đŸ„ł Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Holiday Cheer

Seasons’ greetings to all!

Well done once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Magick in the Dark :new_moon:

After shadowy spellwork and magick with the New Moon, it’s time to switch things up and step out of the darkness. With the shadows behind us, it’s time to welcome a world of joyful warmth :hugs:

The theme for this week’s challenge is

:partying_face::evergreen_tree: Merry and Bright Magick for Holiday Cheer :confetti_ball::candle:

There are many holidays represented by various cultures throughout this month and into the next. With so much excitement in the air, now is great time to draw on the bountiful energy and bright lights of the season :christmas_tree:

Whether you are planning festivities for the Winter Solstice and Sabbat Yule or have other treasured traditions- consider working some magick to bring additional blessings to your celebrations :relieved:

This week’s challenge is all about using magick to invite happiness and bring additional blessings to your beloved traditions.

Are you ready? It’s
 CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 : Magick of the Season :sparkles:

There are so many ways you can use magick in tune with this time of year! Here are just a few suggestions to help get you started:

[ [ Celebrating Yule and the Winter Solstice ] ]

The pagan Wheel of the Year has 8 special sabbats- and the holiday Yule begins on the Winter Solstice on Monday, December 21!

You can learn more about Yule and the traditional 12 days of celebration in old pagan practices on the Yule Celebration Ritual page and in How to Celebrate Yule Alone.

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8

This is a great occasion for holiday crafting! You might consider making Yule DIY Pinecones or Magickal Yule Charms.

[@Silverbear’s beautiful Yule spoon charm shared in Yule Charms]

Yule logs are traditional for this holiday- considering getting the lovely wooden version for the fireplace or the smaller but tastier cake version! :evergreen_tree:

[@MeganB’s gorgeous yule log shared in Yule Log, Can it Be Any Log?]

You might also dazzle your friends and family with your knowledge about the Pagan Origins of Christmas Traditions, or break tradition and celebrate in your own way with Unusual Yule Celebration Ideas! :blush:

NOTE : While those of us in the Northern Hemisphere celebrate Yule and the Winter Solstice, friends in the Southern Hemisphere will be celebrating the equally exciting Litha and Summer Solstice :sun_with_face:

[ [ Inviting Holiday Happiness ] ]

Let’s be honest- it has been one tough year. For many, this holiday season may feel darker and lonelier than holidays in the past :pensive:.

If you are unable to spend time with loved ones for any reason this year, do not worry- you aren’t truly alone. And you can still draw on the cheer in the air as you celebrate a special time with a very special person- yourself! :heart:

Here are some potent spells that can help you find happiness and nurture yourself with self-love:

Selenite-Activation-Moon
Selenite Activation for Happiness

Magickal-Properties-of-Lemon-Witch
Magick with Lemons for Happiness and Joy

Harmonizing Recipe
Harmonizing Oil for Love, Peace, and Harmony

You can find more ideas in the Happiness Spell discussion and the many spells for self love :two_hearts:

[ [ 
 And so many more! ] ]

Let your creativity and individual talents shine in this challenge, in so many possible ways!

• Meditation for good things in the new year ahead :person_in_lotus_position:

• Cooking up some tasty Kitchen Witchery delights :woman_cook:

• Making blessed gifts for family and friends :gift:

• And more!

Feel free to delve into other ways to spice up this time of year with magickal cheer!

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please write about:

• Your experience brightening up the holidays with magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) on: Tuesday, December 22nd!

:gift_heart:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Yuletide blessings and nothing to fear, with love and light enjoy holiday cheer!

Happy Holidays and Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart::partying_face:

11 Likes

oooooo just in time for my new video! I created a lot of joy, protection and GOOD SMELLS – lol It’s always about the smells with me! :joy:

I’ve been a busy little witch over here creating all these videos for the Yule/Winter Solstice season.

This is what I used in my simmer pot

• Juniper - good healthy, protection, purification and banishing
  • Cedar - purification, protection, and healing
  • Allspice - healing and luck
  • Ginger -love, balance, grounding, and healing
  • Caraway - love, tranquility, and peace
  • Nutmeg - health and luck
  • Rosemary - warding off evil spirits, purification, and protection
  • Lemon - happiness, love, and purification
  • Orange - love, prosperity and success
  • Clove - protection, love, and purification
  • Bay Leaf - protection, healing, good fortune and purification
  • Cinnamon - spirituality, love, protection, luck, success and healing
12 Likes

Oh I think I have just the thing in mind for this challenge, too :sun_behind_small_cloud:

7 Likes

OOOOO
 I like this one too! I love all the challenges really.

Thank you @SilverBear for the simmer pot recipe & video, I can’t wait to dive in on Monday! It will the perfect time because I am also going to be making the wooden spoon for myself and a couple of witchy friends! I can’t wait now!

My daughter & I are going to be baking up a Yule log over the weekend too. We will definitely enjoy that ourselves. Hopefully before the teenagers get to it. I think 2 out of the 3 will be working over the weekend, so we have a good shot at making it until Monday.

6 Likes

You have been busy indeed, @Silverbear- and I’m so grateful for all of your hard witchy work, these videos are always a delight! Thanks for spreading the cheer (and those amazing holiday smells!) :drooling_face::two_hearts:

Can’t wait to see what your brilliant mind comes up with, @MeganB! :heart:

That’s so sweet, @Susurrus :two_hearts: Good luck with the holiday crafting and have fun baking the Yule log! Can’t wait to hear how it all goes :blush:

6 Likes

I will definitely let everyone know. My daughter says that it is, “so easy to bake, she can do it,” so it looks like I will be helping her.

6 Likes

Hopefully I can get it done before we have to pack everything up :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Have fun cooking the Yule log with your daughter, @Susurrus! Share pics when it’s done- I can’t wait to see your lovely cake! :yum:

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, @MeganB- wishing you all the best of luck with the big move! It will be wonderful to start the new year in a safe new place :house_with_garden::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Thanks :hugs: I’m hoping to do something special, without too many people knowing, on our walkthrough Monday :sun_behind_large_cloud: The solstice is seeming to be symbolic for me this year :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

To make sure I don’t forget to respond to this later, here are my plans for Winter Solstice and Yule. Today I watched the Newgrange Winter Solstice lighting online. (I mentioned it twice elsewhere already, sorry.)

I live in town so a bonfire at the start of winter might draw attention. :sweat_smile: (No Yule log yet, but I might still buy some swiss cake rolls.) Instead, I plan on pretending a shelf on my wall alter is a birthday cake. :open_mouth: :rofl: Not really, but from the picture you’ll see why I really need to watch my candles tomorrow.

While I celebrated Samhain :jack_o_lantern: as my new year, I think this will be a great opportunity to do some candle magic. (And let’s be honest, Advent is a giant :candle: magic festival. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

The candles I am using are:
Brown - Grounding
Green - Prosperity in the New Year
Purple - Spiritual Growth
Blue - Connecting with my Water Sign, :cancer:, for Peace in the Chaos
Black - Remove the Negative Energy
White - Heal My Mind and Body
Silver - Honor My Goddess

7 Likes

I’ve been in a pain flare for 2 days, so we weren’t able to make the Yule Log Cake. I did put together a simmer pot with help My Weekend Simmer Pot

I’m hoping for some of dislocations to ease tomorrow. Today it’s been my ribs & right shoulder, so I’ve been on the couch today.

I also haven’t received my wooden spoons for my Yule charms yet. Now they won’t be here until Wednesday afternoon. They were supposed to be here yesterday!

I did make the witch’s ball & pinecone

I decorated my door with another, more festive set of Witch’s Bells

Tomorrow I have a couple of appointments & I think I’m going to embrace my blankets for the day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I love :blue_heart: the witch’s ball, @krissie117 . :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you have less pain tomorrow.

7 Likes

Nice altar @praecog29! Candle magic is definitely a favourite of mine!

And Tarot spells too:

Wow @Susurrus those look really neat!

Did you remember to do the Prayer for Shipped Packages :laughing:!?

8 Likes

Since this is our first Yule we decided to celebrate a bit differently than in years past. Usually our family celebrate the 12 days of Christmas but this year my husband made me a Yule log and hand crafted candles. We did solitary Yule celebration and meditated on being thankful for all the wonderful gifts we have received all year long.

I also did a very large salt bowl.

I incorporated all this in our traditional Christmas decor as you can see in the background. :slight_smile: My daughter earlier was thinking of a dear friend who was murdered on Christmas eve and I helped her get over her depression by having her help me decorate while explaining that I also feel down a bit because this is my mother’s favorite season. She died in 1996 and Christmas is very hard for me as well. But I have an ancestor altar that I did for November All Souls day to remember her and to not forget she is in a better place like my daughter’s friend. She perked up and is feeling much better tonight. We will be heading out tomorrow to celebrate Winter Solstice with my son and his fiance (plus family) tomorrow. Very different than last year.

11 Likes

Jeannie
Blessed be

Blessed be

10 Likes

I love ur decorations Krissie looks really good! Looks like you have the spirit! I love all of them!
Jeannie

7 Likes

A very symbolic solstice indeed, @MeganB! I hope the walkthrough goes well and wishing you all the best- a new home is a great way to celebrate the return of the sun! :sun_with_face::house_with_garden::two_hearts:

Go for those swiss cake rolls, @praecog29! :joy::+1: Your candle set-up looks beautiful- you’ve prepared such a wonderful collection! It sounds like your Yuletide celebrations are already off to a wonderful start. Enjoy, and may your holiday be full of light and happiness :candle::heart:

Your simmer pot looked lovely, @Susurrus- I hope it helped to ease your pain! Shame about the spoons. I know the post is a bit of a nightmare these days, so I second Fransciso’s suggestion- @Berta’s lovely Prayer for Shipped Packages is perfect for that! :package: At least you have the other crafts to do- and they are stunning! Really well done, Krissie. Thanks for sharing your treasures! :two_hearts:

Absolutely lovely, @Magdelina! I hope you and your husband had a lovely meditation. Your decorations are beautiful- thank you so much for sharing! Enjoy your happy solstice celebrations with your loved ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hooray, @Jeannie1! Everything looks very festive and so nice- well done! Hope you are having a wonderful Yule :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

The holidays bring a lot of joy but also a hectic haze! :laughing: I’ve been bustling around getting things ready for my Yule celebrations and Christmas festivities with my partner.

The tree is here and ready :christmas_tree: , and I got some lovely mistletoe to decorate the apartment with:

It looks like I was in tune with @Berta, who has shared some lovely information about mistletoe’s lore, history, and important role in Yule: Why we kiss under the mistletoe :kiss: and Mistletoe and Butterflies :butterfly:.

I blessed the mistletoe under the light of the moon for one night before hanging- soaking up that Waxing Moon energy :waxing_gibbous_moon: and getting ready for the return of the sun after the solstice :sun_with_face:

I also came up with a little Green Witch home blessing to say while decorating:

Seasonal spirits of joy and wealth
Ward off the darkness, bring us good health.
Evergreen tree and mistletoe-
The seed of next year will soon start to grow!

The decorations are a combo for the solstice/Yule, Christmas, and New Years’ celebrations- so I’ve got 3-in-1 covered! :partying_face:

And what would a holiday be without a little baking? :woman_cook:

(A close-up shot because I’ve already eaten 3/4 of it :rofl:)

A seasonal crisp with apples, pears, cranberries, and ginger :apple::pear::red_circle::orange_heart:. Plus a hearty helping of some of the other warming holiday spices talked about in the Fiery Brew Group Ritual a few weeks back.

Still got lots to do, but everything is slowly coming into place! I’ll be cooking up a special Yuletide meal tonight and doing a Solstice meditation to welcome in the light again :relieved::sun_with_face:

Wishing a very Happy Yule to all! :hugs::heart:

9 Likes

And it’s time for a friendly reminder that this challenge closes:

:grey_exclamation: TOMORROW: Dec 22nd, at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

If haven’t posted yet and you’ve got some fun holiday preparations done, we’d love to see them! Feel free to post about your magickal holiday cheer by the deadline.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Love everyone’s beautiful pictures. I feel like I have just had a “Holiday Tour of Homes”
Nice bundle of Mistletoe @BryWisteria. I wish I had your recipe for that yummy crisp you made. I have never added pear and cranberry - that is a healthy twist.

@Jeannie1 I Love your beautiful bells and I love the way you decorated your Yule Log. :heart_eyes:

@Magdelina your hubby did a great job on your Yule Log AND HANDCRAFTED CANDLES!!! That is truly the pioneer spirit at work. You’ll appreciate that Emily (my daughter in Wyoming) cut a small tree to decorate her table, (avoiding the dogs tail). The ornaments I sent her this year were too heavy for the branches! Made me think of Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.

@Susurrus I love your ornament with the inspiration tag and your pinecones (a favorite I had to add to the old BOS). I have to ask if you made your bells. They are stunning!!! :heart_eyes:

@praecog29 Thanks for your candle array! I love candles (when they don’t blow up) and that is a lovely way to celebrate solstice. To be honest, it never crossed my mind to use a bit of candle magic
like two favorite in one - as long as I am burning candles why not add purpose. Perfect!.

@Susurrus and @SilverBear I love the simmer pots. One of my favorite holiday memories was drinking homemade Wassail after Christmas Caroling. I miss the smell and taste of that spicy drink. You inspire me to see if I can make a small batch at home. (Wonder where Dad stashed the Rum)
 :roll_eyes: If I can’t find all the ingredients I know I can at least use your simmer pot idea and make the house smell festive and protected.

@Francisco thank you for adding your lovely tarot spread. Something must have happened in a past life that has me jumpy around those cards. I haven’t been able to figure out my anxiety about them. It is NOT rational. My heart pounds, my hands shake and I would define my emotion as ‘fear’. It is a real love/hate relationship I have with them. So strange. I admire anyone who has the gift to work with Tarot. I find the images beautiful and intriguing. It truly frustrates me.

10 Likes