šŸ›” Weekly Witchy Challenge - Powerful Protection

Warm greetings to all!

Well done once again to all those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Magick of Music :dancer:

After treasuring the wonders of magickal music, itā€™s time to tune in to other treasures in our lives. And for all that we hold dear- it is worth the time to effort to keep those precious things safe :shield:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge was suggested by the wonderful @sarah29 and isā€¦

Spells8 Protective Magick Challenge

:shield::raised_hand: Powerful Protection :lock: :sparkles:

Protection spells come in a plethora of forms- ranging from shrouding spells, blessing work, physical protection, spiritual warding, and more.

It is common for other types of spellwork to be followed by protection spells, and many general types of spellwork (such as blessings and prayers) often incorporate elements of protection and defense :shield:.

Protection spells are common and well-used- they are both a very versatile and useful aspect of magick!

This weekā€™s challenge is all about exploring how you can use protection magick in your practice .

Are you ready? Itā€™sā€¦ CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

Art by Davey-sama: The Magic Barrier

STEP 1 : Protective Magick :shield:

There are many ways you can cast or draw on protective magick for this challenge. To help you get started, here a few ideas that you might pursue:

:sparkles: Protective Spellwork and Rituals

Goddess Protection Charm Bag
Goddess-Protection-Charm-Bag-360x240

House Protection Charm
House-Protection-Charm-Bag-360x240

Protection Candle Spell
Protection-Candle-Spell-thumb

Good Luck and Protection on My Path
Good-Luck-and-Protection-on-my-path-1-360x240

As white candles have inherent protective properties, White Candle Spells are a great choice for protective spellwork
White-Candle-Spells-360x240

There are so many protective spells and rituals out there! If youā€™re still on the hunt, check out this compiled list of Protective Spells:

Protection-Spells-with-Candles-Witchcraft-360x240

:white_circle: Warding

A ā€œwardā€ is a form of magickal barrier that can be used to both protect things within and keep negative forces out. While not all witches use circles in their practice, casting a circle is a common form of protective warding used in magick.

Circle Casting For All
Casting-a-Protection-Circle-400x267

Calling the Quarters/Guardians into a Circle
How-to-Call-the-Quarters-Wicca-360x240

There are other ways to cast wards and protective barriers- on both yourself, others, and inanimate objects.

Magic Armor Spell
Good-Luck-Onion-Protection-Spell-360x240

Waterfall Ward
Spell-to-Ward-Off-Evil-thumb

:raised_hands: ā€¦And More!

There are many ways to use protective magick- feel free to be creative with your challenge entry this week!

Art by Bob Kehl: Shield Maiden

STEP 2: Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About your experience using protective magick in your magickal practice

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, September 28th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-09-28T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Art by Gabriel Bulkik XIX on ArtStation

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Staff Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Art by Jason Heeley on DeviantArt

For all the blessings in your life, all the love that you treasure- protect your treasures well, keep them safe from harm and strife!

Blessed be! :shield::sparkles:

22 Likes

This is beautiful and Iā€™m so excited!! Thank you, @BryWisteria !!!

For anyone interested, I found this podcast episode (ā€œShielding, Warding, & Protective Magicā€) from Seeking Witchcraft to be full of great information and inspiration. :crossed_fingers:t3:I hope the link works.

15 Likes

I already like this challenge. I love protective magic. I make up protection pouches for my daughter & me when we have new things coming up or something is going on. I have my grief sachet hanging above where I sleep right now. Since I want to do a good cleansing & such in my room, I think I will come up with something for protection in here. This is going to be a good challenge!

14 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to do a Draconic Protection Spell againstā€¦ Iā€™m gonna sayā€¦troublesome customers. :laughing: I could always use some protection against their bad vibes, so I donā€™t lose my patience.

12 Likes

Well I have not participated in any challenge so far and this is the first time I do not know if this answer is acceptable or not but I would like to share it with you!:woman_shrugging:t2:

In IranšŸ‡®šŸ‡·, we do several things to protect ourselves from negative waves or unwanted energies. We do not use the word talisman very much, but I think all this is a kind of magic. It is very simple!

1- Hanging the blue eye symbol on or near the front door.:nazar_amulet:

2- Breaking an egg in front of the door (some people when buying a new house or a serious car or something else that may surprise others or draw unwanted energies towards themselves)
There are many types of egg breaking that I will not go into too much detail.:egg:

3- Burning Espand, which is very common and almost all Iranians do this, and sometimes with special poems and songs with dialects and dialects specific to the province where they live, Esfand smoking is one of the daily ceremonies. Almost many days of the year we use pecan smoke to protect ourselves and our home.:wind_face::fire:

1. Sacrificing an animal such as a sheep or a goat or a cow or a chicken whose meat is donated to the poor This is an important ceremony at a wedding or the birth of a baby.:bride_with_veil:t2:ā€ā™€:breast_feeding:t2::ox::goat::sheep::rooster:
    5- Keeping the cactus plant :cactus:

6- Giving alms (donating a sum of money or an object or food to the poor) :money_with_wings:
7- Using a bedside lamp made of salt stone or just putting a few salt stones in the house or even a kitchen salt container that we put in the room.:salt:
8- Muslim people use various Islamic amulets that they keep with them or keep in their homes.:prayer_beads:
The items I use myself are the most used items 3-5-7.

14 Likes

That looks like an awesome podcast- thanks for sharing it (the link works perfectly! :blush:), and once again for the challenge idea @sarah29! :heart:

Protective magick is clearly a treasure part of your practice, @Susurrus- you have such a talent for your magickal pouches and sachets! :purse: :sparkles: Whatever you decide to do for the challenge is sure to be lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s perfect, @Kasandra! Goodness knows a protection spell is a necessity for those brave and strong souls who work with customers- wishing you all the best with your spellwork! :pray::dragon_face:

That is a beautiful challenge entry, @Zari- thank you so much for sharing the protective traditions of Iran! Sometimes magick exists even without being called ā€œmagickā€ directly- and I agree, these traditions do sound very magickal to invite in protective energies and blessings :blush: Great job and thanks so much for joining in, Zari! :heart::tada:

12 Likes

I am definitely going to be researching & coming up with a perfect protection pouch. I may make 1 for some kind of protection while I am so vulnerable & still recovering from the events of the summer. Maybe an Empath pouch of some kind.

Iā€™m having Empathic difficulties right now where I am taking on the pain of someone close to me & I canā€™t take it away from them. Logically I know, this is something that he has to go through for his own development. He has to experience this on his own, but I can be there for him. Iā€™m trying so hard to keep myself from taking his on, but itā€™s my son & his first real heartbreak of a long relationship (5 years). Itā€™s breaking my heart to hear him tell me that he has been destroyed & how much it hurts. So I need some kind of protection of the energy that I do have around me.

11 Likes

I bought this charm a few days ago and plan on doing a protection spell for it. I know exactly what I will be doing for this weekā€™s challenge :grin:

8 Likes

Thank you for another interesting challenge. Iā€™ve used small protective spells (putting salt around the house, using black tourmaline, etc.)

I use salt or sage to smudge and clear my space and say a protective spell when I cast my circles you may know: walking clockwise three times, I say: ā€œI cast the circle thrice about to keep love in and evil out.ā€ When I open the circle when I am done, I walk counter clockwise three times and thank any energy I have invoked, asking them to go in peace and love.

I am taking advantage of the inexpensive orange and black tape candles now available to do protective and justice spells. Tonight, I had intended to do the Spells 8 Legal Blessings spell (and that uses bay leaves which has protective properties) , so I did that and I also consecrated a pendant and a bracelet I made (made of onyx, quartz, tiger eye, unakite, black jasper, snowflake obsidian and lava rock) to protect me from negative energy while I work on a legal matter. I am safe :slight_smile: but oh, the negativity. For this, I used the Amulet Consecration Spell on Spells8. I also burned in my cauldron a mixture of a small amount of protective herbs: angelica, rosemary, mugwort, rue and yarrow. The white sage, incense and protective herbs were very fragrant as they burned and the sensory aspect, in addition to the flame of the candelight, was conducive for meditating on my intentions and needs. I like these spells because they help me focus on my inner peace and self-determination.

14 Likes

@zari that is very similar to my family too. See my husband is Afghan but grew up in Iran and I have visited many time in 12 years so our day to day life is reflective

11 Likes

@zari @BryWisteria my husband also smokes us with badra it is a Afghan tradition which can be burnt similar to sage smudge sticksā€¦ it is mainly used on babies however it can be used on anyoneā€¦ Also the last time I visited Iran I we went to se a religious shaman who lived in the country side in Bandar Abbas Iran and he gave me this amulet for protection from evil eye as I seem to get headaches when ever I visit different peoples housesā€¦ it must be their different energies donā€™t agree with me

The last picture is esfand also known as wild rue as @zari said and the beige plant based thing to the left is badra

12 Likes

@zari the egg breaking we use is when it is when we say a prayer or also called Duma on it then smash it into a big bowl or bucket and if there are bubbles in it then someone has evil eyed you :nazar_amulet:

9 Likes

:grey_exclamation: Mod Edit Potentially triggering content has been hidden behind a blur.

For this weekā€™s challenge, I would like to share with permission granted from my friend (who requested to remain nameless) how I protected myself and attempted to help rid of the negative energy my friend was suffering from.

It was Tuesday afternoon when I got the call from my friend who told me, she had been unable to sleep well for some time and she couldnā€™t take it anymore. Then she proceeded to tell me that she is trying to figure out the best way to end her life. OMG! I thought, so with her still on the phone without a second thought I immediately gathered some of my ā€œtoolsā€ and went straight to her.

As I was driving I realized that I didnā€™t take any steps to protect myself and so in my car driving down the road I surrounded myself with a shield of protective light.

*This is how I did it ( I have never done this on the go before)

• Outloud I asked the protector of all witches, Hekate to be present with me and to protect me from any evil forces that are seen or unseen and to guard me against all that would do me harm and to hold back the dangers of the darkness that I am about to walk into, then I thanked her of course. Simply asking your guide, angel, or whatever your protective source for their help will enable them to help you. I was taught this is because in accordance with the law of ā€œfree willā€ the spiritual realm is limited to what they can do until you ask.
    -After asking for her protection I knew Hekate was with me (she has a powerful presence and cannot be mistaken) As I pulled up and parked, I visualized the protective shield surrounding me, and with the piece of black tourmaline in my pocket, I walked through her door and into her house. I gave my friend a hug, told her I love her and that I want to help her. After getting my friendā€™s permission I lit a white candle said a short prayer and started to cleanse her with palo santo and then every corner and space of her house. starting at her front door I worked clockwise. Then I started a small fire in my portable cauldron that I brought and took a handful of salt, passed it around her head 3 times, and had her repeat after me three times ā€œI invoke the light in me, I am a clear and perfect channel, light is my guideā€. and I threw the salt in the fire. After that was done my friend smiled at me and gave me a huge hug then thanked me. She then made a phone call to her doctor and is currently in treatment doing really well. She should be going home next week sometime.
    I have never done that for anyone before and you could imagine my feeling of relief when she almost immediately took it upon herself to get help for her suicidal thoughts and her insomnia.

This challenge is important because Itā€™s important to take the steps to protect ourselves. In our world today there are many energies that are seeking out an energy source to attach to for nourishment. If we donā€™t protect ourselves we can unknowingly pick up energies or entities sucked into our aura and drain us making us feel tired, exhausted, unmotivated, and depressed. If our energy is weak or not protected these energies can easily enter into us and cause negative influences on our life.

-much love and many blessings
-much love

15 Likes

It sounds like a protection or Empath pouch would be a great plan, @Susurrus. Perhaps one for your son as well as he overcomes the waves of heartbreak- it sounds like a tough time all around. Sending good energy to you both- hang in there! :pray:

Awesome @NickWick! Hope you enjoy your protective spellwork! :sparkles:

Youā€™re very welcome @mary25- thank you for joining in with such a lovely entry! That is a beautiful protective ritual. And good for you for taking advantage of the seasonal black and orange candles! :grin::+1: You chose some great herbs to include as well- all around great job!

Thatā€™s really interesting, @TheMuslimWitch! I havenā€™t heard of badra before, but it sounds like it is similar to sage in how it functions. As for the headachesā€¦ have you considered that you might be an Empath? Not a diagnosis, just a suggestion as you seem to be able to feel the emotions of others very keenly! :+1:

Thank goodness you went to her rescue, @moonshadow- you are a very good friend. In such a tense and stressful situation it is a very good idea to protect yourself too. Beautiful ritual- you followed your heart and worked magick with a strong protective intent. Well done! :heart:

8 Likes

I really love this kinds of ways to ward and protect yourselves and your family @TheMuslimWitch & @zari, thank you for sharing it.
I do use some amulets and stones in which I carry on or with me. Most of the time, I rely on my guides, or entities that are with me. Is funny, specially to those that had see me in Zoom in our meetings, Iā€™m always smiling and soft when speaking. At least thatā€™s how I perceive myself. Witnessing the reaction of some practitioners over here where I live when I greet them, and knowing that they can see the unseen, specially the entities with me, hesitating to give to me a simple hand shake, and when they do, with fear. And from me, making eye contact to the person with a smirk, but saying hello, how do you do, with courtesy.
Iā€™m going to share a prayer I used to do in Daemonolatry, is from a book from S. Connolly:
Demonic Prayer and Prayer Cord

ADVICE: THIS IS A CATHOLIC PRAYER MODIFIED FOR THE BEINGS WORSHIP IN DAEMONOLATRY

The light of Lucifer surrounds me, The love of Flereous enfolds me, The power of Belial protects me, The presence of Leviathan watches over me, Grant me Protection By the Daemonic Divine, Grant Thy protection And in protection, strength And in strength, understanding And in understanding, knowledge And in knowledge, the knowledge of justice And in the knowledge of justice, the love of it And in the love of it, the love of all existences And in that love, the love of spirit and all creation. Amen.

7 Likes

The traditions of different provinces and cities are very different, so I did not go into details and Afghanistan was part of Iran in the past, and yes, many Afghans live in our country, but there are many differences with Iranians in culture and tradition. have. But I like to do things myself. As for Badra and Badra, I do not know what they are. And I have to do a stronger protective spell for myself because I also absorb a lot of negative energy from others ā€¦ and I canā€™t get rid of it for days and weeks and it hurts me. I hope that in this challenge I can find a spell that has a high power in protecting my energies and repelling unwanted energies because it tortures me.

10 Likes

For this challenge I want to mention 24 crystals you can use for protection. They can help in various ways e.g., (psychic abilities, aura, travel, home, energy, situations, relationships, and more). This is not a definite list so I encourage you to research more out there!
:brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle:

Crystals for Protection

• Agate, Amazonite, Amber, Amethyst
  • Black Moonstone, Black Tourmaline, Blue Kyanite, Bronzite
  • Carnelian
  • Fluorite
  • Garnet
  • Hematite
  • Jet
  • Labradorite
  • Malachite
  • Obsidian, Onyx
  • Pyrite
  • Red Jasper
  • Shungite, Smoky Quartz, Sugilite
  • Tigerā€™s Eye, Tourmalated Quartz

:brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle: :brown_circle:

ā€œCrystal protection is a means of protecting oneself from unwanted spiritual and emotional energies with the use of specific healing and protecting crystals. When we feel out of balance from taking on negativity around us, or directed at us, that feeling is a good indicator that we are in need of protectionā€¦ā€

ā€œā€¦Protecting oneself comes in different forms and for different reasons. Protection is not just physical, but spiritual and emotional as well. One may use crystals for protection from the judgement, manipulation and anger of others that may be directed our way, or the negative energy that is being emitted. Using crystals for protection helps us to be more mindful and aware of the negative energy being directed towards us, allowing us to change our focusā€¦ā€

ā€œā€¦The spaces that we frequent, such as work and home, may also benefit from crystals for protection. The energy that fills our environment may sometimes need shifting, and crystals can help shield you from unwanted vibrations that may be surrounding youā€¦ā€

13 Likes

@BryWisteria thats very interestingā€¦ I have heard of empaths but never really went into too much thought about itā€¦ I checked out the link you put up and a lot of these things sound similar to me. Unfortunately I am in a household with a lot of anger and discomfort and perhaps this is why I just canā€™t get comfortable and am always frustrated and on edgeā€¦most days I will find any excuse to take off and ride on my motorbike with no one else aroundā€¦ I do get exhausted as I do fell what others are feeling even to the point where I start crying when I feel a pain of someone who has had a loved one that died. I have even had a glass fall off a cupboard shelf without anyone touching it and almost hit a person I sensed who did not like me and had negative intentions towards me and another ncident when they were holding a glass cup and when I looked at them it smashed into piecesā€¦ that may not be a empath example but it is relatableā€¦. Thanks Brianna for the information :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Oh, thank you for this list! I have most of them & regularly use some of them for protection already for certain circumstances.

I hope you have a great day!

10 Likes

Thats awesome! I hope you have a great day as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes