Coming out of the broom closet

Hello all! I am at a friend’s house for birthday party and decided to come out of the broom closet in a subtle way to this group of friends. I do veil as part of my practice so I wore a nice silk maroon scarf over my hair for my veil. I also wore my triple goddess pendant necklace. If anyone has noticed, they haven’t said anything. This group is pretty conservative, Christian group so we’ll see what happens.

Wish me luck.

16 Likes

Fabulous tattoos if you don’t mind me saying :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I was going to say that, too!!!

8 Likes

Hope it went well!!! :wink::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Thank you @IrisW and @christina4! They represent yin and yang. On the left I have a dragon with a geisha, a volcano for fire, and leaves blowing in the wind for air. On the right I have a Japanese phoenix with a samurai, and water crashing against a green cliff for water and earth. I still need to get my right arm finished, but I graduated college and had to stay posting student loans so it’s been a slow progress to save up the money.

No one commented all night so either no one noticed it no one cared. I’m fine with either situation I was worried I would have to explain over and over what my pendant meant, “no I don’t worship the devil”, all that jazz.

10 Likes

Last year I did the same type of thing. I started wearing my jewelry around & I was happy doing it. I did “come out” to my immediate family, they have supported me since then. My husband makes me things that I can use in my practice. I hope it continues to go well for you.

8 Likes

My husband is supportive and my side of our family as well. My mother is Wiccan and do is one of my brothers so it’s nice to be able to talk with them. It’s mostly my husband’s family and some of our friends that I worry about. I know his family would freak out. They are very conservative Southern Baptists. For my husband’s sake, I don’t plan to actively come out to them.

6 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t around to root for you, I went to bed early last night. I’m glad to see things went well.

6 Likes

No worries! I was happy everything went well.

6 Likes

Congrats on your coming out!! :broom: That’s such a relief that nobody seemed to care :relieved:

After all, if they are your friends there’s probably a reason for that, it seems to me that they are cool people, whether Christian or otherwise

7 Likes

Thank you, @Francisco! I was hoping that was the case but sometimes you can’t tell. I lost friends I had for years when I came out as bisexual because it didn’t fit with their religious views. I’m happy to know I’ve picked better friends now that are opened minded and let others be. My closest friend told me “she doesn’t care what I do as long as it doesn’t hurt other people or myself.”

9 Likes

Well said, Jessica! “Live and let live”. If only more people would adopt this way of thinking…!

7 Likes

Congrats and welcome to the world outside the broom closet! It’s a wonderful thing that you came out. :heart:

7 Likes

Tell them "My soul is prepared, is yours?

6 Likes