šŸ•‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Canā€™t wait to see it!

6 Likes

@christine13 the painting is beautiful.

7 Likes

@christine13 Beautiful painting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Beautiful! You could easily make these to sell!
Blessings to you and yours.
Garnet Blessed by dragons

5 Likes

@Rowan those pics of the ocean are lovely! Frameable thatā€™s for sure! Youā€™re so lucky to live there!

Thatā€™s a beautiful jacket! Iā€™d wear that with pride! You did a great job!

5 Likes

The only badge Iā€™m missing is the Reading Auras one. So I set out to find myself a YouTube video to help me read my aura.

I tried two or three but this one really seemed to work for me. Itā€™s short and sweet and I actually saw something so that made me excited.

I saw a blue-green aura around my hand! I then lost it because it startled me so much. LOL! But it was more blue than green. So I looked up aura colors and hereā€™s what I found.

Blue is for balance and intuitive abilities. Apparently, Iā€™m making great strides in balance and stability, which is good. I could use that.

So thatā€™s my entry for the challenge. Some of you newbies to the challenges should try it for an easy badge!

10 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate that:)

6 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

OMG! That is absolutely amazing!!! What an amazing gift you have!!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent. You should be so proud of your work!

6 Likes

See! I knew you would have a beautiful aura! Thank you so much for sharing the video. I canā€™t wait to try and have a go. Iā€™ll let you know if I see anything exciting!

5 Likes

Challenge Entry #2

With my family member learning Norse Mythology plus Celtic Paganism & Iā€™m learning about Celtic/Irish Paganism the Runes have come full circle in my life. I never had any kind of interest in them. Then June 2021 came about (we can probably add on 2020 & beginning of 2021 too) & my life, ā€œgot flipped, turned upside down.ā€ (Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Will Smith).

August came & went with the passing & crossing over of my mother. As I moved closer to my birthday, 3 more losses came my way that were also meaningful relationships to me.

Around October I started feeling a strong pull to the Morrigan. I believe she came to me assist with being able to navigate the significant losses & helping me process & release them.

As I learned more about the Morrigan & Celtic Paganism, my interest in the Runes was piqued. My family member is also learning about similar topics & has an amateur interest in the Norse Runes using the Elder Futhark.

Starting before the use of Elder Futhark Runes, the Celtic used Ogham Staves. They are similar to Runes, but eventually through migration & conversions & unions Norse & Celtic meshed & the Runes were used by both as the Staves decreased in popularity. (More on them in a future post)

I started a basic level of research & came across the Birth Date Rune & Birth Hour Rune. I made a post here: Birth Runes Whats Yours?

Since I received my Elder Futhark Black Tourmaline Runes, I want to try to maybe cast or pull 1 a day from their pouch. Learn that rune, start a journal, identify how the rune is shown to me throughout that day. As recommended in ā€˜The Beginnerā€™s Guide to Runesā€™ by: Josh Simonds.

I also got some worksheets related to the Runes & Beginnerā€™s spreads:

Etsy: Beginner Runes Worksheets & Spreads Printables.

8 Likes

Thank you, Jess:)

6 Likes

I only saw it around my hand, so the rest of me may still have polka dots! LOL. I hope you see something too!

7 Likes

Hahaha.Thereā€™s nothing wrong with polka dots!

4 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: November 23rd, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :clock2::sparkles:

4 Likes

Whew- there were a lot of amazing entries shared! Great job everyone- I have to admit that I love how diverse the entries always are for the Catch-Up Challenges. Itā€™s so fun to see everyoneā€™s magick come to life in such creative ways! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks again for your lovely celestial exploration entry and rune magick entries in the other threads, @Susurrus- you explored some fun topics and did a wonderful job :heart:

Thatā€™s such a wonderful idea for a blessing, @Kasandra- I love how it was inspired by the Yule Cat! :black_cat: And Natural History of Dragons and Dracopedia sound like perfect books for you- I hope you enjoy them! :books:

Thanks again for your beautiful entries exploring spirit work (both here with your pendulum work and in the separate thread with the mirror magick) and lovely moon magick over the weekend, @Jessica72- they were a delight to read! Thanks for sharing your experiences :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A round of applause of the Spell-ing Bee entrant, @Garnet- this is a gorgeous healing spell! Beautifully written :heart:

Nicely done with your work around your past lives, @Velle- it sounds like you found some interesting things you can pursue further! Wishing you all the best with your exploration (and I feel you with the art perfection- but no! Donā€™t delete your whole DA account! :joy:)

Nicely done, @MeganB- and thank you for adding the review to Book Club as well! Congrats on finishing the book and Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks again for your lovely addiction breaker charm, @phoenix_dawn- you did a beautiful job with it, and it looks like it has been really helpful to others too! :heart:

Beautiful work, @mary25- reading your entries I felt the gratitude and love in your words. Iā€™m so glad that you enjoyed the gratitude meditation too! Sending cards and donating to the food drive are all really meaningful actions that Iā€™m sure are greatly appreciated by your community :blush: And such lovely abundance work with your tree too! All around fantastic job here- thanks so much for sharing, Mary! :heart_decoration:

Very gracious and beautifully written, @Garnet- thank you for sharing the meal blessing! Itā€™s never too late to take a moment for appreciation, and I always say that it makes the food taste better! Great job :grinning:

That is a lovely winter solstice spell (I can practically smell the incense- what a combo! :heart_eyes:) that will be such a great blessing for Yule. Thanks so much for sharing, @Kasandra! :raised_hands:

That was a meditative experience to read your entry and see the beautiful pictures of the beach, @Rowan- thanks for taking both your magick and all of us (via the pics!) on such a nice adventure :beach_umbrella: :blush:

Ta-dah, look at that amazing jacket @christine13- you are one talented crafter to make such a beautiful piece of art (and a wearable one too)! That really is stunning, thank you for sharing! :sparkles:

If I remember right, you were a bit hesitant before about the aura challenge, @Amethyst- Iā€™m really proud of you for giving it a try! :clap: And not only did you attempt it, but it sounds like you have a natural talents and were able to see something- on your first go too, thatā€™s amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great job and thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

It depends if they clash with the blue or not! LOL!

6 Likes

I was amazed! Thereā€™s even instruction on seeing other peopleā€™s aura but they warned to tell people youā€™re doing that before you start staring at them oddly. Which is a good warning I think! LOL!

7 Likes

For my Books, Tomes, and Tales challenge, I started reading A Natural History of Dragons A Memoir By Lady Trent by Marie Brennan.

I hadnā€™t seen the A Memoir By Lady Trent when I saw the cover (the image was low resolution). :laughing:

It is told from the perspective of the fictional Lady Isabella Trent, a noblewoman who made great strides in the field of dragonology. The setting is an alternate universe where dragons are as real as horses or chickens. The names of the countries are different and I still donā€™t have them all memorized yet. I think Scirland (is this supposed to be an alternate version of Scotland based on my phoneā€™s spell check?) is where Lady Trent was born.

The first dragon readers are introduced to is the Sparkling, which is roughly the size of a dragon fly.

Lady Trent recounts her attempts over the years to perfectly preserve a Sparkling. She eventually succeeds with a solution that contains vinegar and nicknames her Sparkling Greenie.

She then tells how her fascination with dragons began. It all started with a simple question: why do birds have wishbones? Itā€™s not so we can make wishes on them, as her maid said. The answer is it strengthens the birdā€™s thoracic (thorax) skeleton and is the point where all the wing muscles attach.

I read the first chapter quickly and canā€™t wait to hear more about her findings.

Will we learn that dragons have wishbones?

12 Likes

Hey all!

I decided to work with dragons this week. Iā€™ve read a lot about them and got some good advice from
@Kasandra about those beautiful creatures. Thanks again!

Iā€™m planning to invoke the fire element today and meditate on them :dragon:

Thanks a lot for this opportunity to work on past challenges. I wish you all a lovely Moonday :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

9 Likes