🌊 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Water

A very merry meet to all! :wave:

Thank you once again to the wonderful folks who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch Up :alarm_clock:

After collecting titles and playing a game of catch up, it’s time to hone in on one specific aspect of magick.

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:droplet::snowflake: Of the Element Water :ocean::sweat_drops:

The elements can be found in just about every aspect of our lives. By studying and incorporating the fluid and adaptable qualities of water, we can enhance our magick in watery ways :droplet:

This week’s challenge is all about exploring the benefits and uses of the element water.

Are you ready? It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

STEP 1 : Water in Magick :sweat_drops:

There are so many possible ways to use the qualities of water in your magick. Here are just a few suggestions to help get you started:

:man_playing_water_polo: Learn about the qualities of water

The Spells8 Water Elemental Page is a great place to learn more about this element.

Element-Water-Correspondences

:bathtub: Bath and Shower Rituals

As one of the most accessible (and perhaps most pleasant!) ways to draw on the qualities of water, a bath or shower ritual is a wonderful choice when working watery magick.

:open_book: Find water correspondences

Crystals :gem: , horoscopes :capricorn: , and herbs :herb: are just a few of the things that can be tied to elements. Consider looking into your favorite tools to find which things draw on the energy of water.

:funeral_urn: Magickal Waters

Consider making the following water-based potions:

:raised_hands: … And more!

Feel free to let your creativity flow with this challenge :grin::ocean:

STEP 3 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

No matter how you choose to tackle this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please share:

• Your experience learning about or using the qualities of water in your magickal practice

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

2021-01-19T06:00:00Z (Central European Time Zone)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the badge(s) associated with the challenge(s) they completed.! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that these activities are designed to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The power of water is adaptable and ever-changing; Will you use this magickal element as gentle nourishment or as a raging tsunami?

Blessed be! :blue_heart:

17 Likes

When I think of the element of water I think Lisa Thiel sums it up best in her song Invocation from the Album Circle of the Seasons.
We turn now to the Quarter of West, the place where the sacred waters rest, powers of the oceans power of flow, power to see, power to know, powers of rivers and of streams, powers of visions and of dreams, powers of cleansing and of healing, power of feeling, power of being. Power of water be with us this night and bring your blessings to our rite.
One magical property of water that is amazing among liquids is the way it’s two hydrogen atoms attach to the one Oxygen atom. They attach at angles rather than linear chains. That’s why spilled gasoline spreads out wide , it’s atoms are formed in linear chains. It’s why water beads, because it’s atoms form angles and causes an angular attraction to other water molecules. This property allows it to somewhat defy gravity.
The invocation of the element of water is a reminder that we as humans have feelings and intuition. They’re not powers to be ignored or dismissed.

11 Likes

Thank you @John4 you always amaze me with your knowledge and insight. I love the invocation! That is beautiful!

I like this challenge @BryWisteria. I will have to give it some serious thought. I love water. Like @john4 I have always been fascinated by its structure and ability to do what other elements cannot. Like how ice forms, the patterns of snowflake, the lace of window frost. All so amazing.
Dr Masaru studied the scientific evidence of how the molecular structure in water transforms when it is exposed to human words, thoughts, sounds and intentions. The study had its skeptics but I have no doubt that water has powers beyond our comprehension and that all living things benefit from its presence - (more than just hydration). I also believe it should be treated with great reverence. I don’t believe it is coincidence that the human brain is 77-78% water.

Can’t wait to see what others post on this topic! :blush:Water-Messages-Dr-Masaru-Emoto-Love-and-Gratitude

10 Likes

Yes indeed, it is so abundant we take it for granted and it’s easy to overlook water’s incredible attributes.

9 Likes

I’m genuinely intrigued by this challenge. I am a water sign, Scorpio, so I’m happy to learn more about the element of water. I just used a ritual shower for my catch-up challenge so I think I will learn a little more about how it corresponds to my sign and other signs. What makes them water signs types of things. This one will be fun and informative, I can’t wait to see what others do for it too. :ocean: :droplet: :cloud_with_rain:

7 Likes

I scry & I Read The Wax by using the art of interpretation and read the shapes in the wax. I did this in the water. The element of water is healing, loving, psychic!I thought this would be a good way to practice since Francisco just talked about The Reading Of Wax.

I feel this was what my inward eye wanted to tell me, despite my feelings. My thoughts may be rigid at times but deep down inside I love :heart: myself. Attuning myself to spirit and listening to what spirit wanted to say to me. My third eye inspired me to love myself more with my full potential! I see myself, meditating, being my best self in the light of everyday. At the core of my being I want to love :two_hearts: and be
Balanced, and have Serenity, and openness!

6 Likes

Beautifully put, @john4! :blush: Thanks for the sharing the song- the lyrics sounded so beautiful I had to hear for myself!

It’s a truly gorgeous song- here’s a link for anyone who’d like to listen too:

That’s an incredible study about a fascinating aspect of our lives- it seems that water still holds some of it’s murky and magnificent mysteries! :face_with_monocle::droplet:

I chuckled at the “You Disgust Me” picture- was that part of the study? I wonder what someone said to make the water make a disgusted “face” like that! :laughing:

Yes! As Scorpios, water is the element of our horoscope! :scorpius::grin: Your shower ritual was lovely, Krissie- I look forward to seeing what you choose to do! Enjoy :ocean:

The wax on the water reminds me of petals from cherry blossom trees in spring- so beautiful, Jeannie! :blush::cherry_blossom:

422f1551dbf0c75595d334f9914754e0

In Japan where I lived, the cherry blossoms are a huge event each Spring. Everyone gathers in the parks for O-hanami (flower-viewing parties). The lovely pink petals and elegant trees symbolize the coming of spring, beauty, purity, and happiness.

It sounds like this aligns very well with your desires- may all your wishes come true! :raised_hands::cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Krissie- I am happy to hear about the elements
Too! What is your sighn? Scorpio is really nice!I am a air sighn!
I think the other water sighn are cancer, Pisces!

John- Thanks for the beautiful song :notes: I will have something to listen to today and it’s educational! lol :laughing:

Berta- Damion Echols was talking about water
A scientist proved that the water molecules are healing or you can tell what’s happening. when you play music, it either can be disturbed or healing. For example when you play rock music compared to the classical music. There is a scientific fact that water absorbs energy.
Jeannie
Blessed be

6 Likes

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

I read this after work yesterday & instantly said “yep, time for a nice meditation bath!” So I gathered my supplies & got everything ready.

I steeped a pot of my BFFs bath tea & added a cup of cannabis Epsom salt to a HOT HOT HOT bath, lit a blue candle, chose the Water Element Invocation linked above and settled in. After the invocation I was feeling great energy, so after relaxing in the tub for awhile, I found a New Moon meditation on YouTube & spent 15 minutes doing a guided meditation!

I’m an Earth sign, with little to no water in my chart, so it’s not often I call on the element water. It was such a refreshing & uplifting feeling! Which makes complete sense, my best friends are both water signs, I love swimming, being near water, etc.

Great challenge, thanks for giving me what I needed!

[Edit, I forgot I took pictures just for this post! Lol]

11 Likes

Haley,
It makes complete sense, my sighn is air and that’s why I always use my brain. I am Analytical you see. I see that if I get all of the elements that would create a sense of balance.
Hey I am so glad you did this challenge it seems to challenge us in the right direction.
I am glad you had fun taking care of self! I use to think it was selfish to take me time out! I see it can be really beneficial!
I am born on the cusp, I take after Libra. I see your earthly that is awesome :clap: quality to have!
Jeannie
Blessed be

9 Likes

I retreat to water for nourishment after a long day in the sense of a steamy shower to soak the negativity of the day away, I imagine the power of water recharging me.
I also take to the ocean almost every chance I get, at least every Sunday to just center myself and clear my thoughts or process the difficult ones. When I first get there, I will shed my shoes no matter the temp and walk out to greet the ocean, I watch the waves a bit and if I’m struggling with anything I give it to the waves as they come up to me and exhale as they take it away. I love the feeling of calmness that it leaves me with. After that, I explore or lounge on the beach, before leaving I always say thank you and til we meet again…
Here are some most recent pics:

The power of this magickal element never ceases to amaze me.

9 Likes

Your meditation bath sounds heavenly- a perfect treat after a day of hard work! :bathtub::relaxed: Even without much water in your astrological chart, it is an element of life and has some lovely benefits that everyone can draw on- and it sounds like you found the best of those watery traits! :droplet:

I’m so glad you enjoyed the challenge- thanks for sharing your lovely and relaxation bath meditation! :blue_heart:

I know this feeling well- there’s something enchanting and powerful about the ocean that calls out and draws us in :ocean: There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t miss seeing and hearing the beach close by! :beach_umbrella: Thanks so much sharing those stunning pictures- it is so lovely to see the natural beauty of the waves and sky. And even the moon too- beautiful! :full_moon:

8 Likes

I love this little infographic/mood board from the artist waterofwhimsy. I thought this would be perfect to share for the Water Element challenge.

Crystals/Stones that correspond with water

• Ammonite, Aquamarine, Azurite, Caribbean Calcite, Chrysocolla, Emerald, Fossil Coral, Lake Superior Agate, Moonstone, Ocean Jasper, Pearl, Sapphire, Selenite, Sodalite

I came across this blog from Witchipedia and found it very informative over Water (magick, philosophy, plants, astrology, etc)
Witchipedia - Water Element Info Link

9 Likes

I love this spell and it uses Elemental water – it’s quick and easy and I use it often! -

7 Likes

Those are gorgeous pictures! I love that I am so close to the beaches here too! I go to them when I need to just be. I love going during storms or windy weather to watch the power of the water doing it’s thing. I tried living away from water, but it didn’t work out well for me. I wasn’t myself and I could feel it weighing on me that I wasn’t near it anymore. You take for granted what you have until it’s gone for a while.

7 Likes

Beautiful beach pictures @Rowan! You take great photos!

7 Likes

Thank you,:blush:

5 Likes

Tamara that is so beautiful!
I Really want to go to the ocean!
Just so I can look at the beautiful sky in the water. The waves crashing in the mysteriousness of the deep ocean.
Very lovely
Jeannie

7 Likes

Picture taken on my trip to Alaska. -
The power of water. Ancient and pure. In all its forms. Awe inspiring.

Me in my happy place.

13 Likes

Gorgeous pictures @berta ! I would love to travel to see the different places the water hits the earth, but I don’t think I have the time or the money to do so. I’m sure these pictures don’t do it justice, but they are gorgeous just the same!

10 Likes