🧹 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Everyday Magick

Warm greetings to all!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Love Magick :heart:

After exploring the world of love magick last week, it’s time to delight in another aspect of magick- one that may often be overlooked. But the beauty is in the details and it is time to celebrate magick in the little things!

The theme for this week’s challenge was suggested by the wonderful @Amethyst and is…

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Eeryday Mundane Magick

:broom::purse: Everyday Magick :open_hands: :sparkles:

There is a time and place for elaborate rituals and multi-day casting spells, but what about the moments in between structured spellwork or planned rituals?

This challenge is all about celebrating magick in our everyday lives. It could be about finding magickal things where you hadn’t noticed them before, or discovering little easy ways to add a touch of magick to your daily routine :sparkles:

This week is all about exploring quick and easy everyday magick - but as always, how you do so is up to you! :heart:

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Art by Brenna-Ivy: Modern Male Witch Greenhouse

STEP 1 : Making the Mundane Magickal :star2:

How do you add a touch of magick to your everyday life? Whether it’s something you do without a thought or are actively searching for ways to make your days more witchy, this is the challenge for you!

There are so many ways to approach this challenge, so here are just a few suggestions of some quick and easy magickal touches you can add to your day- all without having to rework your schedule!

:tea: Tea and Coffee Blessings

With just a stir of intent or a few spoken words, you can easily turn a beverage into a blessed potion.

Quick and Easy Tea Blessing
Quick-and-Easy-Tea-Blessing-1-360x240

Crowley’s Coffee Consecration Prayer
Crowleys-Coffee-Prayer-thumb

:scroll: Quick Chants and Prayers

A spell can be as elaborate as a multi-day candle spell with a hundred ingredients… or as simple as a few words spoken with intent. Consider saying a quick prayer or blessing, or perhaps write your own!

Quick Caffeine Chant for Motivation
Quick-Coffee-Motivation-Chant-800x530

:flower_playing_cards: A Card A Day

Save the ten-card readings for another time- this week, consider exploring quick and easy ways to draw on your cards for a touch of magick you otherwise would have missed out on.

Easy Daily Tarot Exercise
Daily-Tarot-Exercise-thumb-360x240

A Daily Oracle Card Draw and Message From Coven Members
Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

:sparkles: Additional Quick Witchy Tips to Consider

Quick Witchery for the Modern Witch:

Ways of Incorporating the Craft Into Everyday Life?

Wearing Witchy Jewelry in Public

The Magick in the Mundane

Creating a Daily Practice

Quick and Easy Protection Circle

:raised_hands: …And More!

How you add a touch of magick to your everyday life depends largely on what will work best for you- so feel free to pursue this week’s theme in a way that resonates with your unique magickal practice!

From Learn Religions: What is Kitchen Witchcraft?

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Please click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience

To participate in the challenge, please share:

1. How you added to or explored magick in your everyday life this week

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, February 22nd at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
( 2022-02-22T12:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Dazed: How to Use Everyday Magick to Live Your Best Life

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

At the altar or out where all can see,
A witch is a witch no matter where they may be.
The spark of magick burns so bright-
It never goes out, not day nor night!
So a witch at work or a witch at play,
Rest assured- your magick is never far away!

Blessed be! :broom::sparkles:

25 Likes

I’ve incorporated magick into my everyday life without even realizing it. For example, I’ve been doing some tasks in three: I’ll stir my coffee or tea thrice, sprinkle salt or pepper on my food in a circular motion thrice.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day in months—65 degrees! I plan to go for a walk and take some time to enjoy nature and to clear my head.

19 Likes

So excited for this one! Thank you @Amethyst for suggesting a great topic. I could write a book on the little things I do everyday/ week. There are also things I’ve been wanting to incorporate so this is the perfect chance.

18 Likes

Ooo… I do little things that mean something to my practice every day! This will be a good one to do! Great job @Amethyst!

15 Likes

Oh, this one will be fun :partying_face: Can’t wait to share all my little tid-bits and goodies!

16 Likes

Yay! I can’t wait to see what everyone does!

16 Likes

Tips for Daily Witchcraft Practice

How to Bring Magic into Everyday Life || Pagan Happy Hour by Scarlet Ravenswood

Daily Practice and Routines by Witch Wednesdays

How to Stay Committed to Daily Spiritual Practice by Jessi Huntenburg

Everyday Witchcraft: Making Time for Spirit in a Too-Busy World by Deborah Blake

:pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram:

Best types of Crystals for Daily use

• Clear Quartz
  • Selenite
  • Amethyst
  • Rose Quartz
  • Tigers Eye
  • Black Obsidian
  • Turquoise
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Citrine

I know for me life can become busy and I will go days without incorporating anything magick wise in my practice. Since the start of the new year I have been trying to remind myself any little time counts! Dedicating as little as 5-10 minutes helps and is still valid.

20 Likes

I have been carrying rose quartz, clear quartz, selenite, black tourmaline, & my blue agate rune of the day in my pouch for a couple of weeks now while I go through some things. The pouch makes me happy when I hold it & feel the stones in it.

16 Likes

One of my thoughts for an entry is pretty simple… I was inspired a while back now by the resources available on the Spells8 website about daily magic. So I chose myself 7 crystals. I keep one with me each day of the week in my pocket.

Monday: Aquamarine
Tuesday: Bloodstone
Wednesday: Citrine
Thursday: Turquoise
Friday: Rose Quartz
Saturday: Amethyst
Sunday: Tiger’s Eye

Also every day I keep a piece of Black Tourmaline and Smoky Quartz in my pocket for protection and grounding.

I am keeping a piece of Tiger’s Eye and Citrine with me that I have used with a crystal spell. Being Thursday morning here in Perth this was this morning’s selection in my pocket. Looks pretty nice together as a collection.

Did anyone see that full moon last night/this morning?! Wowsies!

23 Likes

As part of my daily routine, I normally get out an hour before the rest on my household, I make myself some loose leaf green tea, and use the time to reflect, set intentions for the day ahead, and meditate.

Something I do to help with depression and lack of motivation is to imagine everything I do as being magical.

For example, going to a sacred space and doing a spell to fill the world with light, can be as simple as going to the light switch and turning on a light.

17 Likes

I have been using my Shamanism cards, Crystal Medicine Oracle by Rachelle Charman. I’ve never been so connected to cards before. My crystals have more meaning and I’m working with them in new ways. Their are crystal rituals in the booklet for each card. This is very helpful for everyday magic because it’s simple and easy!

I’ve been getting hit with my emotional side lately and these cards and my crystals save the day! I can recommend that if anyone is truly depressed and feel lost, find that one thing that makes you happy and giddy on the inside and learn more, as much as you can! Keep that in your life, hold on to it tight and let it help you shine!

18 Likes

Those are beautiful!

13 Likes

I love incorporating magick into my mundane life!

13 Likes

@Kasandra Drawing on the power of three is a great way to add a touch of a magick where there wasn’t one before- and, once it’s on the mind, there are so many ways to turn things into threes! :star_struck: Nice, Kasandra- and that sounds lovely! I hope you have a wonderful nature walk :national_park:

@Amaris_Bane It sounds like you are a master of incorporating magick into your daily routine :blush: Looking forward to hearing about your everyday magick experiences- have fun with it! :heart:

@Susurrus and @MeganB Can’t wait to see what you both come up with- enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

@Amethyst Thanks again for such a great challenge theme, Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you’re able to learn about some fun new ways to add a touch of magick to everyday!

@Missa Awesome resources, Missa- thank you so much for sharing them! :gem::sparkles:

@Jessica72 A crystal for each day of the week- I love it, Jessica! May the crystals help guide and inspire you throughout the day :blush: May I ask how you like to keep them with you- do you have a pouch or carrier for them, or just keep them securely in a purse or pocket? :purse: :sparkles:

@Torista There really is something powerful about a quiet moment with a cup of tea- you have a lovely daily practice, Torista! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tea: And the visualizations are a great method as well to bring a touch of magick everywhere you go. Beautiful, thank you so much for sharing!

@Christina4 Goodness those cards are gorgeous, Christina! :heart_eyes: Sorry to hear you’ve been getting hit with emotions recently, but it sounds like you’ve been able to find powerful coping methods and are still moving forward with a positive mindset. You are so powerful, Christina! :muscle: :heart: Thanks so much for sharing!

@Jem1 Awesome, Jem! :blush: May I ask what method(s) are your favorite for adding a touch of magick to your days? You’re very artsy and creative- I would love to hear what works best for you! :two_hearts:

19 Likes

I love to make vision boards so I will make one including all the things I find to be everyday Magick! Stay Tuned!

Blessed BE! :sunflower: :heartpulse:

15 Likes

I forgot that it was supposed to rain today, but I was able to walk for a little bit. :smile: Most of the snow has melted and I took the time to look at the grass since it’s been hidden for three, four weeks! Going for a walk and appreciating nature (no matter how small) is one way I incorporate magick into my everyday life. It takes my mind off things and I come back thinking more clearly.

16 Likes

I try to incorporate my magic into my day to day routine in many ways.
We’ll start at the beginning of my day when I have my coffee/tea where I begin by setting an intention, doing a guided meditation and journal. When I make my coffee or tea and I’m setting my intention I stir my beverage in a clockwise motion.

When I’m working I have a card that I use to scan my orders and I wear it on a lanyard with my recovery chip and a keychain with a rose quartz point on it

I also carry a deck of tiny tarot cards and my pendulum in my purse in case I’m called to consult my cards by clients for my spiritual business

I also grow plants with protective properties in my home to protect me and my kids. Currently I’m growing aloe and chrysanthemums

And lastly during my morning and nightly meditation for the last couple of weeks I’ve been working frequently with some of these crystals which I’ve also been carrying in a pouch in my purse when I’m working to harness there energy

Pictured are:
Botswana agate for comforting me when I feel alone
Chevron amethyst for my intuition
Agni manitite for will power
Vesuvianite for releasing pent up anger
Clear quartz
Black tourmaline to block negative energy
Rainbow moonstone for mental clarity
Apache tears for processing grief and loss
Green Aventurine for manifesting
Blue Aventurine psychic boost
Tigers eye for dispelling fear and anxiety
Rose quartz for self love
Larvakite for adapting to change

Also I carry a piece of ginger root in my wallet to invite financial abundance

22 Likes

@phoenix_dawn we are very similar, when I do my entry you’ll see what I mean :smiling_face:

Everyday little things are pretty easy to incorporate into your practice. I like the idea of carrying a deck of cards (oracle or tarot) in your purse. You may need to consult them too, not just for clients :wink:

I’m very excited to see all the ways that the coven uses everyday magic. I will post my entry before tomorrow night. I’m trying to remember all the things I do, but the main ones are the only ones coming to mind right now. :joy:

15 Likes

@stephanieanne76 I am so excited to see your vision board, Stephanie! :heart_eyes: Good luck and hope you have lots of fun making it! :sparkles:

@Kasandra I’m glad you were able to get out and enjoy a lovely walk- hope you didn’t get caught in the rain! :cloud_with_rain: The snow here has gone away as well (thanks to the rain and sudden warmth) and it really is lovely to see the grass again :blush: It sounds like you had a very immerse walk and were able to enjoy the fresh air and natural scenery- good for you, Kasandra! :national_park: :heart:

@phoenix_dawn So many wonderful ways to add a touch of magick to your day- you have a very magickal life, Phoenix :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love how you’ve incorporated crystals throughout your space, you are really creative with where you’ve added them! :sparkles: And ahhhh the deck of tiny tarot cards is so cute! :heart_eyes: Your plants look beautiful and your collection is gorgeous as always- thank you so much for sharing! :pray::two_hearts:

14 Likes

Every day I draw an angel card first thing in the morning and when challenging things happen during the day I focus on that card to see what I am supposed to be learning that day. I also carry my self love bottle in my purse to remind me to not be so hard on myself.

13 Likes