Candle Reading: A Bridge Appears?

That’s wild! :star_struck: Beautiful candle too- what a lovely color :black_heart: :purple_heart:

When spell candles used in magick do interesting things, I think it’s well worth stopping to ponder over :candle: :mag:

The first thing I thought of was a precipice- standing on the edge over the darkness, looking into the unknown. One can continue to take small steps, playing it safe, going out as far as they possibly can- but eventually they must take the leap. Otherwise, the ground will fall out from under them and they will fall into it all the same. It’s the power of choice- you can choose to take the leap into the unknown, or the divine will pull the ground out from under your feet to get you to where you need to go.

Just what I thought while looking at the candle- it’s really neat to see what the wax did! Thanks for sharing it, @starborn :candle: :blush:

7 Likes

I have a photo of me burning Lilith and Morrigan candles from the same seller:

The above is from 20 February at 22:30.

And the above is from 25 March at 02:53.

Both have cascades of wax down the side that don’t pool as mountains. So I’m thinking those are about change, which is definitely happening at this point (February-March). I’m fully getting into practicing witchcraft and doing devotionals to Lilith, The Morrigan, and Hekate!

I also went through my photos and found I’d taken photos of all the candles I’d bought from that Etsy seller. The candle doing the weird thing is actually a full moon ritual candle! I got thrown off because it looks purple, but it’s black and white. Wild!

I burnt the one I asked about at 04:10 on 9 March. Yes, I have some very late nights. :joy:

The Morrigan, Lilith, and Hekate ones look very different:

The Hekate ones are super special, and I haven’t used either yet. I’ve been planning on using these when we move.

10 Likes

Considering when this is from, I think that’s probably a very good interpretation. :thinking:

It’s from 9 March, so my third month of practicing. It is probably my very first full-moon candle burning, too!

At some point, I suppose I did dive off. Perhaps when I started talking here. :laughing: Or perhaps earlier than that, when I did my Lucifer rituals.

I will pay more attention to how candles burn from now on. And share anything interesting that happens when I burn the last lot from WitchyKayKays. :black_heart:

7 Likes

I think you did take the leap, whatever it may have been! It’s a hard thing to do- I bet your guides/spirits/deities/demons are proud of you :blush: (And I bet they’re happy when we take important steps for ourselves- it saves the divine from having to push us! :laughing: )

Yay! :partying_face: The candles you got are stunning- you have some really gorgeous ones there. Let us know how they burn! :candle: :blush: Happy spellwork!

9 Likes

I know these candles are different, but as there’s wax, flame, and smoke reading in many various forms, is there anything to be gleaned from these auras and light streaks?

Like, from this:

To the purple one with these purple auras:

To this, the first spell candle I ever used, with a like, blue beam coming up out of it.

Is there something meaningful away from these?

7 Likes

I can glean that they’re absolutely beautiful! I feel like I could stare into their light for hours :star_struck: :candle: :two_hearts:

And I think you’re right- there are a lot of ways to read and interpret possible messages from spell candles! Usually one area is honed in on, but I imagine you could combine different methods/forms of reading the spell candle.

When it comes to reading flames (how they flicker, dance, and move), Francisco has a great guide about that:

Alternatively, reading lights and auras is a bit of a different process- I think you’d want to dig into the world of auras instead.

There’s a brief guide to auras, aura color meanings, and ways to read them here:

And there was also a challenge about it a while back- the Coven had some great entries and wisdom about working with and reading auras that might help!

Just a few thoughts on the table for you to consider! I hope you can find some ideas for reading the light streaks and auras and that you’re able to find any messages your beautiful candles have for you! :candle: :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. :black_heart: I find that using the flames is the most difficult, as it’s really easy to affect how the candle burns and the flames dance. I see he covers that in the section about mundane explanations.

But it’s fun and interesting for me to try, nevertheless. Perhaps I’ll eventually get more proficient at it! :grin:

Thank you. :black_heart:

Blue aura: Typically indicates a calm and serene state of mind.
Red aura: Often indicates passion or anger.
Orange or yellow aura: Usually associated with positive emotions like happiness and joy.
Green aura: Often associated with healing and balance.
Purple aura: Reflects awareness and spiritual understanding.
Black or brown aura: Symbolizes transition and regeneration.
Rainbow or multicolor aura: Indicates a very dynamic energy, an experienced soul.
Gray aura: It is often seen as neutral.

Interesting! The only one I knew beforehand was purple, but that’s because it’s such an iconic spiritual colour. :joy:

I will definitely dive into this further!

In terms of giving an update… I did burn another such candle! Nothing fancy happened, but here it is because it looked nice. :laughing:

The candle broke into three parts during shipment, hence the slightly crooked-looking nature of it.

But once it started burning, it kind of healed itself with the wax running down the side, hardening and strengthening the pillar.

It looks like I went super hard with vignetting, but as you’ll be able to tell from the photo below, it’s also partly the lighting from the candle reflecting off the tiles and making a circle of light.

And I just thought this was a really cool shot. It looks like death wearing a shawl.

8 Likes

I got more cool photos. Nothing as fancy as the original thing, but I love the pillar shapes that formed around the candle and then, when the pillar collapsed, it was a typical crown.

9 Likes

It absolutely does! I love that lol

6 Likes

Bad ass! I have also been attracted to death

Whether it be on TV murder shows or dying two or three times myself. It’s nothing new. Always peaked my interest. I fall asleep watching murder mystery most night . Easier to sleep to. Lol… Love this absolutely beautiful.

7 Likes

I know, right. :laughing: The TV series Hannibal is one of my relaxing shows.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen that one. Ill check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Those look like hands to me, a flame on a palm of a hand, getting some Magician vibes from the major arcana :fire:

(Out of hearts again! I need those moderator powers… :sweat_smile:)

I’m seeing it too :skull:

I kinda liked that one back when I had Netflix, it was kinda cozy :smile_cat:
Can’t say no to a charming cannibal :sweat_smile: :black_heart:

5 Likes

Not that it needed to be outlined or anything- it’s so amazingly clear! :star_struck: But I couldn’t resist :joy:

I am absolutely loving these candle photos- they are doing some fascinating things! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This one reminded me of the crescent moon :crescent_moon: It looks like it was cradling the candle flame inside the moon :candle:

These are all really fun to see- thank you for sharing them, Katerina! :raised_hands: :heart: :blush:

7 Likes

Ooh, that’s really cool. :heart_eyes: I love an excuse to look into the cards.

Magician… So, all of the tools required to navigate through this life can be found down below or up above. It’s time to make use of them. :magic_wand:

:raised_hands: I love it! I feel I must name him… Thaumiel. :skull:

Me, too. :black_heart: But then I showed my partner, and they said, “Oh! It’s a crab claw!” :laughing: And now I can’t unsee Cancer or Scorpio trying to grab my flame!

7 Likes

Yes~ :smile_cat: :sparkles:
Carpe jugulum :smirk: :hearts:

If it’s me then not grab… just hold gently and shield from the storm :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_heart: :fire:

7 Likes

Hello Thaumiel :wave: :blush: :skull:

They’re right! Now that you mention it, it really does look like a claw! :crab: :lobster: :scorpion: :grinning:

6 Likes

Must know have you kept Thaumiel? And plan to not burn him? Or is he gone? Just wondering :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Oh, the candle is a puddle. Done. Finished. :sweat_smile:

The following photos, where it ends in a crown/hand, are the same candle.

5 Likes

Okay I see. Would have been a cool one to keep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes