šŸ«‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - As Above, So Below

A warm welcome to all!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Smells Like Magick :nose:

After enjoying some delightfully smelly spellwork, itā€™s time to open up more than just our senses- this week involves opening our heart and minds to the people and world around us :earth_americas:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge was inspired both by one of @Silverbearā€™s latest videos and the upcoming World Environment Day. It isā€¦

As Above So Below Connect Interconnection Challenge

:people_hugging: :sparkles: As Above, So Below - Interconnection :handshake: :earth_africa:

Quod est superius est sicut quod inferius, et quod inferius est sicut quod est superius.
-Latin from The Emerald Tablet

ā€œAs above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soulā€¦ā€
-Hermes Trismegistus

When reading magickal texts or studying spellwork, the phrase: ā€œAs Above, So Belowā€ is sure to appear at one point or another. The phrase is believed to orginate in The Emerald Tablet- a Hermetic text of great importance to early Islamic and European alchemists. Variations in the wording exist due to translations through languages and various applications in different religions, philosophies, and theologies :scroll:

Some interpretations of the phrase include: that which you do here has consequences in other realms/lifetimes, what happens on earth is mirrored in the realm of the divine, the actions of the individual affect the larger world, what we thinks manifests on the outside, etc.

While there are many ways to apply and interpret the phrase, the general meaning of As Above, So Below refers to interconnectivity- that things are connected on a higher level.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This weekā€™s theme challenges you to explore magickal connections - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because itā€™sā€¦

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Painting by Skount: Nature Interconnection

STEP 1 : Magickal Connections :electric_plug:

A few questions to get started:

• :chains: What bonds are most important to you and your magickal practice?
  • :broken_heart: Are you an Empath- one who feels the needs and emotions of others?
  • :two_women_holding_hands: Is a community or other relationships important in your Craft?
  • :fire: Do you feel a connection with a deity, element, zodiac sign, etc?
  • :mending_heart: Is healing (yourself, others, the planet, etc) a key part of your practice?

All of these are connections that can play small or immense roles within your magickal practice. Your connections represent not only what type of witch you are, but also reveal who you are deep down as a person.

:mage: :heart: :person_raising_hand:

Still not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge! :sparkles:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:telescope: Explore Interconnectivity

What does it mean to be connected- to be a part of the whole? How does this affect our magick? The meaning and value of finding magickal connections can be discovered through careful thought and contemplative meditation :person_in_lotus_position:

Donā€™t hesitate to open up your Book of Mirrors as well- this is a great topic to explore through journaling! :writing_hand:

@Silverbearā€™s Reflection of Interconnectedness

:place_of_worship: Divine Connection

Have you built a bond with a higher power- such as your patron deity, a God, Goddess, or other divine being?

Take some time this week to appreciate the relationship you have forged and the benefits and abilities that connection has brought you. After reflecting, take some time to show your gratitude with an offering or ritual of appreciation :pray:

If you havenā€™t yet found a deity but feel drawn to working with one, this is your sign to dig deeper and make the effort to connect :handshake:

How to Find Your Patron Deity
Finding-your-Deity-Wiccan-Lesson

:earth_americas: One with the Earth

While the planet is special to everyone who calls it home, it is especially sacred to Green Witches, those who work Elemental Magick, and everyone who practices magick in harmony with the Earth.

With World Environment Day coming up this weekend, now is the time to remember to treasure and be mindful of our very important relationship with Mother Nature :green_heart:

Prayer for Healing Mother Earth
Prayer-Healing-Mother-Earth-Wiccan-360x240

Elemental Earth Magick: Earth Invocation
Earth-Invocation-Pagan-Chant-360x240

:mending_heart: Empaths and Healers

There are some with a heightened ability to sense the emotions- especially pain and suffering- of those around them. Some can go so far as to absorb or banish negativity energies to leave space for healing and positivity.

Are You an Empath?
Are-you-an-Empath-360x240

Healing Illness Spell
Healing-Spell-for-Someone-thumb

All-Purpose Natural Healing Salve
All-Purpose-Healing-Salve-recipe-360x240

Empaths and healers have a naturally strong ability to connect with others- but with this gift must come precuation, as giving too much and receiving too little can cause the savior to suffer too.

Helping others is very noble work, but please remember to properly shield your own energies, use protection spells, and take time for self-care! :heart:

Empath Shielding Spray
Shielding-Protection-Witchcraft-Spray

Taking proper measures can help prevent both Spellwork Burnout as well as physical and emotional burnout :pray:

:raised_hands: ā€¦And More!

Being ā€œconnectedā€ in the Craft may mean different things to different witches- and thatā€™s okay!

For this challenge, feel free to explore interconnectivity in a way that best suits you and your unique magickal practice :woman_mage:

Picture from QuoteFancy

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience .

To participate in the challenge, please share:

1. How you explored connections in your magickal practice this week

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, June 7th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-06-07T05:00:00Z )

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Creative by Nature: Alan Watts- Everything is Interconnected and Inseperable

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

As is above, so too is below
So grow your love and let energy flow

For all that within is also without
Youā€™re one with your magick, of that thereā€™s no doubt!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed be! :people_hugging: :sparkles:

25 Likes

I have to give credit to @Sarafeena_Sage with her zoo photos post for the inspiration for my thought process to explore my connection to who or what my spirit animal/guide may be. I am going to try a guided meditation again. Try and re-meet/re-connect with my spirit animal/guide. The first time I tried it within nanoseconds a lioness was in my minds eye.

It was sharing this photo of one of the lionesses that I clearly remembered the very first moment when she turned her head and looked right at me, I swear she was looking directly into my eyes. There are always maybe 20-25 there or there abouts other people in the viewing area but I felt like she looks right at me. She will hold my gaze for a good few minutes. This has now happened on 3 out of my 4 last visits to the zoo. I mean why me? There are plenty of other funny looking humans to look at in that moment. That would have to be one of the most magical feelings where I just felt so bonded and connected to the animal souls of the earth and mother nature.

I have never felt anything quite like it. It was surreal. Iā€™m sure she has a good look at all the people that have a good look at her all day too!

But I donā€™t know if it is because I have loved lions ever since I was little but in that moment I felt something powerful. I just felt connected to her.

I have really made a commitment in my visits to the zoo to support their ongoing wildlife rescue and conservation programs.

I think that the healing prayer for mother earth also seems like a beautiful way to hounor and give thanks for all living things.

16 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely need time to find answers to some (or all) of these questions. But I need to remember I donā€™t have to know everything within a week.

10 Likes

My first thought when saw challenge was named As above, so below i immediately thought of the book of shadows tarot cards that had that theme. I tgink the deck im using has another that is the other half of the theme where the one i have is the As above and the other is so below. .
Heres a screen shot i trimmed from the app so you can see what im talking about
20220601_231825

Id started using the deck recently on my phone app n its one of the decks id like to get a physical copy of. . While it may not be nessasarily related to the theme or challenge this week just the as above, so below which is literally written on the image of the deck this was my first thought. So when i needed advice for an annerversary coming up from a trauma i did a reading from that deck. It is one of the decks i probably use most which is why i would like to get the physical deck for that one. As far as the challenge goes, this was just my first thought. Im not entirely sure if it fits the specifics of challenge eben if deck has the name of challenge in its name or theme but its a start to thinking about connections i guess. And i loved the idea that i already had a deck that had the name or theme in it. I might have to think some more about other ideas esp if this is slightly not relevent to challenge othee than its name but hopefulky get a chance amongst craziness facing in next week. Im trying to reclaim my practice amonst all things dealing with and juggling and still not being well. I had herbal tea todat to help with not feeling well and though im not versed in reading tea cups n under presure i took photo of my cupat end to look up meaning later. I rediscovered a witch channel id not seen in a while. Tonight when i realised the annaversaru was coming up and started to remember stuff i didnt want to i felt for a time lost. Like i didnt know who i was. Im glad to beon the path i am now but the pressures n everything i felt like id drifted a bit but not bavk to who i used to be but not who i was when i was more strongly practicing. Im now trying to reconnect to my practice and path, despite whats going on or what annaversqry is coming up from a time before i found my true pathā€¦ i feel like my connection to my practice and my path has become a little lost amongst too mucj to do and failing health n wellbeing. Ive done little things along the way just to maintain my practice and my path but dont get as much time as used to or as id wish to put in. Im working n giving so much of myself sometimes i barely have time for me except maybe inbetween tasks or while multitasking. Im trying to reconnect and reclaim my practive and path again. I jist hope i can manage it. I know im on the right path because when i discovered this pathā€¦ i felt i had come home, i felt it mafe sense of so much that didnt fit into the path id been on before and id never go back to that path now that i know it wasmt where i was supposed to be ( though i dont judge ppl who that path might be for them)ā€¦ but my path and practice gives me hope and i need that, it connects me to nature and that brings peace and joy and wonder and curiosityand exploration and questions and a quest to learn more about the world around us. Nature, animals the night sky, rocks and water, ppl. . I feel like life has got me rushing to and fro so much i was loosing my connections, n i feel i need to reconnect and strengthen those connections again. Now more than ever. . But until things settle a lil i canā€™t do much but ive recognised rhe disconnect amd i can do the little things to reconnect until i can do more.

14 Likes

Ooh,Iā€™ve always loved the phrase ā€œAs above, so belowā€ it reminds me of earth and sky.

12 Likes

:blush: :blush:

It makes me happy and blush that I inspired your thought process. Thank you for the acknowledgment but it was all you :wink: and the lioness!

I love/envy the lioness connection you have, you have an awesome connection. I love it when people feel those kinds of connections with animals. Iā€™ve had a few moments in my life feeling connected to animals but mostly when I was young. I am trying to reconnect myself. I always wanted to be like dr. dolittle lol

@BryWisteria I always look forward to reading the new challenge and thinking about what I can doā€¦ As always you have done a wonderful job presenting the challenge to us. Your poetry is awesome and spot on :smiley:

:butterfly:

14 Likes

So beautiful this! :heart::pray:t2:

11 Likes

I would like to share two videoā€™s . They both remind me of as above so below, as within so without
https://youtu.be/ahBe3Znj8lY Muse Brian froud
Von der Elben

11 Likes

This challenge sounds like fun @BryWisteria :people_hugging:

I feel this as a healer, so Iā€™ll have to decide if I talk about healing or explore something new!
:infinity: :infinite_roots: :triquetra:

10 Likes

That is a very strong bond! And it sounds like it may have been hiding within you for quite a while now, waiting for you to dig deeper and realize it :lion: :two_hearts:

Congrats to you, Jessica, for discovering your spirit animal/guide- I think it suits you. As one who overcome challenges with grace, holds their head high no matter the situation, and loving looks over their pack- you really have the brave and noble heart of a lioness :yellow_heart:

Absolutely! Oh goodness, this is some pretty deep stuff here and I just want to say that I certainly donā€™t expect anyone to find all their answers within just a week. As with all themes, everyone will be at different levels of experience with each topic- some already experts, and others just getting started- no need to become a master before the challenge closes! :grinning:

The questions are on the table for anyone to pick up and use in whatever way they feel helps them most- feel free to skip over ones that donā€™t feel relevant, or jot them down and look back on them sometimes in the future :blush:

The most important thing is developing your unique Craft- the challenges can be thought of as encouraging communal tools open for everyone to use and (hopefully!) enjoy :heart:

If it brings you peace, joy, and makes you feel at home, then that is a very important thing :blush: But having said that, it is completely normal if your practice waxes and wanes. Just like the moon, things that have moments of full strength also need time to rest and recover.

Keep taking good care of yourself and your health- mental, physical, and emotional. Do the things that make you feel good in your practice, and donā€™t worry about the days when you donā€™t have the energy or time to do spellwork. Your magick is a part of you- it will always be there when you are ready to call for it :heart:

The Book of Shadows Tarot definitely sounds like it works with the theme! Light and Shadow, connection between your cards and yourself. I hope you continue to enjoy the cards- have fun with your readings! :sparkles::tarot_card:

Thatā€™s a beautiful way to read the phrase :earth_americas: :milky_way: :heart:

You are so kind, Sarall- thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m thrilled you like the challenges (and the little poems too)! :grinning: :heart:

Thank you, Martje! :heart::blush:

Muse has such a great beat- and the overlapping voices? Listening to this song is a really interesting experience. And Von den Elben is transcendtal to listen to- so soothing and flowing, yet mystical at the same time :notes::relaxed:

These are both awesome songs, thanks for sharing them!

I have to admit that you came to mind while I was writing the section on healing- I know youā€™ve mentioned a lot of your healing work recently and I think it is so wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Of course, I know you have many talents in addition to healing- no matter how you choose to explore this challenge Iā€™m looking forward to your entry, Marsha! :sun_with_face:

14 Likes

What an amazing and wonderful challenge this week! Since I have gotten more thoroughly involved in my craft, I have explored the idea of working with a Deity, and have researched and considered this for the past several months now. I have considered Deities that spark meaning for me when reading about themā€¦ I have taken time to also listen to some meditations on youtube for certain Deities such as Sekhmet, Hecate, Freyja, and Artemis. I have been drawn to each of these deities for my own unique reasons, but if I am being honest, when I try to connect to them it just does not seem to ā€œclick.ā€

Unlike some of you here, I have not received ā€œsignsā€ or any signals that any specific Deity is ā€œcallingā€ to me or wanting me to work with them, and I guess that is okayā€¦? I will say that one driving force behind my craft, including any rituals or spellwork that I have done, and also one of my strongest core values as a person is JUSTICE, correcting the wrongs of the world, equality, human rights, and animal rights. I find that most of the time when I am going spellwork, ritual work, or in deep meditation and asking for any type of help or protection, it is most often related to a situation where I feel that an injustice has taken place or where I am trying to request protection for someone or something (an animal) that is in danger ā€¦not physically necessarily, but just maybe being exposed to negativity or psychological distress.

So, that being said, I have recently been toying with the idea of working with Archangels and Animal totems. I feel DEEPLY connected to animals and I love basically all animals. I also have felt curiosity and connection to Archangels for the longest time now as well. I am not at all religious in the standard sense of like Christianity, Catholicism, etcā€¦ but despite that, I have always felt connected to Archangels. I recently purchased an audible book by Sonia Choquette called ā€œAsk Your Guidesā€ which I have loved! She talks about the whole array of spirit guides, angels, archangels, and the other guides that we humans may encounter on our earthly journey. Yesterday, I was listening to a meditation to invoke Archangel Michael and for the first time I felt like ā€œAH HA! It clicks.ā€ So, I think I will keep working with this and see where it goes.

I also want to continue to explore working with animal totems and I would like to see if any specific animals are calling to me or calling to work WITH me. I have a really strong love for cats, of course, but also Ravens. I find them fascinating, beautiful, SO intelligent, and mysterious. I just love them. So amazing! In my ritual work and meditation, I will also sometimes get glimpses of ravens in my mindā€™s eye, and in the past there were periods of time where they would regularly appear in my dreams. I would like to explore this further.

Quite interestingly, according to dreamglossary.com, seeing Ravens in your dreams can signify that an injustice done to you is about to be corrected. They can also indicate signs of good luck, good news, strength, courage, and the ability to speak up about your values and desires. I think its interesting that they can signify correction of injustices because that is something that is SO important to me.

I intend to continue exploring the things that I may find connection with on this amazing path I have began walking in my Wiccan beliefs/journey. I am still brand new to all of this and still learning of course. I am going to maintain an open mind, keep researching/reading, keep meditating, doing ritual work and spell work, and most importantly I am going to continue building the connections with things that I am especially drawn to such as oracle cards, pendulum, crystal work, and work with herbs. I am especially drawn to my new oracle cards that I purchased last week - especially the Sacred Forest Oracle. I will continue connecting with each of these! :magic_wand: :crystal_ball:

Blessed be!

14 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge -as above, so below
Challenge entry - Garnet

This certainly is a Challenge with deep soul searching involved. I could almost relate it to shadow searching.

What bonds are most important to you and your Magick practice?
Since I really believe that all things are connected on some level or other. I donā€™t think that I have a most important bond.
*How do I choose between my mother and father? You donā€™t
*How do I choose between the earth and the moon.
Both are connected and reliant on each other.
How do you choose between Gods?
Actually, you donā€™t, they choose you.
Nature has a spirit, we all know that, but so do trees, grass, rivers, the sky, and the whole of mankind, How about the spirit of deer, lions, birds and fish? Together, all of them make up the ultimate connection.
All these things and more make up our world.

Are you an Empath - one who feels the needs and emotions of others?
Yes and no. Iā€™m not a born empath, but I was a nurse for many years and I learned empathy whether or not I was supposed to. But Empathy isnā€™t something innate to me. I didnā€™t choose it but it was and is an important part of my life.

Is a community or other relationships important in your Craft? Being an Eclectic Solitary Witch, I canā€™t say the community is too important to me, old lessons and all that. Although I am out of the broom closet, I still maintain my privacy tightly. Spells8 has become a welcome and lovely relationship of great importance to me.

Do you feel a connection with a deity, element, zodiac sign, etc.?
I sound very old testament when I say my Goddess has no name, but she does exist. She soothes and encourages me, give me surcease and peace.
I love all the elements.
As far as the zodiac, how do I choose between a goat and a water girl. Naw, not crazy about the zodiac or astrology, too intense for me.

Is healing (yourself, others, the planet, etc.) a key part of your practice.
In a word ā€˜Yesā€™. I have a small talent and I help when I can but I wonā€™t hang out a shingle saying 'Healer hereā€ because it doesnā€™t always work.

In conclusion:

Life is a puzzle and the Gods even more. *
Itā€™s, like watching oceans waves hit the shore
Can you see by watching them crash
*Are they all the same or just an erratic splash?

Magick is a maze that twists and turns.
Am I doing this right? Or will I get burned.
Fret and worry and what do you find
You know your magic, itā€™s deep in your mind.

Mankindā€™s like a circle where they start they also end.
And most of us are wishing we all could be friends.
Yet some have evil intent & practice war
Now I understand what the Gods are for.

Peace on earth and fellowship among men.
Blessed Be
Garnet

15 Likes

Beautifully done @Garnet :heart:

Itā€™s true, healing doesnā€™t always work! And there can be so many reasons why someone doesnā€™t heal, but the main reason is that they donā€™t want to be healed! I always send healing for the highest good with the best possible outcome! We live in a world where we have free choice, so everyone can make their own decisionsā€¦ and itā€™s very sad when it doesnā€™t (seem) to work. Perhaps thereā€™s an important lesson to be learned and healing cannot happen until the lesson is learned. At this point in my life, I only do distant healing, so I wonā€™t be hanging out a shingle either! :smile:

I highly recommend Why People Donā€™t Heal And How They Can by Caroline Myss, Ph.D.

I love your In conclusion poem! Thanks so much for sharing.
:heart:

15 Likes

My entree

It s a topic which appeals to me very much. I always felt there was a reason for my existence even as a child. As a child I was playing a game. When I was lying in my bed I could feel my heartbeat all over my body and the bloodstream going anywhere. In my imagination there were little tiny soldiers walking over and in my body. So I was feeling them and observing how I felt. And at some point I couldnā€™t feel my legs and arms anymore where they where supposed to be. It was like my legs were at the place of my arms and the other way around.
And then I felt like I was a tiny small point and everything around me very big. But also this point became very big and the surroundings small. So I felt big and small at the same time.
At that point a very fast and strong energy began to move and I got scared so the experience stopped. I believe I was about to go out of my body. I had this experience several times and always in the same order.
I believe it showed me that everything big is also very small and all small things are also big,
And what is inside me is also outside of me. Of course I didnā€™t think about it that way, it was a game for me a strange and exciting experience

When I got older I could recognize myself , see myself in everyone else, and I felt that I was different with everyone else. I was always tuning in. It became my second nature. So in my puberty and adolescence I had several identity crises. I didnā€™t know who I was. At the age of eighteen I realized that I was everything I experienced in others. And that my individuality was determined by my choice. That I was the center of my life by choosing my experiences and connections.

Those were important discoveries, And they still are. I couldnā€™t apply them in my day to day life at that time, but they gave me some peace and understanding and a goal to work on.

Again a few years later I had a very clear vision. I had a citrine with me a very bright one. And I asked a higher power , god, source, I didnā€™t have a real name for it , to see my own light.
And just after my Question my whole body began to glow immediately. It was like I was on fire.
And then I saw a door a bit open, with a very bright light behind it. I have tried to open it, but the image disappeared.
Before I could even think about it there was another image. An image of a Greek temple with pilars and also a very bright light. Also this image disappeared
The third image was a road. A white snowy road.

It took my a while to translate this experience. But I believe this is what it means.
There is light, but I canā€™t just grasp for it. In order to open the door I have to realize it inside of me ( the temple as the souls body) And in order to realize it inside of me I have to walk the road. They are connected, they cannot be seen apart from each other.

These were very important marking points at a young age and they determined my life and still are important to me.

15 Likes

Love your entry @martje
I am so glad you are here, thank you for sharing your journey with us! Your visions sound so beautiful.
With Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy:

13 Likes

Thank you Marsha :heart::pray:t2:

11 Likes

Well im not missing this challenge!!
I am an empath and more and more intuitive. I am claircognizant, meaning i just know when something will happen as i listen to my body and what im feeling. Iā€™m clairaudient, i hear things. And most importantly, clairsentient because i feel what others feel, physically and emotionally.
You should just call me Clair!! :joy:
There have been times when i would dream about an event and it happened the nest day. I dont like them. Each time they were negative and didnt know how to prevent it from happening because i didnt know where that person was.

17 Likes

As Above, So Below - Challenge Entry

This was a harder one for me to decide what to do for the challenge.
I decided to answer the questions in the beginning of the challenge:

• The bonds that are the most important to me and my magickal practice are the connections to my intuition, to nature, ti animals and to the people I care about.

• I am indeed an empath. I am very intuitive about peopleā€™s feelings, motivations and intentions. Sometimes that is harmful as I can get wrapped up in otherā€™s negativity. Being empathetic does make me a sympathetic listener and friend.

• A community is more important to me than Iā€™d have expected. Iā€™d always been a solitary practitioner but finding support here in Infinite Roots has been amazing and has allowed me to grow.
    I have felt a connection to Artemis, nature and the moon since a child. While crows have always fascinated me, the connection to The Morrigan has been only very recent.

• Healing is not part of my practice

While thinking about what I could do for this challenge, the phrase As above, so below stayed with me. Last night I was working on a tarot lesson on the Labyrinthos app, talking about ā€œThe Meaning of Magicā€ and there it was again - ā€œAs above, so belowā€.

I decided to look for a tarot spread for Artemis. I found an interesting one that listed various epitaphs of Artemis and the one that caught my eye was Agreia - woman of the wild or huntress. Using this epitaph I asked 4 questions and pulled 4 cards.

1. Are you really a woman of the wild?
  2. How can I be more like you?
  3. What do you ask of me?
  4. How do I honor this aspect of you?

I do feel the cards I drew and the reading are a personal message that Iā€™ll keep to myself for now, but I look forward to the challenges she has laid out for me!

I might still work on creating the Empath Shielding Spray as well.

Thank you for this opportunity to learn, grow and share!

15 Likes

:star: Weekly witchy challenge - As Above, So Below- Entry

:blush: Good evening everyone. Iā€™m going to start with the Q&A

• What bonds are most important to you and your magickal practice?

• Since all things are connected Itā€™s all really important. I spend a lot of time working with my higher power, inner child, spirit guides, and archangels. I also work on refreshing my energy from the universe and mother earth. Building relationships with my magickal practice has been a blessing.
  • Are you an Empath- one who feels the needs and emotions of others?

• Most definitely. I feel I always have, but as I grow in my practice Iā€™m becoming more sensitive. To the point, I struggle to not take on other energies. Iā€™m practicing putting up protective shields. Especially in certain situations. But I need more practice. Itā€™s not as easy as one would think. LOL!
  • Is a community or other relationships important in your Craft?

• I think a mix of both is important. I love that I can share and learn from other like minded souls. There is also a time and place to explore ideas on your own. The magic really comes within, so itā€™s important to take the time to be quiet and listen to our higher selvesā€¦ :slight_smile:
  • Do you feel a connection with a deity, element, zodiac sign, etc?

• I do. I have been working with Freya for almost 3 years. She came to me during a meditation looking to meet my spirit guides. She came forward. I have been working with her ever since.
  • Is healing (yourself, others, the planet, etc) a key part of your practice?

• Healing myself is a big part of my practice. I work on my shadow self and spend some time healing my inner child. I grew up in a very toxic abusive environment and that little girl inside needs to heal. I do not have a practice of healing others, but I do have the ability to help others feel a sense of calmness and safety in most situations.

:person_in_lotus_position:For this challenge I chose to do a self love meditation. I lit a a pink candle, put out some rose quartz, and called upon Freya for loving guidance. Freya is the goddess of love and war and fridays are a great day to call upon her and work on matters of love. During my meditation I felt like I was in a bubble of peace and total love. Warm and floaty. That might sound weird and a little corny, but thatā€™s the best way I can describe it. LOL!

:heart: Self love has been a big part of my practice. It all begins within us, and having a healthy spirt is so important for sending out positive intentions into the universe. I try to do at least one small act of self love everyday. A little dose of self love each day goes a long way. This has been a part of my spiritual learning, as I didnā€™t use to put my selfcare first. Having a morning self love ritual is an amazing way to start the day. That and a good coffee spell. :coffee:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for this challenge and allowing me to share and learn from you all! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your challenge! :magic_wand:

:lotus: In Love and Light

14 Likes

I love that you incorporated tarot into your challenge. I love tarot. Itā€™s such a powerful tool. I also think I need to make some of that empath shielding spray. :slight_smile:
Thank you for sharing!

14 Likes