šŸ•‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Thank you! I copied for my BOS and canā€™t wait to do this at Yule :slight_smile: I love the Yule Cat reference!

5 Likes

I love how creative you are! Everything ws so beautiful. That wreath is incredible. Is it just me or does that altar stone have a face?

6 Likes

That is an interesting magical animal. I read in one of my sonā€™s books that crows are quite smart. They can recognize human faces. If one of their flock dies, they other crows will gather and appear to say goodbye to it.

5 Likes

That is totally amazing! I have never seen a painting on a jacket before and I just love it. The eclipsing, blood moon! So very, very cool :sunglasses:

6 Likes

For the tarot challenge, I decided to go with the date. As itā€™s the 22nd, I chose the 22nd card of the Major Arcana, The World. For those unfamiliar with the tarot, The Worldā€™s number is card 21 (XXI) because The Fool (the first card of the Major Arcana) is card zero. The Major Arcana tells the story of the foolā€™s journey- from the innocent, young-at-heart soul at the beginning of their quest to the seasoned veteran who completes the journey, wiser, grateful, and more experienced. The soul becomes the master only to begin a new journey and become The Fool once again. Iā€™ve been reading and studying the tarot for nearly 23 years now, and I relate to The World card as she is me. I was the young (maybe not so innocent-ha) soul who went on a journey to find herself, and damn, she went through hell. As I sit here writing this now, older and so much wiser, my heart is overflowing with gratitude for surviving a harrowing journey that I just narrowly escaped. And now, I am ready to dive into unchartered territory and take a leap of faith as the fool once more. :heart: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Nothing like waiting until the 11th hour to finish wrapping up the weekly challenges! This is my entry for the ā€œA healthy dose of crystalsā€ challenge. All of my friends know that at any given time I will have at least one crystal on me. When I travel, I carry no less than 7. I was named ā€œmost likely to heal you with a crystalā€ of my class when I became a registered yoga teacher. :slight_smile: And while I have used crystals in my reiki sessions for years, I am actually in the process of becoming a certified Crystal Reiki master/teacher now. I am also taking a course to become a professional crystal reader. I am loving all that Iā€™m learning now because itā€™s making it new again and reigniting my passion and joy! :grin: :heart:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

So much creativity and diverse magick on display this week- thank you to everyone for joining in the Catch-Up Challenge! :partying_face:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :clock2: :sparkles:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you for the chance of a catch up. I hope you arenā€™t going to be too swamped with sea of badge giving. I hope you donā€™t mind me picking 2 challenges this week. I just couldnā€™t decide so many amazing challenges to choose from.

5 Likes

A Witch in the closet still!

I am not sure which challenge this would fall in, over, or under? Butā€¦
Here I am typing because I want to share the full beaver moon partial eclipse magic I experienced BUT!.. Honestly! I am still that weirdo in the closet! :shushing_face: I cant because I am not real!?

My husband loves me no matter what! He showed this one year in for me(now in for going on 8yrs) when I realized he knew but didnā€™t care because it is me and I am me and thatā€™s what he loves whether he likes it or not! (his words! = ā€œwhether I like it or not I love you! and I accept you no matter what! I am with youā€) He is not my issue nor is he the reason I need a tissue! (haha not funny) (sorry)

It is me and my issues! I for some reason cannot come out and admit to everyone that I craft stuff and perform spells and conduct rituals! I am a witch! I have always been a witch! (I am not sorry!)
I am not the green old hag that people picture when the word ā€œwitchā€ is spokenā€¦- yet! I choose to have very few friends and I can not help but have a lot of acquaintances due to the fact of tending some shady bars for the last 25 years of my lifeā€¦
I am a Witch! I live it! I breathe it! I taste it and all my life - I try not to look like it!!.. I practice a craft that I am scared still to this day to admit to anyone! My husband knows because it is what it is!

I had an opportunity to come clean with my husbandā€™s best friend tonight when he (my adorable husband)invited me to admit my craft!
Well, now me being me I am terrified!!! ! I instinctively laugh and play like my husband is crazy! So we all laugh and its a great time until we get home and my rock(husband) asks me why I donā€™t like myself? ugghh! So within our conversation, he points out to me that no one will accept me if I donā€™t first! again!..ugghhh!
Does anyone else struggle in sharing their craft/magic/belief/true self? and if so how do you deal with it? or how did you come out?
I do apologize for all the questions and I do appreciate any feed back ahead of time :purple_heart: :sparkles:
-much love and so many more blessings! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Hahaha thatā€™s a good tip, @Amethyst :joy: I definitely think staring at people to study their auras might get some funny looks in return if they didnā€™t know what you were doing :laughing:

That sounds like a really good book, @Kasandra- from the way you describe it, it seems like it is well written! Iā€™d love to hear what you think as you continue to read it- now Iā€™m wondering if dragons have wishbones too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for sharing your experience, @RyuWyn! :blush: Although the name of the challenge wasnā€™t mentioned, I think itā€™s safe to assume you were working on the Dragon Magick challenge, yes? Great work! :dragon_face:

This is a beautiful exploration of Crows in your magickal practice, @Artemisia- it sounds like they call to you and take an important role in your spirituality. That is a lovely silver pendant- may the Crow watch over, guide, and protect you on your journey :raven::sparkles: Nicely done!

Your collection around Persephone continues to grow, @IrisW- it sounds like She has taken on a very treasured role in your practice! Thanks for sharing the list of books on Her and your thoughts on them. A really love invocation for Her as well! And ohhhh I am always in awe of your amazing craft talents- you deserve the title of being a very talented Thrifty Witch! :money_with_wings: Thank you for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

The Year of the Magickal Dragon sounds like a fascinating book, @Valen- and it looks like it led you to some beautiful inspiration, you made such a lovely dragon chant! Thanks for sharing the music too- itā€™s neat to be able to listen along with the tune while reading your words. Thanks so much, great job! :dragon_face: :heart:

Thanks for sharing the books that helped you become who you are today, @steph- itā€™s true that we often take on and use things we find in books. Reading is a powerful aspect of the Craft! :books::sparkles:

The World is one of my favorite cards as well, @BrightBear- thereā€™s something experienced and wise about it, but what really draws me in is how it represents the connections between everything and the completion of a wonderful journey. A really great card- thanks so much for exploring it for the challenge! :earth_americas: :two_hearts: And congrats on your crystal studies- it sounds like you are in an amazing program! Wishing you all the best on your healing crystals journey :gem::blush:

No worries at all, @jessica72! Hahaha Catch Up challenges are always a process of giving out badges, but 2 challenges each is manageable, and itā€™s a fun task- I really love seeing everyoneā€™s thoughtful entries :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for your kind consideration, and once again thanks for joining in! :heart:

Thanks for sharing your experience, @moonshadow! As there wasnā€™t a challenge specified and the Catch-Up Challenge itself has closed, Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t count this as an entry, but I do thank you for sharing your thoughts- and I want to say that I donā€™t think you need to come out and tell everyone you are a witch if that doesnā€™t feel right to you! You know in your heart and that is the most important thingā€¦ not to mention that everyone here recognizes and supports you in your magickal Craft :sparkling_heart: :infinite_roots: For more support about coming out of the broom closet (or staying subtle), I recommend checking out the following discussions:

Thanks again, everyone- itā€™s been a delight seeing everyoneā€™s creative magick (so many different types and themes explored) this week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™ll have the Props and Presents post ready in just a spell- please keep an eye out on the main page of the forum! :sparkles::grinning:

11 Likes

Oh no it absolutely has a face in that lighting! Canā€™t really see it in daylight which is why I like working out there at night :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks Mary!!

5 Likes

Mine too! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

@Amethyst, @jessica72, me three! :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria, thanks so much for your kind words! Yes, I agree about The World card. I have a deck called Medicine Woman Tarot, and The World card is titled ā€œDancerā€ and has a picture of women dancing on top of the earth. I love that so much because it speaks of the celebration of the journey and collective consciousness - a weaving of everything into the dance of life. :heart: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I totally struggle with this and the struggle is real!

7 Likes

Oh yes, I forgot to mention it, haha. Dragon Magick it was :dragon:

8 Likes

That sounds gorgeous- I think portraying a dancer as the world really draws on the positive and freeing aspects of the card :dancer::earth_africa: What a fun presentation of The World! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Awesome- it fit the guidelines perfectly for the Dragon Magick challenge (and thatā€™s the only challenge that specifically deals with dragons :dragon_face::laughing:), but I just wanted to make sure! Thanks, WhiteFox! :blush:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful!!

5 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.