⏰ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch Up!

A warm welcome to all!

Congrats once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Of Goals and Intent :scroll:

With our new goals in mind and ready for great things to come, it’s time for a challenge of a different sort this week. This is a chance to start the new year caught up on things you may have missed.

The theme for this challenge is…

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :bookmark:

To celebrate our 25th Weekly Challenge something special is happening…

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forums? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Are you ready? It’s a blast from the past!

Here’s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are over 20 previous challenges to choose from.

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below:

For details about each challenge including rules, guidelines and inspiration click the link and visit that challenge page.

1. :star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter
  2. :compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
  3. :money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
  4. :dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
  5. :sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
  6. :cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
  7. :pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
  8. :full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
  9. :ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
  10. :sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
  11. :open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
  12. :alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
  13. :crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
  14. :honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master
  15. Catch-Up Challenge Number I
  16. :skull: The Veil Between Worlds - Witch of the Veil
  17. :candle: Of Candles and Flame - Witch of the Flame
  18. :hocho: Creative Crafting - Creatively Crafty
  19. :gem: Heed the Call of Crystals - Crystal Collector
  20. :bathtub: Scrub-a-dub, Magick in the Tub - Bubbly Witch
  21. :yarn: Of Spells and String - Weavemaster
  22. :new_moon: Magick in the Dark - Tenebris Lucem
  23. :partying_face: Holiday Cheer - Merrily Magickal
  24. :scroll: Of Goals and Intent - Finis patrator
  25. Catch-Up Challenge Number II

How many challenges can I do this week?

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week, you may decide to do up to two challenges to collect those titles.

This limit is just to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) - but no worries! Another chance to join in on any missed challenges will come again soon :+1:

Not sure which challenges you participated in?

No worries! If you can’t remember if you joined a challenge, you can check that challenge’s Props and Presents page in the Activities Category .

Or, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.
  2. Click on the person icon and select “Summary”.
  3. Next, click on “Badges”

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

To participate in this challenge, you must share your entry!

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below

• :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. Please use a hyperlink back to this thread, linking your entry to the challenge!

• :no_entry_sign: Please do not post your entry in the comments of the old challenge

Also: please don’t forget to include the name of the challenge you are entering in somewhere in your post as well!

Your friendly challenge-monitoring mod thanks you very much! :hugs:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-01-12T06:00:00Z CET (Central European Time)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the badge(s) associated with the challenge(s) they completed.! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The door to the past has reopened but for a moment- let your magick shine across various aspects of the craft and don’t be afraid to explore new possibilities!

Blessed be :heart:

8 Likes

I chose magic in the dark because I didn’t do it.lol but I chose scrying with my clear quartz point. But why a point and not a sphere? My point is huge! In order to scry, the crystal should be in a straight line in between you and the candle light.

I first grounded myself, took deep breaths.I light a candle, held my crystal and started searching. At first I couldn’t see much but what looked like clouds then I saw a star. :star: A star is my happy symbol. Everytime I see it, it reminds me to smile and be grateful.

I’ve tried to take a picture showing it, but I can’t seem to get the perfect one. Anyway, here’s the point, just showing the size of the one face.

8 Likes

Yay! Another chance to catch-up on some of the challenges I missed :heart:

7 Likes

I remember having every intention of doing the Scrub a Dub - Magick in the Tub and couldn’t do it, so I am definitely doing that one. The second one I will have to think about and check my badges to see what I may have missed. Oh this will be fun. I will have to think of a good one for this because I want to just make sure all of my negativity is gone and do a protection and cleansing ritual. Maybe I will do it today if I can find some time. If not definitely tomorrow before my surgeon appointment.

5 Likes

What an Awsome thing to point out that it reminds you to be a :star: star! I like how you intertwined the crystal to Gratitude and a smile! :blush: No attitude! Lol :laughing:
Thank you Christina!
Fyi I found a grid on wish that is cool I’m thinking of getting it so I can do some more crystal work! Thanks for your encouragement!
Blessed be

7 Likes

I found this at the thrift store! 3 dollars was a good find for the cheapies in my magical experience. I am going to make a Fairy Garden 🧚‍♀️

Blessed be
Jeannie
I’ll send you a pic of my fairy Garden too when it’s done. This is going to be so fun!

9 Likes

It sounds like your scrying led you towards something wonderful, @Christina4 :star2: And such a lovely crystal too! Well done with your magick in the dark! :grin:

The holiday season is always so busy, I figured it was high time for a chance to catch-up! And I know some have been extra busy- I hope you are settling into the exciting new house and finally having a chance to relax, @MeganB! :heart:

Wonderful! Good luck with your appointment, @Susurrus! I’m looking forward to seeing your lovely shower ritual :shower::sparkles:

Lovely crystal grid and great find at the thrift store, @Jeannie1! :star_struck: It’s always wonderful to find treasures while saving money- I am sure your fairy garden will be beautiful :fairy: If you’d like, this would be a great entry for the thrifty witch challenge! :clap:

7 Likes

I wanted to share this when we were celebrating Yule and I just never got to it. I think it may fit into Kitchen Witchery or Holiday Cheer.
When I was little my Mum would set out oranges and whole cloves and let us make POMANDERS. I still associate the smell of orange and spices with the Holidays. So here you go… This is how to make a
POMANDER BALL

Pomander Balls: Phase 1

Ingredients:

Cloves

Orange: Find an orange which has no external bruises or signs of decay. Choose an orange that looks bright and smells perfectly for you.

ORANGES: Masculine
Planet : Sun
Element : Fire
Attributes : Love, Divination, Luck, Money

On a Sunday, poke whole cloves into the skin of the orange - If you find this difficult use a needle or a very light weight nail or tack to pierce the skin of the orange. Don’t go too deep in the skin, you want to avoid getting too deep into the flesh as you want the cloves to hold tight. The clove buds should almost touch each other forming circles around the orange. Once the fruit is covered with cloves let it dry out in a dry place preferably in a paper bag for at least 2 weeks, change the paper bag if needed. After two weeks prepare the following.

Pomander Balls: Phase 2

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon of finely chopped bay leaves (use scissors)

1 teaspoon of ground cloves

1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon of orris root (you can use up to 1 teaspoon if you prefer)

Create a powder mix of the above. Please the orange in a large towel (or paper towel) and sprinkle the dust on the orange, repeating with any dust that has fallen off ensuring to cover the entire orange. Alternatively you can roll the orange on the powder but do this gently – I still advice to use the first method. Once finished let the orange sit for another 7-10 days. You should decorate the orange with a red or golden ribbon. When tying the orange say the following:

‘Tie the Ribbons three times round
for prosperity, and love and joy abound.
Golden lines of ribbon bestow
Luck, and blessings as we go.’

If you want to hang the ball I suggest to put the fruit in a square of tulle or netting to avoid any accidents. You can tie the ribbons at the top of the netting followed by the same chant.

You can tie the ball near a window or leave it as a decoration on the table. For extra potency place it on your alter during your Yule celebrations and leave it as long as you like. (Mum always hung them in the coat closet).

If the orange goes bad or for any other reason you need to dispose of the pomander do not worry. It has served the purpose absorbing any negativity. Simply bury it in the ground and say:

“ Gaea’s Orange the golden ball,
thank you for your gifts one and all.

Buried in this Earth, all negativity now leaves
Renew, restored, by brightest sun
Rest easy now your work is done…

Pomander Ball Recipe Source

8 Likes

Thanks for thinking about me! I do have a couple of these tho.

8 Likes

Travel Witch I am sorry oops :speak_no_evil:
I apologize I thought it was all together! I thought it was for ones that I missed.
Jeannie

7 Likes

Your Pomanders sound gorgeous, @berta :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I bet they bring back treasured memories of holidays with your mother- thank you so much for sharing this heartfelt recipe! And an extra thank you for sharing the helpful magickal properties and links too :tangerine:

This lovely spellwork fits the bill for a few different challenges (Kitchen Witchery, Thrifty Witch, Creative Crafting, Holidiay Cheer) so feel free to choose which title you’d like- whichever you choose, you earned it! :heart:

No worries at all, @Jeannie1! :blush: You are right- this is the chance to “make up” missed challenges. Your lovely thrifty find fits perfectly with challenge number 3 (Thrifty Witch)- so I am happy to award you that title! Well done :clap:

Have you had a chance to start on your Fairy Garden yet? I am sure it will come out lovely! :fairy::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Ooops, I sure learned a lesson tonight… do not try to brew potions when tired! It makes it hard to treat the ingredients with due respect… good thing the worst thing that happened was breathing some alcohol fumes… not as fun as it sounds! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@CelestiaMoon LOL… hope you get some good sleep…and no more huffing alcohol ! Will be interesting to find out what you were brewing!

7 Likes

This is both exciting and mentally exhausting at the same time. :crazy_face:

The day I joined the coven was the day “Trying Something New” was first posted. It’s challenge ended on the day I met a magical friend in person for the first time.

“Celestial Exploration” was going on when I self initiated into Wicca and casts my first spell as a witch.

“The Thrifty Witch” was going on when my wife and I filed for divorce.

“Dream Magick” ended on the day I accepted my new apartment.

“Kitchen Witchery” ended on the day I moved into it.

“Moon Magick” was going on both during the happiest weekend of my life and on one of the darkest nights of my life.

While not a Weekly Witchy Challenge, mrs’ “Self Love Challenge” took place when I was definitely doing the opposite of self love. :no_mouth:

“Inviting Abundance” saw me move back home.

During “Books, Tomes, and Tales” my wife and I decided to stay married. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I could go on but I will skip to “The Veil Between Worlds.” It was then that I found out I needed to let go of my magical friend - maybe until our next lives. But it was also then that my life turned around for the better.

I don’t want anyone to feel down. Both ups and downs happened during the time the Weekly Witchy Challenges have been going on. I have grown a lot and learned even more during all of this time. @BryWisteria and everyone that has participated in these challenges, your stories are markers in my story. Your successes and failures and times of learning and sharing all mark major points in my 2020. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.

The Weekly Witchy Challenges are a reminder that 2020 was an important year. There was a lot of loss and a lot of pain for many, if not most, of us. But there was also a growing connection between all of us in the coven because of these challenges. I am thankful for that.

So I don’t know which two I will choose to do this weekend but I know all of them remind me of why and how much I love Spells8.

9 Likes

Travel Witch ,
I got two tree stumps and I just need to find the roof for the garden! I would like to put some light in the garden and some furniture! It’s going to be so magical! I can’t wait then I am going to get my yoga swing and hang upside down from my tree. :evergreen_tree: Ill be able to see my fairy garden!

My pic in my living room, my husband found at a garage sale! Nice find :thinking: I think

Question is this page for all the challenges? I just got confused because I went to one of the sections I think it was the dream interpretation and said it was closed. I made a dream sachet.
I missed out, and been working all the time and trying to work with the little time I have.
Thanks for helping appreciate you Travel Witch so much! 🪢🧚‍♀️
Blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes

Praecog29
This is so amazing did you record all the challenges? I went back through all of my mail and began to record dates. I didn’t want to forget neither. I got my calendar and marked what we did. I can appreciate your devotion. I thought I was the only person who did that! Only you were very specific on what was happening on that day! You give me inspiration to record better! So that is a very good quality to have. I love that you remember your day and details. Can you give me your routine? I wish I could remember what was happening during the times I did my challenges. I realized We are all going through something! I know you wrote this out to Travel Witch but It really touched me! I do appreciate your openness! I am very happy that your magical friend is there! And happy you both worked it out! Everyday I go to someone’s house and help people and everyone has there own story. I am so honored to be apart of everyone’s story and life! Thanks for sharing praecog29 you did so much! Good job :clap: I am so excited for you and your progress!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Dream Magic 5
I had a dream last night it was bad. Turns out I have a blockage in my life. I think it had something to do with my dream pillow.
The night before I did I little dream magic, I made a sachet and also stuffed my pillow with cedar wood chips, sandle wood, orange peel, lemon for new beginnings. I put lavender for calm, orange , mugwort for dreams , thyme to enhance my dreams. Also rose for the act of love during rest . And dragons blood for the spell to be enhanced! I just said a prayer that way I would have sweet dreams!
[image|666x500]
(upload://vLiKDkoobje2dwfZbL5oxLoxr3p.jpeg)

Blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes

Wow… I think you have had more than just our simple WEEKLY CHALLENGE @praecog29 you have been living a reality of DAILY challenge. That’s a lot of stress to deal with in a short span of time… Unfortunately I know you are not alone - just with your own unique stressors. I hope you can look back on the posts and find some comforting self care… perhaps just indulge in a cup of tea or (soothing BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOOSING) My sister gave me some really wonderful Hot Cocoa powder for Christmas. Glad you find comfort in our company. Hang tough. Trust in change and with your permission I will send prayers your way.

6 Likes

Thank you, @Jeannie1 and @berta. I don’t want to derail this thread but I did want to point out that with nearly every “milestone” the Spells8 community has discovered together, I’ve had a personal milestone happening at the same time. It’s wild to think about. Rest assured, I’m in the best place I’ve been in within the last few years. That, too, has been happening during these challenges.

I’m truly excited to take some of these challenges on and collect a couple more badges. I can’t help reflecting on my life’s journey over the last half of 2020 when I pick which ones to do, and maybe “mentally exhausting” were the wrong words to use, but I’m thankful for this wonderful group and the things we do to learn with each other and grow together. :grin:

6 Likes

:blush: Sounds good! @praecog29 Glad to know the road is smoothing out. Look forward to your posts.

6 Likes