used them all, lol. I know it is to invoke the element of air, but is there something else I can use in its place? Perhaps a second white candle? Thank you all!!

8 Likes

Have you a feather or a fan? That would work for air, even if you had to fold your own fan.

Good luck!

7 Likes

Feathers, yes! Thank you!! :heart:

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!

3 Likes

There are many magical uses for salts and it is the most powerful tool a witch has. I personally use black salt and Himaleus salt when performing rituals/casting spells, for protection and for manifesting. Sea salt is what I use most often for clearing my energy and the energy around me.

I usually do baths but you can take a salt shower too! For a salt shower just gently rub sea salt on your body covering as much as possible then face the water and as you step into it visualize all toxic and bad energy wash down the drain. My husband chants a mantra while washing the salt off of himself and there is no wrong way to do it. When I bathe in sea salt and water I notice the effects almost imediately. It gets rid of all the energy pollution I might have absorbed from communicating with other people. Sea salt will destroy evil slander and the negative vibrations of outsiders. Evil forces are said to be scared of salt. I soak in 1/2 cup sea salt and a tub full of warm water three times a month for 20 to 30 minutes. I probly sound paranoid (haha :laughing:) but my step son is an empath so It is extremely important that I remain mindful of my energy and not pass anything toxic or harmful along to him :white_heart:
I enter my bath with the intent of dissolving all toxic and negative energy from me and sending it to the light to transform it into something for the good of all. I say something like this: " I cleanse away all of my negative energy and thoughts. I now release and send all negativity to the light". As I am soaking Iā€™ll say something like: ā€œI fill myself with positive energy. I fill my heart with love and lightā€ Then right before I get out Ill give thanks and say: " I give gratitude for my peace ".

image source

(NOTE: Itā€™s very important to dispose of salt that soaks up negativity and bad energy by either burying it or disposing it by flushing or washing it down the drain)
I also sprinkle sea salt on my floor before I sweep and say:
ā€œAs I sweep the ground with this salt all negative energy shall be boundā€
then Ill say:
"I ask all energies that are not of love to be transformed for the highest good of all " as I sweep up the salt and bury it or wash it down the drain.
I also keep little bags of salt hidden in my car and change it every month to keep that energy clear, which my husband finds funny but oh well, its ok! Iā€™ll just keep doing me. :crazy_face: :blush:

-Much love and Many Blessings

14 Likes

I use salt regularly for protection and cleansing of negative energy with my herbal remedies. I use salt in my routine to balance, cleanse and purify my energy and aura.

My relax and recharge bath includes a cinnamon , ginger spice with epsom & sea salt , 3 fresh tangerine cut in quarters, honey and a peppermint tea potion ( use fresh herbs or tea packets of choice, recommend sleepy time tea for relaxation)

the second image is my forgiving peppermint bath patties also made with epsom and sea salt .

8 Likes

Large batch of cinnamon, ginger enchanted bath salts. - protection , cleansing of negative energy and purification of aura

And the one more picture of the forgiving peppermint bath patties with the fresh peppermint

15 Likes

I love that idea, @Eliza_Beth :+1: Salt is perfect for cleansing, and as a ā€œtool of the homeā€ it does seem to work extra well for protecting and purifying the home :house:

I second @Amethystā€™s idea for feathers and fans- great ways to draw on the Air element! Other things to consider could be Citrine, a yellow candle, or drawing on the air Zodiacs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius). Good luck! :blush:

Beautiful ideas and tips for Salt Magick, @moonshadow :heart: There is something very powerful about sea water- itā€™s a potent healer as well as a purifier :sparkles: Your chants are lovely, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! :raised_hands:

I LOVE your bath patties @JasmineTheBlueJ- they are so cute! :heart_eyes: It is clear that salt plays a key role in both your Kitchen Witchery as well as your lovely bath magick- thanks so much for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes