👛 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Making Objects Magickal

Merry meet to all!

Thank you once again to all of the blessed souls who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magickal Blessings :sparkles:

With our blessings counted and cast, it’s time to share a bit of that magick with the world around us.

The theme for this week’s challenge was offered by the kind @Kasandra and is…

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Making Objects Magickal

:purse: :prayer_beads: Making Objects Magickal :pen::ring:

Talismans, charms, enchantments and more-
A witch’s belongings are never a bore!

The challenge this week calls on you to take non-magickal items or materials and turn them into something marvelously magickal.

You might consider making Charms, Amulets, Talismans, and/or Enchantments. While all related, each of these terms has their own unique qualities. To learn more, I recommend taking a peek at the following helpful discussions:

Difference Between Talismans, Amulets, and Charms
Amulets and Talismans: What is the Difference?

From crafting your own talismans or charms to enchanting what you wear or the items in your space- this week is all about adding a touch of magick to the objects around you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bellhop_bell:

From iStock: Good Luck Charms

STEP 1 : Making Objects Magickal :sparkler:

When it comes to enchanting objects and adding magick to the world around you, there are many ways to go about it.

To help jump-start your creativity, here are few suggestions you might consider for your challenge entry this week!

:hammer_and_pick: Make a Magickal Object

This week, why not gather materials and craft your own magickal object from scratch? Recycling scraps and unused materials is not just Earth-Friendly Witchcraft, it’s a great way to be a Thrifty Witch as well!

Here are few ways you might get crafting in your Craft this week:

How to Make a Protective Talisman

How to Make a House Protection Charm
House-Protection-Charm-Bag-360x240

How to Make Spells Jars and Charm Bags
Jars-and-Bag-Spells-Witch-Apothecary-360x240

:books: Enchant Objects Around You

From brooms blessed with protective qualities to doors enchanted to keep unwanted visitors out- the objects in and around your home can be enhanced with magick.

Here are just a few suggestions you might consider!

How to Add Runes to Make Talismans and Amulets
Adding Magickal Symbols to Bring Protection
Art Witch Spell: How to Enchant a Pen

How to Activate and Charge Talismans and Amulets
How-to-Charge-Activate-Amulet

:sparkles: Wearable Enchantments

From clothes to jewelry, hair pins to boots- the things you wear are carried with you throughout the day. By adding magick to the objects around you, you can create an extra layer of protection or blessings for at home or wherever you go!

Here are a few ways you might enchant the things you wear:

A Simple Jewelry Enchantment
Charging Jewelry in the Moonlight

:raised_hands: …And More!

The world around you is ready for a touch of magick- feel free to be creative with how you add magick to objects this week!

images
Picture from Reddit: Yennefer’s Pendant

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

• About how you made or added magick to an object this week

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, October 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-10-26T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

From Wikipedia: Omamori Protective Talismans

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Art by Benedict Odom: Amulet

Just a spoonful of magick to something on hand-
will make something wonderous of that which was bland.
Unwanted scraps or beloved jewels,
Magick turns things into great witchy tools!

Blessed be! :sparkles::purse:

22 Likes

I can’t wait to get settled with the full moon after I run my errands and create something!

10 Likes

OH I have the perfect thing for this challenge. I am putting some tools, decks, & jewelry out under the moon tonight after I smoke cleanse everything today. Plus, I just received a new silver pagan necklace that I want to enchant also! Great timing for this one! :dizzy:

9 Likes

I just got some new witch’s bells from Amazon! I can’t wait to concentrate them and put them up!

9 Likes

I want to make another set of Witch’s Bells for my room. I can just never find the bells I want to use. :thinking: I will see what I can find on Amazon & Etsy for them though. :heart:

11 Likes

This was an easy peasy lemon squeezey challenge for me. Being an artist I have repurposed or made almost everything in my sacred space. And the hardest part of this challenge was deciding which items to showcase for it but I picked a few of my favorites.

First I’ll start with these 2.i got both of these little cement figures from The crystal council. One obviously is my figurine of Lord Ganesha (whom I will work with later this evening after work :grin:) and the other is a little worry stone type talisman both of which I consecrated using the Spells8 cast along video and the talisman was set with the intention of gaining strength as I grow into a more adept witch. Lord Ganesha just sits pretty candle stand where I light the Masculine candle because, well, he knows what he is doing. :rofl:
Next I have my trinket boxes that I painted and decoupaged (@Susurrus here they are so you get a chance to see them :grin:)

This box holds all of my candles that aren’t in glass holders

This is my spell box where I keep petitions, poppets, and any spell spells that are meant to be kept undisturbed
Both of which I cleansed with Palo Santo and used the Spells8 spell for consecrating tools and of course I added sea salt and clear quartz to both boxes before putting anything inside them. I also prayed the following over both boxes before putting anything in them just to protect the items inside:

“negative energy may not stay
I release it and send it on it’s way.
Negative energy I banish thee.
This is my word
So mote it be!”

Lastly I have my black scrying mirror that I made and consecrated using the same spell for tools

16 Likes

Already know what to do! :grin:
I found my old The Vampire Diaries necklace. For those of you who’ve watched the show, Elena wore an old locket filled with vervain that prevented her from being compelled by vampires. I’ll probably have to buy a new necklace from Amazon since my old one is at least 12 years old and has tarnished a lot. The newer ones don’t have any vervain in them though, but I figured, I could use other herbs like sage or rosemary.

10 Likes

@Kasandra I have some vervain I could send you

8 Likes

Those boxes are lovely! I have 2 boxes on my altar. 1 has the Tree of Life carved into it & holds my witchy crystal soaps. The other holds things like candles that I can reuse the wax for or finish with another daily candle :candle: or meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: … really depends on what I used it for in the first place & if I carved or dressed them. Great job on them! I really like them.

Great job on the cement stones too! :heart:

7 Likes

I was able to find a necklace with vervain in it, but thanks for the offer. :smiley:

8 Likes

I made my first talisman using copper wire wrap watching DIY videos on YouTube, because I believe a lot of what we can do with Witchcraft are self made items instead of store bought on many occasions, and as much as I can. Such as candles, oils, herbs, etc.

Anyway, with last night’s Full Moon, I brought out this wrapped Rose Quartz which I have made (I have big fingers, so I’m happy for my first attempt that it looks nice like this, but will only get better as I practice) for my mother for Beltane which is coming up in the Southern Hemisphere.

I meditated using the group ritual during this time as well and put intentions into this crystal to give my mother love and to assist with her anxiety during these tough times.

Tem

21 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius you must have been reading my mind as I was just thinking about what I have laying around because I want a charm. I really enjoy reading your comments and writings!

8 Likes

Great job @Temujin_Calidius! I have wire wrapped a few things also! Mostly Agate slices & a Tigers Eye cabochon. It looks lovely! :two_hearts:

I just got my items, crystals, decks, & jewelry out on my back porch for our full moon. Along with my Quartz charged Moon Water, oils, sprays, elixirs, whatever hasn’t been out since June or before :laughing:

My husband set up the table & helped me bring them all out there when her got home from work. The Full Moon is just coming up here. It’s a gorgeous night & the moon isn’t hiding! :full_moon:

8 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius it looks great. I’m sure your mother will love it. That was a very thoughtful gift for her

9 Likes

Full Moon
The crown :crown: that I wear the seven keys :key: of Hecate! Thanks to Persephone I wear my crown :crown: Tonight is the full moon so I banish all that hinders me Take a candle and light the way to the sacred cave! Banishing all that is bane!
I banish the lies
I banish the pain
I banish the insane affliction affiliated with mental illness
I banish my shame
I banish the feelings and emotions that are fear and anxiety’s
I banish anger
I banish all
Know I ask this skull :skull: to take all that stuff
Then I ask the skull to assist me in keeping her keys :key: and allowing me to wear my crown :princess:
Help me skull :skull: and assist me with what I need be a bridge :bridge_at_night: in my life!
My invocation

My :key: keys I have
I love :heart: :black_heart::heart:myself infinity
I accept myself
I take up my truth
I have faith
I am strong
I am a creative
I have the seed of hope :pray:!
Jeannie

22 Likes

Hooray! Looking forward to seeing what you’ll make this week @Christina4- have fun! :blush:

Ohhh that sounds lovely- and perfect timing with the necklace, @Susurrus! Do you know what properties you’d like to enchant it with yet? Protection, health, or maybe something else? Can’t wait to hear about it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nice, @Amethyst! That’s perfect timing too- wishing you all the best with consecrating your lovely new witch’s bells :bell: :revolving_hearts:

You have so many lovely treasures, @phoenix_dawn- and those are gorgeous talismans! I love the care and intent that went into your boxes too- such a lovely blessing :heart: Thanks for sharing!

Wow, 12 years is impressive, @Kasandra! I am sure your new one will be lovely too, but I’d suggest keeping the old one as well. After all that time nearby, I imagine it’s become really in tune with your energy :sparkling_heart:

The rose quartz wrap turned out beautiful, @Temujin_Calidius- great job! It is a very heartfelt and powerful gift, I’m sure your mother will enjoy it :blush:

That’s such a beautiful skull decoration, @Jeannie1- I think it’s perfect for the upcoming Day of the Dead (November 2nd)! :skull: :hibiscus: Beautiful work with Hecate and Persephone, and thanks for sharing the lovely chant as well. Great job! :heart:

10 Likes

There’s that word again :joy: sorry it’s a beautiful creation! I love the amulets that you have and your challenge in general!!

7 Likes

Wow wee that’s gorgeous :star_struck:
I love your spell!!! :heart::skull::candle:

9 Likes

Very nice :star_struck:

7 Likes

I consecrated a few amulets. Theyre all from my grandmother. Well, the four leaf clover and butterfly belonged to her and the rose I saved from a jewelry box that broke that she gifted me. I knew it had a purpose all those years ago!

I used the Spells8 consecration ritual.

:sparkles:Thank you for the chance to get more aquainted with my grandmother! I feel the thin veil. I was called to do this, I just needed a little push.

14 Likes