đŸšȘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Passage Into the New Year

Merry meet to all!

Thank you once again to those who spread love and joy with the coven as part of last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- The Magick of Happiness :blush:

After taking a deeper look at how happiness plays a role within our magickal practices, it’s time to shift our gaze ahead and set our sights on the open door in front of us :door: :sparkles:

This week’s challenge is about moving from one period into the next and is

Witchy Challenge New Year Passage

:star2: :door: Passage Into the New Year :mantelpiece_clock: :palms_up_together:

Welcome to the final challenge of 2021!

But what marks the end of one period is also the beginning of the next- though this may be a “last”, it is also a “first”- welcome to challenge #1 of 2022! :tada:

As one era comes to end, it is important to look back upon the past and appreciate how far we’ve come. Many may choose to do reflective and journaling work during this time- if that is in your plans this week, enjoy it! :blush:

But as you peer through the past, try not to get caught on and stuck within your memories- a passage of time is about movement. While there are benefits in looking back, we do so in order to prepare and strengthen us to take the next step forward :footprints:

This challenge is all about using magick to help us move forward into the new year- be it physically, mentally, emotionally, or otherwise.

So are you ready?

Because it’s
 CHALLENGE TIME!!!

:bell:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 1 : New Year, New Magick, New You! :tada:

As the challenge theme is more of an abstract concept this week, it leaves the door wide open (:door:!) to your personal interpretation- feel free to follow your whims with this one!

Not sure where to start? :thinking:

If you’re not quite sure where to start, you might begin by asking yourself a few guiding questions:

~ Is there anything you are trying to move on from?
~ Is there anything you are moving towards?
~ What are your goals for the new year?
~ Vizualize your ideal self: what does this person look/act like, and how can you manifest that?
~ Is there a new area of magick you’d like to learn more about?
~ How do you plan to develop or keep your magickal practice in the year ahead?
~ Etc.

Setting goals and finding direction is important in both magick and our lives. After all, setting your goals is the first step towards achieving them - your intentions now can create a map that leads you towards becoming the kind of witch and person you want to become :compass:

Once you’ve taken some time to examine the road ahead, you’ll have a better idea of a direction to move forwards in for this challenge (and for the new year!) :blush:

There are many ways you can pursue movement with magick- here are just a few challenge entry suggestions to help you get started!

:national_park: Road Opener Spell

A classic for opening doors and clearing the way- a Road Opener Spell is a great spell to cast to welcome in the new year!

Road-Opener-Spell-Recipe-Wicca-360x240
Elemental Road Opener: Prayer to Unlock Paths

Flowers-Wiccan-Spell-Love-Candle-360x240
Fire Flowers: Spell to Open Roads to Love

:red_gift_envelope: A Lucky New Year

Start the new year with a blessing of good luck and bright fortunes- no matter what your goals are (or if you are having trouble choosing a goal) good luck can help you in many ways! Not to mention that starting on a positive note can help set the tone for the rest of the year :+1:

Good-Luck-Spells-Magic-360x240
Spell Collection: Good Luck Spells

:sparkles: Starting Fresh

Even if you’re not sure of a goal or direction you’d like to move forwards in, you can always cleanse the way for when you do have a desire to pursue. Cleansing spells are a new year’s classic- sweep out the old and prepare for the new! :broom:

White-Candle-Cleansing-Meditation-360x240
White Candle Cleansing Spell

Salt-Protection-Spell-Ritual-360x240
Salt Ritual to Cleanse Your Home and Self

Cleanse-Protect-Spiritual-Spell-Bath-360x240
Bath Spell to Cleanse and Protect

:raised_hands: 
And More!

From journalling to writing affirmations and inspirations, meditations and more- there are so many ways you might use magick as you move forward into the new year.

Feel free to be creative with how you take on this challenge! :blush:

Picture from Sacred Wicca: New Year’s Eve Spell by StarFields

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

To participate in the challenge, please share:

1. How you used magick as you moved forward into the new year

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, January 4th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
( 2022-01-04T12:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

When the past fades, it’s bittersweet-
But don’t forget the path at your feet.
A road ahead, open and bright,
You are your own guiding light!
Sending love and hugs to you,
Have a blessed start to 2022!

Happy New Year, Infinite Roots! :door: :fireworks: :infinite_roots:

24 Likes

I’ll plan to do a bit of everything suggested here: a bath, a home and tool cleansing, white candle meditation, and a good luck spell! I’m also thinking of making an envelope with my goals for 2022, seal it and then open it on New Year’s Day 2023 (almost said 2022).:laughing:
One of my goals for 2022 is to not cuss so much.:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Sad to say, I’ve done a lot of that in 2021, mostly at work, but not at customers.:laughing:

19 Likes

This new year will be awesome because on January 2nd it’s the new moon and it’s another opportunity for a fresh start and new beginnings. I already know what I will be doing :slight_smile:

Happy new year everyone :heart:

17 Likes

Ooh! That’s a great idea for goals!! Then next year you can look back to see what you accomplished.

18 Likes

Not fully sure what to do, but reading and search for something to pop out at me or come to me. I want to let go of 2021 since I spent 90-95% of it indoors. It was either too hot, too smokey, or now too cold, too many gathering events were canceled. Totally happy that the Yule (Christmas) did not get fully canceled.

15 Likes

Hmm, I want to do the Road Opener on NYE, but something special on the day. I’ll have to think about it!

15 Likes

That is a good idea!

12 Likes

I’m not sure what to do yet. I remember when I was a little girl, my mother would always cook cabbage (for prosperity) and black eyed peas (for luck). I never thought about it but I guess my mother was a kitchen witch! Lol! I know I will cook the cabbage and black eyed peas on new year’s day because I have kept that tradition. I will think of something.

14 Likes

I know one thing that I will do for sure on New Year’s Eve which has become a bit of a tradition for me even before I found my new witchy way of life is to bury a raw egg in a plant pot near the front door of the house for prosperity in the New Year.

Image source: Pinterest

Now I have never won the lottery or been rolling in oodles of money but ever since I have done this little ritual I have always managed for money throughout the years. I have paid every bill that ever came in both expected and unexpected. Somehow it always seems to work out.

I also made a note for myself to do the New Year’s Home Blessing ritual where you make a display of seashells in the home and light a green candle in the centre on New Year’s Eve and ask any guardian spirits to protect the home in the forthcoming year. I found it on the Spells8 website somewhere. I know I did because I wrote it in my BoS but I am so sorry I can’t for the life of me find where I found it again. Otherwise I would provide the link.

20 Likes

This challenge came at a great time for me. I have to move on from some past things that I’m holding onto & I find who I am now after all this change.

I dont know what I’ll do to help let go & move forward but I’m going to start the latter with some simple self-care. :heart:

14 Likes

@jessica72 I love this so much. I will definitely be practicing this going forward.

14 Likes

You’re welcome :blush:. I tell everyone close to me who will listen to me this time of year to bury an egg! :laughing:

14 Likes

That’s great! Lol

13 Likes

I’m with you! Self-care is definitely high on the priority list this coming year!

12 Likes

@christine13 I actually just started (as in last night) the Witches Book of Self Care by Arin Murphy-Hiscock, I’m going to add it to the book club list in a little bit. I haven’t finished Tending Brigid’s Flame, but I am at a good place to take a break & focus on self-care first then go back to it :books:

13 Likes

Oh, I would like to know how that book turns out! I don’t think I could ever get enough ideas on the subject :heart:

11 Likes

Funny you should say that because I also have Witchcraft for Daily Self Care by: Michael Herkes
 it’s become a recent theme that I need to work on for myself. I will definitely let you know how the first one is once I finish it though.

Also, if you subscribe to Kindle both books are free through Kindle Unlimited. :blush:

12 Likes

Here is what I’m planning to do Saturday morning, with some nice cleansing music from Woke Nation playing in the background.

New Year’s Day Spell

It will take:

Rosemary incense
A bell.

Go into each room of your home with the incense and say the following spell:

I banish the old year with the sound of a bell,
let bad luck, negativity, and self-doubt end at its knell.
Ring in the new year, with hope and with joy!
And with the confidence that it won’t annoy!

Ring the bell and move on to the next room until you finish clearing your house.

19 Likes

This challenge turned out to be no challenged at all. It’s my life.
As a girl, we had to give up something we loved for 6 wks. (Lent)
Since I couldn’t give up my brothers
tacky and illegal. Sadly, it was chocolate.
As an adult, lent became a rough version of new years resolutions.
Resolutions were promises made, knowing you were lying.
Fast forward 50 years. It took a long time but I finally grew a brain and or conscience. I think I’ve always used Magick, whether it was voiced as a wish or a prayer.
Now old and new are not so different. It’s like a list of meaningful words being circled with promises.
Words like:
Healing
kindness, understanding
love
concern
gentle words for every one but especially to my families, because blood and heart’s blood have become so very precious to me.
With wishes and Magick and prayers my goals are unchanged.
As my life begins to wind down, as it should. I am pleased and satisfied.
May your new year be “Charmed” and blessed.
Garnet

11 Likes

@Kasandra You have some wonderful goals in line to welcome in the new year- I love the idea about writing a letter to your future self! :love_letter: And good luck with your goal about cussing! :pray: When I started working with kids I had to learn not to cuss at all while on the job, and something I found worked for me was finding other words that aren’t swears but putting the same level of intensity into saying them. Cussing is all about release of energy and the satisfaction of saying it- you can get pretty creative with alternatives! :joy:

@Peridot Absolutely! :blush: A New Moon and the fresh new energy it brings is a great start to the new year! Can’t wait to see what you’ll do- wishing a very happy new year to you too, Peridot! :heart:

@Debra2 It was a blessing that your holidays celebrations were able to carry on- a lovely way to wrap up the year, and hopefully a good sign of the new year to come! :two_hearts:

@Amethyst Wishing you all the best with your Road Opener on the Eve- and wow, I am loving how your New Year’s Day Spell turned out! :heart_eyes: Two ingredients keeps it very manageable, enhanced with a speciality trademark Amethyst’s chant. It is so beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The sound of the bell will say farewell to the old and ring in the new- great job, Amethyst, I love this so much! :bell:

@Ostara Some people in our lives have magick and just don’t call it by that name- my mother is the same way :blush: I don’t think I’ve ever had black eyed peas, but we did eat a lot of cabbage in Poland- I’ll feel lucky the next time I’m enjoying some! :green_heart:

@Jessica72 That’s a lovely egg ritual, Jessica- thanks for sharing it! It sounds like it has been working egg-stremely well for you over the years :wink::egg: (forgive me haha) When I think of Home Blessings on Spells8 the Home Blessing and Hestia’s Blessing come right to mind, but neither of them use seashells
 maybe it was Ocean’s Charm? That’s a good luck spell that would be great on NYE! :shell: Whatever the spell is, it sounds lovely- wishing you very blessed spellwork and happy new year, Jessica! :two_hearts:

@Susurrus Self-care is wonderful because it washes away negativity, helps to heal current wounds, and sets us up for more love and success in the future- I think it’s a great way to welcome in the new year! :sparkles: Good luck and enjoy your self care work, Siofra! :blush:

@Garnet Hahaha about trying to give up your brothers- you are so funny, Garnet! :laughing: A shame the chocolate had to go for a bit instead. That was a beautiful reflection on your goals, wishes, and promises- thank you so much for sharing! I can tell this theme is close to your heart. Wishing you a very blessed new year, and may there be many more healthy years to come! :hugs::heart:

15 Likes