✅ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Conditional Magick

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Numerology :1234:

Numbers may be behind us (no doubt to the delight of any fellow math un-enthusiasts :laughing: ) but those who enjoy calculating shouldn’t fear! You may also enjoy the planning and process involved with this week’s thoughtful nature :face_with_monocle:

The theme for this week’s challenge was offered by the wonderful @Kasandra and is…

Conditional Magick Circumstances Challenge Spells8

:white_check_mark: :scroll: Conditions in Magick :magic_wand: :books:

The circumstances you cast under can affect and enhance your spellwork- do you enjoy following set conditions, or do you like to set your own?

What are “conditions” in magick? :thinking:

Take a look at any premade spell or ritual and you’re sure to see them- the conditions, aka the circumstances needed to cast the spell, can mention anything from the ingredients required to the timing of casting, any special robes you need to wear to the day of the week to cast on and more.

While it isn’t necessary to follow or set your own conditions in spellwork (some may find them to be limiting), setting and following conditions can help to add complimentary correspondences, qualities, and energies to your spellwork. It is definitely an area worth exploring, even if just for a week! :sparkles:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s theme challenges you to explore conditions in magick - but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

STEP 1 : Checking Off the List of Magickal Conditions :white_check_mark:

This challenge is all about the many conditions of casting- there are many ways to jump into this theme!

Still not sure where to begin?

To help you get started, the following list has a few suggestions in which a witch might approach this challenge! :sparkles:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:mag: Examine Spellwork Conditions

Bring out your Book of Shadows, Grimoire, or other Sacred Book (if you don’t have a Book, you can pick one of the Spell Collections on Spells8!) and browse through your spells and rituals.

Take a close look at the requirements for the spells- what types of spells require which prerequiments?

As you look, you may start to see patterns in the spells- being aware of these trends and patterns can help you classify spells and create your own spellwork conditions best suited to any situation you need! :mage:

:open_book: Study Common Conditions in Magick

While there are as many possible situations for spellwork as there are spells out there, some conditions are commonly sought out- you’ve likely cast or read about a spell that recommends casting in line with some of the following!

7 Magickal Days of the Week - What to Cast on Each Day
7-Magickal-Days-of-the-Week-360x240

Moon Magick Guide - Spells for Each Lunar Phase
Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals-360x240

Color Magick - Different Colors for Different Intentions
Candle-Spells-Color-Chart

The Elements - Magick for Each Element
Elements-of-Wiccan-Wisdom-Lesson-360x240

Special Dates, Holidays, and Occasions
Wheel-of-the-Year-Wicca-Learn-360x240

Additional Casting Conditions Include:

• Seasons
  • Astrology and Zodiac Signs
  • Time of Day
  • Dates and Numbers
  • Weather
  • Physical Location
  • Etc.

:writing_hand: Write a Spell and Set Your Own Conditions

Feeling creative? Give writing your own spell a try! As you plan the spell, consider the ideal circumstances for manifestation your intention. You might keep in mind things like the phase of the moon, the day of the week, the location, etc.

To help you get started, here are some spell writing resources:

My Spellwriting Process
How-to-write-magic-spells-400x267

How to Write Your Own Spells
Writing-your-own-spells-Wicca-360x240

:person_in_lotus_position: Examine Your Personal Conditions for Casting

“I’ve noticed that there are some conditions that I have to meet before I meditate or cast spells. Such as, the time of day, the lighting around my sacred space, the scents, the noise level, etc.”

Quote from the lovely @Kasandra

We are made up of unique circumstances- everything from the personal magickal path that we follow to our physical location in the world, from our busy schedules to the ingredients we have on hand and more.

In a practice where we lay our own rules and design a Craft that works for us, it is only natural that we have our own personal conditions- some we know and others we may not be aware of- when we cast! :magic_wand:

For this challenge, you might take some time to examine your own space and spellwork- see what conditions you follow, which you choose to set aside, and if there are any special circumstances you like to arrange when you cast :mage:

:raised_hands: … And More!

As always, you are free to draw on your creativity and pursue the theme of conditions and circumstances in magick in ways that suit your unique magickal practice :blush:

Picture from Pinterest

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Please click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

For your entry to be counted towards the challenge, please share:

1. What you did to explore conditions in magick this week

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new thread in the forum. This keeps your entry separate and is a good option if you have a lot to share.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, September 27th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( 2022-09-27T05:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- you can use this time zone calculator to switch into your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

From days of the week to phases of the moon,
So many to pick, but you’ll have to choose soon!
Collect your conditions and all will agree,
By setting the stage, your spell’s the best it can be!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed be! :white_check_mark: :sparkles:

18 Likes

Wow, I’m gonna have to look through my spell books! Sounds like fun.

11 Likes

112 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Conditional Magick
Challenge entry: Garnet
This is a spell I’ve previously submitted
Mental illness is a precarious condition, brittle behavior, and sometimes even life-threatening. Please see a medical professional if you suspect you have any mental problems.

The challenges are getting more complex each week. Some I can run off in 30-60 minutes, while others take days. I want to thank Kasandra for the idea of this interesting challenge.

Conditional Magick?
Let’s think about that. The actual ‘conditions’ for spells is infinitesimal. Astrology and Zodiac Signs, Time of Day, Dates, and (gasp!). Think about Numbers. Weather, phase of the moon, Location. What candles, Which, if not all elements. Then you give consideration to A Special Deity, I.E. Dragons, Angels, Archangels, your God/Goddess. Whatever crystals and plants, spices and oils you require. If you worry about all of the above, you’ll go crazy.

My suggestion is the KISS theory. And for those of us who have kids, that’s Keep It Simple Sweetie. You are precious and unique in the Deity’s eyes, remember and give thanks.

*You should also be aware that most of the “Muggles” think, we the magically bless are *
Bat :poop: Crazy. Not that we, like everybody else can have some mental problems. WE ARE NOT CRAZY, I like the term Excentric better.
As you think about or look for the perfect spell to perform.
What do you want to accomplish,
how complex or ceremonial do you want the spell to be?
Remember, this is your practice, your altar, tools, and decisions.
As these tools are empowered by you, you in turn are empowered by the tools
OK, you’re going to cast a spell, mine usually involve healing, blessing, and or strength.

I don’t have an altar set up right now, I use my travel altar. Many of my tools are made of oven dries clay, painted, and blessed or dedicated.

I set it up, or not. The magick is in me, I empower it and it returns it 10 fold.

Take a cleansing bath
Go to your magical place
Cast a circle of protection.
set up and bless your altar.
Bow 3 times to honor your Deity
Light your incense and candles (I use incense matches)
Call the elements
This can be done at anytime

To Call a Dragon

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright yellow petals & warm woolen mittens.
Now let’s sing of magic & midnight.
Dragons in flight. Wings in the light.

What is a dragon, let’s think about that.
As a kid, I thought that was old hat.
I’d heard lots of stories, the good & the bad.
And many, many legends, both happy & sad.

Is it red & angry guarding its gold?
Or mean & spiteful because it’s so old?
Is the dragon a fierce creature guarding a princess?
In a tall castle, awaiting a prince, but getting much less.

How would it be if I made up a spell?
Calling the dragons from wherever they dwell.
Making a circle to keep out the bad’
Taking a deep breath,I throw away my sad

But it may be too big for just me to handle
I could pray at my altar, maybe light a candle.
One for each element, green, red, blue White.
Light them at the stroke of midnight.

“I ask you sweet dragon could you come to me now?
I’m coaxing you kindly I hope this is how.
Please come to me & be my guide
& you & I can fly the world wide.

I don’t want to own you, that’s not why I call
I need a friend, a companion & pray I do well
Honest, kind, sensitive & wise, I can tell
With your help, we could do ever so well.

Healing & sending strength & endurance
This is my goal & my reassurance.”
Thank you for listening to my simple plea
It would be grand if you could do that for me.

Looking again at the quiet dark sky, & stars
Feeling the breeze as it whispers to me
I blow out the candles & open the circle
All is OK Mr. Dragon, maybe tomorrow

I know this was a little silly, but if you believe in dragons?
It couldn’t hurt, could it?

blessed be
Garnet

22 Likes

I do almost all of my magickal workings, like spells and meditations, just after the sun goes down and when the moon begins to rise. Not only do I love the night (which I associate with beauty and peace), it’s also when I don’t have to go someplace soon and I’m unlikely to get calls or texts. :laughing:
I’ve been wondering if there is someway I can do magick during the day. Probably the best time would be in the morning (on a day I’m off) and with my phone turned off.
The spell ingredients for finding your dragon teacher are easy: cauldron of fresh water, circle of sea salt, green adventurine, amber, amethyst, and moss agate. A Sunday or a Monday is the day the spell should be cast for the best results. It didn’t say anything about the time of day. So, maybe I can cast the spell Sunday or Monday morning.

14 Likes

@Kasandra , why not.
The magick is your to work, the means also are yours.
Best of luck little one.
Garnet

12 Likes

I very, very much like your spell poem, the spirit and the meter of it. Thank you for sharing that.

15 Likes

An exciting challenge this week. Would this include trigger spells (i.e., they only happen if certain conditions are met)? For example, wards with a send-back-to-sender or hex component to it? I need to reset mine, thanks to a crazy person on TikTok that sent out a hex to all devotees of a particular God.

13 Likes

I have a hard time staying up late for night time rituals. I have noticed that a Full moon is in the sky until at least 6 so I have started spells when I wake up.
My most magickal time is when the moon and sun share the sky on opposites horizons. I am not confident in my spell writing skills but maybe instinct will take over.

14 Likes

From your wonderful reviews in Book Club I know you have some great magickal books and resources on hand- I hope you have fun and I can’t wait to hear the results of your exploration! :books::blush:

I feel you- some topics are indeed more complex than others! But would it be a challenge if the topics weren’t challenging from time to time? :wink::two_hearts: And no matter the difficulty level, you always soar to the occasion and amaze me with your thoughtful entries, Garnet! :heart: This one is no different- great work!

Your dragon spell made me smile- I love everything about this! From your perfect rhyming (hats off to you, I know it’s harder than you make it look! :laughing: ) to the fun word play and beautiful additions of the elements and nature, this is such a delightful spell :dragon_face: :two_hearts:

Thank you so much, Garnet!

Nothing shuts a spell down quite as fast as distractions! :laughing: These are some very smart conditions to have in place before beginning spellwork.

If you do decide to move forward with the dragon teacher spell in the morning (or at night) I’m wishing you all the best, Kasandra! :dragon: :sparkles:

Absolutely! I think that would be a fantastic approach to the challenge :grinning:

And oh goodness, who would do such a thing!? It can’t be a particularly powerful or successful hex to send out to so many unknown people- it sounds like something just purely done out of spite :face_with_diagonal_mouth: And not a particularly smart move either, as I’m sure you’re not the only one with back-to-sender protections in place :shield:

I love this, Crystal! :full_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face: Those rare moments when both the sun and the moon are in the sky are loaded with magick- you really get the best of both worlds! Not to mentions that sunrise and sunset are both powerful times of day too :blush:

As for having a hard time staying up late, you’re not alone! Most midnight spells are off the table for me :laughing:. But like you, early morning spells are fair game- and a great time to energize for the day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

15 Likes

I love you @Garnet - your entry is perfect in every way - I love your poetry and eccentricity and thought process and connect so much to everything you say.

When I first started reading your poem I was singing it to “My Favorite Things” By Julie Andrews, which is what I am sure you were intending… I love the left turn into dragons and the imagery you give to befriending the dragon for

Well done - I LOVE IT!! :dragon:

15 Likes

@Amaris_Bane
Miss Jess,
Magic isn’t fickle. Like prayers, spells can be done/said anytime with success. If you need all the ceremony, then that’s what you should do, there is no right or wrong.

Muggles are frightened, superstitious people. If it soothes or releases your anxiety, by all means, do a return to sender, without harm to others, then let it go.

These fools who send hexes, send emails to 15 people, or else? or honk if you love Jesus, are trapped in their own religious dogma. Forgive them, the only one they’re hurting is themselves. I don’t believe they are being mean or spiteful, just frightened. And fear can be almost impossible to overcome, think “the burning times”.
Stand strong little one.
Love and blessings
Garnet

15 Likes

I love these challenges! It actually keeps me focused and organized (the best it can for me). I firmly believe that the key to success is organization.
It brings up areas that I need to learn as I’m new here. I have so much going on in my life everyday it’s something and it tends to block my focus but here I’m able to disassociate and put all aside and just concentrate on Spells 8.
Thank you for this my witch family…
Medea

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to doing this as well. It’s awesome that there’s a place that you can have fun and still learn all at the same time!

Medea

11 Likes

Good morning Kassandra,
I cannot wait to read this week’s Challenge from you and of course everyone’s. I’ve posted before how interested in Dragons and magic I am. I was reading a book on how to find my dragon and you are so right it really actually is pretty easy… as long as you believe!

Medea

13 Likes

Hi my new Witch Sister!

This is awesome I am trying to learn more about dragons and magic and yes I believe! I can’t wait to get my new computer so I can download and print out your “To Call A Dragon”.

Medea

13 Likes

Tik tok should really have not posted that. It give others ideas to send negative energy, spells, hexes, no good thoughts, bad ideas and etc… in mass quantities.

Medea

13 Likes

Hmmmm great idea @Kasandra

I’ve never really thought too much about my magickal conditions I guess. I’ve just about almost been practicing for a year so I think I would look at them a little more like my own rules or guidelines maybe. I think that as I have been learning the craft I would say that it’s kind of like a wisdom that has been handed down so you do it in your own practice just because it is so, you know? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right?

In my BoS I have the recommendations I guess you could call them like for candle colour correspondence to match intentions, days of the week for certain spells, moon phases for certain spells and intentions. I try and follow the Rule of 3 in every spell I cast.

Journaling in my BoS and my Book of Mirrors is a practice that I try encourage myself to do as often as I can. I am still learning about the wheel of the year celebrations. Being Down Under and being upside down and backwards sometimes makes me a little confuzzled as to where I am and what I’m celebrating lol. But for 2023 I bought myself a witches’ diary specially for the southern hemisphere so I know that will help immensely.

I guess the biggest question before I cast any spell or perform any ritual; ECT that I ask myself would be “is there a crystal for that?”

12 Likes

Hooray! I am so happy to hear you enjoy them, Medea :blush: You’re right- getting started in new areas or topics can be intimidating or confusing, so the goal is to make jumping in more fun :partying_face:

I consider it a big success if the challenges have helped you in your magickal learning! :heart:

I know it can get tricky with the opposites between the hemispheres- I think getting a diary specific to the Southern Hemisphere is a great idea! :star_struck: Also it is really fun to turn the pages and follow along with any upcoming events or seasonal happenings :blush: I hope you enjoy the diary, Jessica! :open_book:

Hahaha that’s a sign that you’re a true crystal lover! :gem::grinning::sparkles: And there’s nothing wrong with having a favorite/prefered area of the Craft :blush:

10 Likes

Hi Jessica.

Great post. If I was asked what is my weakest area in the Magick world or Casting Spells and so on, it would be Crystals.

It would benift me to learn how to use them when crafting a spell, meditation, my altar and while setting my intentions, just to name a few.

Luckily there are “cheat sheets” until I can master this topic. :mage::innocent:

Medea

10 Likes

@Garnet - How many eccentrics have, quite literally, changed the world for the better? All those who were designed to think ‘outside the box’ and made this existence that much more interesting for it!
Your post is wonderfully detailed and cheerful at the same time!

10 Likes