I worship the Triple Goddess. She makes the most sense to me since I come from a Christian faith dominated by the belief in a Trinitarian God. To me, she is my Goddess, or the Goddess.
Although I know she isn’t the moon, I look to the moon when I worship at night. Since I was a teenager, whenever I was in great pain, I would look up and find peace in her gentle light. I started dabbling in the craft at 15 but the power I found there scared me. I thought for sure it must be “demons” due to my upbringing and I tried to suppress what was building in me over the last 25 years.
To make this condensed, I am skipping a lot of the flowing imagery and most of the details. Suffice to say, I have seen, heard, experienced things to wonderful for most to even imagine.
And this is why it’s been so hard for me to write anything about my journey. Most will never believe it. But the journey has been amazing. You would not recognize the old me vs the new me that is on this site. While I want to get into that story in some depth, it’s not time for that yet.
This post isn’t about me. I am just a guy living in the midwest in America. I don’t have a degree or a fancy job. I don’t have money or prestige. I have three kids and a failed open marriage. I was suicidal last year and had to be rescued by a friend with the nickname Moon. (There is no such thing as a coincidence.)
So why do I post any of this?
- I want to share the few lessons I have found most important.
- I want to share praise for my Goddess because none of the wonders I have experienced have been my doing. They have all been hers.
Things I have learned:
- Trust the magic. Don’t try to control it. Don’t try to explain it. Let it flow through you naturally. Whatever methods you use from the craft, remember they are tools or rituals but the the real power is in you and all around you.
- Embrace mystery. We can learn a great deal from each other on here and I love and value this site. At the end of the day, though, remember a little mystery goes a long way. We don’t need to know or understand everything. Doing so can steal from the “magic” of each experience.
- Know yourself and then love yourself. It is impossible to truly love others if you can’t love your true self. Take the time you need to work on you and allow the universe to handle the rest.
Praise for my Goddess:
This year I have been healed of a peanut allergy. I have seen friends’ careers be blessed after our candle magic. Another friend’s pneumonia disappeared after candle magic. Clouds have physically split in the sky so we could see the moon. I have heard the adult voice of a 6 month old child more than once. A friend has heard my songs about a walk I was taking in her own dream and she told me about it after waking up. I have heard her singing from her kitchen, even though I was in my car.
I don’t know what is going on but I know it can’t be explained and instance after instance has pointed me to one inescapable conclusion. There are many deities out there, but the Goddess has been the one speaking to me and reaching out to me for 25 years. This year she finally captured my heart and soul and I am excited to follow the path she has laid out for me. There is power in the universe and she is the one lighting the way for me so I can see it and marvel at it.