đŸšȘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Passage Into the New Year

Thank you! I wanted to clear my rooms but I can’t stand long so it had to be short, LOL!

11 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I know what I’m reading tonight on my kindle.

9 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Ba doom tsh. :laughing: love it!

11 Likes

Well it’s officially the morning of December 31st 2021 here in Perth! :tada:

I don’t know how much I can hope, pray and wish on any little star :star2: that will listen to me that I will keep moving forward in my journey in 2022 and leave August of 2006 to October of 2021 so very far behind me.

For 15 years he had the benefit of my money and whatever else he could get out of me. I was so trained in trying to please him that’s literally all I knew and what I became. Exactly what he wanted me to be. I lost everything about who I was, what I wanted and what I could be. I truly believed that all I was worth is how he treated me. My self-worth was left in tatters and I didn’t know if I could put myself back together again. I felt so broken. But I channelled my inner Stitch to realise that I may be broken but I’m still good. There has to be something worth salvaging after all that destruction.

Image Source: https://tenor.com

I have decided in 2022 that for the first time, especially in the last 15 years I am going to start focusing on myself, what I would like and how I want my life to look post narcissist. I intend to give myself a chance at happiness. Mitch doesn’t have any power to hurt me anymore. What is hurting me, is me holding onto the past. I want to let it all go and be free. I’m not going to lie, it is utterly terrifying. All I can do is, take it one day at a time. Focus a lot more on self-care, realise that self- care does not mean selfishness.

Image Source: https://tenor.com

Books, books and more books! :books:

I was so very lucky to receive a brand new journal and an amethyst topped pen as well as these two books from my mum (and Denezel and Dillon :paw_prints:) for Christmas. ’The Witch’s Guide to Complete Self-Care: Everyday Healing Rituals and Calming Potions for Well-Being" by Theodosia Corinth and ’Witchcraft Therapy: Your Guide to Banishing the Bulls@#$t and Invoking Your Inner Power’ by Mandi Em.

There are a couple more books along the same lines that I’d like to get sometime soon too. 'The White Witch’s Book of Healing: Weaving Magickal Rituals throughout your Craft for Sacred Healing and Reclamation of the Wild Witch Within’ by Carly Rose and ’Wellness Witch: Healing Potions, Soothing Spells, and Empowering Rituals for Magical Self-Care’ by Nikki Van De Car.

I really would like to try and spend as much time as I can in 2022 focusing on some serious shadow work to try and help myself heal and make myself a better version of me for myself. I found another couple of books that I would like to get too! *'Shadow Work: Understanding and Making Peace With Your Darker Side’ and ‘Advanced Shadow Work: Facing & Embracing the Dark Side of Your Soul’ both by Kelly Wallace.

Looks like my witchy library will grow substantially over 2022. :laughing:

I have picked out a couple of spells that I am going to do tonight and tomorrow and I’ll share them once I’ve done them cause I’d love to share some photos with you if I can!

Happy New Year everyone! If you’re out celebrating please take care and stay safe! :mask:

May 2022 be the opposite of 2021!

14 Likes

Hugs Jessica, I have known some narcissists in my life too. I know how it feels when someone brings you down so low that there are two ways to go. (Straight up or sideways) I went sideways for many years. I have a wonderful loving husband for the last 12 years, but I still suffer the effects from the past. That is why my New Year Resolution is self love. I am 54 years old and it’s time. Happy New Year Jessica and keep your head up and a smile on your face because you deserve it.

10 Likes

Thank you so much! You don’t know how much it helps just having people who understand completely what it was like. You literally question your own reality.
I really mean it when I say don’t know what I would do without my amazing new witchy family.
I really felt like that I’ve got a choice to make. I can stay where he left me or I can rise above it like a sparkly little phoenix and be better than that.
Much love to you @Ostara xxx

10 Likes

Good luck healing @jessica72! You’re on the right track, you’ve just got to keep on keeping on. We’re here for you!

By the way, thanks for the name of those Shadow work books, it looked interesting!

10 Likes

Thank you. You’re most welcome! I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as too many books! :laughing:

10 Likes

I did my home blessing for the New Year. I made my arrangement of seashells in a dish on the hall table in the front entrance. I lit my green candle and asked any benevolent spirits to please come and bless and protect my home for the forthcoming year.

• please excuse the dachshunds everywhere. We’re dachshund mad in our household. You should see my mum’s china cabinets :crazy_face:
14 Likes

That is a beautiful idea!

9 Likes

Great arrangement, it looks beautifully done for your home!

• in our house between Winnie the Pooh, Boston Bruins, & American Staffordshire Terriers (Pitbulls)
 our house is a bit the same. We have a wall of Bruins, a Wall of Pooh, & then pictures of our puppies all over the place! Plus trinkets, stuffies, & wall hangings.

:rofl:

8 Likes

Lightly reflecting on 2021, a lot of ‘detox’ing’ to write the least, and considering today is ruled by the lovely Venus leading into the New Year. Decided to do something different than I have done so far, and to start off the New Year, and that’s love. Nothing in particular or romantic, but just love, it will be a good idea, why not? Open up that door. So just now I performed the Fire Flowers spell.

Used the flowers from my white orchid plant, love her so much, couldn’t bear to throw away her flowers.

And here is picture of the spell I just performed, going to let the candle run on its own.

I’m looking to repot one of my plants, I will put the remains at the bottom of it.

Later tonight, before I go to bed, going to perform the cleansing bath provided here, and at that time going to read through all the entries here, so looking forward to that!

14 Likes

If I could think of a theme for this year it would definitely be making peace with my past. I have grown a tremendous amount this year. I have evolved into a person I love very much and am proud to be. Now that I have safely tucked my past selves into bed I can focus on what is in my future. Where will I be at this time next year? Time will tell!

This year, I’m having trouble labeling what my goal is. I really like the way I am heading so I’d like to continue on this path. While also being open to learning even more, growing even more, becoming an even better person. Maybe, being open to Clarity is my goal? The Road Opener Spell seems exactly what I need.

I found a webpage of New Year’s Affirmations that I plan to use rather than making a Resolution. I will walk into this year building myself up, attracting by positive thoughts. This will be nice to combine with a White Candle Cleansing meditation.

I will journal more this year, if only once a week at best. A recap of the weekend or work week, how I’ve been feeling in this moon phase, where I am at with my goals and intentions. I am feeling journaling will help me center my craft more. Especially now that I am starting to see major results in my life. It is important to me that I start taking notes as to what I am doing here.

Starting with I am going to plan a ritual cleansing shower for tonight. I will put some time and effort into this and take notes. It will be a nice start to crafting part of my journey. Am I right to think that as I practice my ritual more and more it will become something even better by next year?

@jessica72 I sooo have my raw egg ready to get buried! Love this my kids will totally remember doing this. Pretty sure my husband is going to have to look the other way for this one haha :slight_smile: also, I am so proud of you - you will never regret giving yourself extra love and attention. I am so so excited for you because you are stepping into a very bright and exciting future. Hugs sister!

@Amethyst Thank you so much for the Rosemary Bell Chant. I think this will also be fun to do with my children. I definitely know my son enjoys ringing our house bell so his participating is pretty much guaranteed!

Tonight I will be smoking a Tri-Tip, making scalloped potatoes, and a fresh salad. I will warm some French Bread in honor of my Father who has passed. It was always something I remember him sitting out when I was a child, he called it Christmas Bread. Which until I was about twelve I actually thought was a real thing and not a loaf of French Bread. Lastly I will make a Blackberry Honey Cake in honor and gratitude of the Lord and Lady. Do you ever feel like you can’t tell them “Thank you” enough?

Anyways my sisters and brothers, I love you all, I am so grateful to have found this community. I don’t think I can say that enough either :slight_smile: :love_you_gesture: :dizzy:

Blessed Be and Have a Happy New Year!!

13 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m just glad it’s something your whole family can do! Hope your feast turns out well tonight!

11 Likes

I have been picking up dead branches around the yard and I have a place for a bonfire at the back of my property. I am going to write down all the things from 2021 that I don’t want to take into 2022. It has been a rough year for so many. I am going to take a cleansing bath and go outside and light the bonfire. When I am ready, I will place the list and a 2021 calendar into the fire and let it go. Happy New Year everyone. I know 2022 will be great! And @jessica72 I buried the egg!

12 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth! This year is about going forward with the path I’ve chosen. I am also grateful I have found Spells8 and joined on 11/11. What a turning point in my life. To be around like-minded people and having the freedom to discuss
anything, really!
I know that the couple spells I have done being a baby witch have worked for me. To suddenly look back one day and say, "Hey, I really did banish that negativity. or “I really do feel more love and acceptance for myself.” It’s quite amazing.
And we are also having a nice dinner! Surf and Turf! Shrimp, crab legs and sirloin steaks. It will be the last time for awhile I’ll be eating beef. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to cut back on beef. I eat way too much of it.

You’ve been doing great, Jessica! Give yourself a hug because you’re a strong young lady, and a true inspiration.

And @MeganB my Sunshine Oil is done today. It smells so good!

15 Likes

Yay! :partying_face: :tada: :sunny:

12 Likes

Thank you :blush: and your sunshine oil looks amazing :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

@Ostara @LadyAuld.ofChico Yay! I’m sure it will help you bothđŸ€žI truly believe that it has always helped me. And thank you both so much for your kind words.

10 Likes

@Susurrus thank you :blush: it’s a amazing the bits and pieces you find to add to the collection :laughing: makes birthdays, mother’s day and Christmas gifts easy!

@Ostara thank you. I’m pretty chuffed with how it turned out :blush:

9 Likes