My Salt Challenge Entry 🧂

Here’s my link for the entry beforehand.

A short prologue:
I’ve been having a difficult, emotional time dealing with an on going individual. It seems lately, my anxieties have worsened. The other day, I felt that I reached a limit. So, I cried my little heart out! I felt better afterwards.

Tears contain less than 1% of salt. Tears taste salty due to it containing water that our body produces including electrolytes (salt ions).

It is healing for us to cry, otherwise we will one way or another build up the emotions we experience. To prevent emotional this emotional build up from stress, I cleansed out the negativity created by toxic people polluting my environment. I refuse to lower my vibration! It’s healthy and normal human nature to cry. Man or woman.

Crying teases oxytocin and endogenous opioids, otherwise known as endorphins. In better words, crying makes us feel better. Who wants to hang on to stagnant energy anyways?
Keeping difficult feelings inside is called repressive coping, which is bad for our health. Studies have linked repressive coping with a weakened immune system, heart disease, hypertension and mental illnesses.

12 Likes

I’m sorry someone is hurting you but having a good cry is indeed cathartic. We have your back here sister witch.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you were pushed into crying but I’m glad you’ve gone through it and came out stronger, using what you learned for a challenge. Good for you!

If you need anything, just let me know!

6 Likes

I appreciate it :relaxed:

5 Likes

Thank you so much girl!!

5 Likes

I know exactly the feeling. I’ve been crying for 3 days straight I just be squeaky clean by the time I’m finished :woman_shrugging:t3::roll_eyes: I’m sorry that you’re going through all that though. I’m here for you if you need to talk ::hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you doll face!! :relieved::heartbeat:

5 Likes

You’re welcome dear heart!

5 Likes

This was beautifully explored, @Christina4- while there’s nothing nice about the pain that makes us cry, the feeling afterwards can certainly be freeing :dove:

There was actually a piece in the BBC a while back about how Cry Therapy is taking off in Japan. I found the video here if anyone is interested:

Thanks for putting this together, Christina, and I hope your situation improves and whoever is causing you grief will back off so you can find your inner peace.

Big hugs and many blessings to you :hugs::heart:

5 Likes

I believe crying is healthy, I wanted to cry :sob: and couldn’t cause there was people around and still feel the need to cry.
When I don’t cry my cry is like a whale :whale: of tears. I felt such a release when finally the tears came out!
I am thankful to be able to cry afterwards. I do have to admit some people think people who cry are weak but I beg to differ! At least I deal with my negative emotions and get through them as well!
The Only thing is that if you do cry at least knwhy you’re crying!
I am glad your dealing with your emotions,Christina!
Hugs :hugs: & :kissing_heart:
May you be blessed :innocent:
Hugs
Jeannie

5 Likes

Yessss! :raised_hands::mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this info. Im sorry about your cry! Hoping you’re feeling better and you cleansed yourself with that good cry.
Blessed be.:candle::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you so much @walter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I certainly appreciate your caring words!! You rock! :metal:

6 Likes

Hey pretty girl,
Think of you everyday and send you love, strength and endurance.
Garnet

4 Likes