Witchy Jewelry in public?

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you wear witchy jewelry like pentacle, triple goddess or horned god out in public or to work, and what reaction do you get from others?

19 Likes

I didnt at first but i dont care anymore. My mom saw a necklace with a pentacle and a black obsidian point and called me a devil worshiper. Screw her, i dont care what she thinks anyway! But, yes when i do go out in public i wear my witchy jewelery.

20 Likes

I do! And I have never received any negative comments for it :blush:
I will say however that all the jewelry I wear is pretty dainty (I do a lot of sports and big dangly earrings for example would be in the way), so I guess itā€™s not that noticeable to begin with. But in general I think you should wear whatever you like, who cares what other people think? :wink:

14 Likes

I have worn my big crystal jewelry in public for sure as well as a goddess necklace. I havenā€™t ever gotten negative reactions, but I have placed myself in different positions where I wouldnā€™t expect to find that around me.

Ie. working at crystals shops and meeting people who support my path.

16 Likes

Iā€™m half and half. Iā€™ll wear my sun, black tourmaline, and other crystals. I have a couple of moon pendants, including one with a pentacle in it that you have to get real close to see. I even have a very witchy looking triskele that Iā€™ve worn and got away with.

But I hesitate over wearing my bigger pentacles. I ride the bus and theyā€™re all really Southern Babtist and the like. Itā€™s my only form of transportation to the store so I just donā€™t want to start a fight, you know?

14 Likes

Iā€™ve never had any issues or comments about my jewelry, but to be fair I only wear pretty simple crystals :gem: And like @jordyn, Iā€™m almost always in places that support this kind of lifestyle (college towns, trendy cafes, places with young and open minds). And I do the same as @Amethyst- I usually try to avoid going places or being in situations that would cause a confrontation over what Iā€™m wearing!

If youā€™re nervous about wearing your witchy jewelry out on the town @Katt , try first with something small that you are comfortable with and see what happens. If you feel uncomfortable, you can always take off the jewelry. Another option is to wear your jewelry under your clothes. No one else has to see it, but you know itā€™s there and can feel reassured by it! :prayer_beads::two_hearts:

15 Likes

I wear necklaces, earrings, bracelets, hair charms, every day and have never had any bad reactions as an adult. When I was younger, I got the worst reactions from my family members. I had accepting friends that liked the way I looked and dressed and they called me hippy chic.

13 Likes

I wear a pentacle or tri-goddess pendant all most 24/7. i donā€™t care what people think.

15 Likes

I have a couple pieces that I wear usually. I have a pentacle ring that I wear on the index finger of my dominant hand (right). I also have a pentacle necklace. I donā€™t wear these around people Iā€™m not out of the broom closet with though (like my husbandā€™s family). I usually donā€™t get any reactions. I have gotten a couple random other pagans come up and start conversations though. In Texas we are not very open in public as itā€™s HIGHLY conservative Christian in most places so if we spot each other we tend to chat for a little bit.

I also have a triple Moon Goddess pendant necklace that I wear with anyone. With those that Iā€™m not out to, I just tell them itā€™s the phases of the moon and they donā€™t ask any more questions.

I also have a lot of crystal pendants that I wear based on what I need.

I want to get more pagan jewelry but havenā€™t found anything that screams ā€œbuy meā€ recently.

11 Likes

I guess I am in your camp. Mine wouldnā€™t likely draw much attention. My amber and jet bracelet for instanceā€¦

11 Likes

Same, @jim- Iā€™ve got an amber bracelet too that Iā€™ve been wearing everyday! To anyone looking, it just looks like a normal beaded bracelet. But the amber helps soothe and heal throughout the day. If Iā€™m feeling stressed or have a flash of pain, just touching and focusing the beads helps :relaxed: :brown_heart:

I really love hearing about everyoneā€™s witchy jewelry- both the more subtle pieces and the things that proudly show off being a witch to all who can see :sparkles::prayer_beads: :mage: It sounds like the coven is a wonderfully bedazzled one! :grin: :heart:

10 Likes

You go girl! :v:t3:

9 Likes

Hi @Katt. I have, for a very long time, worn a triquetra :triquetra: around my neck. No one has said anything to me about it. Yet, oddly enough, when I wore the Tree of Life, I was told that many of my counseling clients may be adverse to it :confused:. I always found that odd! After all, it is not offensive nor is it purely used with one specific culture or belief system. I also have tattoos on me that are symbols of my belief system, but I suppose since they are not known to the masses, they do not ā€œoffendā€ or put any one off.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Athena

11 Likes

I wear witchy jewelry all the time. I have a charm bracelet with Celtic Gods & Goddess Amulets & most of my necklaces are pentacles, crystals, cabochons, triquetra :triquetra:, Claddaugh, Brigidā€™s Cross, Triple Moon, The High Priestess, The Hermit, different runes. I also have other charms that I will wear in my hairā€¦ I have worn astrology symbols & aspects mixed with other pagan symbols (earth, air, fire, water) & the phases of the moon on t-shirts & tank tops.

Itā€™s a lot more than when I started. My jewelry collection has just grown. I have earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings & oh so manyā€¦ I may have a problemā€¦ but they are soooo pretty :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

One of my favorites is the Tigerā€™s Eye Triquetra necklace that I have. :triquetra:

8 Likes

I wear a ring and a triple goddess necklace all the time and usually triquetra earrings too. I live near a pretty liberal city, I donā€™t think anyone would a) notice or b) care. If someone asked me I would be fine with that explaining as well so I guess it depends on how noticeable your jewelry is and how you would feel if someone asked you about it

10 Likes

@Katt I do, I wear this antique pentagram on a daily basis, I believe you can see it on my profile picture. plus a necklace with crystals; a beautiful amber, and a triquetra

9 Likes

I ware a pentacle necklace every day its been charmed as a protection necklace but ive always worn it. I also ware a pentacle and triqutra ring as well as a chakra bracelet.

8 Likes

@Christina4,
They canā€™t accuse you of devil worship,(notice small letters) if there isnā€™t one. Satan and hell are the concept of a book called ā€˜Danteā€™s Infernoā€™ and adopted by the Christian church to better bring their parishionersā€™ into the dogma of their faith.

9 Likes

Theres a BIG difference between pagan and satanic religions.

9 Likes

I should add to my original post a little more. I live in an extremely Christian and republican town that loves to force their beliefs on everyone living in it. I wear not only my pentacle talisman but 2 pendulums and 2 different quarts points. I also wear many different bracelets and other charms as well.

If someone comes up to you and makes a comment about what is being worn or accuses you of devil worship and the like. What I love to do to these people is to quote to them Matthew 7;1-3
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherā€™s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
This not only takes them extremely by surprise but in most cases causes them to run away with their tail between their legs.

12 Likes